Lewisburg council hears presentations for a lake and potential rate hike

Aug 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Appalachian Journal

Proposed Lake Lewisburg - In March of 2010, the idea introduced as 'Lake Lewisburg' was made public by architect and designer TAG Galyean.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 3, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Real World

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

These people are smoking to much of the "WILD WEED" why in the hell would we want a lake in the middle of the city. If you really want to do something to purchase a nice track of land on the hill close to the softball field and develop a complex for the youth. A nice pool, a skating rink. an ice hockey rink and aceneter where are youth can have fun. We sure don't need a lake in the center ofthe city. We are already land locked lets get real do we want to use land that may be needed for future development for a lake. This will be a breeding ground for virus carrying insects. Get real lets do something fir our next generation and just maybee more of of children might want to stay here.
ladeda

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Real World wrote:
These people are smoking to much of the "WILD WEED" why in the hell would we want a lake in the middle of the city. If you really want to do something to purchase a nice track of land on the hill close to the softball field and develop a complex for the youth. A nice pool, a skating rink. an ice hockey rink and aceneter where are youth can have fun. We sure don't need a lake in the center ofthe city. We are already land locked lets get real do we want to use land that may be needed for future development for a lake. This will be a breeding ground for virus carrying insects. Get real lets do something fir our next generation and just maybee more of of children might want to stay here.
AMEN!!
Mo money

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

A lake in the middle of Lewisburg? Wake up! The money could be used for other things. Whats to happen to the fort and other log structures that are there?
Idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

You know looking at the picture of the proposed lake on the front page gave me an idea. While you are stuck in traffic there by the lake cast a line out your car window you will have plenty of time toyou catch a fish. Commission address the real problems do something about the traffic in this one horse town. Or do something for the youth of our town. They are begging for a place to go.
Statement

Tornado, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Another outsider and outsiders moving to Lewisburg knowing more than the residents get a life. These people need to go back to Charleston. This is about a big a joke as the coolest small town. What are they three store fronts about to be vacant.
Maybe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

You people should become successful, wealthy business persons and finance all these projects that you want.
My Pick

Tornado, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

The whole town should be turned into a lake - With a 4 Lane around it. That would solve our traffic problems. All these tourists would be able to get to locations unknown and give the honest working people a break.
really

Apple Grove, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

when i read this in the paper yesterday. i thought what the hell is wrong with the person who came up with this. i mean really people this is the dumbest idea i ever heard of. please get off the drugs after all you must be on something to come up with this idea. anyone who thinks this idea is great is even dumber!!!!!!!!
JEEP79

Alderson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

The article in the paper about the lake in Lewisburg is a waste of money. They are talking 8.5 million dollars and taking peoples property.
It would make a nice mosquito breeding place for West Nile Virus.

If they want to spend this much money, why donít they take the land to build a by pass. That wonít happen as it would take the right peoples land, and they wonít stand for it.
preacherman

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

The cave network under Lewisburg would make impossible to build a lake! Build a bypass so it does not take 45 mins to go 5 miles! Now was that so hard to think of! Amen .
shrewser

Ronceverte, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

preacherman wrote:
The cave network under Lewisburg would make impossible to build a lake! Build a bypass so it does not take 45 mins to go 5 miles! Now was that so hard to think of! Amen .
DEAD ON CORRECT THE WEIGHT IS HUGE AND COLLAPSE IN DUE TIME// AND WHO ID PAYING FOR THIS ,,WE THE PEOPLE
Lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

shrewser wrote:
<quoted text>DEAD ON CORRECT THE WEIGHT IS HUGE AND COLLAPSE IN DUE TIME// AND WHO ID PAYING FOR THIS ,,WE THE PEOPLE
No Shrewsberry, it is a private venture.
Beavis

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Dang! What the hell are they puttin in that nasty dark beer at the pub these yuppies are drinkin? Must be some powerful shit cause it's done made them loose their minds!
A lake in Histericalburg? What a frickin stupid venture! These idiots are kind of embarrassin to us old Lewisburgites! Go back to where ya came from and leave Greenbrier County to us natives!
JEEP79

Alderson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

I just happened to be at the court House this morning and the Fort Savannah Inn was sold, in front of the Court House for $396,500 the reserve bid was $396,000.

It was purchased by a large farm owner from Fairlea. I will bet he donates it to the city for the lake project
Here we go

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Well said. Real World!!
Food for Thought

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

I would imagine it would cost 8.5 million just for the state (this is a state road) to span a bridge from Arbuckle Lane to Randolph Street. I think the estimates and issues are grossly under stated. I am not a resident of Lewisburg, but finacialy, 8.5 million would not even begin to touch a project as large as this. Whatever you decide to do, more information needs to be given to the public concerning a project as large as this before any actions are taken.
silver 2276

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

it is time for a new mayor and town council as well as changes in the planning commission in lewisburg.
One eyed jack

White Sulphur Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Lewisburg sucks!!!!!
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Lewisburg, home of the old money cawk crew!
dotcom

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

with caves all over and under lewisburg, how do they propose to support such a stupid idea?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Search the White Sulphur Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr fitness-guru 54,019
Lady in WSS 10 hr Lurking in the Shadows 17
Greenbrier Laundry closing 12 hr really 15
david ryan 12 hr smartalic 29
wreckless driver 15 hr really 9
neola (Feb '10) Sun Lurking in the Shadows 208
hot men in the spa Sun pssst 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••