Suspected killer sought in North Braddock slaying

Jan 15, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Allegheny County homicide detectives and North Braddock police have obtained an arrest warrant in connection with the homicide of Randy Edwards, 26, of North Braddock, who was killed Sunday. via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2010
On the Hill

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 21, 2008
another day in North Braddock as they say, what improvements will the Police make for the town? where is the proactive approach? changes need made with the hierarchy
wondering

Annapolis, MD

#2 Jan 21, 2008
I am glad I got out of NB when I did. I come back to visit a couple times a year and it just keeps getting worse.
On the Hill

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 30, 2008
Indeed it keeps getting worse and the town has no plan to combat it, their excuse is section 8 instead of trying to control the section 8 population with strict enforcement, they give in
Buz Pastor

Brookville, PA

#4 Feb 14, 2010
I hate to see what some people say about North Braddock,I lived there 30 YEARS AND FEEL THE PEOPLE THERE ARE THE GREATEST, i HAD TO LEAVE FOR EQCONOMINCS . THE PEOPLE THERE ARE BEST ANYWHERE. DONT JUDGE EVERONE BY A FEW BAD APPLES
Fudd

Sewickley, PA

#5 Feb 15, 2010
Buz Pastor wrote:
I hate to see what some people say about North Braddock,I lived there 30 YEARS AND FEEL THE PEOPLE THERE ARE THE GREATEST, i HAD TO LEAVE FOR EQCONOMINCS . THE PEOPLE THERE ARE BEST ANYWHERE. DONT JUDGE EVERONE BY A FEW BAD APPLES
Hi buz how are you and the family.Your right on about your quote.You got a few jerks and punks that hide behind a computor screen,they don't have the guts to face you up front.But then again their in all towns,consider the source.Fortunately the majority of the people are good decent people
an old politican

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Feb 18, 2010
Fudd its good to hear you respond to these comments on this forum. Even if the comments you are responding to are slanted with peoples disapointments on their own life. The people close to you know and always knew you had the best interests of the town at heart. You always walked it like you talked it!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 18, 2010
an old politican wrote:
Fudd its good to hear you respond to these comments on this forum. Even if the comments you are responding to are slanted with peoples disapointments on their own life. The people close to you know and always knew you had the best interests of the town at heart. You always walked it like you talked it!!!
Does any of this have to do with the mayor in office? I know people have their own "self control & moral understanding", however does the mayor care about these neighborhoods at all?

Since: Feb 10

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Feb 18, 2010
I wish the new mayor and council a productive term sometime people need to put away small intersts and work together! I know the former mayor well and my personel feelings are he did the best with what he had! If we are in a boat filled with water we can bail out more water if we all bail the water!!! ps for all you grammer critics i mispelled interest and in my last post disappoints have a productve day!!!
question

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Feb 18, 2010
an old politician - who are you
fudd

Sewickley, PA

#11 Feb 18, 2010
an old politican wrote:
Thank you
Love the Mayor

North Versailles, PA

#12 Feb 20, 2010
I can tell you personally, that the Mayor came to my rescue recently with this snow storm. I think he is going to be really good. He is accessible and he is trying with what he has to work with. Give him time and you will see. He just took over recently.
steelsmithinc wrote:
<quoted text>
Does any of this have to do with the mayor in office? I know people have their own "self control & moral understanding", however does the mayor care about these neighborhoods at all?
braddock citizen

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Mar 4, 2010
i feel braddock and north braddock are good places. people are so worried about the people who struggle everyday to feed their families, when they need to address the police how they beat our young kids whenever the teenagers are no threat to law enforcement. whenever the police have warrants to go through someones home looking for certain people, but end up trashing the place and taking peoples hard earned money. not every black family are criminals its just not fare rent money and coin savings being tookn. address bad cops ,the mayor is ok he helps the community.
Ignorance is Bliss

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Mar 5, 2010
braddock citizen wrote:
i feel braddock and north braddock are good places. people are so worried about the people who struggle everyday to feed their families, when they need to address the police how they beat our young kids whenever the teenagers are no threat to law enforcement.
No Threat to Law Enforcement??? Really??? Last time I checked the police work to protect and serve the population of the town. When these "teenagers who are no threat" are on the corners dealing drugs, fighting, pretending to be in gangs, carrying firearms illegaly, and shooting one another, they ARE being a THREAT and DANGER to the lives of the people of the town, including the police. How many homicides has there been in the Braddock area in the past 10 years? A lot. All your comment shows is how ignorant you are to the situation. Its people like YOU, who are part of the problem, not the solution.

Oh, but im sure these "teenagers who are no threat" are not the ones on the street corners, or the ones who were engaging in the fights in the school, right? Probably Angels.

These "parents" (and I quote parents because they are far from it)are more concerned with themselves, than the care of their children. They let them roam the streets, come and go as they please, and dont care what they do. But, if the police catch them doing something illegal, of course its not the kids fault...nope, the police get blamed. Or if something else goes awry, they try to pawn the kid off to the police.

Maybe if the "parents" would teach these little angels ethics, morals, integrity, values, and have a little parental supervision over them; the problems with the teenages would not be as prevalent, and police would not have to be so aggressive in getting them off the street.

And so you dont have to type it, No its not everychild...But most.

And by the way, your right, why worry about the people who struggle to feed their families...thats what section 8 is for...right?
an old politician

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Mar 5, 2010
The only problem with police is they are selected from one race HUMAN their are good and bad. But why is it some people are QUICK to defend the criminal. The police were never intended to solve social ills or the moral decay of society. THOUGHT FOR TODAY CLEAN YOUR OWN HOUSE-CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!
Hahaha

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Mar 8, 2010
Nothing can ever change as long as the council still tries to run the town as if it were 40 years ago. The times have changed thus the thinking and mentality must as well. They do not want proactive efforts this keeps being made clear over and over again by their actions. I urge all residents to start raising questions and not settle for the poor choices being made politically behind back doors.
Locust Street

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Mar 8, 2010
Hahaha wrote:
Nothing can ever change as long as the council still tries to run the town as if it were 40 years ago. The times have changed thus the thinking and mentality must as well. They do not want proactive efforts this keeps being made clear over and over again by their actions. I urge all residents to start raising questions and not settle for the poor choices being made politically behind back doors.
You are part correct and part wrong. First, half of council are just yes people, like John V., and they worry about the next election and not the borough. You also have present and past leaders that did not want to rock the boat. Fudd, ex Mayor, people got things taken care of or the police were told not to do certain things. So enough blame is to go around. Let the new council work and see what they do, instead of closing your mind open it!
an old politician

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Mar 11, 2010
thats politics in america dont hate the players hate the game!!!!!!!!!
JDS

Bunker Hill, WV

#20 Mar 11, 2010
an old politician wrote:
thats politics in america dont hate the players hate the game!!!!!!!!!
Without players the game ends. But, too many people would rather be "big fish in a little pond." You can look at the politics in towns like Braddock, Rankin, etc. and understand why you have the environment you have. What do you expect when communities allow their local magistrate to orchestrate their politics, their police departments, and non-profits? How long will you let this go on? Doesn't anyone have the backbone to say, "That's enough! Stay away from our women! Stay out of our policy making!" Grow some, people.
an old politician

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Mar 13, 2010
more like a little fish in little pond. keys are declining tax base and no vison to merge towns!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Mr Johnson 3,933
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Yoda 51,313
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 11 hr EDDIE SWINDELL 161
North Braddock, Ghetto slum or not?? You decide. (Sep '09) Aug 22 isis2012 90
cell tower Aug 13 interested 1
WHATS YOUR OPION of THE WHITAKER POLICE DEP... Jul '14 interested 8
Police Chief (Feb '12) Jun '14 The Real Old Poli... 68
•••
•••
•••

Wilkinsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••