Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision Wednesday

Aug 3, 2010 Full story: blogs.sacbee.com 1,974

U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn Walker will issue a decision Wednesday on the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage, according to a court announcement today.

Full Story
First Prev
of 99
Next Last
Alicia

Sacramento, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Everyone should be able to be married.
Coronista

Canoga Park, CA

#2 Aug 3, 2010
They are.
Carlton Banks

Guasti, CA

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Such bs...one of the greatest things about this country is we can vote on an issue. Now we have all these laws and propositions that are voted on, win, then get overturned in court. There are a lot of laws that not everyone agrees with, but the people have voted, and that should be the end of the story.

Since: Mar 10

Chico, CA

#5 Aug 3, 2010
one judge can out rule the people!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 3, 2010
MDC Red Bluff wrote:
one judge can out rule the people!!
Make that one known GAY judge. Wanna place bets on his decision ........
Get Serious

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Carlton Banks wrote:
Such bs...one of the greatest things about this country is we can vote on an issue. Now we have all these laws and propositions that are voted on, win, then get overturned in court. There are a lot of laws that not everyone agrees with, but the people have voted, and that should be the end of the story.
Actually, the greatest thing about this country is the fact that over many years, we have put systems in place that protect the rights of ALL citizens, and grant opportunity to ALL citizens...
even if the majority don't always agree.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DojoRat

AOL

#8 Aug 3, 2010
Carlton Banks wrote:
Democracy is a beautiful thing. But it's not "majority rule" It's "majority rule with the protection of minority rights." When a law is passed either by legislative means or voting, but it denies someone of their right, I agree with you, that is one of the greatest things about thsi country that it can be repealed.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#9 Aug 3, 2010
We do have the right to have laws enacted, but not just any law we want. The law has to fall within the boundaries of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. We also aren't allowed to enact laws that violate or restrict the rights of others, with no compelling reason.
Marry Me

Covina, CA

#10 Aug 3, 2010
Illegal aliens have more rights in this country. Tax paying gay adults shoud have the right to legally marry
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 3, 2010
Sweet ,more work and cash for attorneys yeah.
The Law

Moreno Valley, CA

#13 Aug 3, 2010
How will this work for bigamy?

Maybe even other forms of sexuality. All that is needed is a medical and scientific study that will show that it is not a form of deviant behavior, but more to do with the person being born that way.

Even some anti social behavior is a genetic birth factor, where will it end?
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Aug 3, 2010
Marry Me wrote:
Illegal aliens have more rights in this country. Tax paying gay adults shoud have the right to legally marry
here we go some clam smacker pole vaulting on illegal aliens backs!
We Have Spoken

Encinitas, CA

#15 Aug 3, 2010
Get Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the greatest thing about this country is the fact that over many years, we have put systems in place that protect the rights of ALL citizens, and grant opportunity to ALL citizens...
even if the majority don't always agree.
ACTUALLY.....YOUR WRONG. There is a reason why we vote. It is a majority thing, or what would be the pupose in voting? That's why we have people walking around saying there is no point to vote. The people have spoken and voted! Maybe you should look up the definition of VOTE before you say something.
Chris

Mission Viejo, CA

#16 Aug 3, 2010
We Have Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
ACTUALLY.....YOUR WRONG. There is a reason why we vote. It is a majority thing, or what would be the pupose in voting? That's why we have people walking around saying there is no point to vote. The people have spoken and voted! Maybe you should look up the definition of VOTE before you say something.
Well your 'vote' infringed on my right to marry the guy I love. The constitution has never been used to TAKE AWAY RIGHTS, only to expand rights for minorities that have been wrongly treated as second class citizens. I'm guessing your religious, bc all of you guys seem to be. I'm not asking to get married in a church by a child molesting priest or anything, that is the farthest thing on my mind. I just want to exchange vows and have my love for my partner recognized by the state and federal governments. Did you know that there are over 1,100 rights that I am not allowed bc marriage is only for heterosexuals. How would you feel if that happened for you? Probably pretty pissed I'd guess. So before you 'pass judgment', try to put yourself in the shoes of a minority who doesn't have all the rights, privileges and protections afforded to the majority by the US Constitution.
I'm hoping that this judge and all the judges will remember the words of the the Declartion of Independence
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Because being married to my partner for the rest of my life will be my pursuit of happiness.
Equality is key

Marina Del Rey, CA

#17 Aug 3, 2010
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your 'vote' infringed on my right to marry the guy I love. The constitution has never been used to TAKE AWAY RIGHTS, only to expand rights for minorities that have been wrongly treated as second class citizens. I'm guessing your religious, bc all of you guys seem to be. I'm not asking to get married in a church by a child molesting priest or anything, that is the farthest thing on my mind. I just want to exchange vows and have my love for my partner recognized by the state and federal governments. Did you know that there are over 1,100 rights that I am not allowed bc marriage is only for heterosexuals. How would you feel if that happened for you? Probably pretty pissed I'd guess. So before you 'pass judgment', try to put yourself in the shoes of a minority who doesn't have all the rights, privileges and protections afforded to the majority by the US Constitution.
I'm hoping that this judge and all the judges will remember the words of the the Declartion of Independence
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Because being married to my partner for the rest of my life will be my pursuit of happiness.
BRAVO! Very well put! Now, if there were less stupid people in the world and more smart guys like you we would have a better country. EVERYONE should be able to find happiness legally. No god, priest or religious group can deny that.

Since: Mar 10

Chico, CA

#18 Aug 4, 2010
What next? Right to marry my dog!!

“Proud to be Mahu”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

#19 Aug 4, 2010
MDC Red Bluff wrote:
What next? Right to marry my dog!!
Evem though your dog may be your intellectual equal, until you can find a way for it to sign a legal document of consent like a human being, I'm afraid it may just have to stay your "friend."
Seriously, is this the best argument you have against Marriage Equality?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Single

San Jose, CA

#20 Aug 4, 2010
Government shouldn't recognize any marriage gay or straight.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

#21 Aug 4, 2010
Jingshen wrote:
<quoted text>Make that one known GAY judge. Wanna place bets on his decision ........
Yes, because OBVIOUSLY that is going to influence his decision. Because if he was straight... well... then he would obviously vote AGAINST Marriage Equality in your line of logic? And a black judge is always going to rule in favour of the claim of a black person? And a Christian judge is always going to rule for a Christian litigant... and a male judge will always rule in favour of... yep. Really smart.
Judges rule on the Constitutionality of a law. That is the role of the courts. And, if you had followed the case presented in court, those who opposed Marriage Equality and supported Prop H8 hadn't a leg to stand on and kept getting shot full of Constitutional holes. THAT is what is going to be the deciding factor, not what sexuality the judge is.
Seth Adams

United States

#26 Aug 4, 2010
It is about time that the filthy citizen scum were taught a lesson that cowering in the corners as radical anarchists become judges comes at a very high cost to American citizen families. The will of the people be damned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Mon harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
10000 acres real estate land for sale (May '09) Nov 21 Wally West 2
Balance Nov 19 gest 8
Yo Gabba Gabba is back on the road and coming t... Nov 16 Shine 1
kings richards fair Aug '14 claudia martin 1
5-Year-Old Dies In Freak Horse Riding Accident (Oct '08) Jul '14 Anonymous 93
Woodside Dating
Find my Match

Woodside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Woodside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Woodside

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Seahawks vs. 49ers: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Predictions Week 13: Early Odds, Picks and Projections for Upcoming Schedule
Bleacher Report11:53 AM
How 49ers Offense Can Overcome Stacked Defensive Boxes
NFL11:58 AM
Chiefs could regret loss to previously winless Raiders
Bleacher Report12:44 PM
Bleacher Report's Week 12 NFL Awards