Is this site representative of people in Adams County???

Posted in the West Union Forum

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2010
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

I think that some of the comments on this site are very distressing. I heard about the site and checked it out recently. In my opinion many of the threads (discussions) are very hurtful. There are other towns that use their Topix site for good things, like announcing yard sales, found pets, house for rent etc. I have seen a few positive posts on this site. Unfortunately, some of the threads are absolutely vicious. Yes, individuals in America do have freedom of speech. On the otherhand; basic courtesy should be observed. I checked out Topix in a few towns in surrounding counties. There was a post on the Hillsboro site which basically said that if people wanted entertainment they should check out the Peebles and Manchester sites. I didn't see West Union mentioned, but it is not any better.

What about saying good things about people? Perhaps people could post recipes, home remedies, tips for saving money or where to shop? Yard sale announcements would be great! I imagine that their are some Christians who check out this site. It would be a great place to share a devotional thought or a bible verse. Maybe we could offer encouragement for those who have lost jobs or who are depressed. Please join me in trying to make this site more positive and less embarrassing for our community. Thank you very much for your time and consideration of this matter.

Respectfully....
A friend who grew up in WU
why

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

I agree 100%. The gossips and lowlifes have found this site and have used it to gossip, dig up dirt and trash the names of people that they have personal issues with. It is mean and nasty and not being used for the purpose in which it was intended. I found out about this site when someone used it to try to ruin my daughters name. I used it to try to find a contractor to do some work for me and I got very few replys. Had I asked if anyone knew 'Joe Schmoe' I would have gotten 50 comments on how terrible 'Joe' is. We in Adams County have many good people and it should be portrayed as a great place to live. Instead we have people in the county, trashing every service, every person, roads, schools, hospitals, all sorts of professionals..everything. C'mon people...have some pride!!
hopeful in adams county

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

i agree too.stop trashing people on here.act like adults and you will be treated like adults.would you want your children on here reading this nasty comments???????
BoutTime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

Thank you so much for posting this thread. I too have checked out other threads and they are nothing like this. I grew up and graduated from WU and I have never been so ashamed. I even looked at the number of threads WU has compared to Manchester. We out number them by several hundred threads. Come on people we are better than this trash on here!!!!!
oldman

Stoutsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

i agre with you thistrashing eatcherotheris stupedwe all know some of the ones there talking about i am glad to here someone finely say someing about this it is about time and i think you all
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

I am really glad that there are individuals in the WU community who agree that this site needs to be used for more positive topics. Thanks and God Bless!!!! If you can think of good things to post, please do so. Please ask your friends to flood this site with good!
why

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

I just came back to check...of course this topic didn't get many posts.
Is this snow ever going to stop???
WHY WHENWHERE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

why wrote:
I just came back to check...of course this topic didn't get many posts.
Is this snow ever going to stop???
HOPE THE SNOW DOES STOP AND YOU HAVE A GOOG FUTURE.
concern

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

concerned wrote:
I am really glad that there are individuals in the WU community who agree that this site needs to be used for more positive topics. Thanks and God Bless!!!! If you can think of good things to post, please do so. Please ask your friends to flood this site with good!
Try to start something a conversation or looking for an old friend all you get on here is a bomb blast in the face all is criticisms wishful thinking FOR ANYTHING ELSE
concerned

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Hey,
I am happy that there are at least a few others who are also concerned about much of the content of this site. It is hard for me to give in and do nothing. If anyone has any ideas, please share!!

Concerned.....former WUHS graduate
concerned 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

I`ve had good friends with good reputations get bashed on here for no good reason and their children see it. I check from time to time to see if anything else has been posted about them or any of my family members. This site is extortion at it`s finest considering you have to pay $20 to get a thread removed. I think a class action suit should be brought against the company for not proofing comments before they are added or at the very least removing slanderous and hurtful posts free of charge! It`s ridiculous!
I know

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

I agree also! I found about this site because someone called my house to see if my husband had passed away, it was listed here, and of course he hadn't. This is crazy! This could be used for much better things that is for sure! Glad there are people out there that feel the same!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The home wrecker from Blakes! 48 min concerned 5
dicksons carpet cleaning 51 min oh yeah 16
Timber ridge apartments loaded with hot women 1 hr bre 123
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr xxxrayted 30,199
roy stricklett 7 hr concerned 56
Troy Davis (Jun '10) 7 hr Chevy man 26
need laid 8 hr all night 9

Search the West Union Forum:
•••
•••
•••

West Union Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

West Union People Search