Bank robbery suspect dead, 2 officers wounded in Westminster shootout

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 90
Gunfire erupted as police in north metro Denver tried to apprehend two suspects wanted for a bank robbery Thursday afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2009
Wish all bank robberies ended this way. Kill the bad guy so we don't have to house and feed them the next 7 - 10 years.
Mr J

Aurora, CO

#2 Nov 19, 2009
This is what happens when you shoot at the police - what are they thinking once they have six cars chasing them? That they are going to shoot their way out? Or is this suicide by cop?
Sven Svenson

Denver, CO

#3 Nov 19, 2009
Good Job Westminster police!

Now, do yah think we can we hire the Westminster police to replace the downtown Denver police, who are a joke? Another killing down there and they're not doing anything excepot blabber there's no issues. Killings, muggings, gangs, you name it!
hugeroxfan

Hayward, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2009
I am so glad these criminals were killed and our tax dollars won't have to be wasted on people who obviously didn't hesitate to try to kill innocent people and officers. Thank God for police officers!
Narcist

Solon, OH

#5 Nov 19, 2009
funny thing is that if WPD was really worried about inocent bystanders then why did the choose to engage the suspects in a busy intersection with shops right on the corner-why not just follow them to a residence or use Air surveillance...then maybe nobody would have to die.
Tracy

Denver, CO

#6 Nov 19, 2009
"One suspect was killed died at the scene"??? lol
Oh I love happy endings!!
Mrs M

Johnstown, CO

#7 Nov 19, 2009
Kids or not they knew what they were doing, people rush to judgement to quick but I see that the people posting so far are resonable people. Those officers didnt WANT to kill them.Its hard on them and now the healing will have to begin. Its not an easy job for them or their families.
Mountain Man

Greeley, CO

#8 Nov 19, 2009
Narcist wrote:
funny thing is that if WPD was really worried about inocent bystanders then why did the choose to engage the suspects in a busy intersection with shops right on the corner-why not just follow them to a residence or use Air surveillance...then maybe nobody would have to die.
Read the story again. Nobody died, just two bank robbing pukes. Sounds like other then the cop being shot it all turned out perfectly.

and you know what, it is so easy to sit and judge. But Ok they let them get to a residence, then the pukes barricade themselves in and who knows what weapons they might have there. And then what???
Mrs M

Johnstown, CO

#9 Nov 19, 2009
Mountain Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the story again. Nobody died, just two bank robbing pukes. Sounds like other then the cop being shot it all turned out perfectly.
and you know what, it is so easy to sit and judge. But Ok they let them get to a residence, then the pukes barricade themselves in and who knows what weapons they might have there. And then what???
Here Here Mountain Man!
icewolf

Denver, CO

#10 Nov 19, 2009
Maybe meth or crack addicts? If they were, they have no common sense or reality of anything around them. They're better off dead. No remorse here.
Narcist

Solon, OH

#11 Nov 19, 2009
man mountain man, you are too dumb to understand- there is a busy resaurant and padio and many people right there, so it is not the best location for a shoot out. WPD don't care, thats why they become cops (watch the Departed) sorry its true.
firestoneneocon

United States

#12 Nov 19, 2009
Thank you to the Westminster Police department and all those other agencies involved. I will prey for a speedy recovery of those officers that were wounded. While not the most ideal ending for most, at least we don't have to spend countless taxpayer dollars on those two pieces of trash for the rest of their lives convicting them and housing them. I just hope they weren't able to breed and leave any future criminals behind.
craig

Solon, OH

#13 Nov 19, 2009
Man mountin men, you are also a homo sheep- going to the slaugher.
Mrs M

Johnstown, CO

#14 Nov 19, 2009
Narcist wrote:
man mountain man, you are too dumb to understand- there is a busy resaurant and padio and many people right there, so it is not the best location for a shoot out. WPD don't care, thats why they become cops (watch the Departed) sorry its true.
And Hollywood always gets it right. lol get a grip!
icewolf

Denver, CO

#15 Nov 19, 2009
The only thing they could breed are maggots.
brian

Aurora, CO

#16 Nov 19, 2009
Narcist wrote:
That whole area is busy. maybe if WPD knew were you lived they could have let them run into your house.
firestoneneocon

United States

#17 Nov 19, 2009
Narcist wrote:
Do they have schools in Michigan? Spelling, punctuation, and grammar for a start. Then try some logic and reasoning. Westminster PD doesn't own a helicopter. Sometimes Denver helps out, but they aren't always in the air. It would have taken too long for any kind of air support. As far as these types of situations go, aside from the officers being injured, it ended about as good as the residents of Colorado could have expected. We don't like criminals. I'm sorry that you sympathize with criminals. Maybe after you've gotten an education and learned a little bit about being a cop then you will see what all of us are talking about. Until then we are all wrong and you are right, or whatever helps you sleep at night.
Robert Armstrong

Denver, CO

#18 Nov 19, 2009
Look ma -no trial needed.
Glenn

Denver, CO

#19 Nov 19, 2009
Good job by all peace officers involved....my prayers go out to the officers involved in the shoot out...I know this was NOT the outcome you wanted....again my prayer and thought are with you and your family as you process this over and over again in your mind. May you find peace !
Thank YOU for putting it on the line everday !!

Glenn / Former Police Officer
karl42

United States

#20 Nov 19, 2009
This is what happens when the economy is in the toilet.

People get desperate. The cops did what they had to.

When one makes a decision to rob a bank and shoot at cops they do so at their own peril.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 19 min tbird19482 14,309
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 31 min Respect71 5,780
last post wins! (Feb '11) 35 min mr goodwrench 24,867
Review: Botella Inc. 47 min JSanto 1
GloBULL warming is fake ! 9 hr Ryan 4
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 11 hr stray-cat 67
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) 13 hr marie 40
Westminster Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westminster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westminster

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:34 pm PST

NFL 1:34PM
What to watch for in Broncos-Bengals 'MNF' tilt
NBC Sports 1:45 PM
Chiefs need plenty of help to return to playoffs - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 2:47 PM
Orlando Franklin: It's Super Bowl or bust for the Broncos -- and every other team in the NFL
Bleacher Report 3:26 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score and Analysis for Denver
Bleacher Report 3:56 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score, Highlights and Analysis