Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bill

Simi Valley, CA

#154693 Aug 14, 2012
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Why? Because the majority can't over-ride the Constitution of the United States. Because the majority often can be bigoted. The majority could 'outlaw' certain religions, or impose their will just because they are a majority. A cetain policy maybe being something that appeals to the majority, but doesn't make it Constitutional.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154694 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
If you're new to this forum please watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v3S24ofEQj4XX&feature=rel ated
Maybe this is a video you should watch.......it's about what your worth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BigBang

La Puente, CA

#154695 Aug 14, 2012
Why do those fools with ears wrapped around their eyes and ears keep posting worthless comments that are racists in nature and theatening in tone?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154696 Aug 14, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off......I don't need to read the ANTI-GAY CRAP from Shilts or Rotello or Mass Resistance to have more knowledge than you about one's sexual orientation.....and if you believe those folks, it's no wonder your such the idiot you are!!!!
Secondly.......until you can explain the difference between "TRANSGENDER" and "TRANSVESTITE"...... .nothing I say will matter because you already are clueless on this issue as well.
Thirdly........MassResistance is extremely ANTI-GAY, they violate the privacy laws by stalking Gay families, taking pictures of their children and posting OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse that NEVER takes place......and that's just for starters!!!!
Stop blowing smoke.

You're doing what you people always do when you encounter others who don't lock-step to you agenda -- you demonize them.

If Mass Resistance is committing all those crimes you say they are, why haven't they been charged?

And your supposed OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse, is a letter from one of your pedophiles describing how the Gay-Straight Alliance club he was a member of was awash with alcohol and drugs and the routine molestation of boys as young as 14. Here's a full description of the incident. Suppose we let the readers judge for themselves:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/12b/f...
Crazy Ryan

La Puente, CA

#154697 Aug 14, 2012
This is what a Paul Ryan whould support:

He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students.

His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#154698 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop blowing smoke.
You're doing what you people always do when you encounter others who don't lock-step to you agenda -- you demonize them.
If Mass Resistance is committing all those crimes you say they are, why haven't they been charged?
And your supposed OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse, is a letter from one of your pedophiles describing how the Gay-Straight Alliance club he was a member of was awash with alcohol and drugs and the routine molestation of boys as young as 14. Here's a full description of the incident. Suppose we let the readers judge for themselves:
Once more to remind you of the facts that Mass Resistance refuses to acknowledge. The allegations contained in that letter were thoroughly investigated by local and state authorities and the ONLY person charged with ANY criminal act was the letter writer himself and he was charged because his age put him just outside the provisions of the state's "Romeo and Juliet" law. The allegations of rampant sexual abuse, alcohol and drug abuse were proved to be UNFOUNDED. You have been told this on any number of occasions and have even been provided with links to actual news accounts of the story and yet you persist in repeating the same lie. Are you suffering from some sort of brain damage which might excuse this sort of behavior on your part or are you just morally and ethically bankrupt?
US Ultimatum

Pittsfield, MA

#154699 Aug 14, 2012
Crazy Ryan wrote:
This is what a Paul Ryan whould support:
He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students.
His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.
Could it be because we probably are broke and too busy giving away money to other nations and getting NOTHING in return.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#154700 Aug 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of shit with your "relation terms, evolutionary terms, congruent" mess. This is America. People may dress however they wish. What's it to you if women wear pants (OMFG!) Or do you think all women who wear pants do so to attract other women?
My fear?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
The fear is all yours, honey. You cannot handle the uncertainty so you react with a typical control-freak attitude: Everyone must dress according to your standards so you don't freak out. Sorry, honey... life doesn't work that way... unless you think all women should be wearing black burkahs. Then you are in the wrong country.
I support marriage equality so don't get all bent out of shape and faint on us or anything like that but seriously, with all due respect, why DO lesbians dress like men? And why does asking that question make you angry?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#154701 Aug 14, 2012
US Ultimatum wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be because we probably are broke and too busy giving away money to other nations and getting NOTHING in return.
No, it's the Republican way....cut all the programs they can.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154703 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You posted no academic findings.
You just had to ask, man.

Harry (1982, 51-52)
Saghir and Robins (1973, 18)
Connell, Robert William (1987)
Bem,S.L.(1981)
Barash and Lipton(2002)
Crook, Robert (2011)
Deustch, F. M.(2007)
Breedlove (1997)
KiMare wrote:
I am at work, so I can't find a butch post I just referenced yesterday. You can look up 'butchblogs'.
Typed it into my search engine, and didn't see one that had a person that agreed with your ideas.
KiMare wrote:
Of course they are "being true to themselves", but why does a lesbian have that 'truth' in them according to evolution?
Everyone is a product of evolution, and everyone is a player in evolution. Also, everyone's true self is a part of them, regardless of sexual orientation. Lesbians are just more free to express it.
KiMare wrote:
My passive is drawing you to reality, my aggression is bitchslapping your denial.
Smile.
Calm down, man. Your cattiness is not only unwarranted, but it is unattractive, regardless of sexual orientation.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#154704 Aug 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't sleep, eh?
I sleep just fine, thanks for asking you homo

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#154705 Aug 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I sleep just fine, thanks for asking you homo
must suck being a hate filled loser like you
Winston Smith

United States

#154706 Aug 14, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If men and women weren't different, we'd all be homosexuals.
We're all different. Take you and me fer instance. You continue to spout nonsense in the form of bumper sticker slogans, and I, uhhh, well, don't!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154707 Aug 14, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's the Republican way....cut all the programs they can.
Must suck being in a gay and liberal cult.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#154708 Aug 14, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
I support marriage equality so don't get all bent out of shape and faint on us or anything like that but seriously, with all due respect, why DO lesbians dress like men? And why does asking that question make you angry?
Mind if I take this one?

It's an example of stereotypical "thinking" which all too often indicates that rational thought has left the building. While there are Lesbians who dress like men as an indication that they are more in touch with their masculine side than their feminine, there are just as many, if not more, who don't. Each of us, Gay and Straight, male and female have both masculine and feminine elements to our personalities which come out in how we express ourselves as individuals.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#154709 Aug 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Must suck being in a gay and liberal cult.
and....where is this cult you and your bff Prov. Marvel talk about? ya that's right there is none. ROTFL@U
Winston Smith

United States

#154710 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming all you say is true, that's no defense for giving homosexuals a pass. You people seem to think all you have to do is produce an instance of a heterosexual abuse, molestation, abandonment, broken harm, etc, and it gives you a pass.
It doesn't.
Personally, I don't believe homosexuals are any more prone to pedophilia than heterosexuals. But pedophilia is not the question. The first question is whether men who dress in penis suits and erect penis hats should have access to children.
The second question is whether men who engage in a morbidly unhealthy sexual practice should have access to children.
If we don't allow gay men to donate blood, how can we in good conscience allow them to adopt?
Perhaps we should bomb Japan again too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri

I know quite a few gay people. I have yet to see any of them wearing penis hats. I sincerely doubt if many/any of them have even attended a gay pride parade. OTOH, I sincerely doubt you should be allowed around children of any gender. Your judgement seems to me to be a bit screwed up. Honestly, anyone who goes around getting BJs from drag queens is a bit of a pervert IMHO. Truth be told, you also come across as quite the dickhead. No penis hat is required for you to be offensive in public.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154711 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop blowing smoke.
So, I'm blowing smoke BECAUSE you don't know the difference between a "TRANSGENDER" and a "TRANSVESTITE"...... .that's seriously pathetic!!!

Who's to say that MassResistance HASN'T been charged with hate crimes......maybe that's how they got on the Hate Crime List.....ya think?

You've actually confused an organization known as OUT with High School Gay-Straight Alliance groups that meet on School Property, not in the homes of private individuals......but again, what can one expect when you read a rather pathetic poorly written supposed letter from some one who made a lot of allegations, but doesn't state if criminal charges were ever filed or the outcome of those allegations......I mean all I'm saying is if these things happen that this young man wrote about......why weren't there any parents OUTRAGED over their children being abused? Why no charges being filed or trials being held.....this is the part that MassResistences seems to leave out of their anger and outrage over these supposed abuses!!!!

And you accuse me of blowing smoke up someone's azz........lol!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154712 Aug 14, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Once more to remind you of the facts that Mass Resistance refuses to acknowledge. The allegations contained in that letter were thoroughly investigated by local and state authorities and the ONLY person charged with ANY criminal act was the letter writer himself and he was charged because his age put him just outside the provisions of the state's "Romeo and Juliet" law. The allegations of rampant sexual abuse, alcohol and drug abuse were proved to be UNFOUNDED. You have been told this on any number of occasions and have even been provided with links to actual news accounts of the story and yet you persist in repeating the same lie. Are you suffering from some sort of brain damage which might excuse this sort of behavior on your part or are you just morally and ethically bankrupt?
Thank you Rick for this post......had I read first before my reply......I'd have been better prepared in my response......but I think I responded correctly:-)
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#154713 Aug 14, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Mind if I take this one?
It's an example of stereotypical "thinking" which all too often indicates that rational thought has left the building. While there are Lesbians who dress like men as an indication that they are more in touch with their masculine side than their feminine, there are just as many, if not more, who don't. Each of us, Gay and Straight, male and female have both masculine and feminine elements to our personalities which come out in how we express ourselves as individuals.
Well then why don't these straight women who are more in touch with their masculine side dress like men too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talbert and Bushard Carpet Store 49 min LOCALFVREZ 1
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) Fri Tony 123
NAME the New Stadium Fri lm tax payer 11
Swap Meet Murder Fri Brian 1
Why is there a police helicopter circling over ... (Jul '11) Fri whitw 21
Report: Santa Ana mayor has conflict Oct 16 richard reyes 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct 13 12adf 19

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at October 25 at 12:24PM PDT

Westminster News Video

Westminster Dating
Find my Match

Westminster Jobs

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westminster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westminster

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]