Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,906

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85573 Aug 12, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I like Kent Hovind's hypothosis on the subject!
He says that the mass freezing of the Mammoths could only have happend if the earth was hit by a comet, flash freezing the critters with food still in their mouths, AND breaking up the fountains of the deep!
We do not know the topography of the earth 46-4800 years ago!
Grand canyon caverns (formerly Dinosaur caverns) was formed as a water drain with ports (they guess) emptied out into the colorado!
What IF these ports actually took water down to the "Deep" the Bible talks about... out of sight! What IF the oceans were not as deep as they are now... would explain Where the waters went!
I'm NOT sorry... I believe the Biblical account, as written!
Because, I know God is real, and in the end... it's not going to matter when, and how God did something... He did it!
Great day to you, and yours!
Hovind doesn't have a hypothesis. He has stories.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#85574 Aug 12, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one bit of that fits the evidence or even makes as they say around here "A Lick of Sense"....
Let's start with flash freezing.. Are you serious.. From a cometary strike where temps would rise several thousand degrees at the impact site ... What possible set of event could cause a drop in temps from a impact strike... Maybe if enough debri were tossed into the atmosphere to cause a reduction in sun light but that would take months after the global fire storms ended... And any impact large enough to do that would have left easy to spot evidence if it happened within the last 50,000 years...
And yes we Do know the topography 50k years ago.. We can even tell where mountains were, sea beds and where plants and animals lived, the climate and the geology at most periods ... The Grand Canyon was Not formed by the drainage into the Colorado.. It was actually initially formed by a river running in the opposite direction after it went through a uplift of the valley then later a drop of the western range.. It also had some undercut fault washouts over time..
You might as well start from the view point that you Believe in Magic and not even bring up anything else because for what you Believe requires Magic by definition... Forget everything to do with science, computers, geology ect. and just say the World was magically formed by God 6,000 years ago and was made to look old because, heck, it's magic and he can do anything...
Hahahaha!
I will agree to disagree, and that we both have our biases!
Still... You have a great day :-)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85575 Aug 12, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
I will agree to disagree, and that we both have our biases!
Still... You have a great day :-)
If you say that Goodyear is better than Pirelli you might be biased. If you say that tires are sharp, you might be a creationist.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#85576 Aug 12, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Well!
We can see others on your side are unhappy with his choice!
I'll bet it's more because Obama has an even better reason to loose besides his despicable job in the office!
On a Brighter side... He can get all the golf he wants when he's out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.raystevens.com/
That was funny song by the muslim. Yes, if he loses he will be playing golf with Bush and laughing all the way to the bank.

You do know that the FBI,CIA and the whole senate must be marxist since they vetted Obama. We have educated people on topix that studied this stuff for years ,they cannot be wrong about this?

By the way we will still have medicare and social security thanks to america for picking the mormon and catholic who are by their religious doctrine socialists.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85577 Aug 12, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
glad to see most rational thinkers about religion are also rational thinkers about politics. not all. Q gets a lot of leeway because he is a fine photographer and fun to converse with. but he is mistaken on political matters - at least in an individualistic way and not in a dittohead way - in a way that I will argue with, while still not being hostile to him personally.
One typically gets his political leanings with the environment in which he lives. Just as with religion. Q lives in rural Kentucky. I am amazed he broke away from religion, but it is expected he is right leaning.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85578 Aug 12, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Prove I'm wrong!
You cannot!
How can I do that if you do not show were the claim is?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85579 Aug 12, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One typically gets his political leanings with the environment in which he lives. Just as with religion. Q lives in rural Kentucky. I am amazed he broke away from religion, but it is expected he is right leaning.
Now Mike your just projecting.... I was Born in the mountains of Kentucky... I Now Live in the Mountains of Kentucky.. But between then and now I have lived in 12 states, been to all 50 and 8 other countries...

During my youth I was a long haired hippy radical commie pinko freak... I led the Detroit Coalition to End the War Now to the May Day marches in DC in 1970 and 1971,,, I worked at the Free Clinic on Plum Street in Detroit in 69... I tried to join the Verceramos Brigade to go to Cuba and cut sugarcane to support the socialist revolution in 69 but was a bit young to get through Canada then out of the country... But in 71 I was standing at the White House Fence and saw a group of disable vets tossing medals over the Fence and had an epiphany ... I realized I had no idea what I was talking about, marching about and I set out to find out.. The Day I returned to Detroit I enlisted in the Army with a contract to go to Vietnam....

So before you Generalize those who oppose your specific points of view I would Suggest you simple Ask what informs those opposing opinions....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85580 Aug 12, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One typically gets his political leanings with the environment in which he lives. Just as with religion. Q lives in rural Kentucky. I am amazed he broke away from religion, but it is expected he is right leaning.
Oh and by the Way... This area of Rural Kentucky was a Coal Mining union organizing Socialist/Democrat area until the last couple of decades... That is what has led our part of the world to become one of the most dependent areas of the nation... We have Generational Welfare which has created a large block of our population to become un-productive, poorly educated and futures of poverty

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85581 Aug 12, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Mike your just projecting.... I was Born in the mountains of Kentucky... I Now Live in the Mountains of Kentucky.. But between then and now I have lived in 12 states, been to all 50 and 8 other countries...
During my youth I was a long haired hippy radical commie pinko freak... I led the Detroit Coalition to End the War Now to the May Day marches in DC in 1970 and 1971,,, I worked at the Free Clinic on Plum Street in Detroit in 69... I tried to join the Verceramos Brigade to go to Cuba and cut sugarcane to support the socialist revolution in 69 but was a bit young to get through Canada then out of the country... But in 71 I was standing at the White House Fence and saw a group of disable vets tossing medals over the Fence and had an epiphany ... I realized I had no idea what I was talking about, marching about and I set out to find out.. The Day I returned to Detroit I enlisted in the Army with a contract to go to Vietnam....
So before you Generalize those who oppose your specific points of view I would Suggest you simple Ask what informs those opposing opinions....
So you should be the first to understand what Obama was into during his college years does not define him?
RedNeck

Paris, KY

#85582 Aug 12, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and by the Way... This area of Rural Kentucky was a Coal Mining union organizing Socialist/Democrat area until the last couple of decades... That is what has led our part of the world to become one of the most dependent areas of the nation... We have Generational Welfare which has created a large block of our population to become un-productive, poorly educated and futures of poverty
Only because of LBJ's Great Society program which took the pride from our people. No we was not rich by other's standards but we were SELF-SUFFICIENT. We knew how to raise a garden, slaughter hogs, beef & chickens. We knew about collecting the eatable plants in our woods. We were HEALTHY because we worked.

KEY WORD - WAS

Now we sit on our asses drawing welfare checks and are unhealthy & overweight. We have NO pride in accomplishments because we accomplish nothing since the government keeps us up. We will continue to vote Democratic because of this. At least until the working Americans decide to revolt or "IF YOU CAN"T BEAT 'EM - JOIN 'EM" Then we'll have revolts just like Europe.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85583 Aug 12, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you should be the first to understand what Obama was into during his college years does not define him?
Never have I said it defined him.. But it is Valid when looking at the direction he took after that period... I see no indication in his later life to a change in his core belief system.. As indicated by his associations and policy stands after that period... I have read his words in his (we are told) writings and what actions taken to gain position in Ill.. So while I would not fault his youthful dalliances I see from his later times where his college and even younger days set the stage his further life defined....
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#85584 Aug 12, 2012
RedNeck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because of LBJ's Great Society program which took the pride from our people. No we was not rich by other's standards but we were SELF-SUFFICIENT. We knew how to raise a garden, slaughter hogs, beef & chickens. We knew about collecting the eatable plants in our woods. We were HEALTHY because we worked.
KEY WORD - WAS
Now we sit on our asses drawing welfare checks and are unhealthy & overweight. We have NO pride in accomplishments because we accomplish nothing since the government keeps us up. We will continue to vote Democratic because of this. At least until the working Americans decide to revolt or "IF YOU CAN"T BEAT 'EM - JOIN 'EM" Then we'll have revolts just like Europe.
I really do agree. Those were the days. If we did not have meat to eat that night then we just did not have it. We did not run out to the store and grab it.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#85585 Aug 12, 2012
Republican Mitt Romney and the "Mormon Plan for America"

This “Kingdom of God” is believed by devout Mormons to be a theocratic kingdom run by the Prophet from Salt Lake City. They believe that ultimately they will head up a one-world benevolent dictatorship (or kingdom) run by the LDS Prophet. This will not only be a religious and political kingdom, but it will also be an economic kingdom.

It is not well-known that LDS church leaders (9) are chosen from among hereditary LDS families (like Romney's) who are captains of industry and wealthy, self-made executives of extraordinary capitalistic skill. Most are millionaires before they even assume their callings. Because of this, the LDS church leadership has demonstrated remarkable skill in building an economic empire out of their small beginnings.

Today, the LDS church is probably the richest church – per capita – in the world. Of course, the Roman church is much wealthier, but it has had 1700 years to amass its capital and has more than a billion members. The Mormons have only been around about 176 years and have only one percent of the members of the Roman church. Yet they would be in the top fifty of Fortune 500 companies if they were categorized as a business.

Part of the strategy of the LDS leadership is to invest in very powerful and influential holdings. Unlike most churches, they own TV stations (local network affiliates). They own power companies. Most worrisome of all, they have made a concerted effort to buy up thousands of acres of farmland, orchards, etc. under their many “dummy companies.”

Part of the reason the Mormons are doing this, is because their peculiar view of the end-times. Here is where Mitt Romney (or someone very much like him) comes in.

Two separate Mormon prophecies impact this scenario. The first is a belief taught by many LDS leaders – including Brigham Young - that a time would come when the US Constitution would “hang by a thread” and that the elders of Israel (meaning the LDS leadership) would come in and save the day.(10)

Many LDS (and indeed many conservative Americans) believe that today the Constitution is indeed in peril, whether it is from the encroachments on civil liberties from the Homeland Security people OR from groups like the ACLU who seem determined to move through liberal courts to virtually outlaw religion (and especially Christianity) from the public square and public discourse.

How the “elders” would save the Constitution is not entirely clear, but it is presumed that there would be a restoration of the Kingdom of God (LDS church) over the whole nation and that the United Order (11) would be restored by a benevolent LDS Prophet who was also priest and king over America.

Not many Americans know that LDS founder Joseph Smith had himself crowned king over America (soon before he was shot at the Carthage jail by a mob). It is believed that all LDS prophets since him believe themselves to be sovereigns as well.

Believe it or not, Smith established a highly secret “Council of Fifty” which was called the “Council of Ytfif” to outsiders (fifty spelled backwards). With these fifty men, some of whom were not even LDS, he intended to set up the foundations for a secret government of the United States with himself as its head. Ironically enough, one of the LDS splinter groups which broke away from Brigham Young after Smith's assassination established a similar council in rural Wisconsin. They called it “The Illuminati!”

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2226.cfm

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#85587 Aug 12, 2012
Continued from:
Republican Mitt Romney and the "Mormon Plan for America"

The other prophecy is even more controversial. It is known as the “White Horse Prophecy” or the prophecy of the “One mighty and strong.” Now, this is not public, formal LDS doctrine, but it was taught by many leaders of the Church and is still taught today. It is said by LDS leadership that when the Constitution is in dire peril, one will come who is mighty and strong. He will come riding (figuratively perhaps) on a white horse and will wield awesome political and spiritual power.

This mysterious priesthood elder would somehow seize control of the US government to prevent the total abrogation of the Constitution. He would assume total power and create an LDS “Kingdom” in America. At that time, this “one mighty and strong” would be proclaimed the new “Prophet “(First President) of the LDS church and would also be president of the United States. Thus, he would wield both supreme political power of the most powerful nation on earth and also be the “Prophet, Seer and Revelator”(12) of the LDS Church.

At the same time, through the vast corporate and agricultural holdings of the LDS Church (through its various subsidiaries), he would have the power to either feed the world or with-hold food from the world. The implication is that getting food would be dependent on being obedient to the United Order.

Now, to a Bible-believer, all of this sounds chillingly like the description of the “man of sin”(2 Thess. 2:3) or the Anti-Christ. He will be a great political leader (Rev. 13:2) but with a religious component (Rev. 13:4). He will control commerce and especially food distribution (Rev. 13:17). But most Mormons do not see that connection. They believe he will be a mighty spiritual and political leader who will save the USA from destruction and ultimately bring peace to the world.

William Schnoebelen

"Once properly understood, you will realize that no genuine Christian could ever support Mitt Romney for President."
http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2226.cfm
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#85588 Aug 12, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one bit of that fits the evidence or even makes as they say around here "A Lick of Sense"....
Let's start with flash freezing.. Are you serious.. From a cometary strike where temps would rise several thousand degrees at the impact site ... What possible set of event could cause a drop in temps from a impact strike... Maybe if enough debri were tossed into the atmosphere to cause a reduction in sun light but that would take months after the global fire storms ended... And any impact large enough to do that would have left easy to spot evidence if it happened within the last 50,000 years...
And yes we Do know the topography 50k years ago.. We can even tell where mountains were, sea beds and where plants and animals lived, the climate and the geology at most periods ... The Grand Canyon was Not formed by the drainage into the Colorado.. It was actually initially formed by a river running in the opposite direction after it went through a uplift of the valley then later a drop of the western range.. It also had some undercut fault washouts over time..
You might as well start from the view point that you Believe in Magic and not even bring up anything else because for what you Believe requires Magic by definition... Forget everything to do with science, computers, geology ect. and just say the World was magically formed by God 6,000 years ago and was made to look old because, heck, it's magic and he can do anything...
No! Jehovah is not a Magician! He is a CREATOR!
The planet earth is much older than 6,000 years! Mankind has been on earth about 6,000 years and scientific fact supports that! It is your evolution theory that must rely on magic because there is not one shread of EVIDENCE to support the THEORY. It is really not magic either it is only in your dreams! DREAM ON!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#85589 Aug 12, 2012
"Space ship Earth ss"

POLITICS

WHAT SCRIPTURES HAVE ALWAYS HAD A BEARING ON THE ATTITUDE OF TRUE CHRISTIANS TOWARD INVOLVEMENT IN POLITICAL ISSUES AND ACTIVITIES?

John 17:16 "They are no part of the world, just as I [Jesus] am no part of the world."
John 6:15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.
JESUS WOULD NOT TOUCH POLITICS WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!
Later Jesus told the Roman governor “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”- John 18:36
James 4:4:“Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.”
WHY IS THE MATTER SO SERIOUS? Because as 1 John 5:19 says,“the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
AT John 14:30, JESUS REFERRED TO SATAN AS BEING “the ruler or the world.”
SO NO MATTER WHAT WORLDLY FACTION A PERSON MIGHT SUPPORT, UNDER WHOSE CONTROL WOULD HE REALLY COME?

WHAT, THEN, WILL HAPPEN TO MAN-MADE GOVERNMENTS?
The Bible answers that the governments "of the ENTIRE inhabited earth" will be destroyed.(Revelation 16:14; 19:19-21 and Daniel 2:44)
If a true Christian believes that God’s Kingdom is about to remove all man-made political systems, he logically would refrain from supporting those political systems. After all if he tried to prop up doomed, man-made governments, he would, in effect, BE TAKING A STAND AGAINST GOD.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#85590 Aug 13, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say that Goodyear is better than Pirelli you might be biased. If you say that tires are sharp, you might be a creationist.
Depends on the tire, now doesn't it?
You ever see the edges on a sand dragster? No?
God is real, and we are NOT here by accident!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#85591 Aug 13, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and by the Way... This area of Rural Kentucky was a Coal Mining union organizing Socialist/Democrat area until the last couple of decades... That is what has led our part of the world to become one of the most dependent areas of the nation... We have Generational Welfare which has created a large block of our population to become un-productive, poorly educated and futures of poverty
Great Posts Q!
You have a great day!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#85592 Aug 13, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you should be the first to understand what Obama was into during his college years does not define him?
No... yer right!
It's what he's done in the last few!
Buh-Bye NObama!
BTW Did you build that?
Yer biz I mean!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#85593 Aug 13, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Continued from:
Republican Mitt Romney and the "Mormon Plan for America"
The other prophecy is even more controversial. It is known as the “White Horse Prophecy” or the prophecy of the “One mighty and strong.” Now, this is not public, formal LDS doctrine, but it was taught by many leaders of the Church and is still taught today. It is said by LDS leadership that when the Constitution is in dire peril, one will come who is mighty and strong. He will come riding (figuratively perhaps) on a white horse and will wield awesome political and spiritual power.
This mysterious priesthood elder would somehow seize control of the US government to prevent the total abrogation of the Constitution. He would assume total power and create an LDS “Kingdom” in America. At that time, this “one mighty and strong” would be proclaimed the new “Prophet “(First President) of the LDS church and would also be president of the United States. Thus, he would wield both supreme political power of the most powerful nation on earth and also be the “Prophet, Seer and Revelator”(12) of the LDS Church.
At the same time, through the vast corporate and agricultural holdings of the LDS Church (through its various subsidiaries), he would have the power to either feed the world or with-hold food from the world. The implication is that getting food would be dependent on being obedient to the United Order.
Now, to a Bible-believer, all of this sounds chillingly like the description of the “man of sin”(2 Thess. 2:3) or the Anti-Christ. He will be a great political leader (Rev. 13:2) but with a religious component (Rev. 13:4). He will control commerce and especially food distribution (Rev. 13:17). But most Mormons do not see that connection. They believe he will be a mighty spiritual and political leader who will save the USA from destruction and ultimately bring peace to the world.
William Schnoebelen
"Once properly understood, you will realize that no genuine Christian could ever support Mitt Romney for President."
http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2226.cfm
I believe the end is near, and no matter what we do... it will NOT stop it from coming!
That being said...
Point to one darn thing Obama did in office that Helped AMerica!
He's not even been working on the things he said he would work on!
Playing Golf was NOT in the Job description, or his Promises!
Who'd say "If elected,I Promise to play a lot of golf!"
The end is near... Hold on to yer hat, it's gonna get rough!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jamie barboza 1 hr mary 1
Jodie at Golden Corral 1 hr Where at 1
96 Truck Stop Vigilante Justice 5 hr irvine 83
Miss Font kinda Christmas 7 hr MEF fan 28
fart poster 7 hr Rachelle 3
Learn something through STARFLEET 9 hr Cobalt Knight 1
Add a Word-Drop a Word (May '10) 9 hr jdjdk 2,728
Winchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH