Ken Burns to visit Westerville

Famed documentarian Ken Burns will visit to Westerville Sept. 22 before the debut of his new documentary, "Prohibition" on PBS in October. Full Story
Buster Hyman

Perrysburg, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Very feminine man. Might be a little light in his shoes.
Pilot 337

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2011
Buster Hyman wrote:
Buster Hyman might be an idiot...

Buster: Your village called. They want you back.
The Dude abides

Lewis Center, OH

#3 Jun 24, 2011
Interesting that a guy named hymen would question another man's masculinity.
Dave Hanson

Westerville, OH

#4 Jun 24, 2011
Buster Hyman wrote:
Burns is married (to a woman) and is a father.
History fan

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 29, 2011
Buster Hyman wrote:
Aside from being totally off subject, mean spirited, and irrelevant, this posting shows more than poor taste. It shows a lack of respect for a most importnat aspect of our education: HISTORY. Too many recent surveys show tbat our students, and population in general, have an abysmal knowledge of history. They make fun of not knowing something. They think that history is just a collection of long-past dates and a bunch of old dead people.

Some ask "Why study history -- there's no future in it". How wrong they are! Knowing the history of yourself, your family, your community and your country (as well as your world) are vitally important when it comes to making real decisions. Such knowledge helps one to understand the differences between people, nations, and religions. A knowledge of history will make you a better voter, a better member of the community, and overall a better citizen. I find it unacceptable for our so-called political "leaders" and those running for office have a convenient and embarassing ignorence of history. If it weren't so serious, some of the political posturing would actually be entertaining. And to make matters worse, there are huge numbers of followers who will believe every word, even if it isn't true. Knowing history would surely preclude many poor decisions, and would help provide guidance when it comes to anticipating the impact of decisions regarding war and peace, the economy, the evolution of social civility snd a long list of other real-time situations.

We need more people like Ken Burns who have a passion for the subject and the talent to bring it into focue for a great educational experience. Who knows, Buster, you might accidentally learn something!!
kwg

Hilliard, OH

#6 Jun 29, 2011
I have only one question... Where can I get my lottery tickets? This will be the best event all year!! History, Documentaries, and Ken Burns...it doesn't get any better than this!
westerville gal

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jun 30, 2011
Pilot 337 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buster Hyman might be an idiot...
Buster: Your village called. They want you back.
AMEN!!!
lucky in westerville

Westerville, OH

#8 Aug 26, 2011
Feminine or not...who cares. He is brilliant..and I won tickets to the luncheon!
(thinkin' Hymen is a creeper..come on' "buster hymen"? disgusting.)
Mike fm Taxerville

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 26, 2011
Hey Ken,

After the lunch, meet me at the Old Bag of Nails or Jimmy V's and I'll buy you a beer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 21 min d pantz 3,966
Snapchat 51 min roughsex999 3
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 5 hr They cannot kill ... 113
Columbus police officer to resign after pleadin... 5 hr Zoe Regen 3
Where has Rowdy been 5 hr Zoe Regen 2
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 7 hr Big Johnson 2,725
President Ebola 10 hr Black Rhino 695
Westerville Dating
Find my Match

Westerville Jobs