Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,172

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#141037 May 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Here is the latest for the week joe, please tell me what this had to do with USA and our brave military? 2012.05.11 (Baqubah, Iraq)- Terrorists kill five people in their own home, including a teenager.
2012.05.10 (Mogadishu, Somalia)- Islamists throw grenades into the street, killing three civilians.
2012.05.10 (Karachi, Pakistan)- A young Shiite is shot through the head and neck by Sunni militants.
2012.05.10 (Damascus, Syria)- Two Religion of Peace suicide bombers detonate during the morning rush hour, sending at least fifty-five people to Allah.
2012.05.10 (Paktika, Afghanistan)- Four others are left dead when six Shahid suicide bombers attack a government building.
Should I post a few killings that has happened in the US?
All these countries are at war with themselves, muslims are trying to untify islamic people in to one force. So far we have helped those people, and I can tell you that they will not be grateful to us for it. Divided they are unable to resist to west. Those dictators were the only things keeping muslims from uniting, we are taking them out one by one. This will mean something to our soldiers, and not in a good way.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141041 May 13, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying for brevity. Thank's for noticing, my arguments are getting better.
You use emotion, as your only reason, for same sex marriage. Sauce for the goose...
Histrionic does NOT mean better, you dolt.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141042 May 13, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is an assault on gender, it says either a man or woman is disposable. We cherish marriage because we know the differences between man and woman are great, in every aspect of culture and essential to the survival of the human race.
And you had the nerve to accuse me of using emotional arguments?

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#141043 May 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Little slow on comprehension? Read it again Slow Clyde. "but let's talk today, since 9-11 there have been over 19000 deadly islamic terrorist attacks." How many Christian attacks since 9/11 mr bigot?
Why limit history to ten years?

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#141044 May 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Joe, fight back for your confused friends, make more of an ass out of yourself. Did you read what I wrote at all? I said deadly islamic terror attacks. Do you consider our brave men and women and gay soldiers just attacking innocent people and in the name of Christ? Are they Christian soldiers? I know you are upset your uncle Bin and saddam are dead, but life goes on for you. Keep posting, each time you make yourself sound more ridicules.
In your own words, please tell me why the US was attacked on 9/11.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#141045 May 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Little slow on comprehension? Read it again Slow Clyde. "but let's talk today, since 9-11 there have been over 19000 deadly islamic terrorist attacks." How many Christian attacks since 9/11 mr bigot?
At least 132,000 civilians have died from 10 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new study by Brown university. And that’s a conservative estimate.

No one can say with certainty how many civilians have died in these wars. But researchers at Brown’s Watson Institute for International Studies found that between 12,000 and 14,000 of them perished in Afghanistan — the most recent of which came from Tuesday’s audacious insurgent attack on Kabul’s most famous hotel. Another 120,000 died in Iraq. An estimated 35,000 more lost their lives in Pakistan, where the United States is fighting a shadow war against terror groups and militants.(Although the report says it can’t “disaggregate civilian from combatant death” there, which is kind of a big deal.)

But even by the Institute’s own admission, the death toll is far higher. The Institute only counts direct violence that killed civilians — bombings, gunshot wounds, missile strikes, whatever. It doesn’t include indirect deaths, as occur when war creates refugees that can’t find food, clean water or adequate medical care. Nor does it include the lost limbs and emotional suffering that are a part of every war. Nor does it attempt to count civilian deaths in clandestine conflicts like Yemen or Somalia.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/06/afgha...
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141046 May 13, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And all of this has absolutely nothing with the topic stupid! And this from a frigging chicken hawk who has never served a day in his life but thinks he knows what he's babbling about! Well you don't and as far as looking ridiculous try looking in a mirror as you make a fool out of yourself with every ignorant bigoted hateful post you barf out! Yeah right,pot meet kettle! All those deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan of our brave(gay and straight) soldiers was wasted for NO good reasons what so ever!Besides you were and are against the repeal of DADT anyway hypocrite! But like I said OFF topic a-hole,head back to Loserville where you belong!
Another un-fair and not balanced hypocrite. How can I be off topic when I am responding to Joe and why did you not say the same to Joe? You freaking hypocrite. As if we all need to stay on topic here like this topix will decide if u can marry your brother...lol....Why don't you tell the families of those brave soldiers that it was a waste, that it didn't matter killing all those evil bastards that want to slit throats of gays.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141047 May 13, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did read your post, and yes you did say islamic attacks. I didn't. My point was there may not of been islamic attackes but our attacks on their country is consider terrorist attacks to them.
Here let me post it again, read it, and let me know if you still come up with the same conclusion. I'll point out what you must have missed the first time.
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should ask the US air force how many air strikes it has carried out sense 911.
Below is the part I figure you either missed or didn't understand.
"If you are a muslim in a muslim country that has been bombed, I pretty sure you would consider them terrorist attacks."
Did you notice I said if you are a muslim?
My point being, what is a tactical strike for one, is a terrorist attack to the other.
Our leader is a christian, and at least 75% of our soldiers are christian, so yes most are christians soldiers.
If I sound ridiculous to you or any other poster, maybe you should try thinking, you may find yourself less likely to make ad hominem attacks to make up for your lack of the ability to see both side of the war.
but we are not a Christian nation, we don't fight as a Christian nation we are not fighting with a cross. we don't kill and shout Praise Jesus.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141048 May 13, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I post a few killings that has happened in the US?
All these countries are at war with themselves, muslims are trying to untify islamic people in to one force. So far we have helped those people, and I can tell you that they will not be grateful to us for it. Divided they are unable to resist to west. Those dictators were the only things keeping muslims from uniting, we are taking them out one by one. This will mean something to our soldiers, and not in a good way.
I doubt you can find too many killings here in the US that are the result of killing in the name of God. But plz try. Muslims have been killing each other since the beginning, Sunni vs shia. Who will win? Those dictators are the only ones that know how to control them, look at results, taking them out brings more chaos, are u crzy? Obama's huge mistake is taking out dictators. Now the Muslim brotherhood and other radical groups are taking control.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141049 May 13, 2012
pearlofagirl wrote:
oh no don't bring it to my state
the world is becoming more and more openly evil as they promote this spirit.
pray saints that God slays this vampire spirit that is trying to take over the world.
what about the children?
Thank you, have a happy Mother's day.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141050 May 13, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text> Why limit history to ten years?
Because religions evolve and we are not living in the past unless you are a throw back. Are you a throw back? Do you live in the past? Why don't you leave and give your land back to the natives if you live in the past? Prove you are not a hypocrite.
child

Big Bear Lake, CA

#141051 May 13, 2012
I know you are but what am I

“We're not all wierdos”

Since: May 12

London

#141052 May 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Let me continue your discussion of religion here Sly Clyde, thanks for asking. I don't think any religion should be used to Govern the people. In Iran they hang gays because of Sharia law. Now to your question Sly C: Don't judge the Muslims that you know by Islam and
don't judge Islam by the Muslims that you know. Islam is an ideology. No ideology is above critique, particularly one that explicitly seeks political and social dominance over every person on the planet. Let me be clear, I passionately believe that no Muslim should be harmed, harassed, stereotyped or treated any differently anywhere in the world solely on account of their status as a Muslim. Islam is not simply a belief about God. It is a word that means submission. Islam is a set of rules that define a social hierarchy in which Muslims submit to Allah, women submit to men and all non-Muslims submit to Islamic rule.
Since we don't live in a Muslim country - where censorship, intimidation and brute force are shamelessly employed to protect Islam from intellectual analysis - we are still free to openly exercise our right to debate the merits of the Islamic value system against Western Liberalism. By the same token, don't draw conclusions about the Muslims in your life based on the true nature of Islam. Like any other group, not all Muslims think alike. Even if there is no such thing as moderate Islam, it does not mean that there are no moderate Muslims. Every individual should be judged only on the basis of their own words and deeds.
let me tell u summat.der r ova 60 groups in islam and only about 7 practise islam correctly,so imagine how many ppl r practising islam contrary to their actual religion.so tyrants in islam who bomb up places,rape murder in da name of islam r actually gna get sin of wat dey do.so u have a point
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141053 May 13, 2012
<quoted text>In your own words, please tell me why the US was attacked on 9/11.
I'm waiting for "Bill of Wrongs" to give you the off topic foul. What a stupid question. lol...Let's see if Bill is a hypocrite.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141054 May 13, 2012
<quoted text>
At least 132,000 civilians have died from 10 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new study by Brown university. And that’s a conservative estimate.
No one can say with certainty how many civilians have died in these wars. But researchers at Brown’s Watson Institute for International Studies found that between 12,000 and 14,000 of them perished in Afghanistan — the most recent of which came from Tuesday’s audacious insurgent attack on Kabul’s most famous hotel. Another 120,000 died in Iraq. An estimated 35,000 more lost their lives in Pakistan, where the United States is fighting a shadow war against terror groups and militants.(Although the report says it can’t “disaggregate civilian from combatant death” there, which is kind of a big deal.)
But even by the Institute’s own admission, the death toll is far higher. The Institute only counts direct violence that killed civilians — bombings, gunshot wounds, missile strikes, whatever. It doesn’t include indirect deaths, as occur when war creates refugees that can’t find food, clean water or adequate medical care. Nor does it include the lost limbs and emotional suffering that are a part of every war. Nor does it attempt to count civilian deaths in clandestine conflicts like Yemen or Somalia.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/06/afgha...
Over 2 million innocent people died in Vietnam after we left. Was that our fault too? Maybe the blame should go to the Governments there that look the other way like Pakistan saying they had no idea bin laden was there in that compound. lol...yeah, that's the ticket. The blame is not USA all the time.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141055 May 13, 2012
pizzahater wrote:
<quoted text>let me tell u summat.der r ova 60 groups in islam and only about 7 practise islam correctly,so imagine how many ppl r practising islam contrary to their actual religion.so tyrants in islam who bomb up places,rape murder in da name of islam r actually gna get sin of wat dey do.so u have a point
who is practicing Islam correctly? Who decides

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#141056 May 13, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
And you had the nerve to accuse me of using emotional arguments?
That same sex marriage makes either a man or woman is disposable and the differences between man and woman aren't emotional arguments, they are based on the definition of same sex marriage and human nature.

Please try to keep up.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#141057 May 13, 2012
lol..

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#141058 May 13, 2012
<quoted text>Yes and when Lincoln went to bat for the slaves it caused a civil war, in the end slavery was abolished. Golly it seems right does win out.
and when the b

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#141059 May 13, 2012
<quoted text>Yes and when Lincoln went to bat for the slaves it caused a civil war, in the end slavery was abolished. Golly it seems right does win out.
majority of Americans votes you back to the closet you will wish you had any civil rights

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yorba Linda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadbelly's Barbecue has a meaty menu (Feb '14) Sat meatheater 4
Two armed men wearing ghost masks rob Placentia... Thu DavidC 1
2 Men Sought In Armed Robbery Of Corona Liquor ... Dec 18 smellyballs 3
Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) Dec 17 VARRIO CROW VILLAGE 143
Mobile Home Living (Feb '07) Dec 16 Cathy Smith 87
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2
17-year-old victim of suspected gang shooting m... (Jun '08) Dec 15 AHM VARRIO CAMBRI... 78

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at December 21 at 1:49AM PST

Yorba Linda News Video

Yorba Linda Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Yorba Linda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Yorba Linda News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yorba Linda

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 am PST