Springettsbury Township supervisor charged with harassment

Full story: The York Daily Record

Pennsylvania State Police have charged a Springettsbury Township supervisor with harassment after an incident that took place at the township building last month, according to a news release.
Comments
61 - 80 of 132 Comments Last updated May 15, 2013
Voter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Real Springetts Voter wrote:
What an embarassment Julie Landis is to the Republican Party! The powers that be in the Republican Party should toss her out! Who needs this kind of trash? I'm so sick of hearing about her garbage and false accusations. This creep will do ANYTHING to call attention to herself and try to convince others that she is just a little sweetheart. Paleeeeeeeeze! What must her employer think??! Can't be good for their business. Again - ignore the distraction - vote for Schenck if you care about the future and character of Springettsbury Township.
Many in the Republican Party are beginning to see the true nature of Landis's ambitions and her willingness to lie to get what she wants. She has sold her soul to Scott Wagner (angry he lost the garbage contract), Joe Darrah (angry he can't violate township ordinances without being fined by the Courts), and Bill Carter (angry he can't just divide land without subdivision authorization). They are running Russ Wantz to be their puppet. What honest person would choose to run and support a man arrested for solicitation of a prostitute a few short years ago. Wagner, Darrah, and Carter are the only, and I mean ONLY people who contributed to Wantz's campaign. What does that tell you? Wagner gave Wantz $7000 for a township supervisor race. Don't tell me he doesn't want something - namely control and revenge. This whole race and the whole Julie generated "scandal" stinks to high heaven. Before Landis joined the board, we could be proud of how it did business. She has made our board a laughing stock through her actions and lies. Smart voters will see through it and give the honorable Bill Schenck their vote on Tuesday. Then we can figure out a way to impeach that Bozo Landis.
INFO

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

truths wrote:
Julie Landis has no integrity, character or moral values. What she does have is the capability of lying to your face and not bat an eye. She might be capable to fool some people but not all, she will step on anyone to get what she wants...be careful! She is anything but a lady.
I hope you have proof for these allegations.
Impeach Landis

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

INFO wrote:
<quoted text>
All the proof you need comes straight from Landis' big mouth. She constantly incriminates herself. Doesn't take a genious to realize it.
A really big showwww

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

I may just start hanging around the township building a little more. We have an ordinance officer punching out citizens, and a township supervisor yelling a cussing in a meeting and another one bullying a woman.... what a show...!! What's next??
PT Barnum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

A really big showwww wrote:
I may just start hanging around the township building a little more. We have an ordinance officer punching out citizens, and a township supervisor yelling a cussing in a meeting and another one bullying a woman.... what a show...!! What's next??
Sell tickets to raise money for the Canine!
A really big showwww

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

PT Barnum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sell tickets to raise money for the Canine!
I'd pay to watch this stuff... this is great!!
(for real though... this is an embarrassment !! This is not some Podunk township)
Oh my

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Bishop challenged a firefighter to a fist fight a few years ago after a township meeting.He has caused more confrontations than any other Supervisor in the years I was with Springettsbury Twp.He needs to go,period.
Dirty money

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Many in the Republican Party are beginning to see the true nature of Landis's ambitions and her willingness to lie to get what she wants. She has sold her soul to Scott Wagner (angry he lost the garbage contract), Joe Darrah (angry he can't violate township ordinances without being fined by the Courts), and Bill Carter (angry he can't just divide land without subdivision authorization). They are running Russ Wantz to be their puppet. What honest person would choose to run and support a man arrested for solicitation of a prostitute a few short years ago. Wagner, Darrah, and Carter are the only, and I mean ONLY people who contributed to Wantz's campaign. What does that tell you? Wagner gave Wantz $7000 for a township supervisor race. Don't tell me he doesn't want something - namely control and revenge. This whole race and the whole Julie generated "scandal" stinks to high heaven. Before Landis joined the board, we could be proud of how it did business. She has made our board a laughing stock through her actions and lies. Smart voters will see through it and give the honorable Bill Schenck their vote on Tuesday. Then we can figure out a way to impeach that Bozo Landis.
Finally, the truth. This is what voters need to know. The unscrupulous Landis has taken an argument and blown it up into a criminal charge. Sensationalism at its worst. Now Wantz runs an ad in the Sunday paper showing a Criminal Record Check for himself that is clean. It is only clean because he was admitted into the Accelerated Rehabilitation Program after his arrest for SOLICITING A PROSTITUTE! When a person completes that program, their record is expunged. But he was charged and basically, by not contesting the charges, in my mind he pleaded guilty by taking ARD. Combine that with his support from the three men above who all have a selfish financial interest in owning another township supervisor, and you have a very important race about to take place on Tuesday. I am more convinced than ever that Bill Schenck deserves my vote. Keep our township clean.
truths

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

INFO wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who has affair(s)with married police officer(s) has no morals, character or integrity. Why do you think her husband filed for a divorce and she lives with a married man.
Springetts Voter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has had to deal with Landis and her over the top behavior knows what she is like. Ask the Central School Board members. We don't for one minute believe her version of the incident at the township. Since she supports Russ Wantz, we won't. We don't need another incompetent like her on our township board. We and all of our friends and neighbors who care about our community will be supporting a true public servant, Bill Schenck.
truths

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

How Low Can You Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics in York does seem to run a lot on gossip about candidates sex lives.
I managed a woman's campaign years ago and they were calling her a lesbian to smear her.
Calling people gay or saying they cheat on their spouses is common practice for those who campaign in the gutter.
Is that where Bill Schenck is at right now?????
People who represent our community and hold public office(s) should be accountable for their moral value, character, and integrity. They are people who we look up to, if they lie and cheat in their personal life how do you expect them to be any different in office. Julie Landis should be held accountable for her actions.

I believe we should take care of our police officers, they do a heck of a job, give up holiday with their families, work some strange hours and have to deal with stresses we have no idea about, all to protect us.
Lance Rentzel

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

These Springettsbury supervisors have made themselves the laughing stock of the county. What a group of losers. Hey a**wipes,,do us all a favor and resign.
LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!
Ramrod

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Springettsbury is the most messed up corrupt township in the county. And its leaders are worthless.
Bob Horman

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

I suggest all the supervisors resign. They fight like 2nd graders at recess. We have lost all respect for them ( not that we had that much too begin with ).
Curious

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

truths wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who has affair(s)with married police officer(s) has no morals, character or integrity. Why do you think her husband filed for a divorce and she lives with a married man.
How do you know all this?
Steve

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

every thing i see leads to a mole in the wood pile something is bad here or we would not have these accusations from both sides. in the paper today Wagner has donated much to others so i believe he wants a change. carter just wants to get through a sub division that Holman seems to be holding up with engineer demands. after hearing Pasch thurs night it dont surprise me that there are alot of that going on so holmans freind makes big bucks. i talked to the old zoning officer who tells me that holman railroaded darrah and had the engineer lie in court to stop him from having any use of the land he bought. he actually had the engineer write letters to DEP to stop him but they gave him a permit to handle the storm water from 83 and this is when he got canned for not being a YES man and they hired Baugh
Debbie F

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Bob Horman wrote:
I suggest all the supervisors resign. They fight like 2nd graders at recess. We have lost all respect for them ( not that we had that much too begin with ).
LOL !! The supervisors are a bunch of worthless morons.
Susie S

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Bunch of incompetent small town pollytikans,,,,can't even run their own lives but try to run everyone elses.
Lest we forget

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Watch Wantz hidein his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Landis is a Loser

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

Intelligent residents of Springettsbury Townhip - Vote for Schenck. It is true - Landis instigated the whole scam of harassment against the REAL supervisors of the Township to distract from her desire to get more incompetents like herself on the Board so she can run the Township into the gutter. Just come to the meetings and witness her childish behavior. After she acts out, she tries to blame Bishop for reacting to her nonsense. Then she tries to look important by publicly "telling the Township Manager she is his boss" to show off for her police buddies (that don't live in the Township). Wow ... we're so impressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the York Forum right now

Search the York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr bobby6464 3,826
Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) 18 hr Laura Adams 81
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white 21 hr 498klj 1
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) Jul 27 MrCracka 5,606
Review: D & M Auto Sales Jul 25 Caveat Emptor 2
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
•••
•••
•••
York Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

York Jobs