Indy fundraiser nets Edwards a meaty $75K

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A half-hour in an Indianapolis steakhouse Friday was all the time presidential hopeful John Edwards needed to rake in $75,000 in campaign contributions from 50 Hoosiers.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Art in Indy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

$75K won't even pay for the gas on his plane.

I think they overpaid him. He isn't worth that much!
Don

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

John Edwards was in town? Gee, I guess I was too busy flossing my teeth to notice. He'll be out of the race by fall, I think.
Real World

Fort Knox, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Why would John Edwards waste anymore time on Indiana than he has. It shows he uses good sense.

Indiana would elect Mickey Mouse for President as long as an "R" followed his name on the ballot.
JHCaryNC

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Well that's a waste of $75,000.00. As a displaced Hoosier now living in North Carolina, John Edwards' home state, I can assure any Hoosier that may be thinking of voting for him that he/she would be making a very grave mistake. Simply stated, John Edwards is a JOKE! As our Senator in NC, I don't think Edwards voted on more than 10 - 15% of the bills that came across his desk. At the same time, Elizabeth Dole voted on somewhere around 95% of those same bills. My percentages may be a bit off, but not by far. Anyway, as I see it, John Edwards ran for Senator for one reason...to further his own political agenda and ego. You know, if you study his record, he grew-up in a very modest home and became VERY RICH by suing Doctors, hospitals and possibily other entities in mostly malpractice suits. He's a good example of why most americans have an unfavorable image of attorneys! Use this info as you like, but if one were to poll North Carolinians, the very people Edwards was supposed to have represented as Senator, I think you would find VERY FEW will even consider casting their vote for him.
HA HA HA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

This makes Indianapolis attorneys seem like morons! John Kennedy? I think NOT! I wonder of how of this was pity money for his wife's cancer?$75,000 in 20 minutes -- who's the fool here?

Since: Jan 07

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Snark, snark, snark. I will not debate with the haters who have posted thus far; let us just wait and see who is a viable candidate, who comes out on top. John Edwards has a lot of support in Indiana; surprising since our primary is nearly last in the field. At last count he has nearly 30 support chapters across the state. This is a marathon, not a sprint. This race will not be over for a long time...
GoodIndy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

I am glad John Edwards came to Indiana. He isn't going to ignore the American people the way other candidates are. He's the man with a plan for our country and wants to turn us around. We'll be better off-except maybe the super-rich, who will get their unfair tax-cuts taken away. Edwards in 08!
Rats Patooty

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

A complete waste of money, he has no chance to be the democratic nominee. His thirst for power exceeds his family resonsibilty. In the end, he will not be the nominee, and his wife will be dead. In his final days, he will be filled with regret that he put his blind ambition for power above his wife and family. He is a true piece of trash.
A Realistic Democrat

Fort Knox, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Rats Patooty wrote:
A complete waste of money, he has no chance to be the democratic nominee. His thirst for power exceeds his family resonsibilty. In the end, he will not be the nominee, and his wife will be dead. In his final days, he will be filled with regret that he put his blind ambition for power above his wife and family. He is a true piece of trash.
What would you suggest they do, sit in their house and watch the clock till she dies? Maybe she wants her legacy to be that she helped her husband become President? Maybe she still wants to do something that "matters" for her and her husband before she dies. Obviously, they don't think like you do.

P.S.....and I seriously doubt if John Edwards (or any other Democrat) ever had your vote, anyway.
Third Eye

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Rats Patooty wrote:
At least he has ambition to help this country. What the hell have you done?
No Doubt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Was Julia at this fundraiser?
Daphne

Topsham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Rats, thank you for inspiring me to go to ActBlue and kick in my $50! Shall I hand you a shovel to start digging Elizabeth's grave already?

http://actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/16315
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

John who?
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

JHCaryNC wrote:
Well that's a waste of $75,000.00. As a displaced Hoosier now living in North Carolina, John Edwards' home state, I can assure any Hoosier that may be thinking of voting for him that he/she would be making a very grave mistake. Simply stated, John Edwards is a JOKE! As our Senator in NC, I don't think Edwards voted on more than 10 - 15% of the bills that came across his desk. At the same time, Elizabeth Dole voted on somewhere around 95% of those same bills. My percentages may be a bit off, but not by far. Anyway, as I see it, John Edwards ran for Senator for one reason...to further his own political agenda and ego. You know, if you study his record, he grew-up in a very modest home and became VERY RICH by suing Doctors, hospitals and possibily other entities in mostly malpractice suits. He's a good example of why most americans have an unfavorable image of attorneys! Use this info as you like, but if one were to poll North Carolinians, the very people Edwards was supposed to have represented as Senator, I think you would find VERY FEW will even consider casting their vote for him.
You said it the way it is. I couldn't have put it better.
Art in Indy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

That is because even Mickey Mouse is a better choice than any democrat. I don't you will find Mickey voting to surrender to Iraq the way our Democratic yellowbacked Congress did!
Real World wrote:
Why would John Edwards waste anymore time on Indiana than he has. It shows he uses good sense.
Indiana would elect Mickey Mouse for President as long as an "R" followed his name on the ballot.
AnonyRAT

Streamwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

What a loser. Even Giuliani raised a quarter million here.
Adan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Thanks for this story!
Third Eye

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Art in Indy wrote:
That is because even Mickey Mouse is a better choice than any democrat. I don't you will find Mickey voting to surrender to Iraq the way our Democratic yellowbacked Congress did!
<quoted text>
I didn't know we were fighting Iraq. Mission Acomplished was 3 years ago.
FORMER Flame Thrower

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

way to go Edwards, but you have work to do..the Republicans make about 200,000 everytime they give a big bash in Indiana..KEEP WORKING...
FORMER Flame Thrower

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Third Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know we were fighting Iraq. Mission Acomplished was 3 years ago.
You are wrong! the Republicans, Democrats, and Liberals are a bunch of Thugs that are robbing America Blind: The Bush Administration is pathetic; The Democrats don't have a spine; and the Liberal are a catch in between. The Congress and the Senate should be allowed to serve 4 years and then get out..WE need people who are not Rich Millionaires and folk who in touch with the people to lead this country. But that won't happen, because the Rich folk will kill their momma for POWER..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wilkinson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wilkinson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••