Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,457)

Showing posts 29,121 - 29,140 of42,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>OK.
Even a welder, not you, is in this forum to run down science and scientists to the ground. He hates them until the stomach turns.
Why is he into hatred?? Why does he think he can negate science and scientists by posting senseless blogs??
WHY DID YOU BELIEVE FOR YEARS, THAT M.A.G.I.C.A.L. TREEMOMITURS and MAGICAL HOCKEY STICKS

had CYFERED the END of CIVILIZATION if BALMY WEATHER broke out?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Voters don't support the BIG GREEN FEAR MACHINE.

Former believers rule!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer I suggest lies in remaining open to the possibility ..
I am open to any credible possibility. That is because I understand how science works. But you have not shown any evidence or data. You have just promoted 'conspiracy theory' and doubt. The tools of the scammer and fraud artist.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am open to any credible possibility. That is because I understand how science works. But you have not shown any evidence or data. You have just promoted 'conspiracy theory' and doubt. The tools of the scammer and fraud artist.
ACTUALLY, the TOOLS of the SCAMMER and FRAUD, are IN USE by MICHAEL MANN, the CHARLATAN of STATISTICS.

WHY don't YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW grasp that trees aren't heat sensors? WHY don't YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW GRASP that

MICHAEL MANN'S M.A.N.Y. ATTEMPTS at FLOATING HOCKEY STICK MATH to INTERPRET

M.A.G.I.C.A.L. T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R. DATA have A.L.L. been shot down as NOT EVEN BEING R.E.A.L.
M.A.T.H.E.M.A.T.I.C.S.

Your PRESIDENT, Al Gore, HAS MADE a MOCKERY of YOU by SCAMMING
B.I.L.L.I.O.N.S. upon M.I.L.L.I.O.N.S.

Your Dr.s MANN, JONES, BRIFFA, and about 40 others HAVE ALL BEEN CAUGHT FURIOUSLY CYFERING DUUMZDAY

with MATH that's NOT REAL.

WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL THE MATH ISN'T REAL?

WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL THE T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S. ARENT REAL?

Until you answer those questions on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of this blog, YOU'RE JUST TYPING for PRACTICE.

LoL.
http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/t...

http://motls.blogspot.ca/2008/09/jeff-id-cher...

http://rankexploits.com/musings/2009/tricking...

And THESE are only the words ***OF the A.M.A.T.E.U.R.S.***
LMFAO!

MANN'S O.W.N. COLLEAGUES are seen SNEERING at MANN'S LOUSY WORK and saying "I RAN MIKE'S WORK about a THOUSAND TIMES: IT KEPT COMING BACK HOCKEY STICKS FROM CALIBRATION DATA. I GUESS THAT'S WHAT McIntyre WAS talking about."

You H.I.C.K.

The PRESIDENT of the ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY SAID

MANN'S JONES', BRIFFA'S MATH *IS NOT EVEN REAL MATH, MUCH LESS STATISTICS.*

You HICK.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
I love that teabaggers are called the tealiban. It portrays the levels of uneducated self-righteousness needed for people to think destroying civilization is a good thing.
& to think it only involves adding one letter!
//////////
'alcoholic fisherman' wrote:
Funny how, in your own self righteous way.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
Saying,'same to you' isn't a snappy comeback. As for education, I'll match my degree with structures, propulsions, aerodynamics, space mechanics, astronomy, physics, & calc against your miserableness.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I am open to any credible possibility.
And many incredible possibilities, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.
NoFactAllHype wrote:
That is because I understand how science works.
Stop boasting, it's unbecoming of a split personality, Mr Thermal Pollutant.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>OK.
Even a welder, not you, is in this forum to run down science and scientists to the ground. He hates them until the stomach turns.
Why is he into hatred?? Why does he think he can negate science and scientists by posting senseless blogs??
Beats me - you'll have to ask him.

Scientists have been getting chased around by mobs with pitchforks and torches for as long as science has existed.

'Dog bites man'- no news there.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just labelling an argument you don't have the intellectual means of addressing capably.

That's ok - the argument lies outside the realm of science - so you and all your very impressive scientific understanding are simply unequipped to deal with it.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep trying to argue a point I've quite clearly and repeatedly said I take no issue with. So take that up with someone else who cares, please.
I've quite happily conceded that for purposes of argument "the science of global warming is right," as far as I'm concerned - so long as we remain within the proper sphere of scientific inquiry.
I'm merely saying that's at most just marginally relevant and pretty much useless in resolving the real issues, which are political, economic, and social ones.
<quoted text>
Blow your nose and get over it, then, is all I can suggest.
If what I've posted 'reeks of consiracy' to you, then everything must.
So, you admit the science is solid but the problem is really in the political arena because of political forces that do not wish to take the science seriously.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you admit the science is solid but the problem is really in the political arena because of political forces that do not wish to take the science seriously.
I have no major argument with the science, no.

I believe the problem is clearly in the political arena, in which grown-ups realize the science is of only minor utility and relevance in dealing with the political forces contesting matters of social and economic policy, global wealth and power redistribution, etc.

The alarmist science tells us the pooch is already screwed, we're looking at a world that's going to be a couple degrees warmer over the next 50 to 100 yrs no matter what we do, even if tomorrow we cap every oil well and all start wearing birkenstocks and living in yurts capturing cow farts, right?

So let's quit the hand-wringing and get on with building those seawalls, nuclear power plants, food factories and genetic repositories, re-zoning coastal cities, and all the other things we're going to have to do to prepare for life on a warmer planet, shall we?

Sheesh.

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the problem is clearly in the political arena, in which grown-ups realize the science is of only minor utility and relevance in dealing with the political forces contesting matters of social and economic policy, global wealth and power redistribution, etc.
The alarmist science tells us the pooch is already screwed, we're looking at a world that's going to be a couple degrees warmer over the next 50 to 100 yrs no matter what we do, even if tomorrow we cap every oil well and all start wearing birkenstocks and living in yurts capturing cow farts, right?
So let's quit the hand-wringing and get on with building those seawalls, nuclear power plants, food factories and genetic repositories, re-zoning coastal cities, and all the other things we're going to have to do to prepare for life on a warmer planet, shall we?
Sheesh.
The other side of the coin is it a rational plan for the future if we do not listen to what the scientists find and go merrily on our way ignoring that the temperature may indeed warm considerably more than the "couple of degrees" you project if we curtail the use of fossil fuels?

It is obvious that we will have to adapt to warmer temperatures and will need to build seawalls, nuclear power plants etc., however to dismiss GW science is a rationalization that we do not wish to admit that man is capable of causing GW problems.

To put the science in the context of alarmism is at best a manifestation of the rationalism. What most environmentally conscious folks are doing is trying to bring it to the attention of the political arena that we need to assess our behavior and make smart decisions about our future.
kal

West Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats me - you'll have to ask him.
Scientists have been getting chased around by mobs with pitchforks and torches for as long as science has existed.
'Dog bites man'- no news there.
that is funny 'teddy', climate science has become the most corrupt industrys known to man. unlike it's counterparts they enjoy no accountability, no freedom of information. when positive proof of scientific fraud, collusion, doctored and distorted 'facts', tampering with historical temperture records to make their claims fit in and deceit is published about their exaggerated and misleading claims they claim a mythical consensus that does not exist. this is nothing more than cheating for dollars in the feeding frenzy of free taxpayers dollars in the form of government funding. they happily are milking it for all it is worth in exchange dire predictions and prophecies. some even claim the power to know past and future tempertures of the oceans and landmasses to not only a tenth but into the hundreth of a degree. what sane person would make a claim like that let alone believe it. these people are not 'climate scientists' they are nothing more than profiteers that cover for each other to keep the gravy train rolling. they are nearing their own tipping point when it comes to trust in the scientific community of so called climate science.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Remaining climate blamers refuse to debate the legitimacy of climate change crisis “consensus”:
June/2012
The American Chemical Society’s scientific revolt is the latest in a series of recent eruptions against the so-called “consensus” on man-made global warming.

The American Chemical Society bills itself as the “world’s largest scientific society.”
Atmospheric Chemist Roger L. Tanner:“I have very little in common with the philosophy of the Heartland Institute and other ‘free-market fanatics,’ and I consider myself a progressive Democrat. Nevertheless, we scientists should know better than to propound scientific truth by consensus and to excoriate skeptics with purple prose.”
Physicists Dr. Lubos Motl, who publishes the Reference Frame website, weighed in on the controversy as well, calling Baum’s editorial an “alarmist screed.”
“I was a geochemist doing research on paleoclimates early in my career. I have tried to follow the papers in the scientific literature.[...] I am appalled at the condescending attitude of Rudy Baum, Al Gore, President Barack Obama, et al., who essentially tell us that there is no need for further research—that the matter is solved. The peer-reviewed literature is not unequivocal about causes and effects of global warming. We are still learning about properties of water, for goodness’ sake. There needs to be more true scientific research without politics on both sides and with all scientists being heard. To insult and denigrate those with whom you disagree is not becoming.”
R. Everett Langford
The Woodlands, Texas

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>that is funny 'teddy', climate science has become the most corrupt industrys known to man. unlike it's counterparts they enjoy no accountability, no freedom of information. when positive proof of scientific fraud, collusion, doctored and distorted 'facts', tampering with historical temperture records to make their claims fit in and deceit is published about their exaggerated and misleading claims they claim a mythical consensus that does not exist. this is nothing more than cheating for dollars in the feeding frenzy of free taxpayers dollars in the form of government funding. they happily are milking it for all it is worth in exchange dire predictions and prophecies. some even claim the power to know past and future tempertures of the oceans and landmasses to not only a tenth but into the hundreth of a degree. what sane person would make a claim like that let alone believe it. these people are not 'climate scientists' they are nothing more than profiteers that cover for each other to keep the gravy train rolling. they are nearing their own tipping point when it comes to trust in the scientific community of so called climate science.
That is pure caca. There is no way you can support this other than rumor and innuendo.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>that is funny 'teddy', climate science has become the most corrupt industrys known to man. unlike it's counterparts they enjoy no accountability, no freedom of information. when positive proof of scientific fraud, collusion, doctored and distorted 'facts', tampering with historical temperture records to make their claims fit in and deceit is published about their exaggerated and misleading claims they claim a mythical consensus that does not exist. this is nothing more than cheating for dollars in the feeding frenzy of free taxpayers dollars in the form of government funding. they happily are milking it for all it is worth in exchange dire predictions and prophecies. some even claim the power to know past and future tempertures of the oceans and landmasses to not only a tenth but into the hundreth of a degree. what sane person would make a claim like that let alone believe it. these people are not 'climate scientists' they are nothing more than profiteers that cover for each other to keep the gravy train rolling. they are nearing their own tipping point when it comes to trust in the scientific community of so called climate science.
LIAR.

Your welding has made a mess like "the power to know past and future tempertures of the oceans and landmasses."

Where do you acquire your shameless courage to post such nonsense??

Go weld something.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
Remaining climate blamers refuse to debate the legitimacy of climate change crisis “consensus”:
June/2012
The American Chemical Society’s scientific revolt is the latest in a series of recent eruptions against the so-called “consensus” on man-made global warming.
The American Chemical Society bills itself as the “world’s largest scientific society.”
Atmospheric Chemist Roger L. Tanner:“I have very little in common with the philosophy of the Heartland Institute and other ‘free-market fanatics,’ and I consider myself a progressive Democrat. Nevertheless, we scientists should know better than to propound scientific truth by consensus and to excoriate skeptics with purple prose.”
Physicists Dr. Lubos Motl, who publishes the Reference Frame website, weighed in on the controversy as well, calling Baum’s editorial an “alarmist screed.”
“I was a geochemist doing research on paleoclimates early in my career. I have tried to follow the papers in the scientific literature.[...] I am appalled at the condescending attitude of Rudy Baum, Al Gore, President Barack Obama, et al., who essentially tell us that there is no need for further research—that the matter is solved. The peer-reviewed literature is not unequivocal about causes and effects of global warming. We are still learning about properties of water, for goodness’ sake. There needs to be more true scientific research without politics on both sides and with all scientists being heard. To insult and denigrate those with whom you disagree is not becoming.”
R. Everett Langford
The Woodlands, Texas
You are confused. You have no idea what they are talking about.

Don't worry they are not after you!
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh.
Back in 1988, Hansen published his climate forecast and from that we got the IPCC and Agenda 21. We are told that the way to stabilize the climate is the UN way....give lots of money to the UN for "climate justice" and start trading "an invisible gas" on the market. Hansen's forecasts have been shown to be inaccurate, yet we continue with the same "solution." The problem with global warming besides it being "settled" is that the solution is also "settled." There is no discussion allowed on alternative ways to switch to sustainable energy. The only way seems to be a global government and environmentalists telling developed countries what to do and how to live. You have some sensible solutions and another solution is to increase gas production. What we need is a variety of energy sources and an increase in economic productivity not a decrease, as an increase in economic activity brings in money to continue to develop new and better ways to produce energy and sea walls, and other protective measures.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/15/james-h...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

SpamBot wrote:
Don't worry they are not after you!
No, they're after you, SpamBotty.
kal

West Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.
Your welding has made a mess like "the power to know past and future tempertures of the oceans and landmasses."
Where do you acquire your shameless courage to post such nonsense??
Go weld something.
oh well 'space', there is more where this came from. here some 'real' climate science, enjoy.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2012/06/13...

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pure caca. There is no way you can support this other than rumor and innuendo.
Which would describe much of what many alarmist have tried to pass off as proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,121 - 29,140 of42,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 19 at 12:11PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Hartford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE