Food Stamps being cut on NOVEMBER 1st

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
guest

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 8, 2013
 
Why is the government cutting everyones food stamps starting on Nov 1st. That will make it rough on everyone especially during the holidays.
Big check

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 8, 2013
 
Well I'm glad I saved shells for deer elk turkey we won't starve
Prob just a rumor

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
Why is the government cutting everyones food stamps starting on Nov 1st. That will make it rough on everyone especially during the holidays.
Where did you hear this news? Get a paper in the mail or something?
lmao

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Maybe that is a good sign you should look for a JOB!! Fair warning i would say...don't just sit on the computer and cry about it...hell if you have a computer and internet you probably should be eligible any damn way!
thats right

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

That was a good one!! I totally agree! I think the government should start cutting everything that is given to these people that has never worked a day in their life and keep having kids for me to support.
Comeuppance

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

They should be made to go to a soup kitchen instead of giving them cards so they can buy whatever they want while hard-working tax-payers have to be sensible at shopping.
stamps

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

lmao wrote:
Maybe that is a good sign you should look for a JOB!! Fair warning i would say...don't just sit on the computer and cry about it...hell if you have a computer and internet you probably should be eligible any damn way!
what you talking about you people talk about us but you buy pop off us for nothing I'm tired of hearing this crap about a job an tax payers money . But what you don't understand is your not paying your taxes for buying pop off us if you ask me your not paying your taxes either an getting pop for 4buks a 24 pack I'd be a shame!! An to tell me I need a job what for when it comes in the mail why would you work. Sounds like you the one that needs a job pal
orly

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I don't care if you work. I don't care if you draw a check. However, if you wish for innocent kids to starve, because their parents are lazy, then I hope somebody puts a bullet in your skull. You should make the world a better place and put it there yourself.
lmao

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

OK first off if your dumb enough to pay $8 a case and sale it for $4 then yes I am going to buy it.I have to hunt down deals and use coupons because I work hard, if you had to work for them it would be a little harder for you to trade them $1 for every $2.. you would appreciate them and use them wisely!!
lmao

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

orly wrote:
I don't care if you work. I don't care if you draw a check. However, if you wish for innocent kids to starve, because their parents are lazy, then I hope somebody puts a bullet in your skull. You should make the world a better place and put it there yourself.
if the food stamps were used wisely it would be no big deal...half these ppl getting them trade them or sale them, half these kids are still starving..I've seen ppl tell their kids no to food and buy cigarettes...if ppl are able to work we. need a place to do job placement. Not hand out debit cards paid for by the working people(which couldn't get help if they were dying)
Jess

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Prob just a rumor wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you hear this news? Get a paper in the mail or something?
Please GOOGLE "Snap Benefits November" it will tell you of the cutting of the benefits. I hope everyone will be ok hopes no one starves.
I WORK

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

I WORK FULL TIME AND I ONLY GET PAID MINIMUM WAGE SO YES I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SNAP BENEFITS TO HELP FEED MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE THE DADDY DIVORCED ME AND WON'T HELP! JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FOOD STAMPS DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T WORK!! I'M ALSO A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT TRYING TO BETTER MYSELF FOR MY DAUGHTER AND I. EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING!! IT'S ONLY GOING TO CUT ME $20 (FAMILY OF TWO) SO IT WON'T EFFECT MUCH IN THIS HOUSEHOLD. I BELIEVE IF YOU ARE STARVING ON MINIMUM WAGE THEN YES, GO FOR IT! PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO JUDGE THESE DAYS. NEXT TIME YOU SEE SOMEONE USING A SNAP CARD, PRAY FOR THEM RATHER THAN GIVE DIRTY LOOKS OR MAKE REMARKS ON HERE!!
considering

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

orly wrote:
I don't care if you work. I don't care if you draw a check. However, if you wish for innocent kids to starve, because their parents are lazy, then I hope somebody puts a bullet in your skull. You should make the world a better place and put it there yourself.
so the stampers buy crap of pop so they can resale ( is a miss use of Goverment Aid) buy red bulls is to.. 99% of the time there getting drug money. the food stampers dont care about there kids if they did they would teach them work ethic instead of how to sit on ur a$$ and get paid to be a sorry A%%
good 4 u

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

orly wrote:
I don't care if you work. I don't care if you draw a check. However, if you wish for innocent kids to starve, because their parents are lazy, then I hope somebody puts a bullet in your skull. You should make the world a better place and put it there yourself.
well put does anyone care about the children any more and some of the parents aren't able to work
stamps

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 10, 2013
 
That's alright pay regular price for you pop keep bitching an I will make you pay top dollar
stamps

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's already went up 4.50 it was 4.00 on 24 pack keep bitching
Wifo

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Hope you have fun judging others. I have 3 children all by the same man who was my husband. He died of cancer after we had been married 12 years. I am a full time student plus i work full time. I get food stamps and medicaid because my children need it. Mine goes for food not selling pop etc. font lump everybody that are on assistance in with the skanks and druggies. Some of us really need help. Who are you to judge? I pray to GOD that you never know what it feels like to have to swallow your pride so your kids will have medical care and food. I would do anything for my children. Including having to deal with people like you who look down on people who need help. Do you not have a heart? Dont judge all because of some. My oldest read this thread and asked if we were nasty people because we get snap benefits. Thank you.
Stamps

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wifo wrote:
Hope you have fun judging others. I have 3 children all by the same man who was my husband. He died of cancer after we had been married 12 years. I am a full time student plus i work full time. I get food stamps and medicaid because my children need it. Mine goes for food not selling pop etc. font lump everybody that are on assistance in with the skanks and druggies. Some of us really need help. Who are you to judge? I pray to GOD that you never know what it feels like to have to swallow your pride so your kids will have medical care and food. I would do anything for my children. Including having to deal with people like you who look down on people who need help. Do you not have a heart? Dont judge all because of some. My oldest read this thread and asked if we were nasty people because we get snap benefits. Thank you.
alright pop just raised 50cents so now it's the same as the stores without tax keep growling . I'm sorry for your husband an I'm glad you take care of your kids that's great that's what all parents should do period . I have no kids I live here an there. I lost my job got laid off my unemployment ran out . I have no money no wife an no job an not on drugs an dont sale drugs an no income but my food stamps.i like to buy things with money as well . pop keeps a raising as we speak but agin yes it's great that you take care of your family
Grumpy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

I WORK wrote:
I WORK FULL TIME AND I ONLY GET PAID MINIMUM WAGE SO YES I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SNAP BENEFITS TO HELP FEED MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE THE DADDY DIVORCED ME AND WON'T HELP! JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FOOD STAMPS DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T WORK!! I'M ALSO A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT TRYING TO BETTER MYSELF FOR MY DAUGHTER AND I. EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING!! IT'S ONLY GOING TO CUT ME $20 (FAMILY OF TWO) SO IT WON'T EFFECT MUCH IN THIS HOUSEHOLD. I BELIEVE IF YOU ARE STARVING ON MINIMUM WAGE THEN YES, GO FOR IT! PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO JUDGE THESE DAYS. NEXT TIME YOU SEE SOMEONE USING A SNAP CARD, PRAY FOR THEM RATHER THAN GIVE DIRTY LOOKS OR MAKE REMARKS ON HERE!!
. I dont really think that its the person actually being on the foodstamps that all is in an uproar. Plz correct me if im wrong. State or government help is a helpful thing when used right. In ur case where being a single parent and working trying to make ends meet plus goin to school (i applaude u) they make all the difference in the world. But when u see someone go through foodcity wity graveyard humped buggies paying with foodstamps and then take them outside snd put them in the back of a escalade something aint quite right.
Its hard

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

3

1

I have a job. I also get food stamps. I am single with children and on my single income, it is never enough. I will NOT buy pop, chips, etc with my food stamps. That is junk food and is gone in no time. I buy bulk, separate, and freeze. I plan a week's worth of meals, make a list and buy what I can with the food stamps. I don't buy name brand, I don't buy expensive stuff just because I can. I spread it out over the month instead of using it all up at once. I also agree to drug testing for public assistance. I had to drug test for my job, so I have no problem drug testing for assistance. I am so grateful for food stamps. I worry constantly about money and how to save up for my kids' college. At least I don't have to worry about my kids being hungry. I have heard they will soon not allow the purchase of pop with food stamps. I agree. If you are using them wisely, you would know that you can buy 24 bottled waters at Sav-A-Lot for $2.29. That's a big difference from soda. And, its better for your kids, and better for their teeth too. I can't stop people from wasting their assistance, but please, don't lump us all together into one category. I work hard, pay my taxes, raise my kids right, take them to church, and do the best I can, but I couldn't make it without food stamps. I thank the Lord EVERY day that I do not need to utilize Welfare, and that I have a job. I get cut DEEP when it comes to taxes and I pray my tax money goes to people like me who are working hard to try and set a good example for their kids, but need a little temporary help :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Whitesburg Forum right now

Search the Whitesburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min curious 122,775
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min conservative crapola 138,685
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Hum 81,201
red mustang with white hood 1 hr tom 6
scottie joe short (Jul '13) 2 hr kenny 7
Letcher man who starred in snake-handling TV sh... 2 hr kenny 3
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr nope 920
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitesburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Whitesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••