Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,867

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#79742 Jun 4, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
What flight was that ? I don't remember hearing about a plane crash and only one person surviving ...do you have a link to the news article ..
"She was *gone* before the crash" because she was such a good Christian that Yahweh plucked her out of the plane? Oh sure....

This is yaa you are talking to, remember?
He makes it up (or hears it from his pastor or reads it on those looney Christian websites) and then believes it really happened...lol! because, of course, NO CHRISTIAN WOULD LIE.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79743 Jun 4, 2012
Okay I get up each day and read my horoscope. Crazy I know but I enjoying reading it. Do I take what is says and form my day around it no, but maybe sometimes it does dwell on my mind. Okay I take what the bible says and dwell on it all day. I chose to read it and yes let faith lead me that it is real. Never trying to judge anyone else but as for me I chose to see the bible as a guide to this awful life here on earth. There has to be a reason for everything?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#79744 Jun 4, 2012
a prayer for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I said a prayer for you, and other unbelievers like you.
The real truth is that someday all of you will believe there is a God. It will be a sad day when He says, "Depart from me. I never knew you". Just know it is our choice. I'd rather hear Him say to me; "Well done, good and faithful servant." None of us are perfect, but life is short. Eternity is real.
You won't be "hearing" anything. You'll be dead.. deceased.. non-existant.. discorporate.. without ears even.
But don't worry, you won't be concerned about it either.'Cause you'll be dead.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#79745 Jun 4, 2012
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
and where is your proof that cant be challenged? Every thing the bible says can be argued was wrong via
Modern science. We as human beings dont have any real proof of how and where it begins. Religious say that god created it and science says the big bang and chemical reactions.
To me i believe both sides are pretty arrogant after all we'll prob never know till we die. For all we know we could be just an aliens experiment to watch how we progress and grow for example.
As for me i dont need religion to tell me people who love each but since they are the same gender they are evil, yet rapist and murderers can go to heaven if they repent as long as they really mean it, yeah sounds screwed up but that how it works in the bible "rolls eyes"
Well, if the bible is not the inspired word of god, where would love come from, how could we have morals and peace on earth without the bible? You obviously have never spoken with god, do you believe that hell awaits non-believers? The bible states all you gotta do is believe and ask to be forgiven and you go to heaven and spend eternity with the lord, are you saying that is false?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#79746 Jun 4, 2012
trusted wrote:
Okay I get up each day and read my horoscope. Crazy I know but I enjoying reading it. Do I take what is says and form my day around it no, but maybe sometimes it does dwell on my mind. Okay I take what the bible says and dwell on it all day. I chose to read it and yes let faith lead me that it is real. Never trying to judge anyone else but as for me I chose to see the bible as a guide to this awful life here on earth. There has to be a reason for everything?
Calling Life "awful" says a great deal about you.
Sorry you are miserable.
But that is generally what religion is about... making you accept being miserable in hopes of a better "afterlife" instead of working to make THIS life joyful.

“There is no god.”

USA

#79747 Jun 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"She was *gone* before the crash" because she was such a good Christian that Yahweh plucked her out of the plane? Oh sure....
He makes it up (or hears it from his pastor or reads it on those looney Christian websites) and then believes it really happened...lol! because, of course, NO CHRISTIAN WOULD LIE.
He has complete understanding of the mind and intentions of his god.

“There is no god.”

USA

#79748 Jun 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't be "hearing" anything. You'll be dead.. deceased.. non-existant.. discorporate.. without ears even.
But don't worry, you won't be concerned about it either.'Cause you'll be dead.
That was to the point.

“There is no god.”

USA

#79749 Jun 4, 2012
trusted wrote:
"There has to be a reason for everything?"

Why?

“There is no god.”

USA

#79750 Jun 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to the view that the whole 7 day thingy comes from the Sumerian view that the Earth is the 7th planet counting from the outside inward.. Their story of Creation is that we were Genetically Engineered as worker by an Alien Race and were given knowledge of the solar system from those folks... They had all 9 planets plus 1 listed and named as far back as 4000 BC with notation of relative size and position with a central sun...
After that the many stories that later found their way into old biblical texts and were changed by those later story tellers to fit a more Magical construct...
But that would make the bible invalid, dare we go there.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79751 Jun 4, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"There has to be a reason for everything?"
Why?
What I meant is that I dont have to question the reason , but some do. I dont have to know the reason , I just chose to have faith in it.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79752 Jun 4, 2012
a prayer for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I said a prayer for you, and other unbelievers like you.
The real truth is that someday all of you will believe there is a God. It will be a sad day when He says, "Depart from me. I never knew you". Just know it is our choice. I'd rather hear Him say to me; "Well done, good and faithful servant." None of us are perfect, but life is short. Eternity is real.
Sadly, you presume to speak for what "God" would say. Which is a very dangerous notion.

The real truth is that you can't prove or disprove your beliefs. You can only believe them on a personal level and try to live your OWN life according to what you best think. That is what EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this planet does on a daily basis.

Whether there is a god out there is unknowable. But I do believe that if there is a god out there concerned with humans, that it is more concerned with people trying to live their life honestly and to the best of their ability than with having the exact dogma and saying the magic "Jesus forgive me" words that are required of a particular religious sect.

If god so truly loved the world, it would be unequivocally and constantly present so that there would be no doubt. Claiming god is unchanging, yet saying god only made its presence known to select people 2000 years ago is a contradiction.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79753 Jun 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Life "awful" says a great deal about you.
Sorry you are miserable.
But that is generally what religion is about... making you accept being miserable in hopes of a better "afterlife" instead of working to make THIS life joyful.
May I ask what makes your life so joyful? Maybe I do have miserable moments in my life, but I try to make it a better one for those I love ,not for me.
juggalo

United States

#79754 Jun 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how cults make outrageous claims ...and base so many of their beliefs on urban legends
juggalo

United States

#79755 Jun 4, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>What I meant is that I dont have to question the reason , but some do. I dont have to know the reason , I just chose to have faith in it.
It's great that you can be so content ...some of us on the other hand like to search for answers instead of just blindly accepting what we are being told by people who are un trustworthy in the first place

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79756 Jun 4, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask what makes your life so joyful? Maybe I do have miserable moments in my life, but I try to make it a better one for those I love ,not for me.
What makes life joyful?

Filling it with friends.
Being a friend.
Appreciating the time you have.
Living in the moment.
Loving freely and being loved in return.
Making memories with people you care about.
Helping out as best you can.

Life is remembered in moments and this life CAN be joyful. But with all things, there are good and bad times. But what helps turn around those bad time are friends.

If people are sold on the thought that life is a cosmic test or chore to be endured in order to get a happy afterlife, then they will miss out on all the good around them. They will only see the misery as something to be endured in order to earn a halo.

Ultimately, if people want to see evil, they will see evil - even if it doesn't exist.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#79757 Jun 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been several crashed with but one surviver...

http://listverse.com/2008/06/18/top-10-sole-s...
juggalo

United States

#79758 Jun 4, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes life joyful?
Filling it with friends.
Being a friend.
Appreciating the time you have.
Living in the moment.
Loving freely and being loved in return.
Making memories with people you care about.
Helping out as best you can.
Life is remembered in moments and this life CAN be joyful. But with all things, there are good and bad times. But what helps turn around those bad time are friends.
If people are sold on the thought that life is a cosmic test or chore to be endured in order to get a happy afterlife, then they will miss out on all the good around them. They will only see the misery as something to be endured in order to earn a halo.
Ultimately, if people want to see evil, they will see evil - even if it doesn't exist.
Great post !!!!
juggalo

United States

#79759 Jun 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been several crashed with but one surviver...
http://listverse.com/2008/06/18/top-10-sole-s...
Cool thanks for the list !!! When I have more time I'm gonna read it all

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#79760 Jun 4, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool thanks for the list !!! When I have more time I'm gonna read it all
Your welcome.. But had to do more with seat selection than divine intervention ...
Chris RR

Franklin, OH

#79761 Jun 4, 2012
The only way I would be okay with the bible being taught in school is if they also taught the Koran, teachings of Buddha, Humanism, Hindu beliefs, etc. etc.. All on an equal level of possibility and respect and allowing the children to make up their own minds. The possibility of such an unbiased and fair approach to teaching about religion, morals and how humans interpret their feelings of justice, love, suffering, fear to the world doesn't seem remotely possible. Especially in Kentucky...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steakhouse/water front 34 min Boater 2
Man that use to hang out at the steakhouse 41 min River rat 4
Dope sick need help 1 hr HoneyBear1 30
Casey moore 2 hr U stupid 3
Miss Font kinda Christmas 3 hr Rod 3
Ashlee Backpage!! 4 hr no name 27
Buckner st 6 hr Mike 2
Winchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web