Adam

Tiverton, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2006

ok to google.com and put in the search bar "The Ladd School" it all about it on the first search engine link and a real video tour of the buildings and also a story about it and lots of pics!
melucci

Narragansett, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2006

Judged:

its not haunted its just really creppy and fucked up
Heather

North Kingstown, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2006

it is creapy as hell, but i do think its haunted. ive been there a few times and everytime my friends and i hear somethin, but this last time we actually saw something. normally we'd go durin the day but we went the other nite and its pitch black, but u see things that move and glow and u hear stuff it was wicked fucked up.
Dee

Portsmouth, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2006

I live down the street from the ladd school and drive through once and a while. I have never been in any of the buildings because everyone keeps telling me that the cops patrol alot now. I emailed the curator on the website theladdschool.com and told him I wanted to go and take pics for a paper I was thinking of writing for school. He said that the cops may arrest me and would probobly take my camera as well. What is the big deal? There are going to knock all of these buildings down anyway!
Kim

Middletown, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2006

do u know the address?
kristen Narragansett RI

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2006

I just took my daughter down there to night it is a
little over grown the address is southcounty trail go down were they put in the new job corps.
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2006

I think the history based on the ladd school is sooooo cool!I am sooooooooo interested!By the way, do u sooooooo know the address?I want to soooooo find out if it's sooooooo really haunted!
tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2006

i don't believe that place is really haunted.i think everybody's just letting their fear get the best of them.i mean come on,walking into an old creepy school,of course anybody would think it's haunted!
donny

Exeter, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2006

i tried going their but i got lost
shannon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2006

we have pics and plenty of info to go with it! We also will have new ones by the end of the month. We try and update the pics every 6 months or so before the place is gone for good.As for haunted I think that's a bunch of bull. It was a home for the feeble minded not a home for terrorists.
sgtpepper

St Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2006

i too live nearby. anyone considering going to ladd school at this point I would have to strongly advise against. the grounds are monitored, more so ever since the opening of a detox facility and other state buildings on the nearby grounds.

if, however, you are willing to get arrested or at least detained, i will say that the best way to approach is by foot via the dirt road to the north of the compound. there's no really good place to park without being seen, best be is to get dropped off some way up the back road and walking in stealth mode...not that i've ever actually done this..
Megan Coventry ri

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2006

shannon wrote:
we have pics and plenty of info to go with it! We also will have new ones by the end of the month. We try and update the pics every 6 months or so before the place is gone for good.As for haunted I think that's a bunch of bull. It was a home for the feeble minded not a home for terrorists.
keep in mind that feeble minded is the term that was used for the school in the early 1900's and probably should not be used today to describe mentally handicapped people. in fact quite a few of the people who stayed there were of normal intelligence and were simply considered delinquent
Derek Harrison

North Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

amanda wrote:
do you have the address
take route 95 all the way till you see the exeter exit. hint- on the righthand side of the highway you will see a sign that says ri veterans cemetary. it is kind of small so keep ya eyes pealed. once u see the exeter sign take 5b. you will bear off and go all the way till you see your first light. take that left and look for a sign that says phoenix house. thats the ladd center. hint- the turn to the road is directly across the street from a pizza place, u cant miss it. take the turn, it will be a right turn, then go all the way till you see job core on ya left. you can go straight or bear right, bear right and go all the way. u will see your first building on ya left. search the whole area and you will find the other buildings. good luck. peace
Andrew

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

My friends went in there the other night. Man is it creepy! They said that they heard noises. One of my firends showed me a video from his cellphone, there was a really weird flash on the screen.
Mike C

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

i know where it is. lol i found on google earth. and im going there soon taken some pics too wanna go? lol
Mike C

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

melucci wrote:
its not haunted its just really creppy and fucked up
wut r u crazy of course its haunted there were insane ppl there and died and never left. ill prove it ill take a video when i go and ill prove u wrong lol
Mike C

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

ok who wants to go? ill bring u lol maayyyybe
i MIGHT bring u back lol ok im kidding
Chrissy

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2006

I want to come. Me and my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wood River Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man/child wimps recklessly speeding on west st... (Dec '11) Aug 17 E-mod 75
Red light cameras will soon be ticketing driver... Aug 16 Concerned neighbor 1
Fire Tax (Jul '11) Aug 6 Uncle Buck 5
Hopkinton plowing....problem .5 inches of snow (Jan '14) Aug 6 Uncle Buck 2
Hopkinton Taxes Apr '14 disgruntled in Ri... 2
san go (Dec '13) Dec '13 san go 1
Where are the RI posters? (Nov '06) Nov '13 Uncle Buck 2

Search the Wood River Junction Forum:
•••
•••