Did you get your moms permission before you posted this?<quoted text>
You are deciding to deny certain rights under the law to a particular segment of our population. Discrimination? Bigotry as you thing gays as lesser beings?
The law doesn't care what your religion says. Marriage to government is like a contract that provides protects to those married & offers benefits such as social security & taxes, and by hospitals.
No one cares if you are personally against gay marriage. Just quit trying to legislate your views.
Posted in the Whitehall Forum
#22546 May 11, 2012
#22547 May 11, 2012
Dan the Man
For those who didn't know - Mitt Romney assaulted a gay kid when he was in prep school.
Valerie Jarrett to Trump:
You Can Forget About the Obama’s School Records
White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett said President Obama will not release his academic records, commenting a day after Obama put out his “long form” birth certificate and Donald Trump decided to press his luck by demanding Obama’s college transcripts.
“We know this is nonsense,” Jarrett said in an interview on The Joe Madison Show on SiriusXM on Thursday morning.
”He is almost 50 years old.
And he is president of the United States and I don’t think anybody will debate his intelligence and so now we do need to get serious…let’s just get serious…get back to focusing on what’s important.
Trump, on a birther roll as he explores a 2012 GOP presidential run, claimed credit for forcing Obama to finally release the “long form,” which proved what had been proved before–Obama was born in Hawaii.
Trump is now on another tangent, asking why Obama never released college transcripts and wondering how he got into Occidential and Harvard.
#22548 May 11, 2012
Yes, you'd gain more credibility with ME if you reduce your lying and dishonest embellishments and you would not have to hear my 'pathological liar' accusations. I won't hold my breath waiting. Telling things truthfully seems beyond you.
Here is another danny BOY embellished, unfounded and inaccurate lie to support what you WANT to be true: "you aren't concerned about discrimination against your fellow Americans based on sexual orientation."
You fail to notice it's not the issues I comment on. It's your LIES about the issues.
My personal opinion is that it's hard enough to be happy in life without needless arbitrary barriers preventing couples--man-woman, man-man, woman-woman--from committing legally to one another. I believe that couples committing to each other is a good thing.
Your assumption and accusation that I "seek to deny homosexuals equal protection under the law" is wrong. But that's what you do. You regularly make arbitrary, inaccurate, embellished and unsupported statements.
#22549 May 11, 2012
Oh, I see - you don't personally oppose extending equal rights to homosexuals, you just defend those who do. A distinction without a difference. What a typically cowardly position for you to take. LOL!
I do not lie. Every accusation you've made that I have lied has been nothing but a willful distortion of my words or claims that I've said things that I simply have not.
And I TOTALLY notice that you don't take positions on issues here. All you do is make dishonest personal attacks on me. I've said that over and over - your obsessive fixation on me is the whole reason you're here. It's your reason for being. Attacking me is what DEFINES you. I've been making that point forever, so it's nice to see you finally admitting it. Thank you.
#22550 May 11, 2012
If you simultaneously claim that what Mitt Romney did in high school is irrelevant while having a hissy fit that the President "eats dog" because it was served to him as a child ... you might have Obama Derangement Syndrome.
#22551 May 11, 2012
Obama Has Big Likability Edge Over Romney
"Registered voters are nearly twice as likely to say Barack Obama, rather than Mitt Romney, is the more likable of the two presidential candidates. Obama's 60% to 31% advantage on this characteristic is the largest for either candidate on five separate dimensions tested in a May 1-2 USA Today/Gallup poll."
Previously from Gallup...
Favorable Ratings as Predictors of the Election Outcome
"A positive sign for Obama's prospects of becoming the 44th U.S. president is that the candidate who has had the higher favorable rating among likely voters at the end of the election has been elected president each time since 1992."
Still waiting for the rightwingers to describe Romney's path to 270 electoral votes, but none seem to be able to do it.
I'm also still waiting for a list of Romney's accomplishments. Nobody wants to attempt that one either.
When your own party doesn't much like you and can't muster the energy to advocate for you, there's really not much chance that you can get elected to the hardest job in the world.
#22553 May 11, 2012
Seeems you have to copy and paste someones opinion...cant you think of one of your own????
thus the #65279 that is inserted in your post!!!! Means you took it from an opinion site....and we all know opinions are like azzholes,,,,,,,everyone has one.
#22554 May 11, 2012
So was Bush Sr and Bush Jr and Clinton and ,and and..........been that way for years...whats your point?
Business and corporations give money to their candidate......
Not even going the mention all the PAC money......
#22555 May 11, 2012
I'm not one who would deny gays to marry, as I've stated before. I can just understand the point of view of those who do not agree with it. I don't feel they are being bigots, I feel it is their right to feel the way they do, just as it is my right to think it should be allowed. But, I'm not going to call people bigots just because their point of view is different than mine. That is the problem that I have. There is no reason to be hateful and call them bigots.
Another thing, I don't see gay people as any lesser beings. I'll quit trying to legislate my views if you do the same.
#22556 May 11, 2012
seems everyone has no problems with gays fighting in the wars we create??????
I never see someone holding a sign saying "GAYS SHOULDNT BE FIGHTING IN OUR WARS"!!!!!!!
#22557 May 11, 2012
Guess it's OK to fight and die for your country but they cant marry??????????
sort of like an oxymoron statement......
#22558 May 11, 2012
anyone remember back in the 50's and 60's when just about every white person denied black people from voting....they had to be seated in the back of the bus, couldnt use the "white bathrooms,water fountains, some store owners didnt allow the blacks to enter their stores..........were beaten like dogs in the streets.........NOW LOOK!
we were wrong back then and we are wrong NOW by not letting gay marriages ,it just shows that North Carolina has a ton of bigots in that state,,,,,whereas other states allow gay marriages.....hats off to those states.....I also remember when a black guy couldnt marry a white women and the white women was known as "trash"???
Its common today and more and more are doing that......some whites believe that Abe Lincoln was nuts for freeing the black man......no wonder a white racist bigot shot him.
#22559 May 11, 2012
Would you have said this too?
"I'm not one who would deny BLACKS THE VOTE, as I've stated before. I can just understand the point of view of those who do not agree with it. I don't feel they are being bigots, I feel it is their right to feel the way they do, just as it is my right to think it should be allowed."
As Melissa Harris-Perry said this week, "Bigotry is the only basis for denying marriage equality. So, we should debate policy, we should debate which legislative plan we take. That's reasonable. But the basic rights of citizens should not flip and flop, they should not be erased like an etch-a-sketch at the whims of the intolerant. Our rights should be permanent, constant, and abiding."
If you remain on the sidelines on this issue, you are supporting the oppressors over the oppressed.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."
- Bishop Desmond Tutu
#22560 May 11, 2012
Good Lord! What the hell is wrong with these people!
Trayvon Martin gun range targets sold online
ORLANDO, Fla.—An unidentified entrepreneur admits he is trying to profit off Trayvon Martin’s death by selling gun range targets featuring the teen who’s death has sparked a nationwide controversy.
Although Martin’s face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea.
The seller would not disclose how many paper targets had been made, but said in an email, "The response is overwhelming. I sold out in 2 days."
#22561 May 11, 2012
What kind of sadistic bastard does this?
The Post article also describes another episode in which Mr. Romney was accused of mistreating a mostly blind teacher at the Cranbrook School.
In that episode, students recalled that Mr. Romney purposely guided the blind teacher, known affectionately as “the Bat,” into a closed door.
#22562 May 11, 2012
It seems the pattern for Romney was targeting the weak.
And that pattern hasn't changed over time.
#22564 May 11, 2012
Hair Hacking: In 1965, Mitt Romney Hazed A Person Presumed To Be Gay By Holding Him Down And Cutting His Hair
This means Robney still hates the gay people..........just doesnt admit it.
Is this the real Mitt Romney? This incident, now that it has been made public, is an existential moment for Romney. He needs to speak to this. Does he regret what happened? Has he ever apologized to this person? Mitt Romney’s cut-throat cruelty and callousness here are striking. Absent a serious expression of sincere and utter regret, I certainly do not want such a character to be President of the United States.
If he tries to rationalize, deny, or minimalize this incident, it will speak volumes about him.
Would you ever do such a thing, taking from another person their freedom and dignity?
This was Mitt Romney, as an adult (he was 18 in 1965), holding down a fellow student, restraining him forcibly, shaming him before others, and physically defacing his appearance (hacking off his hair). It’s a wonder this didn’t result in the student committing suicide.
And, frankly, it says a lot about you that you would defend Romney’s behavior.
Worst of all, it says a lot about Romney that he’s already in bullshit mode on this, claiming he can’t recall such a brutal and psychologically warped action. If he doesn’t remember, it’s creepy. If he does remember—which he obviously does—it’s creepy how he’s responding.
#22566 May 11, 2012
Dan the Man
It seems the pattern for Romney was targeting the weak.
And that pattern hasn't changed over time.
(1) All Bush Tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 will expire this December. By January 2013 the maximum tax rate for those earning $200,000 or more will rise to the pre-Bush tax rate of 39.6%. This includes 4.5 million business owners that fall into this category. It is these business owners that create 76% of all jobs in the economy. This single item is a tax rise of 13.1%.
(2) All itemized deductions and exemptions will be limited for those earning $200,000 or more. That is a difficult increase in revenue to quantify in relative terms, but some of the studies place it at around 2% to 3.6%, adding an average of an extra 2.4% point rise on the top rate.
- Items (1) and (2) takes the top marginal tax rate to 42%, an increase of 20%.
(3) Capital gains taxes will rise from 15% to 20%. A raise of 33%.
(4) Dividend taxes will go back to the pre-Bush era of 39.6% from 15% today. This is the tax that most affects the senior population. It is an increase of 164%. Yes, it is not a mathematical error - an increase of 164%.
- We might remind you that Capital Gains, as well as dividend taxes, represent "double taxation" - this money has already been taxed before. One for the "fair" count of Mr. Obama.
(5) A brand new invented tax, courtesy of ObamaCare, is a new tax of 0.9% on top of the 2.9% of the Medicare tax for those earning $200,000 or more. This is an increase of 31%.
(6) Equally for those above $200,000, a new 3.8% surcharge on investment income and including interest income. This automatically increases capital gains taxes to 23.8%, representing a total increase in taxation for this sector of 60%.
- Again, we would like to remind our readers that capital gains taxation punishes the element most needed for the creation of jobs - investment.
- Once we add to the top marginal tax rate of 39.6% the cost of new norms on exemptions and deductions and the investment tax surcharge from ObamaCare, plus the cost of the new corporate dividend rate, the total top marginal tax rate reaches 64%(estimated by the WSJ).
(7) The poor, or those that are presently paying no taxes but that are gainfully employed, will pay the old pre-Bush tax of 10%.
- An item that the Administration has not been able to extricate from the pre-Bush taxes but is keeping awfully quiet about it.
(8) Estate and gift taxes will rise from 35% to 55-60%, and the exemption will drop from 5 million to 1 million. It represents an increase of 57-71%.
- This is another "double taxation" item.
(9) Oil and Gas production incentives will be repealed.
- Besides the estimated cost of $41 billion to the industry, it will be reflected in the price of gas. This one comes directly out of your pocket.
(10) The present payroll tax break expires in December and it will go back up by 2%.
(11) On top of this avalanche of taxation (only partly listed above) is another new tax called "the Buffet Rule" that will tax anybody making more than 1 million with a minimum tax of 30%. This, by all practical purposes, raises the capital gains tax from 15% today, to a final 30%- an increase of 100% on investment income.
#22567 May 11, 2012
Yes you do lie and we all know it and have proved it over and over again.
#22568 May 11, 2012
8 bucks for the target and $7.50 for shipping????????
Might stimulate the economy,,,,,LOL!
Or at least his business.....
Really sick,,,,,,,,,,I guess this is a freedom of speech.
Wonder when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will arrive at his place??
Maybe the good Reverend is out banging chicks like he was years ago???????
Add your comments below
|PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10)||4 min||PA Voter||3,937|
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||4 min||Nuculur option||1,101,592|
|PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10)||5 min||Tom Korbutt||162|
|Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08)||2 hr||JOEL||69,092|
|A Silly Rabbit is looking for a big "Carrot"||2 hr||silly rabbit||4|
|Lehigh County to give parents extra time for ch... (Nov '07)||3 hr||What a P O S||65|
|Allentown police chief's son arrested after all...||6 hr||silly rabbit||9|
Find what you want!
Search Whitehall Forum Now