What is Needed to Have a GOOD School Year
Posted in the Wynne Forum
#1 Aug 2, 2012
From a Zig to you Earthlings,'list' things that would help you and your child/ren to have a good school year. Maybe some teachers will read it and they, too, will list things that would help for having an awesome school year with lots of learning. Keep in mind that, as was said last night on Channel 5 news, "Education as we know it is over." Even if you do not have children in school, you can have input as to what you think would expedite learning.
1. Send your children to school receptive.
2. Do not badmouth educators in front of your children.
3. Have a very serious talk with your children about 'bullying'.
4. Be certain that you and your children know the schhol and classroom RULES/PROCEDURES and that they follow them AT ALL TIMES.
5. If you have a concern about a classroom matter, contact the teacher/s. DO NOT believe everything your child tells you. Problems can be avoided if BOTH sides are heard.
6. School is not about 'LIKING'; it's about learning.'LIKE' on Facebook.
7. Do NOT expect ALL teachers to be easy.
8. Purchase ALL of your children's school supplies whether they are on a classroom list or not. Some things other than what's on the list may be needed throughout the year. It's about YOUR child learning.
9. Do know that you will likely have to REPLENISH supply items throughout the school year. If you can buy and send snacks with them all year, you can keep YOUR children supplied with school supplies/necessities.
10. When projects are to be done DO purchase ALL that your child needs to complete the project. Projects are usually for a grade. Don't be stingy about projects; your child will likely receive a grade.
11. Do not expect other parents to subsidize your children with school supplies. SOME parents will purchase EVERYTHING their children need throughout the school year with no problem, as they know their children are there for an education that will hopefully better their future. You can't do a job very well if you don't have the tools/supplies necessary to perform the job. And so goes for schools that do not purchase supplies/tools/items that teachers need to teach. Science, especially, due to hands-on experiments, requires lots of items. SCHOOLS NEED TO PURCHASE 'ALL' OF THE SUPPLIES TEACHERS NEED TO MAKE LEARNING OCCUR JUST AS PARENTS NEED TO PURCHASE ALL SUPPLIES ON THEIR END FOR THEIR CHILDREN. IT'S A 'RIGHT' AND NOT JUST A PRIVILEGE THAT 'ALL' AMERICAN CHILDREN RECEIVE A FREE AND APPROPRIATE EDUCATION' THEREFORE, TEACHERS NEED NECESSARY SUPPLIES TO DEVELOPE AND EXTEND YOUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION/LEARNING, WOULDN'T YOU THINK? DON'T YOU PAY A PORTION OF YOUR TAXES FOR THAT REASON?
12. Have your child at school EVERY single DAY unless they are truly too sick to be there.
13. Make appointments for your children for after school hours or during lunch and recess.
14. DO NOT pick up your child/ren early; many teachers teach until the last moment. Your child can miss lots of information, information that can be on a quiz/test just by leaving ten minutes early.
15. Visit your child's classroom periodically to see what's being taught and how it's taught so you'll know how to help your child at home.
16. If you need to contact the teacher, do it during his/her conference time. Make an appointment. Keep in mind that everytime the teacher has to leave the room for a phone call, that's lost planning time. A few short and concise emails are probably a better contact method. Teachers are usually always busy teaching or preparing lessons.
17. Be mindful that your child IS NOT the only child in the classroom, and though you may be concerned about your child only, the teacher is concerned about ALL of the children.
18. Do know that you nor your child can be lazy when it comes to learning. YOU must push YOUR child to do his or her work and to do it the best they can. No quick sloppy work just to hand something in.
19. DO NOT do your child's assignments/projects. They aren't learning if you do that, folks.
Add your comments below
|4 Word Game (Jun '11)||44 min||Vector aka Victor...||9,889|
|keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12)||47 min||Vector aka Victor...||9,962|
|Did you vote today? (Jun '10)||48 min||WARRIOR||29,815|
|AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11)||50 min||WARRIOR||9,998|
|can I get a hookup||1 hr||The Real Bre an Jw||11|
|Ben Glenn||2 hr||Yea||3|
|wynne wal-mart||3 hr||Guest||1|
|women losing weight||8 hr||Breanna nicole hu...||26|
|Ladd refused to take a drug test & resigned||10 hr||Kathleen||13|
|Friday night||12 hr||Jacket Crazy||41|
|silas gibson||19 hr||By stander||23|
Find what you want!
Search Wynne Forum Now