Tomstown Road fatality is 10th crash in 4 years

Full story: Public Opinion

The crash on Tomstown Road in Quincy Township that killed a Waynesboro girl Thursday isn't the first to happen there - there have been 10 in four years - but it's the first fatality there in the five year span.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

I'm not sure how necessary it is to publish Ms. Bonebrake's driving history at this time. She is in an I.C.U. and this crash could have nothing to do with any prior citations. Wouldn't it be prudent to let this lady be able to recount what she remembers and for the investigative process to be completed?
mommaof5

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

i must agree with u there is no reason for that to be posted at this time. but of course thats public opion.. my hart goes out to the familys

“Divine Hag”

Since: Jun 08

Briar Patch

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

There is a difference between speeding and crossing the center lane.
I'm not sure if I know the area; did the accident occur at a curve? Any indication that she was swerving to avoid something? What about the other vehicle ~ did they leave skid?
Or is this woman going to be hung out because a kid died?

Full disclosure: I have quite a few speeding tickets, one as recent as three years ago. Just in case anyone wants ammunition.
Nitro

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

The only thing I fault Mary for is not making that child buckle up in HER car. It is the law and this child's death could have been prevented.
Janie

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Nitro wrote:
The only thing I fault Mary for is not making that child buckle up in HER car. It is the law and this child's death could have been prevented.
The young lady that died was not a passenger in the Bonebrake vehicle, she was a passenger in the vehicle that was hit head on. Read the article again.
Have to be vague

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

BGSU wrote:
I'm not sure how necessary it is to publish Ms. Bonebrake's driving history at this time. She is in an I.C.U. and this crash could have nothing to do with any prior citations. Wouldn't it be prudent to let this lady be able to recount what she remembers and for the investigative process to be completed?
Actually, it is very significant. The facts in this matter are not at all what anyone can imagine. It is very sad and it's hard to say if it was unavoidable given the accurate circumstances. That is all I can say. I hate to be vague, but will let the local publications release information as they deem fit.
Have to be vague

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

See Chel Post wrote:
There is a difference between speeding and crossing the center lane.
I'm not sure if I know the area; did the accident occur at a curve? Any indication that she was swerving to avoid something? What about the other vehicle ~ did they leave skid?
Or is this woman going to be hung out because a kid died?
Full disclosure: I have quite a few speeding tickets, one as recent as three years ago. Just in case anyone wants ammunition.
The road, detour, prior accidents and teenagers had nothing to do with the cause of this accident. The only skid mark appeared to be the Eclipse's after it was hit.
My Opinion

Saint Thomas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

BGSU wrote:
This is true.
Waynesboro resident

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Will they check the cell phone records of Ms Bonebrake ???? Cell phone use or texting is getting to be the cause of a lot of accidents these days. Can't say enough about seat belts. Must the Federal Govement mandate that a vehicle not start unless seat belts are bunckled ? We all complaine about goverment in our pocket but when we can't take reasonable care of protecting our life through indifference , this is what results.
TheEqualizer

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

All I've been hearing/reading on the news about this crash, is how bad that intersection is (Mentzer Gap/Tomstown Rd). That intersection had nothing to do with that crash. It actually happened up the street from the intersection. Two cars hit headon on Tomstown Rd. No one pulled out from the intersection into the path of another, so why is the media dwelling on this?
Agent 0

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Someone told me she hit several mailboxes along Furnace Road before the accident. Also she was prescribed meds and was told not to drive while taking this medication.Very sad and tragic for all that is involved.
live life

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

BGSU wrote:
My thoughts exactly!!!! JACK-ASSES!!!!!!!!!!
Concerned

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

If what Agent O said is right then this lady should go straight to jail after she gets out of ICU, if she was not to be driving then I consider that to be vehicular homicide.
Boro Hick

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Thank God noone was collecting the contaminated water from the pump at the time of the wreck!!!!
just my opinion

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

the young girl was texting while driving ..check her facebook page..all though a few have been deleted..someone is looking out for this young girl ..what are they covering up...did mrs. bonebrake swerve to miss the young lady because she was in the wrong lane of traffic????
Ugh

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

I really hope this is on the online edition and not in the actual paper. "16 or 17"? Really? Read your own paper to find out her actual age, Hook.
People these days

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Hey just my opinion, if she were texting from her phone to facebook then it would have said under that comment from mobile phone! In this case she was NOT! Mind your own business if you don't know the facts! It was well over an hour that she was online before the accident even happened!
fault

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

just my opinion wrote:
the young girl was texting while driving ..check her facebook page..all though a few have been deleted..someone is looking out for this young girl ..what are they covering up...did mrs. bonebrake swerve to miss the young lady because she was in the wrong lane of traffic????
Conspiracy, heh? The article clearly states that the Bonebrake vehicle was in the wrong lane. Until there is legitimate word otherwise, I will take it at face value. I doubt the police, witnesses and newspapers are all in cahoots.
just my opinion

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

People these days wrote:
Hey just my opinion, if she were texting from her phone to facebook then it would have said under that comment from mobile phone! In this case she was NOT! Mind your own business if you don't know the facts! It was well over an hour that she was online before the accident even happened!
she was texting..it was their and it was from mobile...its gone now..someone erased it yesterday..my child is her facebook friend..it was clearly there. too many people saw it..sorry for your luck and sorry for hers..texting and driving is not exceptable!!!!1
ship resident

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

just my opinion wrote:
You idiot, re-read the story!!! What did you not understand about the FACT that Mrs. Bonebrake was the one who crossed the center line and hit the young girl head on?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waynesboro Discussions

Search the Waynesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 10 min Fast Eddie 51,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 13 hr Independent Voter 3,557
Carrie Collins Apr 1 phillipemadrinan 1
Patients urged to test for infections after Cha... (May '11) Mar '14 ALD 102
Franklin County's veterans' clubs and social cl... (Sep '08) Mar '14 WaynesBar 33
Joy El installs 2014 board of directors Feb '14 hmmm 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Waynesboro, PA (Dec '11) Feb '14 toxic 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waynesboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waynesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE