United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Ok, well first off, the lawsuit was filed in 2009 and was for wrongful termination. Read the case header people!!

As to deputies not supporting him...well, lets just say that one of the lead investigators at the HCSO was seen walking with Hedlesten's campaign at the 4th of July parade in Willow Springs.

I know Jim and I think he will make an outstanding sheriff for our county. He has the experience, wisdom, and character to make a difference. I think Mike is a lazy good ole' boy who only got elected because he knows the right people.
o really

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Jim for Sheriff wrote:
Ok, well first off, the lawsuit was filed in 2009 and was for wrongful termination. Read the case header people!!

As to deputies not supporting him...well, lets just say that one of the lead investigators at the HCSO was seen walking with Hedlesten's campaign at the 4th of July parade in Willow Springs.

I know Jim and I think he will make an outstanding sheriff for our county. He has the experience, wisdom, and character to make a difference. I think Mike is a lazy good ole' boy who only got elected because he knows the right people.
you meant one of the FORMER investigators was walking with him
Yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

o really wrote:
<quoted text>
you meant one of the FORMER investigators was walking with him
Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth! I think everyone in the world know Joby supports him like its a big shock. This is the question if he sues and let's say for argument sake that he wins this lawsuit.. Does that money come from tax payer dollars or not. Because as much as I pay in taxes I sure in hell don't want my money going to the Jim for sheriff fund. I would personally rather burn my money in a camp fire. And if insurance does cover this will that cost more money? I am asking cause I honestly don't know but I am thinking it all sounds like a load of BS. Honestly save the money you are spending on your giant ass signs and retire in a nice little retirement community. I would help move your signs there if you needed it. You could probably decorate the whole community with as many as you have out. Yes, we know your name, yes we know your running for sheriff, and most importantly, yes I am voting for Mike Shannon anyway..
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Is it possible for this County to get elected officials that are not political machines or conservative do nothing idiots. Judge Evans is just a dumbass catering to the Garretts of the world or whomever pulls some weight-Jesus what a piece of shit. Wiles is rude and treated my daughter like she was stupid in court. Henry has always been very fair and never seems to play favorites. My uncle has filed some money collection cases that Henry heard and he told me Henry just wanted the facts, a good judge. His son represented my daughter and was exactly like his dad- did a good job. However, junior seemed a little short at times but did a great job. Probably tries to keep things to the nuts and bolts which os what I saw when my daughter went to court. Junior henry made englbresht look ill prepared. Yet when junior went after this lack of work, judge west protected engelbresht. Typical bullshit. Junior henry should run for sheriff as he would fix the shit get the officers raises cut out the bondsman racket and get things running. Junior or jason is a little hot headed but the fucking guy would get the system running right. To bad he practices law.
Janet

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

It's my understandin and yes I know Jim--that he was terminated without cause the day after Shannon took office. But did I say terminated without cause? That is wrong no matter who you are. Now Shannon forgot to apply for a grant to supplement deputies saleries. He didn't do his job--that should be termination WITH cause. I'm voting for Jim--
Akmed the Camel Jockey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

With Hedlesten you get hoopes or danny freaking dunn coming in as chief deputy that's what I been hearing and that scares me to death. Hoopes didn't do his job when he was there and was demoted to the patrol from investigations. Then he left before he got fired. Danny got fired from three different departments for serious crap. Wait til he offers your teen daughter an alternative to blowing in the breathalyzer, Yuck. Then you got Lynn Rhodes who if you remember was fired from howell county for losing it and can't control his temper. Then Teresa who was fired and is suing the dept also. There are a couple more that were fired that are helping Jimbo out because they want revenge for being fired for not doing their jobs or giving shit to prisoners that could get other jailers hurt. Do you all really want this crew of former losers coming back to run your sheriffs office. Then you got ole bill shephard helping jimbo out. Why does billy joe care. Because he is still power hungry and the current sheriff wouldn't kiss billy joes butt and let him run the sheriffs office from afar. If you all want a sheriffs office ran like the ohio state police then vote jim in. But don't start bitching when you get pulled over in his speed traps which he loves to do more than anything. The sheriffs office needs to solve burglaries and get our shit back not play trooper games. Mike shannon cares about the citizens. Jim cares about Jim. Fact not fiction.
Shocked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Janet wrote:
It's my understandin and yes I know Jim--that he was terminated without cause the day after Shannon took office. But did I say terminated without cause? That is wrong no matter who you are. Now Shannon forgot to apply for a grant to supplement deputies saleries. He didn't do his job--that should be termination WITH cause. I'm voting for Jim--
For one I know for a fact Mike is doing everything he can to make sure this money will be received. And this was not a oversight on the departments end, so blame the correct people. For two it makes me sad that obviously someone that works for him can come on Topix to bash him. Go ahead and vote for Jim, see where that will get you. Good luck. They had reason to fire him or they would not have done it. But if Jim does win for some horrible reason you will learn yourself why he was fired I am sure.
Janet

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

How can you not say this was an oversight by Shannon. I do not work for him--not anyone. I'm self employed--and actually have to do my part in applying for future jobs. It is my job to know my deadlines instead of blaming something on a missed e-mail. It's time to hold someone accountable when they screw up--and Shannon screwed up about as big as he could. Would you be so forgiving if it was your money he "forgot"?
Janet

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

And just who do you think our the correct people? 90 other counties got their grant on time--I would have had more respect for him if he would have just admitted he screwed up--instead of trying to blame it on someone/something else. As I say--90 counties seemed to have had it together and got their grant--Shannon didn't get it for Howell county. And chances are he won't still get the money--grants have fairness rules--and he missed it.

And as far as bashing anyone--I just read the paper and I don't think that Shannon did his job. I don't call that bashing--I call it just a fact.
OK Janet Aka JIM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Janet wrote:
How can you not say this was an oversight by Shannon. I do not work for him--not anyone. I'm self employed--and actually have to do my part in applying for future jobs. It is my job to know my deadlines instead of blaming something on a missed e-mail. It's time to hold someone accountable when they screw up--and Shannon screwed up about as big as he could. Would you be so forgiving if it was your money he "forgot"?
Well if you don't work there nor are not related to anyone that works there then why do you care so much? A Howell County citizen that is so worried about the cops pay yeah right! You either work there, your family member works there, or you are Jim trying to make yourself look better. So please don't act all high and mighty about how you would never make a mistake. I don't know who's fault it is but the point is I am sure there is more to the situation that what is being told. You make it sound like Mike let that happen on purpose and its BS. Mike is a good man and if he has a fault it is that he cares too much about people.
he he

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of who you want for sheriff, the fact remains - the buck stops at the head of the agency. Mike Shannon is totally responsible for the funding not being re-applied for. Forget email issues, it should have been followed up on. Anyone who depends on someone else to drop them an email about such an important issue screws up.
Why stir the pot of BS? You are only making those of us who have been quiet chime in and feel like bopping you on the nose.
Akmed the camel jockey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

yeah you got yer facts straight there Sheesh We know the facts and it aint the crap yer putting out. Although I do agree on Kevin being a douche, lierally. And by the way if this bunch wasn't promised them jobs then why they out bustin their ass to help jim and why they telling all about their future positions to everyone. Heard it myself. Hmm. Bunch of big mouth ex cops trying to wiggle back in. Glad I aint gotta worry about it anymore unless I get tossed in jail by some bogus charges and jack booted thug with anger management issues lynn wants to come kick the crap outta some inmates again. Bunch of losers every stinking one of them.
Janet

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I don't know how to do the quote thing--but to OK JanetAkaJim--not related to anyone-not from this area originally and not even considered a good friend to Jim. WHY DO I CARE? Because I do want the best for my adopted community of 13 yrs, don't understand the mentality of the good ole boys in the small town and actually think Shannon really screwed up. I do know--distantly--a deputy and think they should be paid more for what they do. I am one of those concerned people that has nothing to gain either way--except that I believe Shannon had no real experience when he came in for what it means to be a working deputy, and this last little "mistake" was his crowning moment. I think the county can do better. I don't really care if he is a nice guy--I want him to do his job. Trash and speculate all you want--but the truth is that there are still just concerned voters out there that have no agenda other then wanting things to be better.
Akmed the camel jockey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Where's jim dikes when we need him. I know he won't let lynn beat inmates up like he did my brother and all he wanted was some toilet paper and lynn physically put my brother in the cell. The other inmates say lynn was always picking fights so he could punish people. And that's the caliber of people supporting jim. Jim might not be all bad but the crew he has picked is bad
Really

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Janet wrote:
And just who do you think our the correct people? 90 other counties got their grant on time--I would have had more respect for him if he would have just admitted he screwed up--instead of trying to blame it on someone/something else. As I say--90 counties seemed to have had it together and got their grant--Shannon didn't get it for Howell county. And chances are he won't still get the money--grants have fairness rules--and he missed it.
And as far as bashing anyone--I just read the paper and I don't think that Shannon did his job. I don't call that bashing--I call it just a fact.
It was not anyones fault at the Sheriff's Office. The reason the sheriffs office was not notified was because they had to switch web servers, so the email address was no longer valid. The proper people was notified of the email change, but for some reason they did not make the correct change so the sheriffs office could be notified of the date to file. I dont see this being the sheriffs offices fault or Shannons.
Really

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you, Hoopes was demoted only so that Mikes former Chief Deputy Patterson, the guy who slept with deputies wives, and ruled the department with a sledgehammer, could still have a job when relieved of his duties as Chief Deputy. He should have been removed from his position before given that position.
Danny as Chief Deputy? Never will happen. Many reasons why.
Lynn Rhodes? Never will happen. Again, many reasons why.
Former employees flocking to Jims side? Sort of like when Benny was working so hard to get Mike elected? Mr "Bad Check" Benny Tullos, king of the "Lawn Enforcement"?
Facts are facts. I got them. You got opinion. Bad opinion.
Its apparent you dont have the facts either. You got opinion. Really... Really... Bad opinion. Joby was not demoted, he requested to go back to patrol division and done so before Patterson was demoted from chief deputy. Patterson was demoted for other reasons, not for sleeping with deputies wives. You should really get the facts straight
Really

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of who you want for sheriff, the fact remains - the buck stops at the head of the agency. Mike Shannon is totally responsible for the funding not being re-applied for. Forget email issues, it should have been followed up on. Anyone who depends on someone else to drop them an email about such an important issue screws up.
so your saying Mike should have called everyday for six months checking to see if the next funding was available to apply for. Doesnt seem logical considering every other daily task needs attended to. I guess our thinking is totally different. not really sure how you make it. But since your eager to help and think its mikes fault, how about you call the social securities office, everyday to see when or if our money will be available when we retire.
Janet

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Calling every day--or just calling once--90 counties got the grant--if you depend on money knocking on your door--ok. But get real. Blame whatever you want--everyone can find an excuse for about anything. It still should have been done on a timely basis--with a little proactive effort on their part. It didn't get done. Reality is still reality.
Well

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You are funny. Think what you want, it is obvious you don't care for facts.
if you know so much enlighten us
what

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

this has gone way off topic, this is a forum about hedlesten sueing the sheriff office and he wants to be the sheriff, I DONT THINK SO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of89
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Haunted: The old D.W. Reese Primary School in W... (Jul '08) 39 min unknown 33
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,174
loud boom heard 4/19/14 @ 8:45 pm 1 hr local 1
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 3 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
T.Brashear why block what's said about U! Its A... 4 hr sum1who_cares4_thegirls 22
Man Farts 5 hr Moomoo 4
john earl brown 5 hr annoynmous 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE