Global Economy-Us, Europe data boost hopes for 2012

Feb 3, 2012 Full story: Reuters

A surprise surge in U.S. hiring and good news from businesses on both sides of the Atlantic got the world economy off to a hopeful start in 2012, though the euro zone's debt woes and signs of slower growth in China remain a concern.

Full Story

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1 Feb 4, 2012
FOCUS: Republican Myth: Obama's "Entitlement Society"
Republican Myth: Obama's "Entitlement Society" By Robert Reich, Robert Reich's Blog. 02 February 12 ne of the few things Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich agree on is ...
www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/279-82/9... argue our economic problems stem from this sharp rise in "dependency." Get rid of these benefits and people will work harder.

But they have cause and effect backwards. The reason for the rise in food stamps, unemployment insurance, and other safety-net programs is Americans got clobbered in 2008 with the worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression. They and their families have needed whatever helping hands they could get.

If anything, America's safety nets have been too small and shot through with holes. That's why the number and percentage of Americans in poverty has increased dramatically over the past three years. According to a study by Northeastern University, a third of families with young children are now in poverty...."

"Were also making it easier for American businesses to sell products all over the world. Two years ago, I set a goal of doubling U.S. exports over five years. With the bipartisan trade agreements we signed into law, were on track to meet that goal ahead of schedule."...." "And soon, there will be millions of new customers for American goods in Panama, Colombia, and South Korea. Soon, there will be new cars on the streets of Seoul imported from Detroit, and Toledo, and Chicago."... "I will go anywhere in the world to open new markets for American products. And I will not stand by when our competitors dont play by the rules. Weve brought trade cases against China at nearly twice the rate as the last administration - and its made a difference."~from President Obama's Third State of the Union address.

Do we want a President,like Obama. who fights for American jobs in a more complex interdependent world market society and making the playing field more level for US companies to compete fairly in international markets or a candidate , like Mitt Romney ,who's only business experience was as a corporate raider that stripped down once traditional prosperous companies , sold off some; laid-off many in order to maximize share-holder profits at company expense. What's more important? Private-profit of a wealthy few or community solidarity and prosperity of the majority?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veterans Hospital in Elsmere ,De Nov 21 RighteousRobert 2
know Nov 10 flood3375 1
I said what do you wanna see when Davis here an... Nov 10 kleemanforssver35 8
Cabo Verde Capital Inc. Acquires Two Assets Nov 10 John bailey 1
Needing party with some girls. Nov 6 Pork chop 1
Delaware unclaimed property Nov 4 James 1
Diabeticine And Diamaxol: The Fda And Diabetes ... Oct 31 robertsongribble26 1

Wilmington News Video

Wilmington Dating
Find my Match