Serious Question

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

I saw on West Plains Trading Post that there have been people asking for donations for a family. Supposedly their house burnt down near Little Caesar's. My question is, is this true or is it a scam? It looks like people are doubting that it really happened. My question isn't aimed at hurting anyone, I just don't want people to be duped by scam artists. I hope that the people that actually need help, get it. And if people want to lend a helping hand and give furniture, food, clothes, etc., I hope that the source is really in need.
UPS Label

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

I would imagine you can call the city fire dept during business hours and ask them, or the local red cross chapter, or even Facebook Convoy of Hope and make whatever donation you feel is appropriate.

If you find out it is a scam you can report that to the Missouri Sec of State, R. Carnihann.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Plains Discussions

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
loud boom heard 4/19/14 @ 8:45 pm 1 hr Shiloh 4
Black figure with no facial features. (Oct '11) 3 hr Steve 125
Haunted: The old D.W. Reese Primary School in W... (Jul '08) 5 hr unknown 33
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,174
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 7 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
T.Brashear why block what's said about U! Its A... 9 hr sum1who_cares4_thegirls 22
Man Farts 10 hr Moomoo 4
•••
•••
•••
West Plains Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
•••
•••