felinegrace

Roseboro, NC

#10457 May 12, 2012
BTW "The Truth" Here is a little bit of truth for you to digest. Also, most sodomy laws included oral sex.

Sodomy laws in the United States, which outlawed a variety of sexual acts, were historically universal. While they often targeted sexual acts between persons of the same sex[citation needed], many statutes employed definitions broad enough to outlaw certain sexual acts between persons of different sexes as well, sometimes even acts between married persons.

Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexual mores led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003 the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining fourteen states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10458 May 12, 2012
waco1954 wrote:
Stowe it is spelled "privilege".You mangled it also A.Z. WHERE DID YOU LOSERS GO TO SCHOOL?:) I went to the University of GED.
I told you. I graduated from Jim Crow Senior High. I looked it up in the George Washington Carver Share Cropping Dictionary, and in ebonics , it is spelled the way I spelled it. You have to understand that until the 1964 Civil Rights Act, we had never had any of it, therefore we used it very infrequently, thus the misspelling of the word. LOL
TSF

Kenly, NC

#10459 May 12, 2012
The same old risky behavior that got us into the last bailout which cost US taxpayers more money than over three consecutive years of all social programs combined. No, he didn't have to answer to me and the SOB is lucky in that respect. But I and all other taxpayers sure as hell were forced to go farther in debt to finance his bailouts. Republican cockroaches want to squeeze the middle class so they can give bailouts to the bankers , more tax breaks to the rich and no regulation of their scams..
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>The name is Dimon and he will have to answer to the stockholders, not to you or the moronic bureaucrats masquerading as intelligent regulators.
waco1954

United States

#10460 May 12, 2012
Stowe...AZ...just messing with you guys. :)
mizmishofvabch

Virginia Beach, VA

#10461 May 12, 2012
Aybody still alive from the fabulous 50's and the gang from around the frozen delight?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#10462 May 12, 2012
TSF wrote:
The same old risky behavior that got us into the last bailout which cost US taxpayers more money than over three consecutive years of all social programs combined. No, he didn't have to answer to me and the SOB is lucky in that respect. But I and all other taxpayers sure as hell were forced to go farther in debt to finance his bailouts. Republican cockroaches want to squeeze the middle class so they can give bailouts to the bankers , more tax breaks to the rich and no regulation of their scams..
<quoted text>
You simpleton! Morgan Chase repaid every cent of their TARP money plus interest as did most every other financial institution. The only TARP recipient that still owes money is GM which was the payoff to Obama's union thug supporters.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10463 May 12, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Robert and all consevatives, Please explain the meaning of these words from your perspective of voting 'yes' and supporting Amendment One.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL men are created equal, and that they are endowed by creator with certain inalienable rights; That among these are LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS"
Please explain to me how a 'Yes' vote on Amendment One accomplished this noble purpose.
Robert, You have a genuine talent for avoiding direct questions asked to you.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#10465 May 13, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, You have a genuine talent for avoiding direct questions asked to you.
A society has the right to set standards for itself. Most of those who voted for Amendment 1 believe that gay marriage damages the traditonal family structure and in turn threatens the whole of society. Does that answer your question, Arnold?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#10466 May 13, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pressure from constituents is how the system is supposed to work.
Obama ended don't ask don't tell, made sexual orientation included in hate crimes criteria,andAmong the changes: Gay partners of federal workers will now receive long-term health insurance, access to day care and other benefits. Federal Housing Authority loans can no longer consider the sexual orientation of applicants. The Census Bureau plans to report the number of people who report being in a same-sex relationship. Hospitals must allow gays to visit their ill partners. And federal child-care subsidies can be used by the children of same-sex domestic partners.

What did the Bush's do for gay rights? Nothing. What did Reagan do for gay rights? Nothing. What did Nixon do for gay rights? Nothing.

Republicans do not work for all the people.
Support is a lot different than pressure (demand/force) in my world.

With the exception of " Hospitals must allow gays to visit their ill partners" everything else you listed is government funded.

I would have expected nothing less from government programs.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#10468 May 13, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, because you are anti anything that Obama may do. It does not even have to be something you are against, you guys just knee jerk to any idea a liberal may have.
Thanks for confessing that to us.
I am not anti Obama. I just refuse to put him on some false pedestal you and Arnold seem to think he belongs on. He is worse than Bush an we both know Bush wasn't good either.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10469 May 13, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Robert and all consevatives, Please explain the meaning of these words from your perspective of voting 'yes' and supporting Amendment One.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL men are created equal, and that they are endowed by creator with certain inalienable rights; That among these are LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS"
Please explain to me how a 'Yes' vote on Amendment One accomplished this noble purpose.
Arnold, before you start vilifying "conservatives" for voting "yes", you need to speak to the people of your party. Where were they on the day this issue was voted on? Maybe this issue didn't matter as much to them as you expected. Repubs are outnumbered by Dems in N.C. and a "no" vote shouldn't have been a problem.

These are statistics I found for Tuesday's vote:

"Some basic math.

Democrats registered in NC: 2,735,467
Republicans registered in NC: 1,975,943
Votes cast for Amendment 1: 1,303,876
Votes cast against Amendment 1: 832,219

All that's needed for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing. Look at the numbers, people, and call upon your basic math skills, not your partisan hatred. Even if EVERYONE who voted for Amendment 1 was a republican, your fellow democrats were complicit in its passage because they didn't vote against it. Maybe before you say, "God, I HATE republicans," you should ask your democrat friends where they were on election day.

That scenario's unlikely. It's a lot more likely that a *lot* of your democrat friends voted FOR Amendment 1. Math is not subject to party affiliation. I am also unaffiliated. Think. That IS legal, at least for the time being.

Numbers come from NC Board of Elections. Sorry for the inconvenient truth."

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#10470 May 13, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, old people tend to not be progressive. Just as old people are still more likely to be racist.Just as old people tend to be republican.
Just watched a clip of Reagan giving his view on homosexuals. He was asked about homosexuals teaching in schools. He said if they keep it private he is OK with it. But if they ever tell a child they are gay, it sends the wrong message that the lifestyle is ok.

If Mitt Romney said this today, he would lose the race.
Mute point

Many people viewed gays differently in the 80's! A lot has changed in 20 years, many of the things said by leaders and politicians are frowned upon or unacceptable today.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#10471 May 13, 2012
I don't know if you are dishonest or just stupid. Derivatives are packages of shakey to worthless loans sold as commodities and designed to lose money so insurance (hedge) against losses can be collected. So all the banks accept bailouts so that the ones which were dragging down the others like Morgan could pay their debt with OUR TAX MONEY. So then Morgan pays us back with our own money? Wake up ! Its a scam. We are being shock tested to see if we are stupid enough to fall for the trick again.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>You simpleton! Morgan Chase repaid every cent of their TARP money plus interest as did most every other financial institution. The only TARP recipient that still owes money is GM which was the payoff to Obama's union thug supporters.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#10472 May 13, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you are dishonest or just stupid. Derivatives are packages of shakey to worthless loans sold as commodities and designed to lose money so insurance (hedge) against losses can be collected. So all the banks accept bailouts so that the ones which were dragging down the others like Morgan could pay their debt with OUR TAX MONEY. So then Morgan pays us back with our own money? Wake up ! Its a scam. We are being shock tested to see if we are stupid enough to fall for the trick again.
You say "accepted" money. I remember certain banks causing a stink because they wanted no part of the bail out but was forced to accept it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10473 May 13, 2012
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>A society has the right to set standards for itself. Most of those who voted for Amendment 1 believe that gay marriage damages the traditonal family structure and in turn threatens the whole of society. Does that answer your question, Arnold?
I contest and question any rights of people being placed on a ballot when hatred and prejudice are abound for many groups people, mainly the prejudice against homosexuals. Do you think that the 'yes' vote on the Amendment violated Jefferson's statement of the God given right of 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'? Jefferson would puke over these actions. Was this basic right of gays to marry violated by this vote? And you support 'liberty and justice for ALL' and then proceed to deny gays this right? What a blatent hypocrite. You conveniently avoided the question about a human rights vote in 1960 for minorities. You run and hide from direct questions asked of you. Maybe with your social status, I am sure that many have been afraid to challenge you. I am not one of those.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10474 May 13, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, before you start vilifying "conservatives" for voting "yes", you need to speak to the people of your party. Where were they on the day this issue was voted on? Maybe this issue didn't matter as much to them as you expected. Repubs are outnumbered by Dems in N.C. and a "no" vote shouldn't have been a problem.
These are statistics I found for Tuesday's vote:
"Some basic math.
Democrats registered in NC: 2,735,467
Republicans registered in NC: 1,975,943
Votes cast for Amendment 1: 1,303,876
Votes cast against Amendment 1: 832,219
All that's needed for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing. Look at the numbers, people, and call upon your basic math skills, not your partisan hatred. Even if EVERYONE who voted for Amendment 1 was a republican, your fellow democrats were complicit in its passage because they didn't vote against it. Maybe before you say, "God, I HATE republicans," you should ask your democrat friends where they were on election day.
That scenario's unlikely. It's a lot more likely that a *lot* of your democrat friends voted FOR Amendment 1. Math is not subject to party affiliation. I am also unaffiliated. Think. That IS legal, at least for the time being.
Numbers come from NC Board of Elections. Sorry for the inconvenient truth."
Many Democrats are unfortunately in the category where they believe the Bible governs the US instead of the Constitution. As an American, do you really believe that human rights of individuals is an issue that should be voted on by the people? What do you think would have happened had a vote for equal rights for minorities been placed on a ballot in 1960? Honestly, what would have been the result? Would this have been fair? Is denying homosexuals the God given right to 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' as stated by Jefferson what you and other 'yes' voters want to do? A 'true' patriot of this nation wants equality for EVERY citizen, not just the ones that have your preference. I am in the former group, you are a supporter of the latter. I believe in fairness and equality for ALL. You only give it lip service.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10475 May 13, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "accepted" money. I remember certain banks causing a stink because they wanted no part of the bail out but was forced to accept it.
Give us a list of those banks. Thanks.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#10476 May 13, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I contest and question any rights of people being placed on a ballot when hatred and prejudice are abound for many groups people, mainly the prejudice against homosexuals. Do you think that the 'yes' vote on the Amendment violated Jefferson's statement of the God given right of 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'? Jefferson would puke over these actions. Was this basic right of gays to marry violated by this vote? And you support 'liberty and justice for ALL' and then proceed to deny gays this right? What a blatent hypocrite. You conveniently avoided the question about a human rights vote in 1960 for minorities. You run and hide from direct questions asked of you. Maybe with your social status, I am sure that many have been afraid to challenge you. I am not one of those.
Really? Then let's have a face to face public debate. I use my real name but you hide behind that stupid user name. You name the date, time and place and I'll be there. You can bring all your other lefty friends on this thread too.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10477 May 13, 2012
Great. Email me on the private line of this forum. I would love to do that. I will not need to bring others. I am capable of holding my ground on the issue without the help of others. With your influence, can you arrange a place and time? You have made my day. I see that you still cannot adequately answer my question on this forum, but you still want public embarrassment? Interesting. By the way, would you also call Makin Bacon, Pro American , Truth, and The Enemy within gutless creatures for using their self created monikers? Write me, Robert.
waco1954

Sachse, TX

#10478 May 13, 2012
I dont think he's backing down Stowe.Did you think he would?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winston-Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camel maker Reynolds snuffs out workplace smoking 2 hr Call it as I see it 10
how is your senate race Tue 100 Missions 2
Bank Branch Champion Oct 27 Intheknow 5
New atheist-led Charlotte group wants community... Oct 26 B Ray 2
Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) Oct 24 I lived to tell t... 6,305
Teat Oct 20 Tfc 1
Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola Oct 17 Cordwainer Trout 5
Winston-Salem Dating
Find my Match

Winston-Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winston-Salem News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winston-Salem

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]