Man shot by police was sought in Anaheim raids

Aug 10, 2012 Full story: WCAX-TV Burlington

Police in Anaheim, Calif., say a man shot to death by officers last month was one of those sought in a crackdown on a violent gang that led to dozens of arrests.

Full Story
Reality

Lake Forest, CA

#1 Aug 10, 2012
This is no surprise.

If you read related stories to the raid that took place this morning, the residents in the gang-bang area are upset with the timing of the raid an arrests and are complaining!
They took several KNOWN gangbagers into custody today, 40 illegal guns, several pounds of Meth and they're complaining rather than being elated. It's reported the cops were yelled and cursed at as they performed the raids.

These people can't be helped. I have NO sympathy for them. NONE, ZILCH.
Reality

Lake Forest, CA

#2 Aug 10, 2012
"During the yearlong investigation, authorities seized 11 pounds of crystal methamphetamine and 40 guns, including assault-style rifles, sawed-off shotguns and a pistol believed used in a killing, authorities said."

And us the general public are supposed to believe these are good kids, fathers, sons, etc.
Reality

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Aug 10, 2012
Pure ignorance!
----------
Only yelling and cursing greeted the patrol car after a sweep Friday morning that resulted in the arrest of 33 suspected gang members.

"They said they're trying to help us, but they're making fun of us. I didn't think that was friendly," said 18-year-old Jennifer Navarro. "No, I don't feel better about them."

In the neighborhood where the sweep was conducted Friday morning, the operation was largely met with mistrust.
"I told (officers) this was retribution for what had been happening," said Elvia Navarro, whose son Victor Gonzalez was among those arrested. "It's revenge."
twenty four in Anaheim

Anaheim, CA

#4 Aug 11, 2012
truth is alot of "these people" don't know nothing else but to live/survive in the hood. The families of those who were taken are upset ofcourse. And will continue talking back at the police for doing "their job". Alot of these teens/adults missed something in their lives as they were growing up (male role model/father) and thats why they start hangin with the wrong crowd. It is no excuse but maybe if they would of have more attention or progrms but ...thats past. I know by the article that the families talk good about their kids, maybe yes they were going to school or working but im sure that its extremly hard to get out of the gang lifestyle when you live in the "hood". I can write a whole twenty pages about this topic, but my point is... The police won't arrest a "normal" citizen of Anaheim, they do have "bad" cops but other than that they do their job. Im all grown up now, I see both sides and I think about my newphews and kids. I don't want them going through the same bull sh!t over and over...once my history teacher told me " history is there so we can learn from it and don't repeat it again".......... man I miss school :/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 4 hr Tony 123
NAME the New Stadium 11 hr lm tax payer 11
Swap Meet Murder 11 hr Brian 1
Why is there a police helicopter circling over ... (Jul '11) 15 hr whitw 21
7-Year-Old Shot In Anaheim Thu Yay goby 1
Report: Santa Ana mayor has conflict Oct 16 richard reyes 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct 13 12adf 19

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at October 24 at 12:55PM PDT

Westminster News Video

Westminster Dating
Find my Match

Westminster Jobs

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westminster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westminster

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]