Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Winston-Salem Forum

Comments (Page 501)

Showing posts 10,001 - 10,020 of49,624
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Single, black female writing!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Richard Burr
waco1954

Cumby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Stowe it is spelled "privilege".You mangled it also A.Z. WHERE DID YOU LOSERS GO TO SCHOOL?:) I went to the University of GED.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

waco1954 wrote:
Stowe it is spelled "privilege".You mangled it also A.Z. WHERE DID YOU LOSERS GO TO SCHOOL?:) I went to the University of GED.
Sorry, typo.
felinegrace

Roseboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright cat-woman,
Let me ask you this. Are you telling us an act between a person 60 years old and another one 17 years, 364 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes is a crime and one minute later it is not?
Since you are falling back on the legal debate, in many states some homosexuals acts are ILLEGAL. Are you asking us to observe some laws and not others? Who gets to make this choice? You? The gays? The Federal Government?
Yes, it is a crime. If they were so stupid as to not be able to wait that 1 minute they deserve it. Besides, if this purported couple were about to have sex 1 minute before an 18th birthday, then they were doing it before when the youngster was even younger. You are making a POOR attempt at twisting my words. My discussion dealt with acts participated in by 2 consenting adults and not with some moral judgement of what "homosexual acts" are on the books as being illegal. Those places where "some homosexual acts" are illegal are not illegal only for homosexuals but for heterosexuals also. And, if those who wish to participate in those acts are both consenting adults, then the law is wrong not the participants. Where ANY sexual act takes place where one of the partners is not consenting or is too young to understand consenting, then it should be illegal. Besides, what is your definition of "homosexual acts"? If you are talking about oral sex, etc. is it only homosexual when it is performed by same sex partners and is it not a homosexual act if it's performed by opposite sex partners?
felinegrace

Roseboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

BTW "The Truth" Here is a little bit of truth for you to digest. Also, most sodomy laws included oral sex.

Sodomy laws in the United States, which outlawed a variety of sexual acts, were historically universal. While they often targeted sexual acts between persons of the same sex[citation needed], many statutes employed definitions broad enough to outlaw certain sexual acts between persons of different sexes as well, sometimes even acts between married persons.

Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexual mores led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003 the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining fourteen states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

waco1954 wrote:
I told you. I graduated from Jim Crow Senior High. I looked it up in the George Washington Carver Share Cropping Dictionary, and in ebonics , it is spelled the way I spelled it. You have to understand that until the 1964 Civil Rights Act, we had never had any of it, therefore we used it very infrequently, thus the misspelling of the word. LOL
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

The same old risky behavior that got us into the last bailout which cost US taxpayers more money than over three consecutive years of all social programs combined. No, he didn't have to answer to me and the SOB is lucky in that respect. But I and all other taxpayers sure as hell were forced to go farther in debt to finance his bailouts. Republican cockroaches want to squeeze the middle class so they can give bailouts to the bankers , more tax breaks to the rich and no regulation of their scams..
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>The name is Dimon and he will have to answer to the stockholders, not to you or the moronic bureaucrats masquerading as intelligent regulators.
waco1954

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Stowe...AZ...just messing with you guys. :)
mizmishofvabch

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Aybody still alive from the fabulous 50's and the gang from around the frozen delight?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

TSF wrote:
The same old risky behavior that got us into the last bailout which cost US taxpayers more money than over three consecutive years of all social programs combined. No, he didn't have to answer to me and the SOB is lucky in that respect. But I and all other taxpayers sure as hell were forced to go farther in debt to finance his bailouts. Republican cockroaches want to squeeze the middle class so they can give bailouts to the bankers , more tax breaks to the rich and no regulation of their scams..
<quoted text>
You simpleton! Morgan Chase repaid every cent of their TARP money plus interest as did most every other financial institution. The only TARP recipient that still owes money is GM which was the payoff to Obama's union thug supporters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Robert and all consevatives, Please explain the meaning of these words from your perspective of voting 'yes' and supporting Amendment One.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL men are created equal, and that they are endowed by creator with certain inalienable rights; That among these are LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS"
Please explain to me how a 'Yes' vote on Amendment One accomplished this noble purpose.
Robert, You have a genuine talent for avoiding direct questions asked to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, You have a genuine talent for avoiding direct questions asked to you.
A society has the right to set standards for itself. Most of those who voted for Amendment 1 believe that gay marriage damages the traditonal family structure and in turn threatens the whole of society. Does that answer your question, Arnold?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pressure from constituents is how the system is supposed to work.
Obama ended don't ask don't tell, made sexual orientation included in hate crimes criteria,andAmong the changes: Gay partners of federal workers will now receive long-term health insurance, access to day care and other benefits. Federal Housing Authority loans can no longer consider the sexual orientation of applicants. The Census Bureau plans to report the number of people who report being in a same-sex relationship. Hospitals must allow gays to visit their ill partners. And federal child-care subsidies can be used by the children of same-sex domestic partners.

What did the Bush's do for gay rights? Nothing. What did Reagan do for gay rights? Nothing. What did Nixon do for gay rights? Nothing.

Republicans do not work for all the people.
Support is a lot different than pressure (demand/force) in my world.

With the exception of " Hospitals must allow gays to visit their ill partners" everything else you listed is government funded.

I would have expected nothing less from government programs.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, because you are anti anything that Obama may do. It does not even have to be something you are against, you guys just knee jerk to any idea a liberal may have.
Thanks for confessing that to us.
I am not anti Obama. I just refuse to put him on some false pedestal you and Arnold seem to think he belongs on. He is worse than Bush an we both know Bush wasn't good either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Robert and all consevatives, Please explain the meaning of these words from your perspective of voting 'yes' and supporting Amendment One.
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL men are created equal, and that they are endowed by creator with certain inalienable rights; That among these are LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS"
Please explain to me how a 'Yes' vote on Amendment One accomplished this noble purpose.
Arnold, before you start vilifying "conservatives" for voting "yes", you need to speak to the people of your party. Where were they on the day this issue was voted on? Maybe this issue didn't matter as much to them as you expected. Repubs are outnumbered by Dems in N.C. and a "no" vote shouldn't have been a problem.

These are statistics I found for Tuesday's vote:

"Some basic math.

Democrats registered in NC: 2,735,467
Republicans registered in NC: 1,975,943
Votes cast for Amendment 1: 1,303,876
Votes cast against Amendment 1: 832,219

All that's needed for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing. Look at the numbers, people, and call upon your basic math skills, not your partisan hatred. Even if EVERYONE who voted for Amendment 1 was a republican, your fellow democrats were complicit in its passage because they didn't vote against it. Maybe before you say, "God, I HATE republicans," you should ask your democrat friends where they were on election day.

That scenario's unlikely. It's a lot more likely that a *lot* of your democrat friends voted FOR Amendment 1. Math is not subject to party affiliation. I am also unaffiliated. Think. That IS legal, at least for the time being.

Numbers come from NC Board of Elections. Sorry for the inconvenient truth."

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, old people tend to not be progressive. Just as old people are still more likely to be racist.Just as old people tend to be republican.
Just watched a clip of Reagan giving his view on homosexuals. He was asked about homosexuals teaching in schools. He said if they keep it private he is OK with it. But if they ever tell a child they are gay, it sends the wrong message that the lifestyle is ok.

If Mitt Romney said this today, he would lose the race.
Mute point

Many people viewed gays differently in the 80's! A lot has changed in 20 years, many of the things said by leaders and politicians are frowned upon or unacceptable today.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

I don't know if you are dishonest or just stupid. Derivatives are packages of shakey to worthless loans sold as commodities and designed to lose money so insurance (hedge) against losses can be collected. So all the banks accept bailouts so that the ones which were dragging down the others like Morgan could pay their debt with OUR TAX MONEY. So then Morgan pays us back with our own money? Wake up ! Its a scam. We are being shock tested to see if we are stupid enough to fall for the trick again.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>You simpleton! Morgan Chase repaid every cent of their TARP money plus interest as did most every other financial institution. The only TARP recipient that still owes money is GM which was the payoff to Obama's union thug supporters.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you are dishonest or just stupid. Derivatives are packages of shakey to worthless loans sold as commodities and designed to lose money so insurance (hedge) against losses can be collected. So all the banks accept bailouts so that the ones which were dragging down the others like Morgan could pay their debt with OUR TAX MONEY. So then Morgan pays us back with our own money? Wake up ! Its a scam. We are being shock tested to see if we are stupid enough to fall for the trick again.
You say "accepted" money. I remember certain banks causing a stink because they wanted no part of the bail out but was forced to accept it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>A society has the right to set standards for itself. Most of those who voted for Amendment 1 believe that gay marriage damages the traditonal family structure and in turn threatens the whole of society. Does that answer your question, Arnold?
I contest and question any rights of people being placed on a ballot when hatred and prejudice are abound for many groups people, mainly the prejudice against homosexuals. Do you think that the 'yes' vote on the Amendment violated Jefferson's statement of the God given right of 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'? Jefferson would puke over these actions. Was this basic right of gays to marry violated by this vote? And you support 'liberty and justice for ALL' and then proceed to deny gays this right? What a blatent hypocrite. You conveniently avoided the question about a human rights vote in 1960 for minorities. You run and hide from direct questions asked of you. Maybe with your social status, I am sure that many have been afraid to challenge you. I am not one of those.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, before you start vilifying "conservatives" for voting "yes", you need to speak to the people of your party. Where were they on the day this issue was voted on? Maybe this issue didn't matter as much to them as you expected. Repubs are outnumbered by Dems in N.C. and a "no" vote shouldn't have been a problem.
These are statistics I found for Tuesday's vote:
"Some basic math.
Democrats registered in NC: 2,735,467
Republicans registered in NC: 1,975,943
Votes cast for Amendment 1: 1,303,876
Votes cast against Amendment 1: 832,219
All that's needed for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing. Look at the numbers, people, and call upon your basic math skills, not your partisan hatred. Even if EVERYONE who voted for Amendment 1 was a republican, your fellow democrats were complicit in its passage because they didn't vote against it. Maybe before you say, "God, I HATE republicans," you should ask your democrat friends where they were on election day.
That scenario's unlikely. It's a lot more likely that a *lot* of your democrat friends voted FOR Amendment 1. Math is not subject to party affiliation. I am also unaffiliated. Think. That IS legal, at least for the time being.
Numbers come from NC Board of Elections. Sorry for the inconvenient truth."
Many Democrats are unfortunately in the category where they believe the Bible governs the US instead of the Constitution. As an American, do you really believe that human rights of individuals is an issue that should be voted on by the people? What do you think would have happened had a vote for equal rights for minorities been placed on a ballot in 1960? Honestly, what would have been the result? Would this have been fair? Is denying homosexuals the God given right to 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' as stated by Jefferson what you and other 'yes' voters want to do? A 'true' patriot of this nation wants equality for EVERY citizen, not just the ones that have your preference. I am in the former group, you are a supporter of the latter. I believe in fairness and equality for ALL. You only give it lip service.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,001 - 10,020 of49,624
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winston-Salem Discussions

Search the Winston-Salem Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Low flying, window-less aircraft (Jan '12) Apr 18 Clemmons 19
The Bridge Church in Kernersville, NC (Feb '12) Apr 17 Noah 7
Medical Treatment Apr 8 bato 1
Loyal White Knights KKK Fliers found in MY Driv... (Jun '13) Apr 7 Bobby 10
Winston-Salem Homicide First For 2011 (Jan '11) Apr 4 Jamek fam 4
Any ideas for hydrocodone in this area? Mar 27 sadie 2
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Mar 26 Macey Grunden 322
•••
•••
•••
•••

Winston-Salem Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Winston-Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance