Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#143325 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up, you are making all gays look like fools.
Sorry, but the only supposed Gay who is looking the fool here is YOU!!!

Don't want to marry......your right.....but you don't get to tell others how they should live their lives or if they should have the right to fight for their right to marry the person of their choosing!!!!

I will continue to post my opinion.....my right as an American Citizen and as a Veteran who served my Country!!!!

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#143326 May 28, 2012
Happy Gay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the records show that they went back to there own states where they could not marry, and htis was true in all but a few cases.
It is also a recorded fact that there have been numerous gay marriages which ended in divorce.
Here are the facts, so why lie about it?
Dissent
The dissenting judge, Judge N. Randy Smith, noted in his dissent that states do legitimately prohibit sexual relationships condemned by society such as incest, bigamy, and bestiality, and impose age limits for marriage without violating constitutional rights.[195] He stated that "gays and lesbians are not a suspect or quasi-suspect class" and are thus not entitled to the courts' increased scrutiny of laws that affect them.[195] He wrote, "The family structure of two committed biological parents – one man and one woman – is the optimal partnership for raising children." He also said that governments have a legitimate interest in "a responsible procreation theory, justifying the inducement of marital recognition only for opposite-sex couples" because only they can have children.[195] He urged judicial restraint, that the justices should refrain from striking down Proposition 8.[196]
Proponents appealed the judgment on February 21, requesting to have to the case reviewed en banc by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.[197] If granted, en banc review could take a year or more, which would delay possible U.S. Supreme Court review. Pending the appeal, a stay has been continued, barring any marriages from taking place.
Full text
Proposition 8 consisted of two sections. Its full text was:[199]
Section I. Title
This measure shall be known and may be cited as the "California Marriage Protection Act." Section 2. Article I. Section 7.5 is added to the California Constitution, to read: Sec. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.
This was straight from Wikipeddia and it has the true title of the Proposition.
If you radical gays did not lie so much, there would not bve so much anger and lack of trust towards gays.
Many did go back to the home state.....that's TOTALLY irrelevant to them and their marriages!!

Really......proof please......I mean I've heard of one divorce.....but many.....sorry, not buying it......and trust me......if there had been a lot......it would have made the news......lol!!!

Justice Smith is entitled to his dissent, many Justices over the years have not agreed with the majority on cases......that has meant little to cases still being won. Lawrence vs Texas was not a UNANIMOUS ruling......nevertheless, Sodomy laws were ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Romer vs Evens was also not a UNANIMOUS ruling........nevertheless, Amendment 2 in Colorado was ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I believe the 9th will probably not grant the en blanc review, but anything is possible.......frankly, if the 9th doesn't grant the en blanc hearing, the proponents will have 90 days to appeal to SCOTUS.........SCOTUS goes on recess in June and doesn't come back in session until October of 2012. Because of the narrow ruling by the 3 panel Justices, it is possible that SCOTUS will more than likely not hear an appeal, but again anything is possible......and remember SCOTUS only hears about 1% of appeals that come to them and this issue is not one they really want to address.
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143327 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has make a threat to you here, this is not the playground, grow up.
they said I issued a terrorist threat as I said the phrase even if blog gets spilled..........LOL
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143328 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has make a threat to you here, this is not the playground, grow up.
blood spilled
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143329 May 28, 2012
Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>What is assine is the number of idiots who gave you a positive judgit.

I bet if we could see who was doing the judgits, these idiots would not laty claim to your post. What a putz.
he is the king of lies and is so stupid he does not think people notice
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143330 May 28, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah I heard. They speak "love", "tolerance", & "acceptance" yet I see them being hateful, intolerant, & bigots to religious people & Conservatives. Typical Liberal behavior.
you got that right
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143331 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly but you keep responding to me,so the joke is on you.
you are the joke fairy..........LOL
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143332 May 28, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Opposing murder and taxes has little to do with ego and projecting an image to the the world, bashing gays is a form of inoculation for latent gays in order to deflect any suspicions of gayness from herself/himself
yes everyone laughs at you
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143333 May 28, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>The vast majority of the USA will make sure you stay way, way south of the border....
wrong again but only a moron like you would say something like that
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143335 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>EIther you gonna support it whether if you gonna force or figure it out on your own.
I will stop the perverts from changing the word marriage even if blood gets spilled..........ROTFLMAO
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143336 May 28, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you changed your mind now about trying to change the US Constitution?
Boy, you surely are wishy washy, aren't you?
I se
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143337 May 28, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you changed your mind now about trying to change the US Constitution?
you don't und
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143338 May 28, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
understand anything you read.........LOL
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143339 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>You fell for my trap,better luck. Next time sucker
did you se
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143340 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>You fell for my trap,better luck. Next time sucker
that I used the blood spilled phrase twice again this very fine morning???????
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143341 May 28, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>If majority voted to take away rights for no reason would that be fair.
yes it would when I am on the side of the right and you are the wrong........LOL

And yes we will stop the abnormals from changing the word marriage even if blood gets spilled..........ROTFLMAO

Three times this morning......LOL

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#143342 May 28, 2012
_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You shrill, whining bytch, where did I say that? I stated clearly that I support something like marriage for you gays, but it wome be marriage as I know it. It will be gay marriage, and that is different from marriage no matter how hard you people try to make it the same. I am not a homophobe, and I have no problem with you being gay. But you cant marry your lover and expect it to be seen as my marriage. Arrested? You have to LIE to make your points? You just strengthened my resolve to make sure you lying activists never are allowed to upturn the democratic process in America by FORCING your gay agenda down our throats.
I'm not forcing anything on anyone. All I want is equal rights. I want to marry my boyfriend in Pennsylvania yet people like you are denying us equal rights. You claim to be defending the "democratic process" but it's clear you have no idea what you are talking about. First America is not a direct democracy. It's a representative democracy. People don't vote to elected the president. People vote for the electoral votes and the electoral votes go to who will be president. The founding fathers insured America didn't become a direct democracy because they knew that if it where left to a popular vote the majority would vote for their interests over minorities each time. Look up the term tyranny of the majority.
_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
Being gay is unnatural. If everybody was gay, the Human race would be extinct in a single generation. You being gay does not make you less of a person, but it does make you abnormal as compared to the rest of Humanity. This is just how it is, without any subjective judgements. Your behaviors lead to a dead end, and because gays cannot bear children, their numbers are self-limiting. Adoption is an artificial construct. Gay "couples" can never be conplete because they require the absence of wither a female or a male parent 100% of the time.
Hey homosexuality exists not just in humans but many other species of animals. There are even some reptilians who can breed with the same sex and produce children. If it accrues in nature it's natural.
_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
Bitch please. You have the SAME rights. If you want to marry a woman or man (your opposite), you can do so in any state in the United States. It will be recognized by the federal government, by all nations on earth. Your choice to be gay means you cannot be with a same sex partner and call yourself married because that relationship does not qualify as marriage.
HOW DARE YOU try to strip the meaning of marriage away from Nature and God, and give it to some perverted tryst between two people of the same sex! FREAK!
Why would someone who is GAY marry someone of the OPPOSITE sex? Do you understand that makes no logical sense what so ever?

If god has a problem with me being gay? Did god talk with you? How do you even know god exists?

Also being gay is NOT A CHOICE! I was BORN THIS WAY! Did you CHOOSE to be straight? Why would people choose to go though so much discrimination?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#143343 May 28, 2012
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No married couple is required to recognize all committed relationships as a requirement to obtain a marriage license. Just ask straight folks. Very few support incest, child marriages, or polygamy, and yet they are allowed to marry. Gay couples are no different.
It's not married people demanding that a committed relationship be called marriage, it's gay couples.

If the definition of marriage is dumbed down to “a committed relationship, ANYONE in ANY committed relationship(s) can claim the same, since the Constitution requires equal rights for ALL.
If you dumb marriage down to the minimum of “two people”, that is discrimination against three or more, since the Constitution requires equal rights (of two people) for ALL.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143344 May 28, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
as the majority we hold everything including the lock we are going to install on your closet door
Too much tequilla, dude. Deny reality all you want.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143345 May 28, 2012
Here Is Onem wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it would when I am on the side of the right and you are the wrong........LOL
And yes we will stop the abnormals from changing the word marriage even if blood gets spilled..........ROTFLMAO
Three times this morning......LOL
Yes. Thanks for the evidence that you are emotionally over-invested in this topic. You have issues, sugar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prince Jackson picks up some goodies on a solo ... 12 hr Octopus 3
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) Sun BUDSMOKER1503OC 1,712
News 2.5 Men Malibu Dream Vacation Contest May 20 Randall Hass 1
News Two and a half Men's Malibu Dream Getaway May 17 Kmills60 2
Does Kendall Really Think Kylie is Trashy? May 14 Bansky 1
Compound medication for Pain Management Feb '15 compoundia 1
MusiciansFriend Feb '15 Mitch 1
More from around the web

Westlake Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]