Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

Judged:

I really think WVVA-TV Sucks...The News Program Stinks....Agree -or- Dis-agree?
I'm going to change my cable company to Frontier TV..
Sheila

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

They have the most pathetic news coverage there is...except fot WOAY. I usually watch Charleston news. Would you believe that last Labor Day's top news story was how many campers would be in Mercer County? And when they go to these events(like the carnivals and horse shows), they are even worse. Who really wants to see such stuff for 30 minutes? And some of their reporters stumble over every other word. I know that you make mistakes, but not repeatedly. They are supposed to be professionals.
UGH

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judged:

Shelia do you work? I think you have absolutely to much time on your hands....just my opinion. You know and comment about everything.
JUST ME

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judged:

Cable Company wrote:
I really think WVVA-TV Sucks...The News Program Stinks....Agree -or- Dis-agree?
I'm going to change my cable company to Frontier TV..
I totaly agree with you if you are talking about JetBroad band this tv cable is the worse it has ever been.
Pop

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judged:

WVVA should put a bureau in McDowell County. They could fill the entire half hour with all the drug arrests, fights, overdoses, and thefts that go on down there on a daily basis.
Cable Company

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

JUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>I totaly agree with you if you are talking about JetBroad band this tv cable is the worse it has ever been.
NO! The phone company..They have TV programming now....It comes thru the phone line.

"Frontier-TV-Internet-and -Phone"

Frontier doesen't carry WVVA-TV...I'm Glad..
Mercer County Resident

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

Pop wrote:
WVVA should put a bureau in McDowell County. They could fill the entire half hour with all the drug arrests, fights, overdoses, and thefts that go on down there on a daily basis.

I'm sure they could fill more than 30 minutes of news if they would report the bad stuff that goes on in Mercer County.
Sheila

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

UGH wrote:
Shelia do you work? I think you have absolutely to much time on your hands....just my opinion. You know and comment about everything.
Do you work? You must have as much time as I do to read what I write. I don't comment on everything...only what interests me. There are others on here who comment a lot more than I do. If you don't like what I write, don't read it.
annoyed

Northfork, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

If WVVA would report on McDowell and Mercer counties it would be great. They are so much more concerned about Raleigh County. Please. They have their own station(s), give us ours!

“I really do want world peace!”

Since: Apr 07

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

annoyed wrote:
If WVVA would report on McDowell and Mercer counties it would be great. They are so much more concerned about Raleigh County. Please. They have their own station(s), give us ours!
I agree with you, annoyed! WVVA should just take the Bluefield and Princeton off their advertising because their news is about everywhere EXCEPT those places any more! They might as well just call it WVVA/Beckley and let the Beckley bureau run the station. That's about all the news they report anyway. They just need to shift their base of operations on over into Raleigh County and get it over with. Mercer County has gotten the short end of the stick for years now, even though they broadcast out of the Bluefield station, that location has deteriorated into only a bad joke! Everything else about WVVA screams BECKLEY, Beckley, Beckley! Personally, I am offended by this, and I never watch this station any more.

WVVA/Beckley's news and newscasters are so substandard that I watch Fox 59 or WVNS 7 for my local news. These stations are broadcasting out of Raleigh County, but have more Mercer County news than the station located right here! WVVA just needs to be shut down so we can get a good quality local NBC affiliate in the area.
(stepping quietly down off my soapbox now)

“just another redneck”

Level 2

Since: Jun 07

raysal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

UGH wrote:
Yea and you keep something in your hands all the time to, a pair tweezers and a magnifying glass to get the job done, if you worry about whats in your own backyard then others peps back yards don't matter
FYI

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

UGH wrote:
I have to agree with you,she's not very nice either, I've noticed every topic she has been on she ends up causing an argument.Really sad that a grown woman can't act any better than that!
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

What does Shelia do besides post her own thoughts? She always seems polite. She's as fair as anyone on here and much nicer than a lot. I don't always agree with her but I've never been angered by her posts.
Sheila

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

FYI wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you,she's not very nice either, I've noticed every topic she has been on she ends up causing an argument.Really sad that a grown woman can't act any better than that!
I do not cause arguments on the posts. I always try to be polite to everyone. If you are referring to my conflicts of interest with Stone about DB's, WE don't have a problem with it. Stone and I are personal friends and we can converse without acting like idiots. When did I cause an argument with anyone?
someone

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

JUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>I totaly agree with you if you are talking about JetBroad band this tv cable is the worse it has ever been.
I totally agree about JetBroad Band. Within the last two weeks my t.v. line has been out twice, 5 hrs, each time. Therefore, Aug. 5th, I will be hooked up with Direct Tv.
BadCompany

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not cause arguments on the posts. I always try to be polite to everyone. If you are referring to my conflicts of interest with Stone about DB's, WE don't have a problem with it. Stone and I are personal friends and we can converse without acting like idiots. When did I cause an argument with anyone?
Shelia,dont pay any attension to that remark.you are a very nice person,who is liked by all,sometimes you have got to stand your own ground,or some will try to run over you.but I think you are a very nice person.

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

curious wrote:
What does Shelia do besides post her own thoughts? She always seems polite. She's as fair as anyone on here and much nicer than a lot. I don't always agree with her but I've never been angered by her posts.
Well, said, Curious! I agree with you. It seems that someone has a bone to pick with Sheila and I am glad to speak up for her as well.

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Sheila. You do not cause arguments. You seem to have a stalker or two who follows you around to cause trouble and trash on you. Aren't you lucky to be so popular? I'm jealous!
Hate Cable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

someone wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree about JetBroad Band. Within the last two weeks my t.v. line has been out twice, 5 hrs, each time. Therefore, Aug. 5th, I will be hooked up with Direct Tv.
Just switched to Direct TV after having so much trouble with Jet Broad Band. Never have a CBS channel through Jet Broad Band. Love my Direct TV. No more television outages.

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

Hate Cable wrote:
<quoted text>
Just switched to Direct TV after having so much trouble with Jet Broad Band. Never have a CBS channel through Jet Broad Band. Love my Direct TV. No more television outages.
Are you able to get any local channels with Direct TV? My parents have it here in Mercer County, and they can't get any local channels.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Welch Forum right now

Search the Welch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
what is the usefulness of topix 5 min Pepper 9,121
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 31 min bacon hater 53,686
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr honeymylove 1,284
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 4 hr honeymylove 3,533
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 11 hr Hey Its Emma 21,783
hatfield mccoy trails Thu dcr 1
Word assocation (Sep '07) Thu mudpuppy 15,331
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) Thu purplelady1040 11,208
•••
•••
•••
•••

Welch Jobs

•••