Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Registered Voter

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Gard just came by and his flyer says he supported the GM expansion plan. Wellll, all of the aldermen voted to expand the GM plan. He also says he'll be a strong advocate for education, which is true. However, he wants to being in Ranken which will cost us taxpayers money vs. the other educational institution. He says he voted to save the taxpayers nearly $1 million, which is true. But, he doesn't tell us that he voted to increase the sewer rates which negated most of that money. Be very, very carefuly and do your homework as he's a very smooth talker. But what I like to know is how come his business FAILED. The Java coffee shop on the Parkway didn't last and could have been a thriving business. I would also like to know what he does for a living because I continue to see him out and about in the city, lunching at the Bread Co., visiting the Senior Center, etc. What does he really do? Does he just want us (the taxpayers)to give him our money (taxes) so he can make a living as a politician?
to Registered Voter

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

He spearheaded the Rankin $360,000 give our tax money away and is proud of that. How much of our tax paying money will he be able to give away at the state level? To fail a business on the Parkway takes a special person - a person who has no business sense. The most important question should be, "Do we reward bad behavior"? by getting him off the city counsel. Either way Wentzville loses but if he goes to state other nearby cities will fall prey to bad business decisions. How much has he cost us with severence pay with the 3 directors he has voted to fire? Ask any city employee about him and they will talk. Better yet, ask certain bars in this area about bad behavior while drinking.
Senior Citizen

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

This Gard fella took money from special interest when he ran for office. You can check this out by going to the Missouri Ethics Commission. The money came from developers/builders. Also look on his campaign material and you'll see his treasurer is Justin who owns the UPS Store on the Parkway and is Gard's address on his stuff. Don't think I'll be patronized UPS anymore.
really

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Senior Citizen wrote:
This Gard fella took money from special interest when he ran for office. You can check this out by going to the Missouri Ethics Commission. The money came from developers/builders. Also look on his campaign material and you'll see his treasurer is Justin who owns the UPS Store on the Parkway and is Gard's address on his stuff. Don't think I'll be patronized UPS anymore.
Checked out your statement and you are right.
Jeremy Pritchett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I have my differences with Gard, but with that being said to punish Justin at the UPS store for being active is wrong. Everyone has the right to support who ever they want. Justin and his staff has always been professional, even during my race when I was in there Justin and all his employees were great to me.. He is a local business. The UPS stores are franchises, so he does keep it local. Now I sound like sonya, but she is right on this. When you call out business in the area for helping those they like you lower yourself to the level you claim there at. As a city were not going to improve our city tell we learn to work together. That's my two sense. I will go to his store even though he is helping Hard and I'm helping Spencer for state rep.
The Fountains

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 26, 2012
 
To Jeremy: You sound like a great politician and I don't believe a word of it, except that you're helping Spencer.
Jeremy Pritchett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I am helping Spencer. That has nothing to do with my comment does it? I know its hard to stay on topic in a conversation for some but how is sticking up for a local business political? I did not say anything to bring anyone else down or into the conversation. Did not slam Gard. did not pitch Spencer, just talked about not shopping at a local store because of differing political options does not make the community stronger. Once again people just want to slam people. It must make you feel good. That's ok.if that's what you need to do. My statements about Justin and his team were true, they were great every time I've been there.
Jeremy Pritchett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 26, 2012
 
I'm tired of watch people try to destroy each other. We had a wife of a candidate for state rep that was assaulted the other day by a group that disagreed with her husband. This is what I'm talking about. It was not in Wentzville but was in St Charles county. I'm not doing the can we all get along, my point is just because someone does not agree with you does not make them wrong. That's what makes our system great, we have elections. Do I agrees with my elected officials? With some I do, with some I do not. Even the ones I do we do not agree 100%. The ones I disagree is not a 100% of the time too.
Jeremy Pritchett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 26, 2012
 
Ps hate auto correct.
the whole picture

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 26, 2012
 
I would probably vote for Chris Gard however I won't due to the Alderman not approving the vacancy on the board. We should be totally represented but have not been since the Mayor had to give up his seat in April and we sure do not need to have 2 seats empty because the Aldermen refuse to approve the Mayor's appointment. This is the biggest reason NOT to vote for Chris Gard. The residents need to be represented equally. Maybe the Aldermen are doing this on purpose so Chris Gard does not win because they have made this a huge case.
The Fountains

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 26, 2012
 
Jeremy Pritchett wrote:
I am helping Spencer. That has nothing to do with my comment does it? I know its hard to stay on topic in a conversation for some but how is sticking up for a local business political? I did not say anything to bring anyone else down or into the conversation. Did not slam Gard. did not pitch Spencer, just talked about not shopping at a local store because of differing political options does not make the community stronger. Once again people just want to slam people. It must make you feel good. That's ok.if that's what you need to do. My statements about Justin and his team were true, they were great every time I've been there.
You are a great politician...why? Because you talk about not slamming people because of political differences, yet you slammed your opponent in the last local election. Again, you'd make a great politician.
Jerem Pritchett

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 26, 2012
 
Ok The Fountains, if that is your real name, What did I do? You say I slammed my opponents. How and when? I would like an example. Its easy to say, trun your cards over and show.
The Fountains

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 27, 2012
 
To Jeremy: Your memory isn't very good. Remember Candidates Night?
Show Me Voter

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 27, 2012
 
I just received a card in the mail and can't possibly vote for Gard. He uses the expansion of the GM Wentzville Plant to take credit because he "voted to create hundreds of new jobs..." All he did was to vote for the expansion as did ALL of the aldermen---GM will be bringing in all of the new jobs. He also takes credit for saving $1 million, but he doesn't tell you that he voted to INCREASE our sewer rates, etc., which greatly reduces the $1 million.
Wait a Minute

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

This guy gard hasn't even served a full term in office when he was elected alderman, and now he wants us to vote for him for state. I don't think so.
Jerem Pritchett

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 27, 2012
 
The Fountains wrote:
To Jeremy: Your memory isn't very good. Remember Candidates Night?
When did I trast anyone at Candidates Night? If your talking about a handout that was passed out before showing that one of the candidates mailers used a permit that was out of louisville ky then I'm guilty as charged. O wait THAT WAS TRUE. Form the candidate "DID NOT KNOW IT WAS GOING TO GET OUT SOURCED." My comment was "I'll let it go but in the future if your preaching keeping it local you might want to double check were your items are being produced." That was the end of the situation.
JavaJava

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

No.....you are wrong. He does not take money from taxpayers for his easy living. It is all about the Ranken deal, oh sorry we paid for it....yeah you are right, he is living from our taxes, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the campus director at Wentzville Ranken.
Registered Voter wrote:
Gard just came by and his flyer says he supported the GM expansion plan. Wellll, all of the aldermen voted to expand the GM plan. He also says he'll be a strong advocate for education, which is true. However, he wants to being in Ranken which will cost us taxpayers money vs. the other educational institution. He says he voted to save the taxpayers nearly $1 million, which is true. But, he doesn't tell us that he voted to increase the sewer rates which negated most of that money. Be very, very carefuly and do your homework as he's a very smooth talker. But what I like to know is how come his business FAILED. The Java coffee shop on the Parkway didn't last and could have been a thriving business. I would also like to know what he does for a living because I continue to see him out and about in the city, lunching at the Bread Co., visiting the Senior Center, etc. What does he really do? Does he just want us (the taxpayers)to give him our money (taxes) so he can make a living as a politician?
to JavaJava

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 28, 2012
 
JavaJava wrote:
No.....you are wrong. He does not take money from taxpayers for his easy living. It is all about the Ranken deal, oh sorry we paid for it....yeah you are right, he is living from our taxes, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the campus director at Wentzville Ranken.
<quoted text>
Aww, did you use that name because he had a business on the Wentzville Parkway that had a name simular to it and it ended up going out of business. So if he goes to state, how will that be any different that his own business. Scary thought?
concerned

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 28, 2012
 
Gard was the author and main supporter to get rid of the old law against pit bulls. Although when talking to pet owners claimed he owned a German Shepard but he really himself owns a pitbull. A simple lie right.....right so when it comes to the big lies I'm sure that will come even easier.

Plus he acts like he is above everyone! What does he do...dreams that its. He needs to take a hike...he is a D-Bag..
Wow

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I thought I was the only one that caught him in a lie---it's nice to know others see right thru his glib manner. He doesn't care about his constituents, all he cares about is himself. My vote is going to his opponent, Spencer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wentzville Discussions

Search the Wentzville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 95,728
C&P renovations 8 hr Home owner 1
This is not the Ghetto! (Nov '11) 22 hr st charles 5
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Lake St. Louis, MO (Apr '12) Jul 27 mouse 10
Drug houses in st charles Jul 27 st charles 6
small pet owners beware of this hawk Jul 26 eagle eye 2
Who do you support for Sheriff Jul 25 wanting integrity 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wentzville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wentzville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wentzville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wentzville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••