Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,099)

Showing posts 81,961 - 81,980 of128,554
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

my opinion from ME wrote:
<quoted text>
We can give out condoms, teach about sex, assign reading of books filled with RATED 'X' language, let them come half dressed with tatoos and piercings but....HEAVEN FORBID THAT WE TEACH THE BIBLE...it might cause them harm or make them grow up believing something wrong!! Hmmmmmmm
Yes!
Heaven forbid we teach them Morals, and decency, to be UPstanding, and Better than the left wants us to be!
God Bless you, and yours...
Amen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whut?
I'll just say that man has absolutely Nothing to do with global warming, Global cooling and could not do anything about it if he tried...
As for Al (the core of the earth is millions of degrees) Gore.. He's a con man conning millions out of the Eco Religious... Eco Religion is exactly the same as other religions, made to gather a following by it's priests and preachers so as to maintain control and power over the huddled masses...
Whut? Gosh Q, I didn't realize you subscribed to the Discovery Institute newsletters.

According to the NOAA State of the Climate, the planet is warming.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/
Satellite measurement of long wave emissions appears to confirm this, as well.
Some say that global temerature rise is due to human actions and others hold that it is part of a natural cycle - generally, these opinions hinge more on political leanings than objective analysis. Much of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" has been indicted as exaggeration, but exaggeration of evidence does not eradicate evidence, as opponents of the film contend. That these opponents that rebuke and minimalize the same empirical data are usually either ideologically or financially sympathetic to the industrial concerns who would be impacted by stopgaps such as "cap and trade" (a shell game, if you ask me) speaks volumes in itself.
Humans are the major cause of increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and we are adding 30 billion tons of CO2 per year. In 1700 the levels were 280 ppm, around 1900 they were 290. Currently, the CO2 ppm is just below 400, but it will quickly cross that mark and continue to rise - and it is estimated to reach 500 ppm by 2050. While it is true that CO2 is not the most efficient greenhouse mechanism, a 30+% increase in a century - to unprecedented levels - is nothing to scoff at.
It should be noted that while CO2 is a greenhouse gas, it is not the only chemical that impacts the phenomenon. Carbon particles, CO, CH4, O3, H2O vapor, CFC-11 and CFC-12 are others that either directly or indirectly influence re-radiation of long wavelengths to space.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, You are absolutely Wrong.. Yes I am a far right leaning conservative but I am an independent and registered so... As for Al Gore He could be a devout Marxist or Dyed in the wool Republican Right Wing fanatic and I would still argue he's using the Eco Religion to gain personal wealth and person power while himself doing all he can to not follow that which he wishes to force on others...
He has shown on many occasions he has no understanding of the data he puts forth, with little knowledge of proper science. Science has never been and is the antithesis of Consciences... Any so called scientist that agrees with Consciences should be in general Ignored and the label Scientist removed from their titles.. Even the term should be pilloried and cut from the lexicon as it is Con-Sciences.. True Science requires it be shredded, and proposed scientific concept be debunked and Never taken as Agreed to... Consciences gives us the Earth at the center of the Universe, Consciences gives us Civilization starting 1000's of years later than it did, Conscience gives us band wagon full of pompous people that refuse to notice the wheel fell off...
Consciences? What are you talking about? Are you trying to twist the definition of conscience?
Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes right from wrong. Moral judgment may derive from values or norms (principles and rules). In psychological terms conscience is often described as leading to feelings of remorse when a human commits actions that go against his/her moral values and to feelings of rectitude or integrity when actions conform to such norms.[1]

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, You are absolutely Wrong.. Yes I am a far right leaning conservative but I am an independent and registered so... As for Al Gore He could be a devout Marxist or Dyed in the wool Republican Right Wing fanatic and I would still argue he's using the Eco Religion to gain personal wealth and person power while himself doing all he can to not follow that which he wishes to force on others...
He has shown on many occasions he has no understanding of the data he puts forth, with little knowledge of proper science. Science has never been and is the antithesis of Consciences... Any so called scientist that agrees with Consciences should be in general Ignored and the label Scientist removed from their titles.. Even the term should be pilloried and cut from the lexicon as it is Con-Sciences.. True Science requires it be shredded, and proposed scientific concept be debunked and Never taken as Agreed to... Consciences gives us the Earth at the center of the Universe, Consciences gives us Civilization starting 1000's of years later than it did, Conscience gives us band wagon full of pompous people that refuse to notice the wheel fell off...
Do you mean 'consensus' instead of 'conscience'?

If so, when something is claimed and others test it and find the same, a consensus can be formed.
Just as their is a consensus on the heliocentric solar system.
If you wish to dispute the consensus, then by all means, go for it. You could become a famous scientist if you can find evidence that shows the consensus wrong. And many scientists try to do just this. But you take a consensus of the republican side that claims global warming is a hoax to make for political agendas.

I am all for skepticism. But you take it one step beyond. You make claims in opposition that have no evidence.
Thus you are doing what you are condemning others of doing.
Well, that is if you mean consensus instead of conscience.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
Righteously!
(1) If you had a history of thievory, and lying...
I would judge you unworthy of working for me!
(2) If you were wearing an eminem, or ICP T-shirt...
You'd be unworthy to date my daughter!
We make judgements everyday, for all sorts of things!
The Bible says to forget the sacrifices, God wants
Justice, Judgement, and Mercy (paraphrasing)
That's why people like Sandusky go to Jail!
God setup the Judging system Long ago!
What I cannot do, is judge who's going to hell...
Because I deserve hell, and recieved God's Grace!
Yes, we should judge, thus proving Jesus was wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So....
A rock, formed from a valcano made last year, and dates
20,000,000 years ago... bothers you not?
On a side note...
Romney picked Ryan...
You called that... didn't you?
Good work!
Twenty million years ago? You believe anything the creationists propaganda prints, don't you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

my opinion from ME wrote:
<quoted text>
We can give out condoms, teach about sex, assign reading of books filled with RATED 'X' language, let them come half dressed with tatoos and piercings but....HEAVEN FORBID THAT WE TEACH THE BIBLE...it might cause them harm or make them grow up believing something wrong!! Hmmmmmmm
The bible speaks of incest and many rated X topics and claims they are good. Not what I want in public schools.
The bible says a raped woman who is not a virgin should be executed. Sorry, but that is not how America rolls.
The bible says a raped woman must marry the rapist. Sorry, but that is not how we roll in America.
Keep your barbaric teachings in the church were they belong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
Heaven forbid we teach them Morals, and decency, to be UPstanding, and Better than the left wants us to be!
God Bless you, and yours...
Amen!
Stoning a raped woman because she is not a virgin is not a moral teaching. It is an immoral teaching. We do not want public schools to teach our children immoral lessons.
Can we not agree this is an immoral lesson? If so, then why would you wish it to be taught to children?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I absolutly agree with you!
I just thought it was funny that they used the same arguments against your dating methods that Discovery uses...
Another point... it does not have to be a show called Ancient Aliens to be Wrong!
*08/11/12*
Just marking this date... LOL
My dating methods? I cannot read you mind and you are not articulating your thoughts coherently.
What is 'Discovery'?
Use your words man.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You can put two sticks together anyway you like, but they will never mean sanything as great as Calvery's Cross towards Mankind!
If Jesus had been given as a human sacrifice by being thrown into a volcano, would you be wearing a volcano necklace?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Watch it yer self!
They had a Dem on last night, said something even I agreed with...
Of course Dems sould be compaired to Liberals... unless they are Liberal, then they'd not be Dem!
So you don't have any evidence of your claim as always. I see you cannot even tell us what it is you agreed with the democrat on.

Liberal is not a bad word. I have no doubt Jesus was considered a liberal compared to the conservative religious leaders of the day. That is why they killed him.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So....
A rock, formed from a valcano made last year, and dates
20,000,000 years ago... bothers you not?
On a side note...
Romney picked Ryan...
You called that... didn't you?
Good work!
Nope.. Doesn't bother me at all... I would not use C-14 radiometric dating to date a piece of chrome alloy... Just as I would not use a dozen other methods to date Volcanic outflow... I can take a sedimentary rock and pick a method of dating that will give me a vastly wrong data set if I want to snow the uninformed for a agenda...

No dating method stands alone, you do not date something One way and make a stand on the reliability of the dating.. For an example.. I dig a hole and find what looks like a camp site... I find a fire pit and stone tools, I find pottery and other artifacts and I use radiometric dating on the charcoal, I use uranium isotope dating on the pottery, I use stratigraphic dating on the site as a whole, and I use other assorted methods for other items found... I do not automatically, because I find a Mercury Dime, say the site is from the 1920's when all the other assorted methods point to 15,000 bc...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and Most hated!
Funny thing though...
Why do people get angered over the Free Gift of Salvation??
Sounds stupid spelled with two 'oo's
Atheists do not believe in any such gift of salvation by a god. Not angered by that anyway. We are angered by those who hold up a cross and demand the bible be taught in public schools and want creationism taught as science.
It is the hateful things the Christians do that makes us angry, not a symbol.
How can you not know this after being on this thread for so long?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Oh.. and Ryan was one of my 3 picks and is who I thought he would pick, but not who I wish he would have picked... I was hoping for Chris Cristy.. We need a Bull Dog VP not a Chihuahua....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I know... Right?
He's still one of my favorite posters...
Him, and Buck.... LOL
Anyone hear from Buck?
Hope he's not in jail again!
The jails in America are filled with mostly Christian people, so I am sure he is in the company of those like himself.

Christianity is such a poor philosophy, it often does not teach them to act correctly. This is just another reason not to teach it in public schools. It does not teach moral reasoning, it is just full of demands. Often this only confuses the follower and thus he is not good at using his mind for moral reasoning.

Just as you could not figure out the parable of the good Samaritan. You only look at the surface command and could not use moral reasoning to understand the implications deep in the story. This is because you have not been shown how to use moral reasoning. Good philosophy teaches someone how to use moral reasoning. Commandments are not moral reasoning. Moral reasoning allows one to judge if a commandment is moral or not.
You automatically believe all of the bibles commandments were good, so you refuse to use moral reasoning to deduce if they actually are or not. Thus you have no practice of moral reasoning.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahaha!
I point you to the constitution...
You cannot take it from US... without taking it from yourself!
You won't be able to say "I like Pizza" without a law suit!
Man up, n grow a pair!
(only if yer a guy)
The extreme exaggeration of your views shows how warped your perception is.
Do you really think you could ever be sued for uttering how much you like pizza?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
Oh.. and Ryan was one of my 3 picks and is who I thought he would pick, but not who I wish he would have picked... I was hoping for Chris Cristy.. We need a Bull Dog VP not a Chihuahua....
Bad analogy. Romney wouldn't have a chihuahua for a running mate - his supporters detest Mexican-Americans.
Besides, McCain's choice turned out to be a dog last time.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Um... Ding-dong...
We know it was the super pac, but When Questioned about it...
They lied about ever KNOWING Soptic, and He (soptic) was IN the campain HQ working FOR Obama...
That was the Obama Lie!
NOW... Obama CAN repute a Super pac add... and has NOT!
Buy a clue!
Repute what? Nothing in the add was a lie. It may have been a harsh add, but just what is Obama supposed to repute about the add? The add shows how one man affected by Mitt feels. Who is Obama to question how the man feels? It is the mans right to tell people how he feels.

I think the claim of the right wingers that the add claims murder is a lie.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad analogy. Romney wouldn't have a chihuahua for a running mate - his supporters detest Mexican-Americans.
Besides, McCain's choice turned out to be a dog last time.
See how political bias works... It makes some people ignore factual data and replace it with fantastic claims... Much like religious fanatics...

His supporters do not detest Mexican-Americans and never have.. He actually has Mexican-Americans as supporters... What most of his Supporters detest is Illegal Mexican Nationals being allowed to pretend to be Mexican-Americans... And many are not so happy with the Idiotic concept of Hyphenated People altogether.. The Idea of defining Groups to pit against each other for political gain is detestable...

And while I thought McCain was the Dog in that race his VP pick was far more qualified for the Presidency that the one elected... When asked by interviewers Obama Supporters 9 out of 10 times stated that it was ridiculous that she stated she could see Russia from her front porch.. That is more a Condemnation of the mental ability of the Obama Supporters than her cognitive abilities... Since she Never said it and was said by Tina Fey pretending to Be Sarah... Not the brightest Bulbs in the Box....
well

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
Righteously!
(1) If you had a history of thievory, and lying...
I would judge you unworthy of working for me!
(2) If you were wearing an eminem, or ICP T-shirt...
You'd be unworthy to date my daughter!
We make judgements everyday, for all sortsj of things!
The Bible says to forget the sacrifices, God wants
Justice, Judgement, and Mercy (paraphrasing)
That's why people like Sandusky go to Jail!
God setup the Judging system Long ago!
What I cannot do, is judge who's going to hell...
Because I deserve hell, and recieved God's Grace!
Oh, im sorry. your are religious, not "Christian"....my bad. I would still like to see that scripture though. Sans paraphrasing. You know, some people interpret things a certain way to make themselves feel like less of a douche. I know I know, but it DOES happen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,961 - 81,980 of128,554
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Winchester Forum right now

Search the Winchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min JOE NASTY 146,093
Tree Fort 7 min Giant Redwood 856
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 14 min Wise Guy 81,565
lawsuit against the county jail 32 min HoneyBear1 86
that girl 52 min Pamela 16
ryan dotson for county judge executive (Jan '14) 1 hr JwS 17
The truth 2 hr HoneyBear1 5
•••
•••
•••
Winchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters