Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,855)

Showing posts 137,081 - 137,100 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154681
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made nothing up.
If you read their own discriptions, that is "who they are". Or, asked on your terms, okay, why do they dress up masculine?
Anything you define in relational terms must also be understood in evolutionary terms and be congruent.
Your fear is causing you to miss the simple reality that genes/brain/body 'wiring' gets mixed up all the time. Even our hair color is a mix. Denying that that mix is sometimes faulty is just plain stupid.
You are so full of shit with your "relation terms, evolutionary terms, congruent" mess. This is America. People may dress however they wish. What's it to you if women wear pants (OMFG!) Or do you think all women who wear pants do so to attract other women?

My fear?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

The fear is all yours, honey. You cannot handle the uncertainty so you react with a typical control-freak attitude: Everyone must dress according to your standards so you don't freak out. Sorry, honey... life doesn't work that way... unless you think all women should be wearing black burkahs. Then you are in the wrong country.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154682
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, pal, I'm not the one going to school boards and adoption agencies telling them kid's sexual orientation won't be affected by transvestite teachers or men who go prancing down Main Street in penis suits and erect penis hats.
YOU'RE doing it and that means you're making a claim you -- according the the APA -- have no science to support.
If the APA doesn't know -- an idiot like you surely doesn't know.
What part of that don't you understand?
Do you know the difference between TRANSGENDER and Transvestite? Somehow, I don't think you do.......I have NEVER seen a Transvestite teacher EVER. I have known Transgender teachers, but only at the College level of education.....NEVER at the elementary level........do you have actual evidence to back up your claim? or is this just crap being spewed outta your mouth?

Actually, I have more knowledge or understanding of why a person is Gay or Lesbian than you do......I also have done some research on it and have posted the articles about it......just because you opt to believe MassResistance, doesn't mean that the rest of us are as ignorant as you are on this issue!!!!
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154683
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between a answer and a dodge and a guess. I'm sure you'd be concerned if you flew on a plane where the pilot held your view.
You are equating one relationship with another. Other realtionships are denied marriage because they are not the same. I am simply pointing out numerous ways gay unions are not the same, including the most basic, sexuality. In fact you are equating a broken 'object' with a natural one.
Let me guess, now gay's and lesbians are not fit to be pilots.......

What does sex or sexuality have to do with a contract?

How exactaly are gay's and lesbians broken?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154684
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Should we judge all heterosexuals based on the actions of a few?
Look dippy why do heterosexual teachers have sex with their students? It happens all the time. Based on that, heterosexuals should no be allowed to adopt children because they will have sex with them. Prancing all around the class rooms enticing young men to have sex with older women. Men teachers taking advantage of young ladies, stealing their childhood.
Assuming all you say is true, that's no defense for giving homosexuals a pass. You people seem to think all you have to do is produce an instance of a heterosexual abuse, molestation, abandonment, broken harm, etc, and it gives you a pass.

It doesn't.

Personally, I don't believe homosexuals are any more prone to pedophilia than heterosexuals. But pedophilia is not the question. The first question is whether men who dress in penis suits and erect penis hats should have access to children.

The second question is whether men who engage in a morbidly unhealthy sexual practice should have access to children.

If we don't allow gay men to donate blood, how can we in good conscience allow them to adopt?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154685
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between TRANSGENDER and Transvestite? Somehow, I don't think you do.......I have NEVER seen a Transvestite teacher EVER. I have known Transgender teachers, but only at the College level of education.....NEVER at the elementary level........do you have actual evidence to back up your claim? or is this just crap being spewed outta your mouth?
Actually, I have more knowledge or understanding of why a person is Gay or Lesbian than you do......I also have done some research on it and have posted the articles about it......just because you opt to believe MassResistance, doesn't mean that the rest of us are as ignorant as you are on this issue!!!!
Are you telling us you think transvestites should be prohibited from becoming school teachers? If you are, tell us why.

As to you having more knowledge about gay or lesbian than I do, how can you say that if you've never read Shilts or Rotello?

Or Mass Resistance ...?

And I'd be interested in hearing what facts you believe Mass Resistance gets wrong.

You people are quick to call Mass Resistance and every other organization that doesn't accept the LGBT agenda a hate group, but when asked to explain why, you never follow-up.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154686
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming all you say is true, that's no defense for giving homosexuals a pass. You people seem to think all you have to do is produce an instance of a heterosexual abuse, molestation, abandonment, broken harm, etc, and it gives you a pass.
It doesn't.
Personally, I don't believe homosexuals are any more prone to pedophilia than heterosexuals. But pedophilia is not the question. The first question is whether men who dress in penis suits and erect penis hats should have access to children.
The second question is whether men who engage in a morbidly unhealthy sexual practice should have access to children.
If we don't allow gay men to donate blood, how can we in good conscience allow them to adopt?
I see you give heterosexual teachers who have sex with underage children a pass.

I was not aware that all homosexuals wore penis hats. I was not aware of a dress code for adopting a child.

Heterosexuals who engage in anal sex should not be allowed to adopt children.

You have sex with both sexes, you should not be allowed to donate blood.

Lastly, WTF does blood donation have to do with adoption?
tim macdonald

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154687
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

From Dopeland oak to Fairy Land san fran
TakenBack

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154688
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Keep the flappy going, haven't bothered to read any of your nonsense.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154689
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling us you think transvestites should be prohibited from becoming school teachers? If you are, tell us why.
As to you having more knowledge about gay or lesbian than I do, how can you say that if you've never read Shilts or Rotello?
Or Mass Resistance ...?
And I'd be interested in hearing what facts you believe Mass Resistance gets wrong.
You people are quick to call Mass Resistance and every other organization that doesn't accept the LGBT agenda a hate group, but when asked to explain why, you never follow-up.
First off......I don't need to read the ANTI-GAY CRAP from Shilts or Rotello or Mass Resistance to have more knowledge than you about one's sexual orientation.....and if you believe those folks, it's no wonder your such the idiot you are!!!!

Secondly.......until you can explain the difference between "TRANSGENDER" and "TRANSVESTITE"...... .nothing I say will matter because you already are clueless on this issue as well.

Thirdly........MassResistance is extremely ANTI-GAY, they violate the privacy laws by stalking Gay families, taking pictures of their children and posting OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse that NEVER takes place......and that's just for starters!!!!
marilyn

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154690
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
That was posted by Jess on August 10th, 2010.
Jess passed from this world on August 8th, 2012.

Rest in Peace.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154691
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

4

If you're new to this forum please watch this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Carlton

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154692
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

marilyn wrote:
<quoted text>
That was posted by Jess on August 10th, 2010.
Jess passed from this world on August 8th, 2012.
Rest in Peace.
I believe Jess posted the initial message on this thread on Aug 4th.

Farewell, Jess. RIP

~ Carlton Bixx
Bill

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154693
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Why? Because the majority can't over-ride the Constitution of the United States. Because the majority often can be bigoted. The majority could 'outlaw' certain religions, or impose their will just because they are a majority. A cetain policy maybe being something that appeals to the majority, but doesn't make it Constitutional.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154694
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Prof Marvel wrote:
If you're new to this forum please watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Maybe this is a video you should watch.......it's about what your worth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BigBang

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154695
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Why do those fools with ears wrapped around their eyes and ears keep posting worthless comments that are racists in nature and theatening in tone?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154696
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off......I don't need to read the ANTI-GAY CRAP from Shilts or Rotello or Mass Resistance to have more knowledge than you about one's sexual orientation.....and if you believe those folks, it's no wonder your such the idiot you are!!!!
Secondly.......until you can explain the difference between "TRANSGENDER" and "TRANSVESTITE"...... .nothing I say will matter because you already are clueless on this issue as well.
Thirdly........MassResistance is extremely ANTI-GAY, they violate the privacy laws by stalking Gay families, taking pictures of their children and posting OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse that NEVER takes place......and that's just for starters!!!!
Stop blowing smoke.

You're doing what you people always do when you encounter others who don't lock-step to you agenda -- you demonize them.

If Mass Resistance is committing all those crimes you say they are, why haven't they been charged?

And your supposed OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse, is a letter from one of your pedophiles describing how the Gay-Straight Alliance club he was a member of was awash with alcohol and drugs and the routine molestation of boys as young as 14. Here's a full description of the incident. Suppose we let the readers judge for themselves:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/12b/f...
Crazy Ryan

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154697
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

This is what a Paul Ryan whould support:

He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students.

His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154698
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop blowing smoke.
You're doing what you people always do when you encounter others who don't lock-step to you agenda -- you demonize them.
If Mass Resistance is committing all those crimes you say they are, why haven't they been charged?
And your supposed OUTRAGEOUS ALLEGATIONS about abuse, is a letter from one of your pedophiles describing how the Gay-Straight Alliance club he was a member of was awash with alcohol and drugs and the routine molestation of boys as young as 14. Here's a full description of the incident. Suppose we let the readers judge for themselves:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/12b/f...
Once more to remind you of the facts that Mass Resistance refuses to acknowledge. The allegations contained in that letter were thoroughly investigated by local and state authorities and the ONLY person charged with ANY criminal act was the letter writer himself and he was charged because his age put him just outside the provisions of the state's "Romeo and Juliet" law. The allegations of rampant sexual abuse, alcohol and drug abuse were proved to be UNFOUNDED. You have been told this on any number of occasions and have even been provided with links to actual news accounts of the story and yet you persist in repeating the same lie. Are you suffering from some sort of brain damage which might excuse this sort of behavior on your part or are you just morally and ethically bankrupt?
US Ultimatum

Huntington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154699
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Crazy Ryan wrote:
This is what a Paul Ryan whould support:
He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students.
His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.
Could it be because we probably are broke and too busy giving away money to other nations and getting NOTHING in return.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154700
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of shit with your "relation terms, evolutionary terms, congruent" mess. This is America. People may dress however they wish. What's it to you if women wear pants (OMFG!) Or do you think all women who wear pants do so to attract other women?
My fear?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
The fear is all yours, honey. You cannot handle the uncertainty so you react with a typical control-freak attitude: Everyone must dress according to your standards so you don't freak out. Sorry, honey... life doesn't work that way... unless you think all women should be wearing black burkahs. Then you are in the wrong country.
I support marriage equality so don't get all bent out of shape and faint on us or anything like that but seriously, with all due respect, why DO lesbians dress like men? And why does asking that question make you angry?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,081 - 137,100 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
•••

Westminster Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••