Hatfield-McCoy auditions draws large crowd

Jun 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Williamson Daily News Online

They came from near and far to the City of Williamson on Tuesday for the opportunity to audition for an unscripted reality-type series that will feature descendants of the Hatfield and McCoy clans.

Comments
1 - 20 of 240 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
wedgit

Apple Grove, WV

#1 Jun 13, 2012
Jessica Hatfield-McCoy, a Delbarton native and local Christian singer who laughed and told the producers that she was “double-trouble” since she was a Hatfield by birth and then married a McCoy;

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - Hatfield McCoy auditions draws large crowd
bismark

Bridgeport, WV

#2 Jun 13, 2012
yeh...double-trouble re-tard...lol
Rick

Logan, WV

#3 Jun 14, 2012
I'm sooooo sick of this Hatfield-McCoy shit.
I wish they would have killed each other out and we wouldn't have to see this crap. Makes us look so damn stupid.
LOL

Whitman, WV

#4 Jun 14, 2012
bismark wrote:
yeh...double-trouble re-tard...lol
LMFAO!!!
Tru dat

New York, NY

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Rick wrote:
I'm sooooo sick of this Hatfield-McCoy shit.
I wish they would have killed each other out and we wouldn't have to see this crap. Makes us look so damn stupid.
The mini-series set records, and it is bringing in lots of money for West Virginia in regards to tourism.

The Feud would have been seen in a more positive lighf if the US govt was running propaganda on it. Maybe the McCoys would have had "weapons kf mass destruction" or some such nonsense. Then all would be happy to sing the National Anthem when the fight was really about oil or a pig, etc.
what

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>The mini-series set records, and it is bringing in lots of money for West Virginia in regards to tourism.

The Feud would have been seen in a more positive lighf if the US govt was running propaganda on it. Maybe the McCoys would have had "weapons kf mass destruction" or some such nonsense. Then all would be happy to sing the National Anthem when the fight was really about oil or a pig, etc.
Oil???
what

United States

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>The mini-series set records, and it is bringing in lots of money for West Virginia in regards to tourism.

The Feud would have been seen in a more positive lighf if the US govt was running propaganda on it. Maybe the McCoys would have had "weapons kf mass destruction" or some such nonsense. Then all would be happy to sing the National Anthem when the fight was really about oil or a pig, etc.
Where did the "oil" come from....it was timber.
what

United States

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Rick wrote:
I'm sooooo sick of this Hatfield-McCoy shit.
I wish they would have killed each other out and we wouldn't have to see this crap. Makes us look so damn stupid.
REALLY!!!
Tru dat

New York, NY

#9 Jun 14, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the "oil" come from....it was timber.
"Oil" relates directly to the "weapons of mass destruction" propaganda our US govt cited as the reason in the Iraq conflict. The govt spins a meaningless war (meaningless at least to the regular citizen), into a great battle for freedom.

Likewise, the govt back in the Feud days could have used propaganda to make the actions of the feud participants more heroic.

Sorry you did not get the comparison.

In other words, the US govt is killing off our soldiers in Iraq to further the interests of "Big Oil," then they use propaganda to make the fallen soldiers out to be heroes when they really are just being used by the govt to make oil executives richer.

Those who are critical of the attempt to benefit from Appalachian history would likely praise it if the right marketing (i.e. Propaganda) was used to sell the idea.
what

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2012
Tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>"Oil" relates directly to the "weapons of mass destruction" propaganda our US govt cited as the reason in the Iraq conflict. The govt spins a meaningless war (meaningless at least to the regular citizen), into a great battle for freedom.

Likewise, the govt back in the Feud days could have used propaganda to make the actions of the feud participants more heroic.

Sorry you did not get the comparison.

In other words, the US govt is killing off our soldiers in Iraq to further the interests of "Big Oil," then they use propaganda to make the fallen soldiers out to be heroes when they really are just being used by the govt to make oil executives richer.

Those who are critical of the attempt to benefit from Appalachian history would likely praise it if the right marketing (i.e. Propaganda) was used to sell the idea.
Sorry...I truly didn't get.
oh yea

Dunbar, WV

#11 Jun 14, 2012
I bet they almost had a full set of teeth there!! Almost!
what

United States

#12 Jun 14, 2012
oh yea wrote:
I bet they almost had a full set of teeth there!! Almost!
I hope that you're not from WV, if you are...you're just adding to the other STUPID stereotypical people who make "fun" of our people and state!!!
no kin to me

Charleston, WV

#13 Jun 14, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you're not from WV, if you are...you're just adding to the other STUPID stereotypical people who make "fun" of our people and state!!!
well yeal look at these ppl scumie breads hair no teeth tourism who want to come here after seeing that show'gota pretty mouth ant he paw lol
Omg

Williamson, WV

#14 Jun 14, 2012
I heard many of our areas finest headed out for the auditions. Women who look like a chipmunk and have a speech impediment & are forever more trying to relive their teenage years and their hubby whose head looks like a hmm well just guess. Yelp, just the type of people we all want representing us.
what

United States

#15 Jun 14, 2012
no kin to me wrote:
<quoted text>well yeal look at these ppl scumie breads hair no teeth tourism who want to come here after seeing that show'gota pretty mouth ant he paw lol
Haven't you visited/been anywhere other than WV??? I can PROMISE you that EVERY state has people with no teeth!
agree

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jun 14, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you visited/been anywhere other than WV??? I can PROMISE you that EVERY state has people with no teeth!
agree!! mainly because every state has elderly ppl, welfare && people of poor hyigene the only innocent ones are the elderly.
1 post removed
what

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2012
From Lick Creek wrote:
<quoted text>Makes us look like dumbasses... you dumbass.
I also wish every Hatfield and McCoy was dead.
I live away from here.... and people are laughing. You stupid pricks!
You ARE from here DUMBASS or else you wouldn't have put "makes US look like dumbasses"! Think before you post next time....if your not from here and you wish they were dead, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CARE IDIOT!!!
Tru dat

Saint Albans, WV

#19 Jun 15, 2012
From Lick Creek wrote:
<quoted text>Makes us look like dumbasses... you dumbass.
I also wish every Hatfield and McCoy was dead.
I live away from here.... and people are laughing. You stupid pricks!
Most watched mini-series in history.

Tours are sold out.

People from as far away as China and Sweden have booked tours of the historical sites.

Sounds more like those who viewed the mini-series are intrigued. Those who complain likely did not watch it.

The Hatfields got involved because Devil Anse's brother was stabbed 20+ times. Seems like a more noble reason than trying to protect oil interests ( U.S. In Iraq) or the right to keep enslaving others (South in the Civil War).

If a screenwriter took the exact scenario and put it in an urban environment it would resemble the Godfather and likely be on everyone's list of top movies. Seems like your problem is more with the rural setting. In that regard, we are glad you left the area.
1 post removed
Candy Kane

Orlando, FL

#21 Jun 15, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you're not from WV, if you are...you're just adding to the other STUPID stereotypical people who make "fun" of our people and state!!!
I know after seeing that show i would rather go to Disney World in Florida. No hillbillies runnin around there and stinkin and missin teeth tryin to kill folks. Ya'll are not very clean or nice. Hop ya stay in the hills where ya belong.
Candy Kane

Orlando, FL

#22 Jun 15, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you're not from WV, if you are...you're just adding to the other STUPID stereotypical people who make "fun" of our people and state!!!
you are all stupid and stereotypical. All America just loves to watch the possums Uhh, hillbillies in WV and Ky carry on and lookin stupid. I really love the Wrong Turn movies, it shows ya like you are. Now eat yore possum shanks an pickled deer an git sum sleep Jethro.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr What will Obama d... 57,042
Infection 3 hr RaymondPoundedRick 6
Williamson PD adds two new policemen 3 hr Haha 47
Remembering Big Dave Tincher 4 hr Johnny v 2
missing man lenore laurel creek 5 hr just concerned 37
Who is getting divorced? suddenly single! Thu Lou Lou 31
Railroaders that cheat Aug 26 Donna Martin 9
•••
•••
Williamson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Williamson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Williamson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Williamson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Williamson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••