Gay-relationship debates hit a crucial turn

May 28, 2011 Full story: CJOnline.com 35

A flurry of activity in efforts to legally recognize gay relationships or ban same-sex marriage is reminding advocates that even though polls indicate growing acceptance, the debate is far from settled.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bailout my duck

Wheeling, IL

#22 May 30, 2011
whomo u dont

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#23 Jun 8, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are equal, in every way.
-
They are not equal in their public effect. Nothing comes out of a gay relationship that effects the public in any significant way.

Contrast this with opposite-sex couples whose public effect is important and significant when they make babies, something gay couples are incapable of without an opposite-sex partner.
-

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#24 Jun 8, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
They are not equal in their public effect. Nothing comes out of a gay relationship that effects the public in any significant way.
Contrast this with opposite-sex couples whose public effect is important and significant when they make babies, something gay couples are incapable of without an opposite-sex partner.
-
Not all heterosexual couples create babies, and many are quite incapable. Furthermore, children are a costly burden on both the family and the community. Yet we gays gladly shoulder the responsibility of educating children, whether born to heterosexual couples, single parents, or adopted. Your argument is invalid from each and every conceivable vantage point.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#25 Jun 9, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
-
Where so you conme up with this stuff?

What comes out os a same sex marriage?

Healthy and secure Children.
A more financially secure Couple--great for the economy
Protected seniors - also good for the economy
More settled family law

Ooo, guess what! ALL of the same things that come out of the average heterosexual marriage.

Since so many straight couples are raising children that are not genetically related to both spouses, you can't use that as a logical argument.

It doesn't matter in the eyes of the law, or society, if a married couple is raising a child genetically related to one parent, both parents, or no parent, now does it?

Trying to apply a different standard ONLY to gay couples is just plain rediculous, isn't it?

Location hidden

#26 Jun 14, 2011
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all heterosexual couples create babies, and many are quite incapable.
-
You willfully confuse the particular case with the general case. Thatís bad logic. An F for you!

The opposite-sex relationship is the only one capable of procreation. We are talking about the relationship here and not any particular couple.
-
Furthermore, children are a costly burden on both the family and the community. Yet we gays gladly shoulder the responsibility of educating children, whether born to heterosexual couples, single parents, or adopted. Your argument is invalid from each and every conceivable vantage point.
-
Oh, yes! The noble and self-sacrificing gays versus the irresponsible, rutting heterosexuals. No one is asking gays to shoulder the responsibility of educating children or raising them. In fact, people would prefer that gays not do this. Out and proud gays have no place around children. They are invariably a corrupting and degenerate influence on them.
-

Location hidden

#27 Jun 14, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where so you conme up with this stuff?
What comes out os a same sex marriage?
-
Nothing that society should care about. Itís not like gay relationships are responsible or indispensable for procreation the way opposite-sex relationships are.
-
Healthy and secure Children.
-
With warped values and worldviews. We need more children who will grow up to be good Christians, not those who are going to accept sexual perversion as the norm.
-
A more financially secure Couple--great for the economy
Protected seniors - also good for the economy
More settled family law
-
Civil unions and domestic partnerships can do all of those things. Marriage is not necessary.

Marriage is a monument to the relationship that has brought us all into the world. It is mothers and fathers. It merits honor and respect. Same-sex marriage just tears down this monument and covers it over with a shopping mall in its place.
-
Ooo, guess what! ALL of the same things that come out of the average heterosexual marriage.
-
Gimme, gimme, gimmeÖÖÖ thatís how one might describe the spirit of gays.
-
Since so many straight couples are raising children that are not genetically related to both spouses, you can't use that as a logical argument.
-
I use the argument that married opposite-sex couples set the example of the ideal sexual relationship, which it is, that their children might follow. Gay marriage subverts this ideal.
-
It doesn't matter in the eyes of the law, or society, if a married couple is raising a child genetically related to one parent, both parents, or no parent, now does it?
-
Who has ever thought the law was perfect or wise? Law is not about justice or right and wrong. Law is about power. And that power belongs in the hands of God-fearing and righteous people, not sex perverts and their leftwing, atheistic allies.
-
Trying to apply a different standard ONLY to gay couples is just plain rediculous, isn't it?
-
See? I knew this whole gay thing was a leftwing, commie plot. You gave it away when you spelled Ďridiculous' as REDiculous.
-

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#28 Jun 14, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
-
You willfully confuse the particular case with the general case. Thatís bad logic. An F for you!
The opposite-sex relationship is the only one capable of procreation. We are talking about the relationship here and not any particular couple.
-
<quoted text>-
Oh, yes! The noble and self-sacrificing gays versus the irresponsible, rutting heterosexuals. No one is asking gays to shoulder the responsibility of educating children or raising them. In fact, people would prefer that gays not do this. Out and proud gays have no place around children. They are invariably a corrupting and degenerate influence on them.
-
Great! So gays don't have to pay school taxes any more? I'll get a refund for my share of Women, Infants, and Children, No Child Left Behind, CHIP, etc? Not gonna happen you hypocrite.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29 Jun 14, 2011
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! So gays don't have to pay school taxes any more? I'll get a refund for my share of Women, Infants, and Children, No Child Left Behind, CHIP, etc? Not gonna happen you hypocrite.
Hon, I really think you're onto something! I'm really tiredr personally of the idea that the sole pupose for our being as a nation is as a zoo experiment in a primate breeding program. Baby, that's not why I and milliions like me hopped on to the American Dream : to do without so we can pay for all of your babies. There's over six billion of us right now_- how manny idiots do you feel you have to produce before you've feel you've perfected the art? We're drowning ing in an ocean of your causually produced and ill raised brats as it is. I've seen quite a few of them that you clobbered and raped. I see them roaming the neigborhood; last year we had over fifty windshields broken onn cars with families that were out of work can simply could not afford a loss like that. THESE ARE YOUR CHILDREN, and you're churning them out like the Gross National Product from your living room every year. And I'm expected, as a lesbian that never gave it to any man let alone welp the monstrocities that your putting out, supposed to saddle right up to the burden but be denied any tangible reward for it?

Location hidden

#30 Jun 14, 2011
Damn poor editing.." last year were fifty windshields broken in our nieborhood. This is a middle-class qorking neighborhood in a bad economy trying to scrape up morgage and simply could not afford that kind of loss'.

Location hidden

#31 Jun 14, 2011
screw it

Location hidden

#32 Jun 14, 2011
...and if I'm in your prayers at all, pray for my Hedy Lemarr exit just once before I die

Location hidden

#33 Jun 15, 2011
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, I really think you're onto something! I'm really tiredr personally of the idea that the sole pupose for our being as a nation is as a zoo experiment in a primate breeding program. Baby, that's not why I and milliions like me hopped on to the American Dream : to do without so we can pay for all of your babies. There's over six billion of us right now_- how manny idiots do you feel you have to produce before you've feel you've perfected the art? We're drowning ing in an ocean of your causually produced and ill raised brats as it is. I've seen quite a few of them that you clobbered and raped. I see them roaming the neigborhood; last year we had over fifty windshields broken onn cars with families that were out of work can simply could not afford a loss like that. THESE ARE YOUR CHILDREN, and you're churning them out like the Gross National Product from your living room every year. And I'm expected, as a lesbian that never gave it to any man let alone welp the monstrocities that your putting out, supposed to saddle right up to the burden but be denied any tangible reward for it?
-
Two things here:

Children ó other peopleís children ó will be paying for your social security retirement. So, itís only fair that you contribute to their well-being, otherwise youíll have a bunch of unemployed adults going around breaking windshields and not paying for your retirement.

Secondly, your example of anti-social youths going around breaking windshields can only stress how important it is for children to be raised in good, stable families with good Christian morals. Thus, the family must be strengthened and restored to its place of honor. That is why same-sex marriage should be rejected, because it dishonors the family and treats marriage as a mere pecuniary contract of no symbolic or cultural value.

Iíll bet these kids come from very dysfunctional families that are the product of leftwing, social policies and its educational system.
-

Location hidden

#34 Jun 15, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Two things here:
Children ó other peopleís children ó will be paying for your social security retirement. So, itís only fair that you contribute to their well-being, otherwise youíll have a bunch of unemployed adults going around breaking windshields and not paying for your retirement.
Secondly, your example of anti-social youths going around breaking windshields can only stress how important it is for children to be raised in good, stable families with good Christian morals. Thus, the family must be strengthened and restored to its place of honor. That is why same-sex marriage should be rejected, because it dishonors the family and treats marriage as a mere pecuniary contract of no symbolic or cultural value.
Iíll bet these kids come from very dysfunctional families that are the product of leftwing, social policies and its educational system.
-
Sweetie, there's a lot we can agree on. Families are important. Not just families_ GOOD families And the reason why you are seeing the break-down human values in our society is in direct response of the the same moral break-down in its religious innstitutionns. You're simply affecttious, a more of a display of men and their aspirattion for power. These kids break windows because they are taught that this is an appropiate response to people who don't agree with, that this is an apprpiate response. And that has been our response to the world as ambassadored by Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson. If there is any one force unleashed on the world that has the most devastating impact it has to be the Book of Revelations televangelist- Yessir, murder in the name of the Lord..the gift that keeps on giving. And the family values churches are just itching for a nuclear melt-down as a signal fire to Jesus that it's time to get his boys and party.
These kids are breaking windows because they are not taught human values. They are getting the liscence to kill from you.
Lets see....worry about paying for Social Security, or pay the cost of your over-breeding and training them to be assassins...

Location hidden

#35 Jun 15, 2011
sorry the editing

Location hidden

#36 Jun 15, 2011
I'm actually scrounging pop cans from the side of the roads to get cash for new glasses, so any hopes of a nice clean post before that just isn'nt a happening .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rudman Kenneth J DDS Oct 18 jany 3
Relocating to Rhode Island Oct 13 Mel 1
Review: Matthew P. Gabrilowitz - Injury And Div... Oct 11 jeremy 1
Review: Sandy Motors Inc (Jan '11) Oct 8 Mike 21
Michelle Caravelli's Family Memoir Offers Hope ... Oct 6 Anonymous 1
Gay snapchat (Oct '13) Oct 2 austin11756 33
West Warwick is giving each student a Google Ch... Oct 2 Far sighted 2
West Warwick Dating
Find my Match

West Warwick Jobs