It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
87,781 - 87,800 of 135,591 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

The Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Hebrew scriptures implies people of the local geography not 'all the people in the world'. It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the Earth.
Again, it does not matter. A small flood could have been waked away from, and there would be no need for an ark. A worldwide flood did not happen.

Where do you think that this flood occurred that was large enough to kill all people on the Earth. And why did your god as Noah to build an ark in the first place?
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it were up to you, we would still live in caves to afraid to even use fire in case it might anger one deity or another.
Gods a Provider!!!LOL 5 loaves and 2 fishes!!!LOL and the baskets came back full!!!dont you believe in Obama share the wealth!!!You stole it anyway or maybe cheating the IRS!LOL
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are a conduit for threats. Such a waste.
Just like the Bushes there were no missing dots!LOL Bush let 911 happen and many american fools believe him!You are no different when it comes to facts you twist the truth so suit you needs of gluttony!
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see, Jerusalem has been destroyed how many times? Do you even know the original name of the City you seem to think makes Christianity possible?
I doubt it. Bet you have to look it up before answering.
You are also not the authority on who is and who is not a Christian. After all, most Christians would say your viewpoint is too narrow to be a real Christian, they would call you an Evangelical Christian in order to differentiate you from real Christians.
Jerusalem will always be known as the city of david!!!!Most christians like?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Immanuel is not the same as Yeshua. "Christ" was the title, like "President" or "Emperor" or "King." If you're saying that ANY name followed by "the Christ" is the same as Immanuel, then you make the prophecy completely meaningless.
You are not in any position to erase the idea that Immanuel is the same as the Christ.Among all the prophets that came to the world,Jesus was the only one that befits that status,Immanuel...
No one till date!!!
Denying him is like denying the truth(reality)...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

The Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Hebrew scriptures implies people of the local geography not 'all the people in the world'. It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the Earth.
Nerd, by the time of the supposed flood, or the tower of babel, humans were spread all over the earth...everywhere except Antarctica.

North America was populated 13,000 years before the supposed Babel incident.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, Nerd likes the cherry-pick.
Every last one of them is dumb as a rock.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Nerd, by the time of the supposed flood, or the tower of babel, humans were spread all over the earth...everywhere except Antarctica.
North America was populated 13,000 years before the supposed Babel incident.
I think they're pretty much zeroing in on ten to twelve thousand years. Nevertheless, that's still six thousand years before the creation of the Universe.

““You must not lose faith ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know God was involved? Oh, I know, the same guys who wrote the Bible said so! And you think Scientists are overly credible? Do you really hear yourself?
BTW, who wrote the Bible? Are you up on the fact that many of the sections supposedly written by certain folks were actually written years and decades after their death! The majority of the Bible was written by ghostwriters and I am not talking about the Holy Ghost.
Of course you don't know about it, it would require you to be familiar with the history of the book you spend more time honoring than understanding. If you would just learn a bit, it might improve your understanding ... but you don't want to understand, you prefer just kneeling in front of it.
LOL
Reminds me of visiting some friends.
We needed an extra chair.
It had a bible lying on it, so a simple matter of picking it up and putting it on a shelve.
Not so, the darn thing was nailed to the chair!
Dilemma, one does not park ones ass on a bible, so nothing for it but prying it loose.
Then it turned out the thing was also glued to the chair...lol
"RIP!"
We bought a new one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you think it's true because it's something you like?
By the way, why do you assume that if someone doesn't accept the Bible, they haven't had an open mind and have been unwilling to learn? Does the name "Matt Dillahunty" mean anything to you? Look him up sometime.
Amongst all things,Christianity and the bible book stands out among all the religions on earth.It is the religion with a difference...
Matt dillahunty,what about him???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are not in any position to erase the idea that Immanuel is the same as the Christ.Among all the prophets that came to the world,Jesus was the only one that befits that status,Immanuel...
No one till date!!!
yeshua is if used as a name female.
Derived from Yoshuah meaning saviour.
So you would have 'saviour'+ annointed'
No name whatsoever not was one inclued in any of the first bibles.
Immanual is written in perfect pased time, so can't possibly have any baring on imaginary effeminate friends.

Even the original revelation does not mention any jesus and embellishments whatsoever nor the added verses on the churches.

i don't mind people believing but this kind of expressed christian gullability and use of Stolen Scriptures they don't even understand is pathetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get it. You can't try to justify accepting the Bible as true with evidence. You have to simply accept that it's all true for no good reason. Once you do that, it will all make sense.
You do realize that this method also works for the Koran, right? Why don't you just accept THAT as true? Are you afraid of becoming a Muslim? What about the book of Mormon? Are you afraid of becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS? How do you justify accepting one over the others?
All other religions on earth falls under the feet of Christian religion...
The bible book is a testimony to that...
The bible remains an un-biased book of history unlike others...
But many critics do not understand this due to their blindness...
Not withstanding,their critics can never stop the bible or God's work,that is the fact...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

What strikes me is that people could get so much more out of the book if they did not go for a literal interpretation.
But i guess it's true that people understand believe as to their capacity, which would certainly handicap the literalists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to have confused one deified mortal with another.
Jesus is the same in the past,yesterday,today and forever...
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are not in any position to erase the idea that Immanuel is the same as the Christ.Among all the prophets that came to the world,Jesus was the only one that befits that status,Immanuel...
No one till date!!!
His name was not Immanuel. Only if you already believe him to be God is it an appropriate nickname, but his name was Yeshua bar Yusuf. Yeshua means "God saves." Immanuel means "God with us." How are those two names the same? He was named Yeshua. The prophecy didn't say you could maybe call him Immanuel, but that wouldn't really be his actual name. The prophecy was very specific.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Lowell guy wrote:
[...] Are you afraid of becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS?[...]

LDS?
Lower Denizens of Scripture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know fact number one about Christianity.
You are the most ignorant person in this forum and that is saying a lot.
Here comes the damn loser.Crying continues!!!
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Amongst all things,Christianity and the bible book stands out among all the religions on earth.It is the religion with a difference...
That is completely retarded.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Matt dillahunty,what about him???
Clearly you didn't look him up, or you wouldn't be asking. Go. Now. Do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I will end up better than you.
Already have, in fact.
Keep pouting.
Just watch!!!
You will get the results six feet under the ground...

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
What strikes me is that people could get so much more out of the book if they did not go for a literal interpretation.
But i guess it's true that people understand believe as to their capacity, which would certainly handicap the literalists.
None of it makes any sense to them at all if a naked lady and a talking snake didn't actually argue over a pomegranate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Weaverville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weaverville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Weaverville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Weaverville