`RoccerMom' offered 2 to 6 years in drunken driving fatality

Full story: The Associated Press

The 'RoccerMom' accused of killing a teenage girl by driving drunk after a night of clubbing with her daughter was offered a plea bargain Friday that would cap her prison sentence at two to six years.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2007
Jennifer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

I know to all of you this mother seems as if she deserves the worst. It was one bad choice that runied this womans life forever. I wish all of you knew Mrs. Ciarcia . She is actualy m aunt who Iv'e obviously known all my life. She loves children and a tradgedy like this is bad enough for her. You all need to realize that just because a person makes one bad judgment does not make them a criminal. All im saying is dont down size a person and make assumptions on person who made one bad choice her entire life.
LWC

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Jennifer wrote:
I know to all of you this mother seems as if she deserves the worst. It was one bad choice that runied this womans life forever. I wish all of you knew Mrs. Ciarcia . She is actualy m aunt who Iv'e obviously known all my life. She loves children and a tradgedy like this is bad enough for her. You all need to realize that just because a person makes one bad judgment does not make them a criminal. All im saying is dont down size a person and make assumptions on person who made one bad choice her entire life.
On CBS 6pm news tonight they showed a picture of Mrs. Ciarcia and her family wearing CBGB's shirts in Washington Square park, could you please tell me where this is posted on the web, it's such a lovely picture of a happy family? Thanks.
JeNn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2007

you ever think about the kids??? It is indeed the mothers fault but why should the kids have to suffer?? The family is trying to do all they can for the children. Those children will never be able to be in their own neigborhood without being harassed. People make stupid choices and drive under the influence everyday. I can guarantee that you alone know people who drive under the influence, they just were lucky to never have an accident. Im not sticking up for Mrs. Ciarcia im just saying she isn't a bad person nor is she a bad parent. All of those kids love her because she was a cool parent trying to be both a parent and a friend. Take a look around it is 2007 so many girls run away , get pregnant, even start wth drugs because they don't have a loving or caring family. This is a tragic accident that could have happened to anyone.
GRACE FROM LA

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

WAIT I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY IF THIS WOMAN WAS SUCH A GREAT MOM WHY IN THE HELL WAS SHE TAKING A 16 AND A 15 YEAR OLD CLUBBING AND GETTING DRUNK RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND GETTING THEM HOME THAT LATE IM SORRY BUT THIS WOMEN IS NOT A RESPONSIBLE ADULT HEY AND DID THE OTHER GIRLS PARENTS KNOW THAT THERE DAUGHTER WAS OUT CLUBBING AND GETTING HOME THAT LATE BEACAUSE IF THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER I WOULD HAVE THAT WOMEN PUT AWAY FOR GOOD AND IF SHE EVER GOT OUT I WOULD MAKE HER LIFE A LIVING HELL!!
Chrissie from Yorktown

Chappaqua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

I'm with you> Enough of this sob story about her making one mistake. It was a series of irresponsible actions. Time to pay the piper. Sorry her kids will lose a mom. Hope they have a better father.
GRACE FROM LA wrote:
WAIT I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY IF THIS WOMAN WAS SUCH A GREAT MOM WHY IN THE HELL WAS SHE TAKING A 16 AND A 15 YEAR OLD CLUBBING AND GETTING DRUNK RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND GETTING THEM HOME THAT LATE IM SORRY BUT THIS WOMEN IS NOT A RESPONSIBLE ADULT HEY AND DID THE OTHER GIRLS PARENTS KNOW THAT THERE DAUGHTER WAS OUT CLUBBING AND GETTING HOME THAT LATE BEACAUSE IF THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER I WOULD HAVE THAT WOMEN PUT AWAY FOR GOOD AND IF SHE EVER GOT OUT I WOULD MAKE HER LIFE A LIVING HELL!!
jenn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

GRACE FROM LA wrote:
Ok and obviously all the parents that were there knew that their kids were there. Cornish got t the club on her own so I woul like to belief her mom knew where she was. There is more to this story than everyone gets with the media. All you see is a woman driving drunk and killing a kid. Im sorry but I see people every night driving drunk and that could be your son, daughter, mother, father, aunt , uncle, or even best friend. They just beat the system. I do believe drunk drivers are stupid but not criminals. It is a mistake. Unfortunately this one took someones life and effected 3 lovley families.
michael

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2007

jenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok and obviously all the parents that were there knew that their kids were there. Cornish got t the club on her own so I woul like to belief her mom knew where she was. There is more to this story than everyone gets with the media. All you see is a woman driving drunk and killing a kid. Im sorry but I see people every night driving drunk and that could be your son, daughter, mother, father, aunt , uncle, or even best friend. They just beat the system. I do believe drunk drivers are stupid but not criminals. It is a mistake. Unfortunately this one took someones life and effected 3 lovley families.
I AM NOT GOING TO BE AS VERBAL ABOUT THIS ISSUE AS I SHOULD BUT, DRINKING AND DRIVING IS STUPID AND A CRIME. THEREFORE SHE IS A STUPID CRIMINAL WHO JUST HAPPENED TO GET CAUGHT! OH, BY THE WAY, THIS MAY JUST SEEM SECONDARY TO OTHERS OUT THERE BUT....... SHE INJURED SOMEBODY AND KILLED SOMEBODY ELSE!!!!!
THIS IS NOT A TRIVIAL MATTER THAT SOME WRITTERS SEEM TO PORTRAY IT TO BE. THIS IS A SERIOUS CRIME AND SHE SHOULD BE PUNISHED AS A MURDERER! NOT JUST SLAPPED ON THE WRIST BECAUSE SHE SAID SHE IS SORRY, HAS A FAMILY OF HER OWN AND CRIED IN COURT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yorktown Heights Discussions

Search the Yorktown Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 53 min CrewCut 17
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 12 hr cornholio 437
St. Joseph's Home (Apr '13) 12 hr Joya McCoy 3
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 12 hr sdd 755
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 13 hr Wake up 669
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 13 hr trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr land of the slaves 6,371
•••
•••

Yorktown Heights News Video

•••
Yorktown Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Yorktown Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••