Indiana woman whose fetus died in suicide attempt freed

May 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

A Chinese immigrant has been released on bond after more than a year in an Indianapolis jail on charges that she killed her 33-week-old fetus by eating rat poison.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2012
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

chopsticks and rice cakes. hope she values them because she does not value human life. perhaps she will go back to the orient. why didnt the judge order her to get sterilized. she needs to.
Jay Chong

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Although the legal defense (violation of due process, privacy and equal treatment sound unstable, I wish the best to Shuai. http://lawblog.legalmatch.com/2012/06/01/woma...
Richard

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Could this story make law enforcement and courts in Indy look any dumber? If this girl ingested rat poison, she was mentally ill..probably alone, exloited, no doubt. Possibly substance abuser since most of the sex traffickers are using crack and meth to keep girls on streets. She's been incarcerated for a year for being despondent about her life? I am sorry about the unborn fetus. Did this girl really deserve a year in jail? Check FBI stats, which contributed to the report that Indpls is one of the 10 most dangerous cities in US. I know. Surprised me too. But knowing what I know and have seen and learned through research, I believe it. Most of the girls are victims. It may be important for the predators to remember that.
Richard

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

I am stunned to find an online feed where old men reminisce about paying prostitutes on the streets of Indpls. some 50 or 60 years ago. WTF???
YOU all were criminals, committing crimes punishable by jail time. Now that you are old you want to revel in that behavior? Don't you have grandchildren, health problems....anything but this to do? If you patronized a prostitute, you are just like her. And if you can't see that, perhaps you still deserve that jail time.
not stupid

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Richard wrote:
I am stunned to find an online feed where old men reminisce about paying prostitutes on the streets of Indpls. some 50 or 60 years ago. WTF???
YOU all were criminals, committing crimes punishable by jail time. Now that you are old you want to revel in that behavior? Don't you have grandchildren, health problems....anything but this to do? If you patronized a prostitute, you are just like her. And if you can't see that, perhaps you still deserve that jail time.
2 key words that make them different...CONSENTING ADULTS
hocheemy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

ima hoosier wrote:
chopsticks and rice cakes. hope she values them because she does not value human life. perhaps she will go back to the orient. why didnt the judge order her to get sterilized. she needs to.
She is mentally ill. She should be sent back to her country for the help she needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whiteland Discussions

Search the Whiteland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... 52 min Pontificating 2
Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leavi... (Jun '13) 8 hr OnlineBlogger 44
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 21 hr Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 22 hr Coda1 1
They're Here Tue single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful Tue single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers Tue Ralph 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whiteland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000