D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel

Colorado Springs' largest school district banned garb associated with Insane Clown Posse on Monday after fans of the horror rap/metal duo were linked to violence at two high schools and a charter school. Full Story
First Prev
of 63
Next Last
Frances Gaylord

Missoula, MT

#1 Jan 22, 2006
My fourteen year old daughter was abducted, drugged and raped, November 09, 2004 by five members of the Insane Clown Posse gang here in Grand Junction, Colorado. This "gang" is known for their drug use and abuse, and, distribution, and, for their dealing in illegal weapons. The school district here banned the group's clothing and accessories, too, but, after the assault on my daughter, Mesa County sheriff's claim they had never heard of them. There have been no arrests. I applaude your school district for their decisiveness and for their vigilence in recognizing this problem, and, I ask here, if any other parents might have other horror stories that connect to any similar known activities of this group there on the Front Range? Anyone wanting to communicate with me about their experiences and/or their concerns about the dealings and the activities of this vile, and, I do believe, dangerous organization may email me at apachejew@yahoo.com.
James

Redmond, WA

#2 Jan 25, 2006
It is not the clothing or the way they wear their hair...it is there upbringing. I am sure you do not want to face the fact that you are a victims parent and nothing can change that but bleeding hearts do not make for stronger country. Most people are forced to work and therfore cannot raise their kids responsibly so they hire daycare. Great however, the principles of the parents are not reinforced and the principles of the daycare are. I wish people would quit pointing fingers at something as silly as clothing or as irrelevent as the kind of music they listen to. As a country that cares about its constituents we need to take responsibility for our mistakes and fopaus. We the parents are responsible for how our children turn out. It is a tragedy that some kids raped this girl, sure, but was it the clothing that did the damage. Come on people, think before you act.
James

Redmond, WA

#3 Jan 25, 2006
Insane Clown Posse is a band in America and not a gang. Thats like saying that because you choose to wear sports appearal like a Broncos shirt and four more of your buddies are wearing the same attire that they are a gang...rediculous. If these Broncos fans commit a hanious crime they will not be known as the Brocos gang but instead they would be known for the crime they did while wearing the Broncos gear. I am sorry for your daughters experience but do not encourage our school system to violate our civil rights. Lets fix the problem at home where these gangsters live not at school where the priority is education. If our public schools cannot find a way to make our children safe that is effective and not regulatory in nature then maybe there should not be public schools and maybe home education is the safest way to rear our children instead of letting some teacher who not have children make the decisions that form our childrens minds at an early age. Who cares what the shirt says, it is the quality of our family that matters. Buy a gun and solve your problem the American way...shoot the bastards or castrate them if you are non violent.
casper

Denver, CO

#4 Feb 23, 2006
the insane clown posse is a bunch of f#### p##### who think they are thugs. first of all none of them have guns, they just think that they are bad. but all they do is smoke c#### and ride the gvt all f%#$%# day long

west side p*^%$# a** clown b*%$##
Samael

Poznan, Poland

#5 Mar 5, 2006
Polska kocha ICP!! Casper - jedz kał!!!!!!
James

Redmond, WA

#6 Mar 5, 2006
CAn you say Goof-Troop?
Samel

Poznan, Poland

#8 Mar 12, 2006
Say what? GUGU GAGA
April

Buffalo, NY

#10 Mar 16, 2006
Frances Gaylord wrote:
My fourteen year old daughter was abducted, drugged and raped, November 09, 2004 by five members of the Insane Clown Posse gang here in Grand Junction, Colorado. This "gang" is known for their drug use and abuse, and, distribution, and, for their dealing in illegal weapons. The school district here banned the group's clothing and accessories, too, but, after the assault on my daughter, Mesa County sheriff's claim they had never heard of them. There have been no arrests. I applaude your school district for their decisiveness and for their vigilence in recognizing this problem, and, I ask here, if any other parents might have other horror stories that connect to any similar known activities of this group there on the Front Range? Anyone wanting to communicate with me about their experiences and/or their concerns about the dealings and the activities of this vile, and, I do believe, dangerous organization may email me at apachejew@yahoo.com.
I'm sorry about your daughter. But I honestly do not think that becuase these people listen to ICP they raped your daughter. I personally listen to icp and they happen to be my favorite group. And I want to tell you that, they are NOT about violence. And if you took the time to listen to the lyrics, you would understand. So i just wanted to tell you to plz stop blaming the music on the actions that people happen to take. It's not the music.
Chucky

Carleton, MI

#11 Mar 16, 2006
I listen to I.C.P Yes Thay are rode crule and vile but its all entertanment value it an act calm down
jessica

Buckfield, ME

#13 Mar 22, 2006
i listen to insane clown posse all the time they make great music and put on a great show and because i listen to them doesn't mean i am a bad person and 99% of people who listen to them are not bad people it's that 1% that all ready have problems. i am sorry to hear about your daughter but those few people are the ones who already have problems it's really not the music
Kaleb williams

Kingfisher, OK

#14 Mar 27, 2006
i just love the insane clown possie!!!! they are just so awsome
That One Juggalette

Pueblo, CO

#15 Mar 27, 2006
I don't get how people can say something bad about Insane Clown Posse when all they are trying to do is make some money. Poeple can't say that people have done something and they were all Juggalos/Juggalettes so it is ICP's fault there is no possible way,that is just like saying;well because people in church all worship one God, and a few of them did something wrong all of them are guilty and si is their God. You just can't do it. They all have their problems, who doesnt? I know i do and they hurt me everyday, so why not think of what hurts ICP the most is coming out through their music.

Signed,
That One ~Juggalette~
destiny

Piketon, OH

#16 Apr 6, 2006
i love insane clown posse and thier music is not suacidle like people say and not all people are bad
jazzinsky

Houston, TX

#18 Apr 10, 2006
Frances Gaylord wrote:
I have reviewed the negative comments to your story concerning your daughter's bad experience. Sorry for that. The comments are out of line, badly written, contain misspelled words and use unacceptable grammar. The respondents are obviously illiterate trash who aren't yet civilized enough to live with law abiding citizens like yourself. The world is full of these vermin, and real people just have to be on guard against them. It seems that the leadership in this country has actually contributed to the problem. The politicians are on the take from lobbyist who are on the take from business. The little guy always suffers. Our borders are open to drugs and terrorists and yet the leadership does nothing because big business needs the "slaves" to do the scut work. Go figure. Regards to you and your daughter.
Shane

Kinston, NC

#19 Apr 11, 2006
destiny wrote:
i love insane clown posse and thier music is not suacidle like people say and not all people are bad
hay baby my name is shane what do u look like
None

Lynnwood, WA

#20 Apr 17, 2006
I used to listen to ICP and I wore some of there stuff. I did do a little drugs....I was never violent and I never raped or did anything that could ever came close to anything like it. I still listen to rap and I even watch violent movies, I got kicked out of school a couple of times. I was picked on alot and was forced to fight many times but it was in defense and was not becasue of what i listened to...I was picked on for what i wore oddly enough. Do I sound like one of those terrible kids that you worry about, afraid that I will make your kids do bad things? Even after all the rap, the violent movies, and yes ICP I joined the army served 5 years and defended my country in Iraq. Be carefull what you choose to blame for the actions of others. Kids are only as good as their parents teach them to be. If you are a f*cked up parent you will raise f*cked up kids. When I was a kid I was told by adults that I looked like a trouble maker, my friends parents wouldn't let them hang out with me because of how I looked and what I listened to, and I was harrased daily. Now years later I have paid any debt I would ever owe to my country and most of those friends that I couldn't hang out with because I was a bad kid are on drugs and/or in jail...good thing their parents saved them from me.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#22 Apr 17, 2006
So the way you dress is ok...but the way they dress makes them morons? If you can judge a person by what they wear you are a better man than I. I serve with a kid that listens to all kinds of crazy music, wears baggy bondage pants, spiked collars and steel toed boots. He also went on numerous convoys in Iraq, put himself in danger to protect people we never met and watched the back of the man next to him. So I don't think this kid fits the sterotype you are placing all these kids in. So its srong for a group to call a song F*ck the world but its ok for Pac to tell BIG that he f*cked his B*tch you fat motherf*cker. People spend to much time dividing kids into groups....jocks, stoners, goths. In the end what good does it do. You are no better than the KKK if you can't accept that some people are different. Its not good to burn a cross in a black guys yard but its ok to alienate these kids cause you think they are freaks. I applaud the parents that buy all those baggy pants, the black fingernail polish, the spiked collars for their kids. At least they are letting their kids be who they want to be. Maybe parents should spend more time with their kids and learn more about their lives. If all you parents are so worried about video games, music, movies and such why don't you take an active role in their lives. Maybe they want your attention, maybe you should tell them you are proud of them. Heaven forbid you say somthing positive to them. People talk crap to them all the time why not help them. If your kids are on drugs, drinking, raping, stealing, or doing anything else illegal it is the parents fault. Lack of structure and poor supervision. Take responsibility for what you create and stop blaming it on movies and music. If movies and music are raising your kids shame on you, and shame on everyone that casts these kids aside because they are different. I guess we should kick all the retarded kids out of school since they are different. If you are going to be stupid at least be fair.
caring person

United States

#23 Apr 17, 2006
How dare you say horrible things to this mother whose daughter was raped. If a gang of violent sociopaths calls themselves Insane Clown Posse, obviously this isn't about the band - a gang is using the bands name.

Clothing DOES make a difference in schools. Banning anything associated with any gang no matter what it is - IS a good plan.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#24 Apr 17, 2006
My comments werent directed at the mother of the 14 year old. In fact I emailed her with information I knew about some kids that might know something. My comments were directed towards people like you that think if you force kids to act, look, and feel like everyone else you can make this a perfect world. I wear the same uniform that everyone else in the military wears, we all cary guns, we protect our "turf" does that make us a gang? So these kids can't wear their favorite bands t-shirt at school anymore that will make them stop hanging out together. You have a great plan let me know if it works.
caring person

United States

#25 Apr 17, 2006
You are so wrong. No one is trying to force kids to act any way at all - and no one looks for a perfect world, but banning anything gang related has shown success in schools. Educate yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westcliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'20th hijacker' seeks transfer to Guantanamo Dec 10 Numero UNO 1
flds Jul '14 KEM 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Westcliffe, CO (Jan '12) Dec '13 Veronica 7
Custer County meet-ups 1/30/2014 (Dec '13) Dec '13 TylerSmethills 1
Sheriff's office sued and investigated (Oct '11) Oct '11 Mountnmom77 1
4th of July (Jul '11) Jul '11 pjayala 1
Colorado: Duckett Fire now at 2,300 acres (Jun '11) Jun '11 crystal Takkersley 2
Westcliffe Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westcliffe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westcliffe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westcliffe

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST

Bleacher Report11:49AM