Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,988
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36593 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
We can get into social groups as soon as you admit that my statement was correct.
Show me evidence that there is a social movement.

Outspoken individuals are a dime a dozen. Dont need you to find them for me.

What social movement does Donald Trump control?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#36594 Jun 10, 2012
They rejected the gay Jamaican:

By msnbc.com staff and news services

An Orthodox Jew who was weeks away from becoming a New York City police officer said he has been kicked out of the police academy for refusing to trim his beard.

Former recruit Fishel Litzman of Monsey was fired Friday after multiple confrontations with the department over the length of his whiskers, he told the Daily News.

----------

Litzman is Hasidic and believes that cutting his beard is forbidden by God.

NYPD rules usually require officers to be clean-shaven. The department makes exceptions for beards kept for religious purposes, but even then only allows 1 millimeter worth of growth.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36595 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets narrow the issue now, you are like a prosecutor swaying the issue.
So you concede now there is 1 powerful influential person that believes in population reduction and elimination and also in a world government.
BTW, even Hughbe, not an Einstein by any measure, figured out that I was not in conflict with the notion that Turner was outspoken. You can spend more useless time on this, or you can move on to the heart of your fantasy.

Show me evidence of an ACTUAL social movement (actual human beingS) that advocate or effectuate radical world DEpopulation. Please dont bother with the One World garbage unless you can demonstrate that the blather is on the topic of depopulation.
Voluntarist

Newark, NJ

#36596 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, even Hughbe, not an Einstein by any measure, figured out that I was not in conflict with the notion that Turner was outspoken. You can spend more useless time on this, or you can move on to the heart of your fantasy.
Show me evidence of an ACTUAL social movement (actual human beingS) that advocate or effectuate radical world DEpopulation. Please dont bother with the One World garbage unless you can demonstrate that the blather is on the topic of depopulation.
The Georgia Guidestones is a large granite monument in Elbert County, Georgia, USA. A message comprising ten guides is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages, and a shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient languages' scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian hieroglyphs.

The structure is sometimes referred to as an "American Stonehenge."[1] The monument is 19 feet 3 inches (5.87 m) tall, made from six granite slabs weighing more than 240,000 pounds (110,000 kg) in all.[2] One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a short distance to the west of the structure, provides some notes on the history and purpose of the Guidestones.

' http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guides...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36597 Jun 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem preoccupied with my man parts. Should I be flattered?
<quoted text>
Agreed. Christianity clearly arose from Judaism. Just look at the Old Testament of the Christian bible.
<quoted text>
Saturday is the sabboth for Jews;
Sunday for Christians.
I guess you're Jewish. Shalom.
Former---You seem preoccupied with my man parts. Should I be flattered?

HughBe--- Not really but you mentioned your inability to wrap your HEAD around something and so out of brotherly love I made a recommendation.

Former---Saturday is the sabboth for Jews;

HughBe--- Please explain to me when was the Sabbath made and please explain this OT scripture for me.

Isaiah 56:4-6

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep MY sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6 Also the sons of the STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that KEEPETH the SABBATH from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Whom is the MY in verse 4? Is it a Jew? Who are the STRANGERS in verse 6, are they Jews?

Former---Sunday for Christians.I guess you're Jewish. Shalom.

HughBe--- Cite the NT texts that expound this DEMONIC doctrine.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36598 Jun 10, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You mean that this bloodthirsty Asura or Demon, who the Jews and Christians worship, demands that one day be set aside in the week when his followers should compulsorily pray to him so as to puff up his pride and megalomania.
LOL.
My guess is that being "forced" for one day is far better than being forced DAILY to have DIRECT contact with Him as you are forced to do with your higher consciousness.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36599 Jun 10, 2012
hopefully I shall be back later
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36600 Jun 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem preoccupied with my man parts. Should I be flattered?
<quoted text>
Agreed. Christianity clearly arose from Judaism. Just look at the Old Testament of the Christian bible.
<quoted text>
Saturday is the sabboth for Jews;
Sunday for Christians.
I guess you're Jewish. Shalom.
Former---Christianity clearly arose from Judaism. Just look at the Old Testament of the Christian bible.

HughBe--- It is MUCH more than the OT scriptures. It has to do with Jesus, the Jew, the JEWISH apostles, the JEWISH prophets the JEWISH early Church or FIRST Christians.

Based on memory, for the first 400 years of Christianity it was regarded as a JEWISH sect.
Eric

United States

#36601 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Not really but you mentioned your inability to wrap your HEAD around something and so out of brotherly love I made a recommendation.
HughBe--- Please explain to me when was the Sabbath made and please explain this OT scripture for me.
4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep MY sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that KEEPETH the SABBATH from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Whom is the MY in verse 4? Is it a Jew? Who are the STRANGERS in verse 6, are they Jews?
It appears to me that Paul did away with Shabbat:

Colossians 2:16-17:
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#36602 Jun 10, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
First does Paul (Rav Shaul) have the right to do away with what YHWH instituted and Yehoshua reinforced.

Second this verse is telling the exact opposite to what the Christian church teaches, he is telling throes who keep the Festivals of YHWH not to worry when those criticize them for doing so. Yes the Festivals of YHWH are a shadow of things to come meaning they will be far more important in the millennial rain of Messiah on earth.
Eric

United States

#36603 Jun 10, 2012
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First does Paul (Rav Shaul) have the right to do away with what YHWH instituted and Yehoshua reinforced.
Second this verse is telling the exact opposite to what the Christian church teaches, he is telling throes who keep the Festivals of YHWH not to worry when those criticize them for doing so. Yes the Festivals of YHWH are a shadow of things to come meaning they will be far more important in the millennial rain of Messiah on earth.
I dare say you are mistaken. This passage is the one most cited by those who don't keep the festivals and don't keep Shabbat as their reason for not doing so. They say this passage says that all of the mitzvahs have been replaced by Jesus and only those mitzvah that Jesus specifically said to keep are still extant. Do a google search and see how often this passage is used as the excuse for not keeping Shabbat.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

#36604 Jun 10, 2012
Can You Pass The Israel Palestinian test? Part 27

Q27. Who made following statement:

--"We Jews, we are the destroyers and will remain the destroyers. Nothing you can do will meet our demands and needs. We will forever destroy because we want a world of our own
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

#36605 Jun 10, 2012
TO: MAAT, this series is dedicated to you- MUQ

Revisiting 9/11/2001 --Applying the Scientific Method, Dr. Steven E. Jones Part-23

Conclusion:

118. In closing, I wish to emphasize that there are now many capable individuals who are contributing to the quest for the truth about what happened on 9/11/01 and the possibility of insider involvement. For example, there are already over thirty-five peer-reviewed papers at the Journalof911Studies.com .

119. I wish to add my conviction that 9/11 researchers must not assume a defensive posture, supposing that we are just victims in a brutal chess game. Rather, we can increase awareness of the many lines of evidence that together imply that the 9/11 events involve much more than we have been told by the US government or by the media.

(Let us be active and proactive we can reduce our dependence on the globalized system, get out of debt and put reserves into local credit unions and in our own homes. We can reduce credit-card consumerism and build home reserves of food, cash and water. We need to look to our inner values; instead of fearing terrorists (foreign and domestic).

We can build cooperation, sharing, and caring as we build the local infrastructure in our communities. We can rally around the Constitution in the United States, and the Geneva Conventions, and other standards of civility and human liberty throughout the world. I advocate only peaceful methods and a respect for all religious and ethnic groups, including Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus and all others.

120. Many of us sense a higher Source guiding our research and peace efforts. I am confident that by working together and seeking the facts with determination, we will succeed in finding out the truth about 9/11. If we act before the next series of restrictions on our liberties, we should be able to achieve justice and peace as well.

http://journalof911studies.com/letters/c/what...

http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/200...

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#36607 Jun 10, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I dare say you are mistaken. This passage is the one most cited by those who don't keep the festivals and don't keep Shabbat as their reason for not doing so. They say this passage says that all of the mitzvahs have been replaced by Jesus and only those mitzvah that Jesus specifically said to keep are still extant. Do a google search and see how often this passage is used as the excuse for not keeping Shabbat.
Perhaps you misunderstood my post

I agree 100% with you that is exactly what I said the Christian church teaches that the Torah is done away with and that Paul (Rav Shaul) says so in his epistles, yet Yehoshua says I have not come to do away with the Torah. Funny that, is it not.
Eric

United States

#36608 Jun 10, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Can You Pass The Israel Palestinian test? Part 27
Q27. Who made following statement:
--"We Jews, we are the destroyers and will remain the destroyers. Nothing you can do will meet our demands and needs. We will forever destroy because we want a world of our own
Sorry, the above is a misquote:

"We Jews are accused of being destroyers: whatever you put up, we tear down. It is true only in a relative sense. We are not iconoclasts deliberately: we are not enemies of your institutions simply because of the dislike between us. We are a homeless mass seeking satisfaction for our constructive instincts. And in your institutions we cannot find satisfaction." - Samuel, Maurice. You Gentiles, Page 147.
Eric

United States

#36609 Jun 10, 2012
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you misunderstood my post
I agree 100% with you that is exactly what I said the Christian church teaches that the Torah is done away with and that Paul (Rav Shaul) says so in his epistles, yet Yehoshua says I have not come to do away with the Torah. Funny that, is it not.
Hey, don't ask me. It's your scripture and you have to make it internally consistent. I think it's passages like this one that most turn off Jews to Paul and his teachings.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36610 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

My guess is that being "forced" for one day is far better than being forced DAILY to have DIRECT contact with Him as you are forced to do with your higher consciousness.
Reading scripture or sitting in church does not mean coming into direct contact with the being that you worship.

A direct contact means a living contact by which you consciously merge with the being and become one with it just as subject unites with object in an omnijective fusion.

You've not had a single supraphysical experience, so obviously you're in the dark about the subtle phenomena and the higher dimensions.

Your beliefs are centered on a god, YHVH, who is a demon.

That your god is a demon is proven by the evil he preaches in the Hebrew Bible and by the innumerable satanic deeds of the Hebrew patriarchs.

In your case, the ill-effects of worshipping a demon have also manifested in your nature and character....you're simply regressing or devolving in consciousness and your perverse instincts and vibrations show this devolutionary trend.

Anyway, do as you please.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36611 Jun 10, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---It appears to me that Paul did away with Shabbat:

HughBe--- Indeed, it appears so to the unlearned. Do you have an interest in becoming a Christian? You appear to me to know a lot about the NT but lack the understanding.

Please explain the OT passage below, Eric. Tell me when was the Sabbath made. If the Sabbath was made at Creation are you saying that Adam would have been ignorant of it? Has it occurred to you and your religion that Adam MUST have observed the Sabbath?

Are you saying that the righteous men of God who lived before the Israelites learnt of the Sabbath were ignorant of the it?

Who is the MY in verse 4? Is it a Jew? Who are the STRANGERS in verse 6, are they Jews?

I see you tomorrow if life is spared.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#36612 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As an agnositc, I'm not in the position to defend or explain the workings or practice of any faith-based movement.

I was only pointing out Jewish practice vs Christian practice.

You observe the sabboth on the same day as they do in Judaism.

Do you also talk with your hands?

L' chaim.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#36613 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---Christianity clearly arose from Judaism. Just look at the Old Testament of the Christian bible.
HughBe--- It is MUCH more than the OT scriptures. It has to do with Jesus, the Jew, the JEWISH apostles, the JEWISH prophets the JEWISH early Church or FIRST Christians.
Based on memory, for the first 400 years of Christianity it was regarded as a JEWISH sect.
Who's arguing with that?

The world's largest religion had to start somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,057
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min Pearl Jam 306,952
Merry Christmas everyone. 5 hr teri 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 68,875
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr kal 49,174
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Joe Scarborough And Mika Brzezinski (Jun '09) Dec 9 Bbh252y 64
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:42 pm PST