newspaper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Just read on the KTBS web site that Bodie made some drug arrest today.
golly

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Its about time. Clean up the streets.
Days of our Lives

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

From the KTBS website:

The Winn Parish Sheriffs Department arrested nine people this morning on drug-related charges, according to a news release.
John W. Mullins, Harvey Coleman, Ronald L. Preston, Bruce Powell and Matthew Whitley - all of Winnfield - were arrested for distribution of controlled drugs such as Valium, Hydrocodone and Marijuana. Rodney G. McCarty of Joyce and Derrick Sapp and Marcus Sapp, both of Atlanta, were also arrested for possession of controlled drugs.
Adrian T. Cormier of Joyce was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
The selling and distribution of CDs such as Hydrocodone, Valium, Xanax, etc. is a growing and threatening problem facing our community, Sheriff A.D. Bodie little said in the news release.
Little said his office will continue to aggressively investigate those who are suspected of using and distributing drugs and narcotics.
Where is MATT

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Where are you at now Matt? What do you have to say about this now big mouth? Looks to me like the sheriff is trying to clean up drugs in Winn Parish and that takes money! But with idiots like you running around helping out the drug dealers by bashing the sheriff it will be very hard to get things done! Why don't you help out and do something to help rid our community of these drug dealers instead of hurt Law Enforcement's efforts? Maybe because you are a drug dealer yourself?
Lew

Otis, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I've seen some of those same names before in relation to drug charges. Sheriff's dept. knows where to find them when they get ready for another front page headline.

Don't personally know any of them, but do know some of them have gone through the expensive D.A.R.E program at school. The Sapp boys had been ball players at Atlanta.
Old Tiger Gal

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

I guess there are those of us who just does not understand ANY legal system. Danged if you and danged if you don't. I know someone (TX resident)who has been arrested THREE times on drug charges. Gets off every time. She has two children to care for. Their father? Has a WONDERFUL relationship with the kids, mentally and financially. Spends money on the kids, won't give her the money for "child support" to support her habit and is facing jail right now for doing so. He can't pay both. He either spends the $$$ on the kids and knows where it goes or gives it to her and they would never see it. Its messed up everywhere.
golden girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

When are you going to get the ones on Durbin Rd.
in Dodson the sheriff department knows they are
selling drugs there just ask LULU
In The Know

Pittsburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Where is MATT wrote:
Where are you at now Matt? What do you have to say about this now big mouth? Looks to me like the sheriff is trying to clean up drugs in Winn Parish and that takes money! But with idiots like you running around helping out the drug dealers by bashing the sheriff it will be very hard to get things done! Why don't you help out and do something to help rid our community of these drug dealers instead of hurt Law Enforcement's efforts? Maybe because you are a drug dealer yourself?
Matthew Whitley has been locked up in the city jail for almost a year now. Arrested on drug charges by the CITY. And now Bodie is trying to take credit ??????!!!!
tyme out

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I say "way to go wpso" thank yall for a job well done.
scoopy doo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I heard J R was handcuffed by the ATF when he showed up. J R told them they were out of their jurisdiction and could not arrest anyone so they put the handcuffs on him and sat him on the corner. guess they showed him what they can do. funny.
unfair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I do support arresting folks for distributing or using illegal narcotics, however, I understand that some children of influential parents were with some of these that were busted and were allowed to go free and leave. Just ain't right.
I also understand that some that were arrested were already serving time. The cases were made several months ago and are just now being arrested.
This is done to influence voter support of the additional funds needed to hire more employees, buy more cars and to increase the size of certain wallets. More smoke and mirrors folks!

Were the 5 drug dogs used to make these arrests?
Matt

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Judged:

Where is MATT wrote:
I'm right here! Am I supposed to be clapping my hands?
Those who have ever had a toddler do a good deed, like put a piece of trash in the wastebasket, got lots of "GOOD BOY/GOOD GIRL " praise HE/she was given appreciatives smiles and hugs for the helful act.
But all grow up and at the workplace, whether it be standing all day in the hot sun, flagging traffic in a construction zone, or sitting behind a desk solving some business problem one does not get the praise , hugs, hand clapping that the toddler gets for doing his job -a good job!
Do you think Bodie deserves a "Toddler's" praise for doing the job he was elected to do and that he is being well paid to do? I dont' think so, that is a reasonable expectation for taxpayers. He nabbed 9 "small fish". Where are the Meth Labs, and the big time Pushers? I've seen some of those "small fish" names connected with drug arrests before-so really nothing new.
We shall see if BODIE himself thinks he needs pats on the back, praise for these small fish by the width of the newspaper article he puts in the paper to praise himself. If he realized he was only doing what we are paying him to do he would carry that quietly in the Weekly Arrest Reports and forego the boasting healines for doing nothing more than what he is being paid to do. Matt is still around!
Where is MATT

Washington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Judged:

Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have ever had a toddler do a good deed, like put a piece of trash in the wastebasket, got lots of "GOOD BOY/GOOD GIRL " praise HE/she was given appreciatives smiles and hugs for the helful act.
But all grow up and at the workplace, whether it be standing all day in the hot sun, flagging traffic in a construction zone, or sitting behind a desk solving some business problem one does not get the praise , hugs, hand clapping that the toddler gets for doing his job -a good job!
Do you think Bodie deserves a "Toddler's" praise for doing the job he was elected to do and that he is being well paid to do? I dont' think so, that is a reasonable expectation for taxpayers. He nabbed 9 "small fish". Where are the Meth Labs, and the big time Pushers? I've seen some of those "small fish" names connected with drug arrests before-so really nothing new.
We shall see if BODIE himself thinks he needs pats on the back, praise for these small fish by the width of the newspaper article he puts in the paper to praise himself. If he realized he was only doing what we are paying him to do he would carry that quietly in the Weekly Arrest Reports and forego the boasting healines for doing nothing more than what he is being paid to do. Matt is still around!
And you are still an idiot and a fool spreading your lies and half truths......twisting the truth to sound like you want it to and make people believe your bull crap!
Get over it

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Judged:

In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew Whitley has been locked up in the city jail for almost a year now. Arrested on drug charges by the CITY. And now Bodie is trying to take credit ??????!!!!
Only differenc is he was saling drugs out of the city jail, Bodie want let him do that in his jail you idiot.
crazy

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Judged:

Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, maybe Bodie did do only what he is supposed to do, and is paid to do. Maybe he shouldn't put an article in the paper about it because it will look like he is bragging. But my lord, why did we never have these kinds of arrests when our previous sheriff was in office. These may be 'small fish', but isn't it better to at least get some of them than none of them. And maybe if he puts it in the paper in a big article it will discourage some of the kids from thinking they can make some money by selling these drugs, and never get caught. Yes, these may not be the big drug dealers, or the ones that are actually bringing it into our parish, but in my opinion, anyone who sells drugs at all needs to be brought down.
And one more thing, I kind of like the idea of a big article in the paper because then it makes it look like we are proud of those guys that put on those uniforms and go round those fools up.
But hey, that's just my opinion...
Out House Crowd

Pittsburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Judged:

crazy wrote:
<quoted text> You know, maybe Bodie did do only what he is supposed to do, and is paid to do. Maybe he shouldn't put an article in the paper about it because it will look like he is bragging. But my lord, why did we never have these kinds of arrests when our previous sheriff was in office. These may be 'small fish', but isn't it better to at least get some of them than none of them. And maybe if he puts it in the paper in a big article it will discourage some of the kids from thinking they can make some money by selling these drugs, and never get caught. Yes, these may not be the big drug dealers, or the ones that are actually bringing it into our parish, but in my opinion, anyone who sells drugs at all needs to be brought down.
And one more thing, I kind of like the idea of a big article in the paper because then it makes it look like we are proud of those guys that put on those uniforms and go round those fools up.
But hey, that's just my opinion...
You did see the previous sheriff if you'd have opened your eyes.

I will wager a huge amount of money that Jordan's crew made more drug arrests on an average year than the current sheriff has in his first year.

I'll also wager that a great number of the current's sheriff's arrest have either been dismissed due to shoddy police work, lost evidence, or for some other "unknown" reason.

Jordan did his job, kept his mouth shut, and his only shortcoming was he did not sound his own horn enough, he just let the chips fall where they fell.

Then along comes a snake oil salesman and just enough people fell for it.

Wanna Know

Choudrant, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Isn't Matt's daddy the City Marshall? or is this the same Matt. All the postings sounds about what either would be saying.
Tinker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Wanna Know wrote:
Isn't Matt's daddy the City Marshall? or is this the same Matt. All the postings sounds about what either would be saying.
I agree!
winnfield gal

Jena, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Where is MATT wrote:
for thoes of u who didnt know matt i do, he took me in and i was the one with the problem not him he has been in jail now around a year.i was there when he got arrested/ city not parish.matts a good man who didnt know what he was getin in to.miss u matt
MSS PRISS

Sarepta, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Matt! Where-ever you're at; you've got time to "PONDER" Surely no one can contridict what you've said! Hey! "and the truth shall set us free"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Winnfield Forum right now

Search the Winnfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr wow 2,080
Anyone know Daniel Norris. 4 hr Daniel Norris 2
This one is cool. 4 Word Game (Jan '11) 10 hr Hatti_Hollerand 465
Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words (Mar '11) 12 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,330
Add a word drop a word (Feb '10) 12 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,458
vance mcallister Tue without representation 3
traffic at school on maple street Tue Todd 12
•••

Flood Warning for Winn Parish was issued at April 16 at 10:25AM CDT