Baldwin company plans pellet plant

Oct 26, 2011 Full story: Kennebec Journal 6

A wood products company in Baldwin plans to build an $80 million pellet manufacturing plant that would send most of its output 28 miles by rail to Portland for export to Europe.

Full Story
Kari

Baytown, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2012
Did all of you know that coal and oil are made from decomposed wood? Wood pellet plants create more carbon gas than burning coal or oil.
Please go back to high school!
Rory

Fort Pierce, FL

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Kari wrote:
Did all of you know that coal and oil are made from decomposed wood? Wood pellet plants create more carbon gas than burning coal or oil.
Please go back to high school!
That may be so; however, pellets are not as expensive as oil or coal, and most folks up here in Maine do not have the luxury to pay more to help the environment just a micro bit more, so they can stay warm in the winter. Besides, if we are going to create more carbon gas, we might as well do it with our grown in Maine and made in Maine products, rather than the pumped from the ground Middle East products, or somewhere else like Texas. Also, the pellet business helps out with employment here in Maine. Does not help you oil baron folks in Texas though! You might want to take a class in microeconomics.
bob peterson

AOL

#3 Mar 11, 2012
Kari, you are from Texas, Texas tea! You are an embarrasment of knowledge in what Maine heating costs are!
bob peterson

AOL

#4 Mar 11, 2012
By the way Kari, you are from Bridgton not Texas!
bob peterson

Levant, ME

#5 Mar 16, 2012
I sometimes wear my mother's panties.
bob peterson

AOL

#6 Mar 19, 2012
I bet you do Bang her Bob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 12 Half a Bubble Off 121
Green-Love celebration works to educate public,... Aug 24 Kush 2
Men Move Family Ashes, Are Charged With Abusing... Aug '14 Morton Downey Sr 3
Armed immigration agents raid Westbrook eatery (Sep '11) Jul '14 dirtbag1958 11
Debate: Marijuana - Gorham, ME (Nov '10) Jul '14 American Bob 5
dog waste May '14 DEREK 1
Proposed bill takes center stage at milfoil summit (Mar '14) Mar '14 DaveH 1
•••
•••
•••

Windham Jobs

•••
•••