Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Whitehall Forum

Comments (Page 1,066)

Showing posts 21,301 - 21,320 of51,334
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blow jonez

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22518
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'll do anything for some blow. ANYTHING! I'll cut my grandmother's head off and throat f**k her for a nickel bag.
blow jonez

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22519
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not accusing the majority of Americans who don't agree with gay marriage of being bigots? And would that be because they don't agree with your perspective on the situation? Could that be because you are not a religious person and most people who don't agree with gay marriage are? And, I don't understand how I am minimizing the importance of this issue. I'm simply discussing it with you in a rational way. I'm debating you fairly, without name calling. Isn't that what you always ask people to do? To have a rational discussion. I'm being willful in my intent to possibly make you see that those who oppose gay marriage are not bigoted as you would like to have us believe.
Gay men are my best customers. So married gay men would have more buying power and I could get more coke. It's a win win for me.
Roger

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22520
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

blow jonez wrote:
I'll do anything for some blow. ANYTHING! I'll cut my grandmother's head off and throat f**k her for a nickel bag.
Not a normal thought. Not even funny.
Roger

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22521
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so if 1.3 million people choose to deny equal protection to an entire class of American citizens then it's okay.
Good to know.
There's no difference between one person discriminating against a minority or 1.3 million people discriminating against a minority. Hell, if 1.3 million people do it, it's probably WORSE.
You continue to defend discrimination. It doesn't matter if you state your opinion on the matter - you are defending discrimination and that's bigotry.
Your problem is you don't know what discrimination and bigotry are.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22522
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
NC isn't the only state in this country that doesn't allow gay marriage. 32 states in these United States don't allow it.
I'm sure that the President's statement did give the LGBT community a boost, which in turn, will bring in more donations from them. He still says it is up to the people of the states to decide how they feel on the situation of gay marriage.
No, I don't have any gay friends, but that doesn't mean that I'm out of touch with the situation. Like I have said before, I don't have a problem with gay marriage/unions. But, I don't go around calling others who do have a problem with it bigots. For or against, everyone has their own right to feel the way they feel. I just choose not to categorize people into groups by calling them names, just because they don't agree with me.
Gay marriage is pretty much a done deal now even if individual states try to override it.

Marriage, in the eyes of the state, is a matter of public record.

If a gay couple married in Massachusetts and then relocated to North Carolina, their marriage is intact by the Full Faith and Credit clause in the US Constitution.

If the Supreme Court rules against, then other public records of a state, like a Driver's License, is now at risk.

Fed Constitution trumps State's Laws or Constitutions.
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22523
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Marriage has just become another mechanism for government to meddle in your personal affairs.

"When you marry with a marriage license, you grant the State jurisdiction over your marriage."

SOURCED: http://www.sovereignfellowship.com/tos/21.28/

Why anyone wants to bring the government into their business is beyond me.

Ask anyone who has been through a divorce how they liked the governments involvement in the dissolution of their marriage contract.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22524
May 10, 2012
 
xfactor wrote:
Marriage has just become another mechanism for government to meddle in your personal affairs.
"When you marry with a marriage license, you grant the State jurisdiction over your marriage."
SOURCED: http://www.sovereignfellowship.com/tos/21.28/
Why anyone wants to bring the government into their business is beyond me.
Ask anyone who has been through a divorce how they liked the governments involvement in the dissolution of their marriage contract.
Ahh, so you see that it is a business contract then.

For the low, low price of the cost of a marriage license, you get these recognized privileges, for better or worse:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marria...

Now if a gay couple wanted to do the same, what do you think the lawyer fees would be? And even then, some things cannot be recreated.

Equal protection under the law.

But "equal" is a bad word for those by circumstance of birth who are granted preferential treatment.

Strange how things have changed in a few short centuries; the founding fathers of the US rejected the notion of nobility. And yet, here we are bowing to the "job creator" aristocracy...
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22525
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>

But "equal" is a bad word for those by circumstance of birth who are granted preferential treatment.
Strange how things have changed in a few short centuries; the founding fathers of the US rejected the notion of nobility. And yet, here we are bowing to the "job creator" aristocracy...
Just ask Corzine, any other non-Goldman Sachs crony would at least be facing charges.

Don't forget Holders blatant contempt of court regarding the Fast and Furious subpoena.

I would say the real aristocracy are the megabank multinational corporations and the politicians and government officials they own and operate.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22526
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xfactor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask Corzine, any other non-Goldman Sachs crony would at least be facing charges.
Don't forget Holders blatant contempt of court regarding the Fast and Furious subpoena.
I would say the real aristocracy are the megabank multinational corporations and the politicians and government officials they own and operate.
Well, that gets into the silliness that corporations are citizens. If a corporation commits a crime worthy of a jail sentence, how do you put a business in jail?

And I don't buy into the CEO's deserve huge compensation because of the risk they are taking on. There's little risk for them anymore. Ya screw up, you get moved somewhere else but still do ok.

For example, who remembers Tony Hayward anymore? BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or Deepwater Horizon jog a memory? He had all his assets stripped from him and he's now a window-washing bum now, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hayward
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22528
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
First, danny BOY, you provide no evidence proving any of your "The majority of Americans supported..." statements. You have a history of making things up.
But, regardless, you're cherry picking.
"This is why we must not put the rights of minorities up for a vote - their rights will be denied." Do ALL minority populations merit protection from voter disapproval? What about the minority rights of pink haired people? pedophiles? the tattooed? NAMBLA members? the body pierced? motorcyclists? reptile lovers? Should their lifestyles be exempt from voter disapproval, too?
You're quick to sanctimoniously, hysterically, and arbitrarily draw your own line and accuse those of bigotry on the other side.
First chickenshit, your denial of the majority stance on slavery, Jim Crow, interracial marriage and segregation reveals just how far you will stoop to continue your dishonest personal attacks on me. Anyone who denies that the mere existence of those laws doesn't reflect the stance of the majority reveals that he is simply not a serious or honest person.

Second, comparing homosexuality to pedophilia or choice of motor vehicle further shows that you are not being serious or honest.

You are either so completely ignorant and morally stunted that you honestly can't tell the difference between sexual orientation and choice in hair dye or you are deliberately taking asinine positions just to find a way to argue with me.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22529
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not accusing the majority of Americans who don't agree with gay marriage of being bigots? And would that be because they don't agree with your perspective on the situation? Could that be because you are not a religious person and most people who don't agree with gay marriage are? And, I don't understand how I am minimizing the importance of this issue. I'm simply discussing it with you in a rational way. I'm debating you fairly, without name calling. Isn't that what you always ask people to do? To have a rational discussion. I'm being willful in my intent to possibly make you see that those who oppose gay marriage are not bigoted as you would like to have us believe.
I am certainly accusing those who deny marriage to homosexuals bigots. They are not the majority of Americans and I'm not doing it simply because I hold a different opinion.

This is an issue of equal rights and equal protection under the law. People who deny constitutional rights to other Americans are wrong - not because I say so any more than water is wet because I say so. It is an existential fact of reality, not a matter of opinion. Slavery was wrong, but not because I say so. Jim Crow was wrong, but not because I say so.

Continuing to claim that I disagree with people who do immoral things simply because they don't agree with my opinion is NOT a fair or a rational accusation, no matter what tone you use or whether or not you are name calling.

Do you think denying blacks the right to vote is wrong? Of course you do. Now if I claimed your condemnation of those who would deny blacks that right is nothing more than you being upset that they have a different opinion than you, you would be justifiably insulted, wouldn't you? This is no different. Denying fellow Americans equal standing is wrong - not because I say so any more than denying blacks the right to vote is wrong because I say so.

This is an issue of moral right and wrong. It is NOT a simple "difference of opinion." When you minimize the issue with that claim you are being insulting. And being insulting in a calm and reasonable manner is no less offensive.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22530
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not accusing the majority of Americans who don't agree with gay marriage of being bigots? And would that be because they don't agree with your perspective on the situation? Could that be because you are not a religious person and most people who don't agree with gay marriage are? And, I don't understand how I am minimizing the importance of this issue. I'm simply discussing it with you in a rational way. I'm debating you fairly, without name calling. Isn't that what you always ask people to do? To have a rational discussion. I'm being willful in my intent to possibly make you see that those who oppose gay marriage are not bigoted as you would like to have us believe.
Also - using religion to justify bigotry is as old as religion itself. It was used to justify slavery and second class status for women in the past and it is being used to justify second class status to homosexuals today.

Denial of civil rights is not a Christian position. Anyone who claims it is, is distorting Christianity to justify their bigotry.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22531
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xfactor wrote:
Marriage has just become another mechanism for government to meddle in your personal affairs.
"When you marry with a marriage license, you grant the State jurisdiction over your marriage."
SOURCED: http://www.sovereignfellowship.com/tos/21.28/
Why anyone wants to bring the government into their business is beyond me.
Ask anyone who has been through a divorce how they liked the governments involvement in the dissolution of their marriage contract.
What a dumb comment.

Where does the government get involved with your marriage or divorce?

I get it, you can't beat your wife?

You can't get divorced & throw your wife into the streets with nothing?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22532
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If you're gay, and you do not believe in "gay marriage", then don't get married.

Otherwise--It's no one's business. It's really that simple. That's a true conservative position.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22533
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not accusing the majority of Americans who don't agree with gay marriage of being bigots? And would that be because they don't agree with your perspective on the situation? Could that be because you are not a religious person and most people who don't agree with gay marriage are? And, I don't understand how I am minimizing the importance of this issue. I'm simply discussing it with you in a rational way. I'm debating you fairly, without name calling. Isn't that what you always ask people to do? To have a rational discussion. I'm being willful in my intent to possibly make you see that those who oppose gay marriage are not bigoted as you would like to have us believe.
You are deciding to deny certain rights under the law to a particular segment of our population. Discrimination? Bigotry as you thing gays as lesser beings?

The law doesn't care what your religion says. Marriage to government is like a contract that provides protects to those married & offers benefits such as social security & taxes, and by hospitals.

No one cares if you are personally against gay marriage. Just quit trying to legislate your views.

Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22534
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
First chickenshit, your denial of the majority stance on slavery, Jim Crow, interracial marriage and segregation reveals just how far you will stoop to continue your dishonest personal attacks on me. Anyone who denies that the mere existence of those laws doesn't reflect the stance of the majority reveals that he is simply not a serious or honest person.
Second, comparing homosexuality to pedophilia or choice of motor vehicle further shows that you are not being serious or honest.
You are either so completely ignorant and morally stunted that you honestly can't tell the difference between sexual orientation and choice in hair dye or you are deliberately taking asinine positions just to find a way to argue with me.
danny BOY begins the defense of his unsupported statements with farm animal scatology. What compelling adult language. More of the same from little danny BOY.

danny BOY, you stated that a MAJORITY OF AMERICANS: supported slavery, supported jim crow, opposed interracial marriage, supported racial segregation in the military and supported the denial of voting rights to blacks. You can't just make things up to fabricate a straw man to make your point. Had you merely stated that those groups historically experienced discrimination it would have been honest. But you didn't say that did you? It's doubtful that a MAJORITY OF AMERICANS supported those discriminatory practices and you offered no proof supporting your grandiose statements.

Your response, rather than offering any proof of your claims, is "Anyone who denies that the mere existence of those laws doesn't reflect the stance of the majority reveals that he is simply not a serious or honest person." How convenient. You provide no supporting evidence but rather accuse me of not being a serious, honest person in questioning your broad brushed and unsupported comments. You are a slippery liar, danny BOY.

That's so often the issue with you. You make things up, embellish, pad and lie shamelessly to support your point of view. You are a pathological liar and seem incapable of opining without lying or embellishing. When caught you typically name call and respond even more irrationally.

Actually I WAS being honest in querying your support of classes of people who often experience discrimination. My point was that you knee-jerk accuse those on the other side of YOUR issues as bigots. Apparently that's the measure. If danny BOY supports a class experiencing discrimination then those on the other side are bigots.

At the moment you are accusing approximately half of adult Americans bigotry.

You might gain a little credibility in using a scalpel rather than exclusively using a hammer.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22535
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Settle down or I'll send in Mitt Romney and his bikini wax kit!
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22536
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ted wrote:
It's doubtful that a MAJORITY OF AMERICANS supported those discriminatory practices and you offered no proof supporting your grandiose statements.
"It's doubtful." Also no proof.

I believe that laws stand because the majority supports them. And that when a majority no longer supports them, laws get changed. Nothing grandiose about that - that's how democracy works.

But for some reason, you don't think that's true.

I find that puzzling. But nothing I've ever posted has ever convinced you of anything, so there's no reason for me to put any energy into proving you wrong. I'll just leave it at this - your position makes no logical sense.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22537
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ted wrote:
Actually I WAS being honest in querying your support of classes of people who often experience discrimination. My point was that you knee-jerk accuse those on the other side of YOUR issues as bigots. Apparently that's the measure. If danny BOY supports a class experiencing discrimination then those on the other side are bigots.
At the moment you are accusing approximately half of adult Americans bigotry.
You might gain a little credibility in using a scalpel rather than exclusively using a hammer.
I might gain credibility with YOU if I did that? LOL! You're funny.

For some reason you aren't concerned about discrimination against your fellow Americans based on sexual orientation. Can you explain that? Can you explain why you seek to deny homosexuals equal protection under the law?
ac dc

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22538
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i want to marry my cat....whats the law say about that ???.....this way i get all the pussie i want.......
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

im all for gay marriage why cant people get along today?
its none of your business and none of mine..
abortion and gay rights and if you believe in god should not be the governments role to dictate....

as long as a couple are happy,.who cares what sex they are???????
as most marriages between a man and a woman end up in divorce ( 50-% rate in this country ) lets give the gays a shot at marriage... is it really gonna hurt you??
Affect your life? who cares!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,301 - 21,320 of51,334
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitehall Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Whitehall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••