Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,569
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#116600 Jul 2, 2012
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So in short, I am correct and you are a paid operative. No surprise, but I bet you feel good now that your cards are face-up.
Yes, you are an embarassment to the cause of the right.
nac

Brooklyn, NY

#116601 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew what you were talking about it might be more interesting.
Enlighten us as to why selective enforcement of the law is good for the majority of the people please.

South Central Virginia

#116602 Jul 2, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlighten us as to why selective enforcement of the law is good for the majority of the people please.
Enlighten us as to why temporary waivers to allow the system to catch up with regulatory demands was bad.

What percentage of waivers fit outside of the statement I just made?

South Central Virginia

#116603 Jul 2, 2012
For those of you who are writting down Romney's promises so you can track them as Obama's were tracked:

"In my first year I will make sure we actually do take on immigration, we secure our border, we make sure that we grow legal immigration in a way that provides people here with skill and expertise that we want," Romney said at a fundraiser earlier this week.

All this is on top of lofty expectations Romney’s set for himself on the economy; he said in May that an unemployment rate above 4 percent is “not cause for celebration.”

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/...

South Central Virginia

#116604 Jul 2, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective implies there was political shanangans going on. How many waivers were disapproved out of how many applied for?
nac

Brooklyn, NY

#116605 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective implies there was political shanangans going on. How many waivers were disapproved out of how many applied for?
On the surface it sure looks like shenanagans. All of those luxury spas & restaurants in pelosi's district that got them seem fishy. And half went to unions. What percent of the workforce do they make up again?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#116606 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Oscar, huge numbers exempt specifically in Pelosi and Reid districts. Just a coincidence.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#116607 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are an embarassment to the cause of the right.
Hey dummy, you forgot to put your Devin sock on for that retort.

South Central Virginia

#116608 Jul 2, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
On the surface it sure looks like shenanagans. All of those luxury spas & restaurants in pelosi's district that got them seem fishy. And half went to unions. What percent of the workforce do they make up again?
Skipped around my question, but don't. How many waivers were denied as a percentage of waivers granted?

Out of all the waivers granted, how many were permanent instead of temporary?

These two questions and their answer do a lot to determine if you have a valid complaint or not.

South Central Virginia

#116609 Jul 2, 2012
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oscar, huge numbers exempt specifically in Pelosi and Reid districts. Just a coincidence.
What was the percentage expempted in their districts vs. Boehners and McConnell's?

Saying a huge number was exempted some place is meaningless unless you have something to compare it to.

South Central Virginia

#116610 Jul 2, 2012
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dummy, you forgot to put your Devin sock on for that retort.
With over 39,000 posts I only have time for one identity and it is all I ever used.

Now if I was getting paid to post I would use multiple identities without signing up.
nac

Selden, NY

#116611 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Skipped around my question, but don't. How many waivers were denied as a percentage of waivers granted?
Out of all the waivers granted, how many were permanent instead of temporary?
These two questions and their answer do a lot to determine if you have a valid complaint or not.
The most transparent administration ever has not made public a list of who was denied, so that question can't be answered. Do you have the info?

South Central Virginia

#116612 Jul 2, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
The most transparent administration ever has not made public a list of who was denied, so that question can't be answered. Do you have the info?
"Altogether, the Obama administration has granted 1372 waivers and has denied about 100 requests."

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/05/pelos...

And even the 100 that were denied could have been resubmitted and approved.
nac

Brooklyn, NY

#116613 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And further, "selective enforcement" doesn't IMPLY anything. If you want a waiver, you apply for one. If they give you one, they have decided that their new law doesn't apply to you.
Do Not Be STUPID Again

Temple, TX

#116614 Jul 2, 2012
Some Real Facts About Mitt Romney That We Will Not Hear About From The Media!

Mitt Romney:

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he
passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up
office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That
company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would
go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like
Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama,
Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.

Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.

Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.

Unpaid bishop and state president for his church 10 years.

No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.

No salary as MA governor 4 years.

That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church.

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%

Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%

This is real character vs..well you know whom!

At least we know what religion he is, for sure where he was born, who he has associated with and
that he won't bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on white house parties and
lavish vacations. We know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the “Hope and Change”
guy has failed to get us out of. All he can do well is campaign. We won’t like all the things necessary
to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.

But, on the minus side, He never had valuable experience as a "Community Organizer", never took
drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he
attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.

Teddy R

Vancouver, Canada

#116615 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
Wassamatter - can't read, twit?

26 U. S. C. Section 5000A(d)- just as I previously cited. The mandate does not apply to some individuals, such as prisoners and undocumented aliens.

The exemption appears on pp. 147-148 of the link you posted - showing you don't even read your own links before posting!

(d) APPLICABLE INDIVIDUAL.—For purposes of this section—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘applicable individual’ means,
with respect to any month, an individual other than an individual
described in paragraph (2),(3), or (4).
(3) INDIVIDUALS NOT LAWFULLY PRESENT.—Such term
shall not include an individual for any month if for the month
the individual is not a citizen or national of the United States
or an alien lawfully present in the United States.

And you didn't even know that, did you, Obobo boy? You're still shocked.

Lame Nathan Thurm imitation response in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
Teddy R

Vancouver, Canada

#116616 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was not cost reducation. It was expanded coverage.
Exactly. The nation desperately NEEDED reductions in the COST of healthcare.

What they got rammed down their throat by the Pelosi-Reid progressive axis was a vast EXPANSION of federal meddling, intrusion, and bureaucracy and unaffordable benefits - the cost of which is shifted onto the backs of others.

Teddy R

Vancouver, Canada

#116617 Jul 2, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have read Roberts statement. I am still waiting for your review of the healthcare act though so you clarify where and why illegal aliens are exempt.
You obviously haven't read crap - or you wouldn't be standing there with your pants around your ankles still demanding that I show you what's stated in black-and-white on Pg 7 of Roberts' decision and on pp 147-148 of the ACA copy you yourself linked in your own post!

You're a joke! GTFO!
bozo 3341

Nashua, NH

#116618 Jul 2, 2012
That obama what a kidder !
He is the same guy who promised voters the most open above board administration America has ever had then once he got our vote he and his gang went behind closed doors to two years crafting the health care mess , some open honest adminstration hun??

Then the other stimulas bills all failed to do what he promised he would do so why would anyone beleive him now his track record delivering on promises sucks along with hi understanding of economics and how jobs are created
nac

Patchogue, NY

#116619 Jul 2, 2012
bozo 3341 wrote:
That obama what a kidder !
He is the same guy who promised voters the most open above board administration America has ever had then once he got our vote he and his gang went behind closed doors to two years crafting the health care mess , some open honest adminstration hun??
Then the other stimulas bills all failed to do what he promised he would do so why would anyone beleive him now his track record delivering on promises sucks along with hi understanding of economics and how jobs are created
Because these days... actions, results, truth do not matter to the majority of the people in this country. The only thing that matters is the D or the R next to the crooked politician's name. What they actually do does not matter a lick to most people anymore.

Most people have just become conditioned to hate the other party, and pay almost no attention to what their party does. Obama the President has been the exact opposite of Obama the candidate, and most of his policies have been a disaster. Do the liberals care? No. Too busy claiming that the republicans are the one's causing the problem, Issa is running a witch hunt, fox news lies, Limbaugh hates (group du jour), and of course BUSH!!!!

Republicans are no better. They stood by cheering as he wiped his azz with the Constitution and acted a fool for 8 years.

The good news? These two administrations have been so unbelievably bad that people are starting to wake up. Not many people around here, ha ha, but a lot of Americans out there are upset and want Liberty and freedom restored.

Spread the word & we might get our Republic back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russian Central Bank manager shoots dead three ... Thu RUSSIA in CHAOS 15
Watch Out! Robert R Howard out of jail and scam... Jan 27 danny437 1
Sinhue Johnson's fight over his family shows ch... Jan 26 lady 59
PETITION: Free Ricky the bear from her inhumane... Jan 24 lady 7
Eight protesters against fracking arrested at G... Jan 21 lady 1
Immigrants more likely than US born to own a sm... Jan 20 silly rabbit 18
Review: D And M Auto Sales Jan 12 kevindelloche1000 1
York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web