Next Last

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Needing info on homeschooling my children. How do you start this process? Can you do it online?
Teacher Teacher

Jeremiah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

newbie wrote:
Needing info on homeschooling my children. How do you start this process? Can you do it online?
Just don't do it! It is the most ignorant thing you can do for your child. Let them grow up normal, have friends, watch television and do all the things normal kids do. So what if they hear the f-word or the sh-word? what the Hell? Like they ain't gonna hear them out in the real world? The Pentecostal Faith makes me sick starting that stupid shit and destroying their kids to where they can't possible get a college education and become functional in our society. Now, take my advice and let your child be a normal child and not some sack-dress wearing freak we see round here thinking they're the only one's gonna make it to the Pearlt Gates. They're only going to be young once. Let them experience life as it was meant to be.
a parent

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

I was going to homeschool my child because of bullying!....it's hard to let your child deal with stupid kids and the school system, i was told by a principal they get behind and if you decide to put them back in public school, they have to take a test and if they don't pass they have to repeat that grade!...if this is why your wanting to do this,(DON'T)...your child deserves to go to public school just as much as these other kids do!
no no

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

please think twice before homeschoolong yr child. These kids are almost always socially challenged and cannot even carry on a conversation. Most of the parents practically chew their childrens food for them, they are not allowed to think for their selves. All children need some time away from Mommy in order to figure out who they are. I have seen some (not many) who actually had a good education but were so backwards that when u ask their name they look to mommy to answer for them.
teacher

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

bullying is a problem but if your child never learns to handle a bully, what happens when someday, as grownups they have a bullying boss or their next door neihbor is a bully. Everyone has to learn to deal with their peers and you helicopter moms are destroying them by taking care of every problem cause you think your child is to good to live in the real world
a parent

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

teacher wrote:
bullying is a problem but if your child never learns to handle a bully, what happens when someday, as grownups they have a bullying boss or their next door neihbor is a bully. Everyone has to learn to deal with their peers and you helicopter moms are destroying them by taking care of every problem cause you think your child is to good to live in the real world
You got that sh*t straight!...i do think my son is to good for that crap!and if your a real teacher, you need your @ss kicked!...my son can handle life just fine without these ignorant children hurting my child or anyone elses!....i'm sick of hearing "we can't watch everyone's child"...well!...I pay your salary!...and i pay school Tax!...and if you would take care of the bully in the first place, then this sh*t wouldn't keep happening!....PARENTS!...this is why you have to be involved in your childs life, because of low-life teachers like this!...teachers like you get on my last nerve!..and you are dry-humping it!
wow

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

I think it's a wonderful idea. You can't depend on strangers to educate your children. There are plenty of social activities outside of a classroom setting. Do what you think is best for your baby, no one can tell you yay or nay on the subject. I'm already considering it myself and my son is only 9 months old!
kyrunna

Fort Knox, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

all you have to do is get a game plan together write a letter to your local board of education and be ready it is challenging but worth it in long run
go for it

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

a parent wrote:
<quoted text>You got that sh*t straight!...i do think my son is to good for that crap!and if your a real teacher, you need your @ss kicked!...my son can handle life just fine without these ignorant children hurting my child or anyone elses!....i'm sick of hearing "we can't watch everyone's child"...well!...I pay your salary!...and i pay school Tax!...and if you would take care of the bully in the first place, then this sh*t wouldn't keep happening!....PARENTS!...this is why you have to be involved in your childs life, because of low-life teachers like this!...teachers like you get on my last nerve!..and you are dry-humping it!
if your child is being bullied go for it the reason i say this is because my child went through the bullying and its not good at all for 3 years we had to put up with it.now my child stays very depressed is very closed up and does not want to socialize with others at all.if i could go back i would never have sent my child to high school. i would have choosen home school they are some really cruel people out there and they can crush someone else emotionally and destroy their lives with bulling and cruel words.my child is now a young adult who suffers with depression, panic attacks, anemia, weight loss and stays closed off from everyone its sad.the doctor actually told me that the stress from high school caused it.you go for it and im sure your child we be better off in the long run.i regret that i didnt...
Kentucky native

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

If you want your child to succeed in life, "Do not home school!"

Home schooled kids tend not to do well in college, if they go at all. Too many of them do not know how to interact with people who are different from themselves, people who do not share their religious beliefs, culture, etc. A lot of the ones who are "Christian" home schooled are also programmed with a sort of intellectual template that prevents them from assimilating anything and everything that does not fit the template, be it history, science, etc.
bill

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

My daughter went through home school and works as a nurse at pikeville and it did not bother her socially. On the act test she took she made 22 and her husband who went through high school just made 23 so do not say you cant learn it just is how much effort you want to put into it.
Anonymous

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I homeschool my children, always have and always will. I take it very serious, I use the best christian curriculum that I can afford and I take my job very seriously! If you are willing to sacrifice time and energy and you are doing it for the right reasons, you and your child benefit greatly. Colleges beg for homeschoolers to come to their schools because their SAT and ACT scores are usually thru the roof. We are teaching our children almost 2 full grades ahead of their public peers in the same grade. Because their test scores are usually so much higher, the opposers want to make an issue about socialization...what a joke? Really? What social skills do I want my children learning...How to do drugs, get pregnant at 14? How to be disrespectful and lazy? NOT! Homeschoolers are usually your most well rounded individuals that can not only socialize with others their own age but all ages. They are usually your concerned citizens that will lobby for important causes, volunteer their time and go to college fully prepared to go there and not goof off their first year or two. Educators don't like them because they take $$ out of their school (which by the way we put their with our taxes). They also only see the Not So serious homeschoolers that get mad, pull their kids out and "homeschool" for awhile and put them back in and they are behind. Don't do it unless you are serious because you will only hurt our cause! There are over 2 million in the US, we are proud and strong and doing an excellent job of raising respectful, hard working, Godly children...If led, others need to take up their responsibility and educate their own children. It just has to be a personal conviction/decision. And the law is on your side...just send a letter of intent to your school board.
bill

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

WELL SAID
worked good for us

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

I also homeschooled my daughter and it was wonderful for us..we had no problems with it..she had a very active life and lots of friends and did everything she would have if she had been in school..she scored a 23 on the act test and is now enrolled in the nursing program at morehead this year..so plz do not say that homeschooled kids can not do as good as other kids..it's like anything else.. you get out of it what you put into it..Not saying it will work for all but with the results I got I would recommend it..it's worth a try and good luck if you choose to do so..
meee

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

I wanted to homeschol my children and I still might, but it was because I was planning on moving and I don't want to send them to school somewhere that I don't know the teachers or the area. After I got used to the area and met some people I would have considered putting them back in public school. As for the person the started this post, there has been a commercial on TV lately about public online schooling. I think it's k12.com . u can probably google it and find the one i am talking about. The commercial said it was free too. If I do move from here I will certainly be looking in to it for my kids.
Homeschooler

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

YES! Please Homeschool your children!!:) I am homeschooled and it's one of the things I am most grateful for! Do not listen to anyone who tells you not to do it, that have NO IDEA what they are talking about! I have plenty of social skills, I can talk all day to any stranger! There's so many important things a kid can learn by homeschooling that they miss out on in public school! I have many friends that go to public school and tell me how badly they wish their parents would Homeschool them! I'm 16 & I'm graduating in the spring and plan to become a vets. Asst. I know just as much about how the world works as the next kid. Homeschooling DOESSS NOTTT handicap kids! Please by all means Homeschool yours, you & your children both will be glad you did :)
Aslo, I would like to add I wear skirts, it is part of my belief, I am not ashamed of it! I get treated just the same! I have many friends who do not believe the same as me, and friends who do not go to church at all. They don't look at me any different & it in no way makes me a freak:) so to those who think homeschooling & wearing skirts make you a freak, think again! Because it dont!:)
Teacher too

Jeremiah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

mom2mine wrote:
I homeschool my children, always have and always will. I take it very serious, I use the best christian curriculum that I can afford and I take my job very seriously! If you are willing to sacrifice time and energy and you are doing it for the right reasons, you and your child benefit greatly. Colleges beg for homeschoolers to come to their schools because their SAT and ACT scores are usually thru the roof. We are teaching our children almost 2 full grades ahead of their public peers in the same grade. Because their test scores are usually so much higher, the opposers want to make an issue about socialization...what a joke? Really? What social skills do I want my children learning...How to do drugs, get pregnant at 14? How to be disrespectful and lazy? NOT! Homeschoolers are usually your most well rounded individuals that can not only socialize with others their own age but all ages. They are usually your concerned citizens that will lobby for important causes, volunteer their time and go to college fully prepared to go there and not goof off their first year or two. Educators don't like them because they take $$ out of their school (which by the way we put their with our taxes). They also only see the Not So serious homeschoolers that get mad, pull their kids out and "homeschool" for awhile and put them back in and they are behind. Don't do it unless you are serious because you will only hurt our cause! There are over 2 million in the US, we are proud and strong and doing an excellent job of raising respectful, hard working, Godly children...If led, others need to take up their responsibility and educate their own children. It just has to be a personal conviction/decision. And the law is on your side...just send a letter of intent to your school board.
You said a ho lot to be saying nothing @ all mam! You know nothing of how society works and has been designed to work in miillions before you got here and will work for millions after you're gone. I'll bet yer daughter wears long dresses or skirts and stands out from the other nurses and that she probably eats lunch alone wherever she works.
school

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Go online and google "American school of correspondence" it is a good home school and cheap too. Btw people who are home
Schooled by this school are 10 times more educated and intelligent then any public school in the country.
another teacher
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

a parent wrote:
<quoted text>You got that sh*t straight!...i do think my son is to good for that crap!and if your a real teacher, you need your @ss kicked!...my son can handle life just fine without these ignorant children hurting my child or anyone elses!....i'm sick of hearing "we can't watch everyone's child"...well!...I pay your salary!...and i pay school Tax!...and if you would take care of the bully in the first place, then this sh*t wouldn't keep happening!....PARENTS!...this is why you have to be involved in your childs life, because of low-life teachers like this!...teachers like you get on my last nerve!..and you are dry-humping it!
A prime example of why students have difficulty with social skills to begin with. No child is ignorant. Children learn bad behaviors from observing adults. What nerve!
whatever

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

I bet teacher too is a pill head or drunk because a lot of kids wear long dresses and what is wrong with that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Whitesburg Forum right now

Search the Whitesburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Le Jimbo Le Loser 146,434
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Khatru 128,767
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr LMS 16,119
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr LMS 1,021
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr sallygreen 26,195
Susan trost (May '11) 9 hr Hmm 4
"Jesus" Place 12 hr holler 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitesburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Whitesburg People Search