Reimbursement of foods lost during storm

Posted in the Welch Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

Since: Sep 07

ANYWHERE I PLEASE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Can anyone give me a reasonable answer as to why the working men and women can't get emergency assistance for food lost during the recent storms? Their hard earned money goes to reimburse those that receive assistance year round as well as pay for what they've (assistance recipients)lost. Why is it the working men and women have to be punished because they work? I know people that have lost hundreds of dollars worth of food, but can't get any assistance because they work and pay taxes. This is absolutely absurd! What's next? I guess we will have to pay for the addicts to get their fix? I call BULL$h!it!!
Reading This

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 29, 2009
 
My niece threw out two garbage bags from her fridge. She lost everything that she had in it.
B_Bop

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 29, 2009
 
you can turn it into your home owners Insurance & They will pay you
Know the feeling

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 29, 2009
 

Judged:

2

MADD MAXX wrote:
Can anyone give me a reasonable answer as to why the working men and women can't get emergency assistance for food lost during the recent storms? Their hard earned money goes to reimburse those that receive assistance year round as well as pay for what they've (assistance recipients)lost. Why is it the working men and women have to be punished because they work? I know people that have lost hundreds of dollars worth of food, but can't get any assistance because they work and pay taxes. This is absolutely absurd! What's next? I guess we will have to pay for the addicts to get their fix? I call BULL$h!it!!
I know exactly how you feel and to be honest the anwser to your question is this simple the working men and women cant get reimbursed because we screwed up! yep that's right we worked for what we have and we screwed up when it comes to getting any help from anybody! It is pure BS and we already pay the addicts and drunks if you think about it! You can be a drug addict or a alcoholic and go get yourself a nice little check monthly because you are sick! When people have worked their whole lives have to fight just to get the pensions they have worked for when the time comes.
I guess the biggest mistake a working person makes is getting off their ass and trying to have something, we never learned how to work the system only how to pay into it for others to benefit from it! We lost about 400.00 worth of food and cant get a dime either so I know exactly how you feel, I guess I'll just start shopping by the week instead of trying to keep my freezers stocked up. Anyone interested in a nice new deep freezer? let me know I wont be using it anymore so I will be selling it!
Know the feeling

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 29, 2009
 
B_Bop wrote:
you can turn it into your home owners Insurance & They will pay you
Why should my home owners have to cover it? All that will do is raise my insurance, when others can just go out and get theirs replaced with my tax dollars doesnt make any sense to me!
Reading This

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 30, 2009
 
Know the feeling wrote:
<quoted text>Why should my home owners have to cover it? All that will do is raise my insurance, when others can just go out and get theirs replaced with my tax dollars doesnt make any sense to me!
PERFECT !

“YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

Since: Sep 07

ANYWHERE I PLEASE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 30, 2009
 
This has nothing to do with home owners insurance.. The simple fact of the matter is, the people who work for a living and pay into all these assistance programs, can't get anything out of them when they need it.. It's B.S!
Know the feeling

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 30, 2009
 
MADD MAXX wrote:
This has nothing to do with home owners insurance.. The simple fact of the matter is, the people who work for a living and pay into all these assistance programs, can't get anything out of them when they need it.. It's B.S!
That's exactly right! And the sad part is I know people who have gotten their replacement cards and they didnt even lose anything, they are selling the extra they got to working people! Now isnt that just a smack in the face to the working person and the so called system. I personally would like to thank the system for making it possible for some people to get these cards so they can sell them for dope, I dont know what they wouldve done without you, and my tax dollars to keep up their habit!
Stone1

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 30, 2009
 
MADD MAXX wrote:
This has nothing to do with home owners insurance.. The simple fact of the matter is, the people who work for a living and pay into all these assistance programs, can't get anything out of them when they need it.. It's B.S!
I honestly believe if you will go to the DHHR and can prove loss of food, they will reimburse you with food stamps. It's called Disaster Relief. EVERYONE that lives in WV should be able to receive the relief.
I hope this helps.
Jolyn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 30, 2009
 
Stone1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly believe if you will go to the DHHR and can prove loss of food, they will reimburse you with food stamps. It's called Disaster Relief. EVERYONE that lives in WV should be able to receive the relief.
I hope this helps.
Stone 1
I bleieve you are correct. I live in Homestead, FL. When we had a storm and without power for 10 days all we had to do was show proof of where we lived and they gave a set amount of dollars on a card. So WV people....working people....try what Stone 1 suggested. If not I would as a group raise a stink. You guys have put up with the workless for long enough.
Work

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 30, 2009
 
Stone1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly believe if you will go to the DHHR and can prove loss of food, they will reimburse you with food stamps. It's called Disaster Relief. EVERYONE that lives in WV should be able to receive the relief.
I hope this helps.
Sadly, only those who already receive food stamp assistance are eligible for replacement.
working person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Work wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, only those who already receive food stamp assistance are eligible for replacement.
I lost over $600.00 worth of food and I guess because we work we probally won't get any help replacing our food. But I am gonna call DHHR to see what they tell me. And then if they tell me no I can't get help this is when I do raise a stink. and as far as turning it in on homeowners insurance there's a deductable you have to meet before they will help. Working people are fighting a loosing battle when it comes to stuff like this.
Reading This

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 31, 2009
 

Judged:

1

You're right about that. The working man is always screwed. Last on the totem pole.

“YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

Since: Sep 07

ANYWHERE I PLEASE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 31, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Fortunately I didn't lose anything, but I have friends that did.. They have already contacted DHHR and were told unless they received assistance, they would not be reimbursed. As for other government assistance later, that may still be a possibility, but it's yet to be seen. It really bothers the hell out of me that people work so hard for what they have, pay their taxes, but can't get help when THEY need it.. It was the holidays, I'm sure most had their Christmas dinners in the freezer, yet to be cooked and probably bought more than usual because of the holiday. It's a shame we can send billions of dollars over seas to aid other countries, but can't help our own here in the good ole United States. HOME COMES FIRST!

“Mean People Suck”

Level 3

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 31, 2009
 

Judged:

2

MADD MAXX wrote:
Fortunately I didn't lose anything, but I have friends that did.. They have already contacted DHHR and were told unless they received assistance, they would not be reimbursed. As for other government assistance later, that may still be a possibility, but it's yet to be seen. It really bothers the hell out of me that people work so hard for what they have, pay their taxes, but can't get help when THEY need it.. It was the holidays, I'm sure most had their Christmas dinners in the freezer, yet to be cooked and probably bought more than usual because of the holiday. It's a shame we can send billions of dollars over seas to aid other countries, but can't help our own here in the good ole United States. HOME COMES FIRST!
we'll never catch any kind of break, because we WORK..
not only do we have to work to support our own families, we are expected, yes, expected, to support everyone elses families too..
makes me sick..
it'll never end..
who cares

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 31, 2009
 

Judged:

1

MADD MAXX wrote:
Fortunately I didn't lose anything, but I have friends that did.. They have already contacted DHHR and were told unless they received assistance, they would not be reimbursed. As for other government assistance later, that may still be a possibility, but it's yet to be seen. It really bothers the hell out of me that people work so hard for what they have, pay their taxes, but can't get help when THEY need it.. It was the holidays, I'm sure most had their Christmas dinners in the freezer, yet to be cooked and probably bought more than usual because of the holiday. It's a shame we can send billions of dollars over seas to aid other countries, but can't help our own here in the good ole United States. HOME COMES FIRST!
Isn't it a shame that the working class can never catch a break but people who sit on their asses ,to damn sorry to get out of the bed in the mornings get all the help.HMMMMMM....something is really wrong with that picture.
who cares

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 31, 2009
 
Also how is it that people who never worked a day in their lives can get a check, food stamps,clothing vouchers,etc. but when someone who has worked and paid into the system and when they fall on hard times can't seem to get anything?
hard worker too

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 31, 2009
 
I suggest that we flood the governor's office with phone calls telling him just how we feel. The number to call is 1-888-438-2731.

This is the number that the local DHHR was giving people to call before they got an email from Charleston telling them to stop giving out the number.

I hope this helps.
Stone1

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 31, 2009
 
Work wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, only those who already receive food stamp assistance are eligible for replacement.
I don't think your statement is fact. I have spoken with someone within your state.
I know when our state is in a state of emergency, ALL are welcome to the food stamps. Each state may be different.
If your statement is correct, then you people need to band together and find out why you are not eligible.
Stone1

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 31, 2009
 
Jolyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Stone 1
I bleieve you are correct. I live in Homestead, FL. When we had a storm and without power for 10 days all we had to do was show proof of where we lived and they gave a set amount of dollars on a card. So WV people....working people....try what Stone 1 suggested. If not I would as a group raise a stink. You guys have put up with the workless for long enough.
I appreciate you coming forth to agree with me. If people of WV won't listen, then I suppose they will miss out on the freebies the government wants them to have. They don't want working people to know they are eligible for this assistance! I was stunned the first time I received $600 in food stamps!!! One time for me was all it took, after that, I'll stand in live with the women wearing all their diamonds and people that owned their business!!
If WV people don't want the food stamps, let me know! Hard working people don't get freebies. Now is their chance!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Welch Forum right now

Search the Welch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min bacon hater 54,203
what is the usefulness of topix 15 min Weepy 9,748
Thought for the day. (Oct '13) 5 hr Old man- Bville 1,401
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 16 hr mudpuppy 1,309
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 18 hr texas pete 3,539
The McDowell County Humane Society Lied (Oct '08) 22 hr scooter 273
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) Tue -Lea- 11,259
•••
•••
•••
Welch Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Welch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Welch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Welch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Welch
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••