Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,790

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#51940 May 15, 2012
Ruth Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing has happened to some of my posts. I would post them, see them and they would disapear later. Mine were some good anti Obama .
More than likely that was Topix Moderators deciding whether or not to let then print or stay printed. You were being monitored.
Prepper

Midland, MI

#51941 May 15, 2012
Real Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Also On your post to Prepper about salt being worth it's weight in gold, if the SHTF. It reminded me that salt is a natural perservative and would be a most valuable stockpile.
Yes, salt is a valuable prepping item and cheap too. And it never goes bad. Even if it get wet and clumps together it is still usable unless contaminated.

The Romans used to value salt a great deal back during the empire. But one of the reasons they needed salt more is because they ate from lead plates and had lead poisoning which caused them to need to have more salt on their food in order to taste it.
Prepper

Midland, MI

#51942 May 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Prepper. Nice to see you back. BTW, speaking of birds. Something is killing penguins, as well as dolphins in the upper latitudes. Don't know if it is man-made or a natural occurrence because of climate change. Recently read something interesting if the SHTF. Stock up on salt. It will be literally worth its weight in gold, because there are few readily available sources in nature, and we need it to keep electrolyte balance. Unless...the New Madrid ruptures and we suddenly have oceanfront property (LOL).
Salt is a valuable prepping item and one of the least expensive and easiest items to store and will have a high barter value.

I usually stock up with the iodized salt. Iodized salt is a good item for preventing problems with the thyroid gland.
disappearing posts

Georgetown, KY

#51943 May 15, 2012
Ruth Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing has happened to some of my posts. I would post them, see them and they would disapear later. Mine were some good anti Obama .
they don't seem to want any sensitive subjects too close to the truth to be discussed, while they tolerate vulgarity and profanity from the likes of fartman and licma. That's why I believe these idiots are actually mods themselves since they seem to want to disrupt any intelligent discussion.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#51944 May 15, 2012
Real Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Also On your post to Prepper about salt being worth it's weight in gold, if the SHTF. It reminded me that salt is a natural perservative and would be a most valuable stockpile.
You are right about salt. Buy regular salt, buy sea salt, buy a couple of big salt blocks. It's not "if" SHTF but "when" it does. I'll go out on a limb here and say we won't make it through August. Watch for basics like milk and bread to go WAY up. Then just keep track of things you buy on a regular basis. You will be able to trade salt for other things you won't be able to find. And, watch for things in all food stores to be in low supply. There was once a 30 day food supply in the USA, counting on imports. Now it's more like 22 days. When things get flaky, watch the shelves empty out.

When you see the National Guard show up "for our protection against terrorism" look for some blue helmet NATO uniforms interspersed with them. There's a reason for that.

Let's all pray we make it until November. If we do, we should be OK.
ripintonerdy

Georgetown, KY

#51945 May 15, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>But you are not acting as a news group, but idle chit chat, this is'nt a message board. You are the one that needs to go onto F/B. Or better yet why don't you start you own topix thread in your home town of E'town. All of your chit chat buddies can tune in there. Also you described it: "They hijack threads and spew their versions of morality while avoiding the topic or lending anything of real value to the discussion." Isn't that what you have done?
what have you added that is anything of value to the discussion?
Real Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#51946 May 15, 2012
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about salt. Buy regular salt, buy sea salt, buy a couple of big salt blocks. It's not "if" SHTF but "when" it does. I'll go out on a limb here and say we won't make it through August. Watch for basics like milk and bread to go WAY up. Then just keep track of things you buy on a regular basis. You will be able to trade salt for other things you won't be able to find. And, watch for things in all food stores to be in low supply. There was once a 30 day food supply in the USA, counting on imports. Now it's more like 22 days. When things get flaky, watch the shelves empty out.
When you see the National Guard show up "for our protection against terrorism" look for some blue helmet NATO uniforms interspersed with them. There's a reason for that.
Your last line reminded me of an old Merle Haggard tune "If We Make It Throough December". I think I will go look for it on Youtube.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#51947 May 15, 2012
LICMABALS wrote:
TIME for pond report
FRog on bank humpin frog check
FRog on bank takin dump
unusual smell like jet fuel check
FRog on bank lookin at another frog check
FRog on bank sees scruffy lookin mut check
FRog on bank sees scruffy mut licenhisarse
FRog on bank has a cup of FOLGERS check
FRog on bank says coffee suks check
FRog on bank says coffee taste like
SCHIT
STAY TUNED FOR NEXT FROG REPORT
This beats the schitt out of that stupid earthquake report. So Cool.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#51948 May 15, 2012
Ruth Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#51949 May 15, 2012
Real Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last line reminded me of an old Merle Haggard tune "If We Make It Throough December". I think I will go look for it on Youtube.
It's there! And as great as it ever was! Good catch.

You're li Lexington? Ever make it out to DoughDaddy's right where you get on the BlueGrass PKWY. Best doughnuts ever!

Location hidden

#51950 May 15, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>Just saying, why wouldn't a person be able to remove the salt from the sea water, through evaporation? I've noticed that a lot of things are salted with sea salt..
Yes, you can. But KY is far away from the ocean, as well as far away from the natural salt flats. If the SHTF, we would be out of luck getting salt. That's why I made that off-beat comment about the New Madrid fault and oceanfront property.

Location hidden

#51951 May 15, 2012
Real Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the preservatives. Never thought about that. So...I will stock up on salt...table salt, sea salt, course ground salt for preservatives, etc.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#51952 May 15, 2012
Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Salt is a valuable prepping item and one of the least expensive and easiest items to store and will have a high barter value.
I usually stock up with the iodized salt. Iodized salt is a good item for preventing problems with the thyroid gland.
I'll tell ya pecker. Instead of stock piling all of that salt with iodine, just drink 15-20 bottles of iodine. That should take care of the thyroid problem. No need to thank me. Glad to help you.

Teddy
Real Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#51953 May 15, 2012
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's there! And as great as it ever was! Good catch.
You're li Lexington? Ever make it out to DoughDaddy's right where you get on the BlueGrass PKWY. Best doughnuts ever!
Made it there many times and they are good. I worked in Lexington for many years, but never lived there and commuted via the BG Pkwy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#51954 May 15, 2012
Ruth Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
That crap was off topic. Post the political stuff on the political topics. This topic is being cleaned up of all the riff-raff.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#51955 May 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the preservatives. Never thought about that. So...I will stock up on salt...table salt, sea salt, course ground salt for preservatives, etc.
Most of you are already pickled with alcohol. No salt needed with you lushes.

Location hidden

#51956 May 15, 2012
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely. Our freedoms are dwindling day by day, and the SHTF scenario is real; I just don't know what form it will take. What do you think?
unas ugly goat

Nashville, TN

#51958 May 15, 2012
Let's play a game, TOPIX!

Wink Martindale
Philadelphia, PA
And it's OVA! I wanted to see how long it would take before UNA (or roam) would come in and interrupt. It took 1 (one, won, Juan) post into the thread.

Congratulations on ruining the thread before it ever got started. How do you sleep with yourself at night knowing you're this addicted to something other than cigarettes or poosay?. I mean, aside from the empty, grease stained hamburger-chain wrappers and "seed-stained" Kleenex... How do you sleep at night? Seriously.

Strokin_Bandit
United States

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You found out, now get your stupid games and arse out of here. Would you like to have the pillow that I dream off on? Stink Fartindale indeed, that jenny jawed looking ass.

OK, gang. Here's the game. Let's take UNA's post full of suck (like the one quoted above) and make it better. 1st place wins an Oster brand toaster oven. Everyone else, we have some nice parting gifts for you. OK, I'll start:

"You are enlightened beyond all others, and if people play your clever and witty games instead of giving me the attention I so desperately seek, I'll be very jealous and hi-jack your thread. Get out of here, I feel threatened. You can have the pillow I bite every night while my big Mexican bullqueer enters me. Wink Martindale, indeed, you are the boss around here. My jaw would get sore pleasing you.".-UNA

OK gang. That's how you do it. Feel free to make every post he makes better in any thread he pops up in. We'll be back in 2 and 2.

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/scottsville-k...

Maybe we could just all go over to Scottsville and play a game. Post on all of una and tpr's sites they rule and keep posting all their locals comments about them. Seems like there are a lot since these clowns continue to interrupt every thread in the state with their vulgarity.

If they don't leave this thread and stick on their own bullshit love fest with a couple ugly girls,(which are probably your sisters or cousins or each of you) reposting as someone else, spinning locations, yet accusing many people of doing the same thing no matter where the location is. Real losers. Keep posting crap bothering these people and we can have a hate fest on your forum and invite everyone we know or don't know to come join us. There's a lot. You would hope you could only see Godvine's, earthquake reports, java talk, gardening, dog stories, or anything else these people talk about.

Your choice. tap, tap, tap, waiting.... what's it gonna be. LEAVE
unas ugly goat

Nashville, TN

#51959 May 15, 2012
Speaking of riff raff...here's one their new buddy started on him:

TINpokeyriden
started by:

LICMABALS
Horse Cave, KY

yes tinpokey likes it in the pipe with a little WD 907 you can pack that fudge and he likes it pumped tite and he will give u a ballsaclicen too just say zagnuts he will respond

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/scottsville-k...

We can do this all night. Let everyone see who you slimeballs are.
Real Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#51960 May 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely. Our freedoms are dwindling day by day, and the SHTF scenario is real; I just don't know what form it will take. What do you think?
I think we are seeing some of it right here on this thread with nonsense being interjected in an attempt to stop any discussion on survival in a catastrophe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Handyman willing to work nude for ladies (Aug '10) 25 min allen in spfld 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min JimmyJack 134,312
Farmers Flea Market (Jul '14) 1 hr tom 5
Is Williamsburg a nice place to live? (Jun '14) 9 hr Hugo 13
Saw Bucks Bingo (Feb '09) Sat kutedymples 6
Jailer (Feb '14) Feb 24 wonder 33
Jail to close Jan 15 (Dec '12) Feb 20 friedtaters 138

Flood Warning for McCreary County was issued at March 01 at 4:54PM EST

Whitley City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Whitley City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance