The SPVEC What have they done

Posted in the Yaphank Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of261
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clean it up

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 2, 2011
 
There seems to be a lot of criticism about the community not understanding what they have done for Shirley. I ask anyone that knows post their accomplishments here.
Clean it up

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 2, 2011
 
I must be having tech issues. Cannot see any of the responses.
I Want A Village

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 2, 2011
 
Clean it up wrote:
There seems to be a lot of criticism about the community not understanding what they have done for Shirley. I ask anyone that knows post their accomplishments here.
what have you done loser? except start trouble.. go back under your rock. I bet your friends with crazy honest frank
Clean it up

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 3, 2011
 
I Want A Village wrote:
<quoted text>
what have you done loser? except start trouble.. go back under your rock. I bet your friends with crazy honest frank
Wow, what a great answer. Thank you for proving my point. Come back and ask me that question again when I have my own civic group and claim to help the community.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

According to Mastic Beach Village website, they announced they issued 10-day notices to fix the property or it will be DEMOLISHED. The first house listed is on Lafayette in Shirley (which is included in the village boundaries of MBV). So, I guess Mastic Beach Village did something to clean up Shirley.

Maybe the people of Shirley will say to themselves....we should have a village here too!
get a clue

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 3, 2011
 
Brady wrote:
According to Mastic Beach Village website, they announced they issued 10-day notices to fix the property or it will be DEMOLISHED. The first house listed is on Lafayette in Shirley (which is included in the village boundaries of MBV). So, I guess Mastic Beach Village did something to clean up Shirley.
Maybe the people of Shirley will say to themselves....we should have a village here too!
if they are dumb enough they will. a village is grounds for your "leaders" to get jobs for their family and to be corrupt on a local level. Just look at how corrupt MBV is now already!
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 3, 2011
 
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>if they are dumb enough they will. a village is grounds for your "leaders" to get jobs for their family and to be corrupt on a local level. Just look at how corrupt MBV is now already!
WHAT CORRUPTION ARE YOU REFERRING TO?
Clean it up

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2011
 
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT CORRUPTION ARE YOU REFERRING TO?
You seem to be a big supporter of the SPVEC. Can't you think of a couple of things they have done for the community already? This should be a wake up call for them.
I Want A Village

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 4, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Clean it up wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a big supporter of the SPVEC. Can't you think of a couple of things they have done for the community already? This should be a wake up call for them.
I know of a bunch of things. Starting with numerous cleanups of blocks,argueing up at Town hall for this community, collecting toys and clothes for Colonial Youth, just to name a few....I believe they have pics of some things on their site, I may be wrong.
So what have you done besides start trouble on this website?
I was there

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 28, 2011
 
I Want A Village wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of a bunch of things. Starting with numerous cleanups of blocks,argueing up at Town hall for this community, collecting toys and clothes for Colonial Youth, just to name a few....I believe they have pics of some things on their site, I may be wrong.
So what have you done besides start trouble on this website?
Anyone know what is ging on with the SPVEC? Heard they have some major issues. Hope it is not true, we need a village and they are the only one who has gotten it this far. Would be a shame if it falls apart now.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 28, 2011
 
Maybe they are taking a break for a while. I noticed there is no meeting listed on their web site or on the sign they have on Wm. Floyd and Montauk. Perhaps since no one came to their last meeting, they have decided to give up the fight because it must seem that no one is interested in helping them.
Hoping for a Village

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 28, 2011
 
MB Lover wrote:
Maybe they are taking a break for a while. I noticed there is no meeting listed on their web site or on the sign they have on Wm. Floyd and Montauk. Perhaps since no one came to their last meeting, they have decided to give up the fight because it must seem that no one is interested in helping them.
Oh No, I was under the impression that the SPVEC was almost finished with the process. This is very disappointing if they are folding and not going foward. What would happen to the money they have collected in donations if the do fold?
Want a Village

Bohemia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 28, 2011
 
From the SPVEC Facebook page:
I will make it official......If you want to see a village happen here in Shirley, right now we need donations of approx.$2500 to get this to the petition stage....If you would like to donate, make a check out to either Lee Snead, as attorney or SPVEC and send to PO Box 298 , Shirley NY 11967......Until then this is on hold....We cannot pay for the rest of the survey.. Any questions feel free to call 772-****
-Posted December 5th after the last meeting. Send in donations if you want it to continue.

“Why Is the Right Deranged?”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 28, 2011
 
Hoping for a Village wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh No, I was under the impression that the SPVEC was almost finished with the process. This is very disappointing if they are folding and not going foward. What would happen to the money they have collected in donations if the do fold?
The hard work is completed. If we all donate $10.00 to Lee Snead, just over 200 of us, this goes through. I'll donate some cash for this.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 28, 2011
 
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
The hard work is completed. If we all donate $10.00 to Lee Snead, just over 200 of us, this goes through. I'll donate some cash for this.
I thought that $6,000 also has to be paid to the Town of Brookhaven so $2,000 won't be nearly enough to get this to vote.
I Want A Village

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 28, 2011
 
MB Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that $6,000 also has to be paid to the Town of Brookhaven so $2,000 won't be nearly enough to get this to vote.
.

Yes you are right but you have to get to that petition stage first. I am sure that when people sign that they want a village getting $5,$10 ,$20 or more should,t be a problem when they need what I hear over 2000 signatures, do that math....It will be a major disapointment if it does not go forward being this close.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 29, 2011
 
Anyone go to the MB Village court this week....there were over 100 traffic tickets handled. Who knew Villages get to keep some of the fine money?

SPVEC can't do this all by itself. People who want to see their neighborhood become a village will need to donate.... Otherwise, expect to see all the slumlords who are selling their MB houses move their business to Shirley or the Shamlet of Smith Point.
Hoping for a Village

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 29, 2011
 
My concern is that if they have not been able to raise the money needed up to this point and are now begging for people to donate, what makes them think that they will be able to raise the rest of the money which should total over $8,000?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 29, 2011
 
Hoping for a Village wrote:
My concern is that if they have not been able to raise the money needed up to this point and are now begging for people to donate, what makes them think that they will be able to raise the rest of the money which should total over $8,000?
It takes baby steps. The next hurdle is to pay for the metes and bounds. Then, the petition can get started where they need 2,000 aprox signatures. During the petition signing, the donations should really start flowing to pay the Town of Brookhaven the $6,000 referendum fee.

By the way, many new supporters came out in droves in MB once the petition was started. Some even ran for office....
I Want A Village

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Hoping for a Village wrote:
My concern is that if they have not been able to raise the money needed up to this point and are now begging for people to donate, what makes them think that they will be able to raise the rest of the money which should total over $8,000?
You have concerns? I bet you haven't donated anything to their effort. So, why would you be concerned? Are you one of those many that expect other people to do for you instead of helping out?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of261
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 16 at 7:26PM EDT

•••
•••

Yaphank News Video

•••
•••

Yaphank Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Yaphank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••