New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

It is sad to see we are losing more city workers and police due to a recent layoff approved by our wonderful Wilmington City Council. Why is it they always layoff where we need the help the most? Gee...we never see layoffs or cut hours of any City Hall office employee. Hmmm....wonder why? We have more than enough staff working there and they never get touched. Just sad to see these layoffs approved.
Agreed

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Maybe if the city council took a paycut others would be able to keep their jobs to support their families.
Nope

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Agreed wrote:
Maybe if the city council took a paycut others would be able to keep their jobs to support their families.
Alderman get like $45 per meeting. Even overestimating at one meeting per week, that's 45x52=$2340 for one alderman. That x8 alderman =$18,720. The mayor gets $6000 a year. So the mayor and the aldermen combined are making less than $24,720, given the generous estimate on the aldermen. I'm sure that's less than the salary of one police officer. It's hard (or at least should be) when you have to take somebody's job away, but we can make do with one less officer. Just hope they keep the better officers.

I'm not saying that the council shouldn't give themselves a paycut, as $45 per meeting is kinda high when the city is in such bad shape financially. However, when you have a $500,000+ deficit slashing pay to the council isn't going to save anybody else's job.
yup

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

so what... there will be 99 cops in wilmington instead of 100? seems like there has always been a shit ton of cops in wilmington. driving nice new cars, s.u.v.'s and bicycles. maybe they should be driving cavaliers instead of chargers. that would prolly save a few jobs right there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wilmington Discussions

Search the Wilmington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min Terry rigsby 49,015
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 43 min Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel 1,870
Conservation Police 7 hr About time 25
Whats new in CC 8 hr pizza lover 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr nono 3,849
family dollar 14 hr Happy Dad 9
200 N Walker Street Trash Tue Happy Mom 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wilmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wilmington People Search