Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#143295 May 28, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
People like _Reality Speaks_ is the reason America is the laughing stock of the world. Promoting bigotry and homophobia. The issue of gay marriage is a non issue in Europe, South Africa, Argentina, etc. but people like _Reality Speaks_ want to take us back to the 1950s when gay people where arrested in the USA for being gay.
You shrill, whining bytch, where did I say that? I stated clearly that I support something like marriage for you gays, but it wome be marriage as I know it. It will be gay marriage, and that is different from marriage no matter how hard you people try to make it the same. I am not a homophobe, and I have no problem with you being gay. But you cant marry your lover and expect it to be seen as my marriage. Arrested? You have to LIE to make your points? You just strengthened my resolve to make sure you lying activists never are allowed to upturn the democratic process in America by FORCING your gay agenda down our throats.
It used to be illegal in the USA to be gay. That's why gay marriage is a new thing. Because we have been persecuted for centuries and we are not gonna take it anymore! I've had it. No more. I'm sick of all of this homophobic bigoted anti-gay society we live in.
Being gay is unnatural. If everybody was gay, the Human race would be extinct in a single generation. You being gay does not make you less of a person, but it does make you abnormal as compared to the rest of Humanity. This is just how it is, without any subjective judgements. Your behaviors lead to a dead end, and because gays cannot bear children, their numbers are self-limiting. Adoption is an artificial construct. Gay "couples" can never be conplete because they require the absence of wither a female or a male parent 100% of the time.
How dare you? How dare you claim you should have more rights and benefits than another group of people? Marriage goes beyond just a word. Adoption rights for same sex couples will be granted in Maryland because of the legalization of gay marriage.
Bitch please. You have the SAME rights. If you want to marry a woman or man (your opposite), you can do so in any state in the United States. It will be recognized by the federal government, by all nations on earth. Your choice to be gay means you cannot be with a same sex partner and call yourself married because that relationship does not qualify as marriage.

HOW DARE YOU try to strip the meaning of marriage away from Nature and God, and give it to some perverted tryst between two people of the same sex! FREAK!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143296 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>Your as clueless as Nutral and just as stupid. I told you all I would get you. Nutral, Sly prick and you pissed off a lot of people. This could be Doc, Murphy, Seen, WAAT or Nettie, but then it could not be. We decided to take your show in the road. You backed Nutral and now you will pay. Native is a lamb compared to me and the Doc is mild compared to the storms I can cause.
It really doesn't matter who you are.....I know who you aren't.......the rest is irrelevant!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143298 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are not married. It is the same as slavery and the laws not allowing blacks the right to use public bathrooms. No you are married to some man's wife and his children's mom.
However, you are a pedophile not a wife.
I'm not sure where the hell Slavery has anything to do with this issue, but I'm sure you'll keep harping on like a new toy......lol!!!

Actually, my wife is ONLY married to me......if she had still been married to someone else.....we'd not have been able to legally married as that would have made one of us a bigamist.....which is illegal.

Don't ya ever get tired of being wrong? or does it simply just come natural to ya?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143300 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>You make me ashamed to be gay, because you are stupid and a hateful bigot. You need help.
Well, that's your right.
The Corbomite Maneuver

Seattle, WA

#143302 May 28, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, not according to this:
ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME–SEX COUPLES TO MARRY.
INITIATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT.
http://voterguide.sos.ca.gov/past/2008/genera...
You're wrong......what a surprise!!!
You are a stupid troll and that makes you mentally ill.

The liberal idiots placed that title on the Initiative and you still lost. GOT IT, EVEN WITH THAT FORCED TITLE BY JERRY BROWN: ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME–SEX COUPLES TO MARRY.

You still lost.

Prop 8: "Only a marriage between a man and a woman are recognized in California."

That is what it said, fool and that says nothing about same-sex or gay.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and having your dad's black tranny dick in your fat azz?
The Corbomite Maneuver

Seattle, WA

#143303 May 28, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's your right.
Yes, and your dad said it was his right to treat you like his gay boy lover. Do you have a black dick?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143304 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
You know NOTHING of my size, so you make childish insults........we call that being a bully.

As for my wife.....again....you know nothing of her life......so, keep looking like the jackazz you are.

This thread is neither about my personal life or my wife's......but it does have something to do with the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples in California.

Do try to stay on topic.........it won't make you look so foolish!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143306 May 28, 2012
The Corbomite Maneuver wrote:
<quoted text>You are a stupid troll and that makes you mentally ill.
The liberal idiots placed that title on the Initiative and you still lost. GOT IT, EVEN WITH THAT FORCED TITLE BY JERRY BROWN: ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME–SEX COUPLES TO MARRY.
You still lost.
Prop 8: "Only a marriage between a man and a woman are recognized in California."
That is what it said, fool and that says nothing about same-sex or gay.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and having your dad's black tranny dick in your fat azz?
My point was you were wrong.....you stated that Prop 8 didn't mention Gay or Same-Sex and it does!!!

You're right.....it does say that.....but Prop 8 DOESN'T apply to the 18,000 legally married Same-Sex Couples.....didn't you bother to read that in the Strauss vs Horton ruling by the CSSC in May of 2009?

I wish you'd stop fantasying about having some black man's dick up your azz......it's none of my business and I'm sure no one else wants to read about it either.....sick b@stard!!!

Oh and I'm not Black, nor Transgender and not Rose from North Hollywood.....though, from what I've read.....she kicks your azz quite a bit!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143308 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you get tired of being wrong,freak......here is what it says and all else was Jerry Brown liberal add-on and you still lost.
Prop 8 SEC. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.
Doesn't apply to the 18,000 legally Married Same-Sex Couples who were married BEFORE the passage of Prop 8.

Are you really that incapable of comprehending the UNANIMOUS ruling by the California State Supreme Court on the existing marriages before the vote on Prop 8 took place?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143318 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>Go screw your self, liar. There never has been 18,000 legally married couples in California, 1/3 to 1/4 of those couples left the very next day. If you weren't so stupid, you could look up exactly where they came from and that number.
Prop 8 invalidated that ruling, fool and then the CSSC reversed their own position.
Are you really incapable of comprehending Prop 8 which says SEC. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized
in California.
You are too stupid and ignorant to see that once Prop 8 is upheld, the legal challenge to all 13-15,000 of the remaining same-sex marriages are inherent in Prop 8.
The number has NEVER been disputed by the proponents of Prop 8.....so, I'll accept the number in court documents.

Prop 8 was NOT retroactive.......therefore it only prevent future issuing of Marriage Licenses to Same-Sex Couples.....IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE EXISTING MARRIAGES......again read the Strauss vs Horton ruling(CSSC May 2009)

It matters not if the couples stayed in California or left the next day......their marriages are still VALID, LEGAL AND RECOGNIZED in California today and in ANY STATE THAT RECOGNIZES THE LEGAL MARRIAGES PERFORMED IN CALIFORNIA.

I could look up every marriage that was performed......but why would I? Where the couples came from is irrelevant seeing as California has no residency requirement in order to get married here.......just a divorce residency requirement!!!

The CSSC DID NOT reverse it's self......it made a ruling in the re Marriage case about Prop 22 that granted the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples in May of 2008. In May of 2009, it ruled that Prop 8 was a Proper Amendment, it ruled that Prop 8 was NOT retroactive and it ruled that the existing marriages would remain VALID, LEGAL AND RECOGNIZED in spite of the wording in Prop 8. I'm certain you can go read these decisions, but it's much easier to lie and get caught in those lies of yours!!!

Prop 8 has been ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL by Judge Walker in August of 2010. The 9th has upheld Judge Walker's ruling in February of 2012......and currently we are waiting to see if the 9th will grant an en blanc hearing or if they will decline that request.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143319 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you are accusing RoseNoHo of being a black tranny. No, your black tranny dad had his black dick in your azz since you were 5 years old.
From what I have read, Seen has kicked your azz all over Topix and that is one fat black azz to kick.
Oh shut up biotch, you know that you love black dicks in your fat bubble azz. Tell your squaw cow to go suck her children's dad dick, because you are a dickless tranny.
Wow, where did I ever say that Rose was a tranny?

“"And Stay Off"”

Since: May 12

Tempe Arizona

#143322 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up, you are making all gays look like fools.
And this very post shows just how out of touch with reality to are my friend! I have to give her credit for not completely losing it with you! I'm sorry but there is something terribly,terrible wrong with you and I fear you need to seek some type of psychological assistance and I have the awful feeling that it will not be the first time! My god man,get a grip or at least help me to stop laughing at you,when you should be pitied for your obvious mental disorder and disease! Are you on meds? Would you like some? For Christs sake's,go to bed,you'd be surprised what a good nights sleep will do!And if by chance if you're a Christian go see your minister or priest. LOL

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143323 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
The facts are this:
18,000 Same-Sex Couples got married
18,000 Same-Sex Couples remain LEGALLY MARRIED in spite of Prop 8.
Prop 8 has been ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL
Judge Walker's ruling has been upheld by the 9th
Prop 8 ELIMINATED a right against only one minority group of individuals
You can call me all the names you want, but it won't change anything or the fact that those marriages are still valid, legal and recognized today and that those married couples will be celebrating their 4th wedding anniversaries starting in a couple of weeks.

Now, you can call yourself the Happy Gay, you can make childish threats, you can call me names all day long.....your right......but it is my right to call BULLSHIT.....so, be whoever you want to me......say whatever you want to say......but at the end of the day.......I get to hold my wife, love her and know that I am a lucky woman because I got to exercise my right to marry the woman of my dreams!!!

Now, go be happy dancing in the tulips!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143325 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up, you are making all gays look like fools.
Sorry, but the only supposed Gay who is looking the fool here is YOU!!!

Don't want to marry......your right.....but you don't get to tell others how they should live their lives or if they should have the right to fight for their right to marry the person of their choosing!!!!

I will continue to post my opinion.....my right as an American Citizen and as a Veteran who served my Country!!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#143326 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the records show that they went back to there own states where they could not marry, and htis was true in all but a few cases.
It is also a recorded fact that there have been numerous gay marriages which ended in divorce.
Here are the facts, so why lie about it?
Dissent
The dissenting judge, Judge N. Randy Smith, noted in his dissent that states do legitimately prohibit sexual relationships condemned by society such as incest, bigamy, and bestiality, and impose age limits for marriage without violating constitutional rights.[195] He stated that "gays and lesbians are not a suspect or quasi-suspect class" and are thus not entitled to the courts' increased scrutiny of laws that affect them.[195] He wrote, "The family structure of two committed biological parents – one man and one woman – is the optimal partnership for raising children." He also said that governments have a legitimate interest in "a responsible procreation theory, justifying the inducement of marital recognition only for opposite-sex couples" because only they can have children.[195] He urged judicial restraint, that the justices should refrain from striking down Proposition 8.[196]
Proponents appealed the judgment on February 21, requesting to have to the case reviewed en banc by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.[197] If granted, en banc review could take a year or more, which would delay possible U.S. Supreme Court review. Pending the appeal, a stay has been continued, barring any marriages from taking place.
Full text
Proposition 8 consisted of two sections. Its full text was:[199]
Section I. Title
This measure shall be known and may be cited as the "California Marriage Protection Act." Section 2. Article I. Section 7.5 is added to the California Constitution, to read: Sec. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.
This was straight from Wikipeddia and it has the true title of the Proposition.
If you radical gays did not lie so much, there would not bve so much anger and lack of trust towards gays.
Many did go back to the home state.....that's TOTALLY irrelevant to them and their marriages!!

Really......proof please......I mean I've heard of one divorce.....but many.....sorry, not buying it......and trust me......if there had been a lot......it would have made the news......lol!!!

Justice Smith is entitled to his dissent, many Justices over the years have not agreed with the majority on cases......that has meant little to cases still being won. Lawrence vs Texas was not a UNANIMOUS ruling......nevertheless, Sodomy laws were ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Romer vs Evens was also not a UNANIMOUS ruling........nevertheless, Amendment 2 in Colorado was ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I believe the 9th will probably not grant the en blanc review, but anything is possible.......frankly, if the 9th doesn't grant the en blanc hearing, the proponents will have 90 days to appeal to SCOTUS.........SCOTUS goes on recess in June and doesn't come back in session until October of 2012. Because of the narrow ruling by the 3 panel Justices, it is possible that SCOTUS will more than likely not hear an appeal, but again anything is possible......and remember SCOTUS only hears about 1% of appeals that come to them and this issue is not one they really want to address.
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143327 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has make a threat to you here, this is not the playground, grow up.
they said I issued a terrorist threat as I said the phrase even if blog gets spilled..........LOL
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143328 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has make a threat to you here, this is not the playground, grow up.
blood spilled
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143329 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>What is assine is the number of idiots who gave you a positive judgit.

I bet if we could see who was doing the judgits, these idiots would not laty claim to your post. What a putz.
he is the king of lies and is so stupid he does not think people notice
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143330 May 28, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah I heard. They speak "love", "tolerance", & "acceptance" yet I see them being hateful, intolerant, & bigots to religious people & Conservatives. Typical Liberal behavior.
you got that right
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143331 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly but you keep responding to me,so the joke is on you.
you are the joke fairy..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Gamebreaker Helmets Dec 15 BrianMatthews 1
Disposing of Gas Canisters Dec 6 Murry Page 1
Alex Soteras - Dishonesty Within the Chamber of... (Mar '10) Dec 5 MLawrence 94
Calabasas Music Thread (Feb '14) Dec 5 Musikologist 4
Abby Sunderland (Feb '13) Dec 4 Mount Suveus 19
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Review: Coastal Allergy Care - Christina N Porc... (Mar '10) Dec 3 Tom Baker 3

Westlake Village News Video

Westlake Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake Village

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:22 pm PST