Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639632 May 11, 2012
Black Americans more likely to oppose gay marriage, but Obama's new view doesn't faze them

That's the headline from another poll found on Topix.

Take from it what you may ...

Looks to me like only one thing counts. Guess what that is.
carol

Windermere, FL

#639634 May 11, 2012
So I spend two days with my daughter and come back on to find everyone's taken their purse and gone home at 9:30?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639636 May 11, 2012
From an article about the possible extinction of the Japanese people:

Another argument is that there are more effeminate men now called "Herbivores" there who are either not interested in sex or women don't find masculine enough.

Then some suggest many young Japanese people prefer "virtual" friends with a robot or on the internet, while others suggest their fascination with comics rather than relationships is the cause for a lack of babies.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/11/lack-...

... brings to mind Dr. Sheldon "Bazinga" Cooper from Big Bang Theory. LOL
Morgan Stanley

Belle Vernon, PA

#639638 May 11, 2012
still the same wrote:
<quoted text>My real name is Johnathon Hemlock, I like art and I climb Mountains I'll see you in the loo
Hi Clint.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#639639 May 11, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Princess High heekbones Yellow Hair tell heap big lie.
Next she will say that she became an Injun watching Princess Summerfall Winterspring on TV.

Elizabeth Warren has the same percentage of Cherokee blood as does the current head of the Cherokees.

Now doesn't that make & your right wing azzhole buddies look like dopes....... again.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/for-cher...

Newville, PA

#639640 May 11, 2012
Gunner wrote:
"The hypocrisy here, of course, is that Barack Obama shot to national consciousness by giving a speech in which he said he would unite red America and blue America. We're not black America, white America, we're the United States of America.
He's running -- the Democrats are running the most divisive campaign on race, on ethnicity, on class and on gender. I mean, it's going to be the dirtiest campaign you've ever seen," Dr. Krauthammer said.
Obama is getting dirtier by the day from the frequent tactical backfires of his campaign.

Pointing out Romney's numerous flip flops is not dirty politics.

When your guy says going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden is foolish & then claims he would have done it, its not dirty politics o point that out.

It's called the truth.

Newville, PA

#639641 May 11, 2012
LOL wrote:
Black Americans more likely to oppose gay marriage, but Obama's new view doesn't faze them
That's the headline from another poll found on Topix.
Take from it what you may ...
Looks to me like only one thing counts. Guess what that is.
Ask HHH.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639643 May 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth Warren has the same percentage of Cherokee blood as does the current head of the Cherokees.
Now doesn't that make & your right wing azzhole buddies look like dopes....... again.
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/for-cher...
Hi-Ya Da-Vey

There's only one aszhole in this house ... you. Sanctimonious fk.

LOL
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Palmdale, CA

#639644 May 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out Romney's numerous flip flops is not dirty politics.

When your guy says going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden is foolish & then claims he would have done it, its not dirty politics o point that out.

It's called the truth.
Does this apply to Obama as well, when running for President he stated that raising the debt limit was irresponsible and unpatriotic?
carol

Windermere, FL

#639645 May 11, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Romney is saying he is a lifelong hunter. Turns out he hunted twice. Dick Cheney has hunted lawyers more times.
Did you go hunting with him both times? How would you know how many times he has hunted?

In 2007, Romney said, "I'm not a big-game hunter. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then."

Sounds like hunting to me. Even if I do feel sorry for the little rabbits.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#639646 May 11, 2012
African-Americans Support Obama’s Same-Sex Marriage Stance

African Americans who oppose gay marriage are reconsidering their beliefs, thanks to Obama’s shift

"This isn’t a wedge issue for blacks with Obama, no matter how much the media would like it to be."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05...
carol

Windermere, FL

#639647 May 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
Homer tired of explaining this over and over again.
Good...cause we're kinda tired of hearing it...whatever it is.
Dentin

United States

#639648 May 11, 2012
If my mama is white and my Daddy had a black Dad and a white Mom,(but my dad he was really into hip hop and even sported front gold teeth) can i claim myself as black? Because i do, but a lot of people try to take that from me and say im white. What would i be considered if i became president??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#639649 May 11, 2012
Obama’s Foreign Policy Advantage and U.S. Russia Policy

"As ever, critics of the “reset” aren’t upset because the “reset” failed, but because it succeeded in improving relations with a Russian government they would rather antagonize and provoke. No wonder the Obama campaign is feeling confident on this issue."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639650 May 11, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this apply to Obama as well, when running for President he stated that raising the debt limit was irresponsible and unpatriotic?
Stay tuned for TV ads doing just that. Bammy's words vs Bammy's deeds will kill him. Previews of these ads make Bammy look like what he is ... a failure. However, you can expect he has 95% of the black vote again and has the queer vote wrapped up. Time for the rest of us to "circle the wagons."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#639652 May 11, 2012
Hello, human diary! It is once again I, Mitt Romney, your better.

I am continuing the process of writing a diary of my daily experiences on the campaign trail. My advisers continue to insist that there is little to no profit margin involved in personal diaries, but that it will provide an outlet for practicing human emotions such as "empathy," "sincerity" and "hungry." I am all three of those things, diary! There: I believe that worked. Indeed, I feel more well-liked by the common folk already.

Reporters continue to complain about my amusing hi-jinx at my old preparatory academy, Cranbrook. My advisers sought out some of my old class chums as character witnesses; irritatingly, many of them seem to retain a low opinion of me. I find this preposterous, as I am worth more money than all of the rest of them combined, which should be proof enough of my moral superiority. Eric F. assures me this is in fact true, and that this will blow over soon enough, but the questions are still disrupting my human emotion-practicing times on the campaign trail. Note to self: Look into whether buying my old school would transfer alumni remembrance rights to my own portfolio, thus corking my old chums once and for all.

Tomorrow I am expected to give a commencement address at Liberty University, which as I understand it is a religious school of some kind currently run by the relatively mediocre son of the fellow who founded it. This level of nepotism bodes well for the place; I am certain I will enjoy it. Schools, like states and nations, ought to be properly transferred from one wealthy generation to the next. It simplifies the process tremendously, and achieves certain business efficiencies (for example, the ability to continue using old stationery).

Eric F. informs me, however, that there has been a bit of a donnybrook among the deeply religious student body because of my own Mormonism since, it seems, this particular school is of the opinion that Mormonism is an anti-Christian cult, possibly even devil-inspired and/or under the ongoing influence of the devil. As the children say these days: Oops! Ha ha ha.(Note to self: Inform Eric F. of this emotional outburst on my part, I am sure he will enjoy it. If he does not enjoy it, fire him.) Accepting a speaking engagement in front of a group of people who consider me to be something slightly worse than a heathen was perhaps poor planning on the part of my advisers, but they assure me it sounded like a fine idea at the time, and that I need such appearances to better bond with the conservative religious parasites plebeians yokels.

http://dailykos.com/story/2012/05/11/1090628/...

In the end I think the standard campaign speech will suffice, although I may have to wedge in a bit more religious pandering than usual. Our requests to the old Santorum campaign that they make Rick available for coaching on the subject have thus far been met with pouting, so we will have to make do with the usual stuff. We are already drafting updated anti-homosexual talking points, however, and this will be a good opportunity to test them in front of a sufficiently bigoted audience.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639653 May 11, 2012
Dentin wrote:
If my mama is white and my Daddy had a black Dad and a white Mom,(but my dad he was really into hip hop and even sported front gold teeth) can i claim myself as black? Because i do, but a lot of people try to take that from me and say im white. What would i be considered if i became president??
... a Democrat.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#639655 May 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama’s Foreign Policy Advantage and U.S. Russia Policy
"As ever, critics of the “reset” aren’t upset because the “reset” failed, but because it succeeded in improving relations with a Russian government they would rather antagonize and provoke. No wonder the Obama campaign is feeling confident on this issue."
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Hey Chief, I told you this morning that people are scrolling past your shit. The boy wonder is beyond defending ... the focus is getting rid of him (period). You are not changing any minds or hearts. Get a life.
carol

Windermere, FL

#639656 May 11, 2012
Apparently, Obama now has an "enemies list" targeting Romney's donors.

Isn't that special?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#639657 May 11, 2012
North Carolina Gov. Bev Perdue (D) said Friday that she was embarrassed by voters' passage of an anti-gay marriage amendment to the state's constitution earlier this week, primarily because it made the state "look like Mississippi."

"People around the country are watching us, and they're really confused to have been such a progressive, forward-thinking, economically driven state that invested in education and that stood up for the civil rights people including the civil rights marches back in the '50s and '60s and '70s," she told North Carolina's WITN. "Folks are saying 'What in the world is going on with North Carolina?' We look like Mississippi."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Acolyte 49,212
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min Eric 71,024
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 35 min melody colombus 19,556
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min SobieskiSavedEurope 306,987
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) Fri William Walker 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Fri TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
West Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]