Comments
1 - 20 of 168 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Parent

Portsmouth, OH

#1 Mar 8, 2011
I think I may have missed sign ups for my child (T-Ball). Does anyone have the name/info of who I could contact to get him signed up? Thanks!
I tried

Galloway, OH

#2 Mar 8, 2011
I pulled up their website to try to help you out but their website is very poorly done and disorganized.

here's the link if you wanna try to find it.
http://www.eteamz.com/burg/

I surfed for 5 min trying to help you but I may have just overlooked it.
huh

Logan, OH

#3 Mar 8, 2011
I would say and I don't know for sure, just a hunch, that it's the same website that every little league uses in the USA...Its not disorganized, just season has not started yet, and they had all the signups and tryout dates clearly posted on the site, and at the school, prior to march 5th...what do u want them to do?.....I don't know who to call, but it was me, I would call the school..I would say they have the info...this isnt rocket science.
Parent

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Mar 9, 2011
Already contacted the elementary school, they had no info.
REALLY

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2011
Well the school is lying to you! lol they know who runs it, she works right there in the office! I don't want to put her name on here, but I am pretty sure that she is the one who runs it..or she used to anyways. I would call them back and tell them you know she "helps out" in the office and runs the PTO up there. Pretty sure it's too late though, I know the sign ups were about a month ago. Good luck!
Parent

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Mar 9, 2011
Great, thank you! I'll call again. There were supposed to be sign ups this past Sat & Sunday...I was planning on going Sunday, but at then due to the playoff basketball game they were switched to all Saturday, so we missed it!
I tried

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 9, 2011
huh,
yes it is the same site that most little leagues use.

but most sites have contact info, player registration form (this site has it but it doesn't download when you click on it), and there's no place on the site for sponsors (other than selling magazine subscriptions).... but yet you think it's not disorganized?
yup

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 9, 2011
How about not using shirtstop for the uniforms this year!!!!

Every year they are late and look like crap.
President

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Mar 9, 2011
President is Rich Rowe

Portsmouth, OH

#11 Mar 11, 2011
They already had sign ups of course on three different dates, as well as had sign ups at try outs last weekend. The site is fine. I was able to print off the needed forms for my kids and already have them ready when the time came.

As for contact info, they could update this with some phone numbers and working emails. The school really tries to stay un-involved with Little League for whatever reason.

I'm sure once you find somebody they'll work with you in getting your child signed up, especially for T-ball. Maybe just try stopping by the field when you see any team practicing and a coach could help you out. Practices start this week.
toots

Ashville, OH

#12 Mar 11, 2011
yup wrote:
How about not using shirtstop for the uniforms this year!!!!
Every year they are late and look like crap.
is that you vicki p? don't luv it!
luv it sux balls

New York, NY

#13 Mar 11, 2011
luv it sux balls! y give the provazniks more money?? support the home town hard working shirt stop! shirt stop donates to little league and luv it does not!
oldmansmoney

United States

#14 Mar 11, 2011
No thanks to either one, I'd rather have mine made in a "bargain basement" or have none at all. It's one thing to complain about a LL team asking for $ to your workers or spouse but to publicly complain is not professional especially when your awarded the uniform contract.
I thought Luv It sponsored a team last year. Maybe if they were given the contract they would donate. I wonder How SS keeps getting the contract year after year. Maybe Luv It could do softball and somebody else do baseball. Divide the workload between 2 places. Pick a place that can handle it and appreciates the business
TURD SANDWICH

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Mar 12, 2011
CANT CHANGE THE WHEELERSBURG WAYS . TO MANY SUCKS IN THE TOWN. PEOPLE COMPLAIN EVERY YEAR BUT NO ONE WANTS TO STOP THE GIANT CIRCLE JERK.
There ya go

Lucasville, OH

#16 Mar 13, 2011
oldmansmoney wrote:
No thanks to either one, I'd rather have mine made in a "bargain basement" or have none at all. It's one thing to complain about a LL team asking for $ to your workers or spouse but to publicly complain is not professional especially when your awarded the uniform contract.
I thought Luv It sponsored a team last year. Maybe if they were given the contract they would donate. I wonder How SS keeps getting the contract year after year. Maybe Luv It could do softball and somebody else do baseball. Divide the workload between 2 places. Pick a place that can handle it and appreciates the business
this has already been decided by the board last week. SS and Luv It are splitting the work load this year.
notta fan

United States

#17 Mar 14, 2011
Rich Rowe is bad egg, wheelersburg little league's main problem. He needs thrown out on his head! only for his own boy, and boys in his own boys grade quit little league over this man and his ways.
HA HA

Alum Creek, WV

#18 Mar 14, 2011
You will never change anything till you change the "gods" that run things! This will never change and they make sure of it by not telling anybody when the little league board meetings are so they ensure they stay in POWER.
beg to differ

Whitestone, NY

#19 Mar 14, 2011
HA HA wrote:
You will never change anything till you change the "gods" that run things! This will never change and they make sure of it by not telling anybody when the little league board meetings are so they ensure they stay in POWER.
I beg to differ with you on this. It is ran in the newspaper at the beginning of every season. If you are so interested in changing the board then why havent you spoke up and let someone know that you are interested in a postion?? Let me guess...you don't have time, you don't get off work, you don't spend time with your own kid..right?? Don't dog it until you have been in their shoes! It ia not easy trying to satisfy all the people like you!!
cheech

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 14, 2011
to call rich rowe a bad egg is totally unfair. he was one of my coaches back in the day. and myself and my teammates all loved having him as our coach.

if some of these kids are quitting because of him, it sounds to me like mommy must be babying them too much.

also keep in mind that being president of the little league is a long-hour, thankless volunteer job (I should know, my dad was president also). no matter how fair you try to be, you can't please everyone.
TBallMom

Portsmouth, OH

#21 Mar 15, 2011
Signed my daughter up for TBall and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheelersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min xxxrayted 30,496
apartments 13 hr batman 2
cfnm 14 hr gary 4
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge 21 hr omg 16
Randall Craig, Brent Maddix, Sherry Dixon Thu Ohno 6
Man Charged With Rape Of 12-Year-Old Thu yep 7
Wheelersburg rental home with no heat source Aug 27 blind 4
•••
•••
•••

Wheelersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000