Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,626
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#31802 Aug 1, 2012
Growth of Earth's core may hint at magnetic reversal

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22059-g...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#31803 Aug 2, 2012
Nauseous wrote:
You've read Haidt?
No.
Nauseous wrote:
I doubt it.
You're right.
Nauseous wrote:
I have, and you aren't the type.
What "type" is that, not nauseous?
Nauseous wrote:
However, the difference between you and I is that I'm eager to be persuaded.
I have a beautiful bridge to sell you at a bargain price and it really needs a good home that I'm sure you can give it.
Nauseous wrote:
If every major national scientific academy suddenly reversed their longstanding positions and said that global warming is of no concern, it would be cause for the best celebration of all time.
Don't wait for that, just celebrate the fact that you're alive, while you still have time.
Nauseous wrote:
However, I'm not likely to reject the present scientific consensus in favor of a few obscure online political fanatics parroting carbon fuels industry talking points.
I'm glad, we'd have no one to laugh at if you did.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#31804 Aug 2, 2012
LOLROIKWH wrote:
Wel here are some links for you.
They're not links, dumbo, they're page numbers.
This is a direct (permalink) link to a specific post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/activism/TSEP...

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31805 Aug 2, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. So has the scientist in the article (to a larger extent than me since he is an actual scientist) who used to believe there wasn't global warming until he studied the data.
I don't care what you believe. Truly I don't. As they say, ignorance is bliss so you must be blissful.
HE did, you did not. If one was to ask you what else you have read that was from the other side I doubt you could come up with much.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31806 Aug 2, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wel here are some links for you.......LOL
# 425 I explaoned ROI to you again after you said that panels will never return the investment
#532 I told you that I was just using caps on ROI and KWH..........LOL
#341 you said solar panels will not ROI.....
#402 you said solar is not a answer for power
#432 you said solar was not an investment
#429 you said solar took more than 10 years to ROI but in #341 you said no ROI.......LOL
#468 you said no ROI again........Changed you tune 3 times already
So there you go liar..........Proof you lied..........LOL
How about the fact that everything Earthling had said was true. Anything that is at the mercy of the weather is not an answer for power in the modern world.

I see that you are so trying so hard to avoid to fact that solar is not any better an investment than investing with Bernie Madoff.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31807 Aug 2, 2012
One experimental test of climate change mitigation that shows even the smallest measurable global climate change. Just one.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31808 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>No.<quoted text>You're right.<quoted text>What "type" is that, not nauseous?<quoted text>I have a beautiful bridge to sell you at a bargain price and it really needs a good home that I'm sure you can give it.<quoted text>Don't wait for that, just celebrate the fact that you're alive, while you still have time.<quoted text>I'm glad, we'd have no one to laugh at if you did.
Yes the troll from spain was proven wrong again....By her own post..........LOL

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31809 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>They're not links, dumbo, they're page numbers.
This is a direct (permalink) link to a specific post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/activism/TSEP...
They are your post numbers and they prove you a liar..........

You did say that solar will not roi as that means it returns your money.....

So why can't you back up your claims my little spanish liar?????

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31810 Aug 2, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the fact that everything Earthling had said was true. Anything that is at the mercy of the weather is not an answer for power in the modern world.
I see that you are so trying so hard to avoid to fact that solar is not any better an investment than investing with Bernie Madoff.
The troll said that a solar system will never ROI and that is a lie that has been proven a lie over and over.....

Just like your lie that sail boats don't have solar panels and you link shaped that every boat had solar panels and some also had wind turbines.....

You like him prove yourself wrong.........With your own words.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31811 Aug 2, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the fact that everything Earthling had said was true. Anything that is at the mercy of the weather is not an answer for power in the modern world.
I see that you are so trying so hard to avoid to fact that solar is not any better an investment than investing with Bernie Madoff.
Lets take your last state,end about Bernie......

Why can't you prove that???

Why can't you prove my ROI numbers wrong????

Why can't you prove that my solar system did not fully pay for itself in less than 4 years?
I receive the checks from PGE.....

I showed you Butte Collage that installed a solar system that is allowed them to lower their charge for students because of the income they receive from their solar system.....
Hard numbers.........You can't prove wrong........

Why can't you back up your stupid claims???

Tell us???

Waiting..........ROTFLMAO

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#31812 Aug 2, 2012
It's time to leave LOLROIKWH to his own devices, talking to himself.
What say you, tina?

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31813 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
It's time to leave LOLROIKWH to his own devices, talking to himself.
What say you, tina?
Yes run and hide little girl..........You have been proven wrong and a liar enough times today........LOL
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#31814 Aug 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take your last state,end about Bernie......
Why can't you prove that???
Why can't you prove my ROI numbers wrong????
Why can't you prove that my solar system did not fully pay for itself in less than 4 years?
I receive the checks from PGE.....
I showed you Butte Collage that installed a solar system that is allowed them to lower their charge for students because of the income they receive from their solar system.....
Hard numbers.........You can't prove wrong........
Why can't you back up your stupid claims???
Tell us???
Waiting..........ROTFLMAO
So your experience demonstrates that solar is economic on its own, and any and all public subsidies for solar power in any form can and should now be stopped/zeroed out.

This is indeed good news.

Thanks for posting sound fact that enables us to halt further waste of scarce public funds on unwarranted subsidies.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#31817 Aug 3, 2012
Science gave us the pesticides that made environmentalism necessary in the first place.
IPCC:”Climate change is real and happening and COULD be a crisis.” is consensus of nothing! You Climate Blamers WANTED this misery to have been true and the more you fear monger the voter’s kids, the more you will see neocons in power because why should we vote for the BIG GREEN LIBERAL FEAR MACHINE? You condemned billions and bush laughs at your false war.
-Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets run by corporations.
-Julian Assange is of course a climate change denier.
-Obama has not mentioned the crisis in the last two State of the Unions addresses.
-Canada killed Kyoto with a newly elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (death).
Meanwhile, the entire world of SCIENCE, journalism and progressivism had allowed bank-funded and corporate-run “CARBON TRADING STOCK MARKETS” to trump 3rd world fresh water relief, starvation rescue and 3rd world education for just over 26 years of insane attempts at climate CONTROL. Nice job girls!
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#31819 Aug 5, 2012
C.E.R.N Scientific Study Concludes – Global Warming is Caused By The Sun!

The science is now all-but-settled on global warming, convincing new evidence demonstrates, but Al Gore, the UN's IPCC and other global warming doomsayers won’t be celebrating. The new findings point to cosmic rays and the sun — not human activities — as the dominant controller of climate on Earth.

The research, published with little fanfare in the prestigious journal Nature, comes from über-prestigious CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, one of the world’s largest centres for scientific research involving 60 countries and 8,000 scientists at more than 600 universities and national laboratories. CERN is the organization that invented the World Wide Web, that built the multi-billion dollar Large Hadron Collider, and that has now built a pristinely clean stainless steel chamber that precisely recreated the Earth’s atmosphere...

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/09/02/c-e-r-n-sc...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Uruapan, Mexico

#31820 Aug 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>So your experience demonstrates that solar is economic on its own, and any and all public subsidies for solar power in any form can and should now be stopped/zeroed out.

This is indeed good news.

Thanks for posting sound fact that enables us to halt further waste of scarce public funds on unwarranted subsidies.
yes we agree on that
Subsadies

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Uruapan, Mexico

#31821 Aug 5, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>So your experience demonstrates that solar is economic on its own, and any and all public subsidies for solar power in any form can and should now be stopped/zeroed out.

This is indeed good news.

Thanks for posting sound fact that enables us to halt further waste of scarce public funds on unwarranted subsidies.
solar, oil, sheep and everything else should be stopped

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#31822 Aug 5, 2012
Get up to date girls!
-Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets run by corporations.
-Julian Assange is of course a climate change denier and a hero.
-Obama has not mentioned the crisis in the last two State of the Unions addresses.
-Canada killed Kyoto with a newly elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (death).
IPCC:......"Climate change is real and COULD be a crisis."...... is not consensus, of anything let alone death by CO2 for my kids. Its a consultant's wet dream from the same world of science that gave us pesticides.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31823 Aug 5, 2012
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
Get up to date girls!
How many girls have you had?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#31825 Aug 6, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>That would be impossible, space is empty.
Another planet, maybe, not cmpletely impossible, but highly unlikely in anything other than science fiction films.
*IF* it ever happened, only a handful of people would ever leave Earth and no one would ever know if they made it to safety.
You are dude. There are trillions upon trillions of dollars to be made in space. So business will go. Germany, Japan, China, The USA, and a few other countries have plans for moon bases by 2025. There are at least 5 companies building launch systems to put people and cargo into space as we speak. There are at least three companies with plans to mine asteroids, meteors, and the moon. Man will move into space. It is in our genes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,109,612
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,370
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Pearl Jam 305,564
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr WARRIOR 19,207
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Tippy Faulker 792
i hope you people suffer pain and hurt in your ... 22 hr centella 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Tue TRD 68,469
•••
•••
West Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

West Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Hartford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••