Second stabbing suspect held

Aug 24, 2006 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gurnee Review

STAFF WRITER sykora@pioneerlocal.com A second suspect in the stabbing death of a sailor at the Cove nightclub is being held at the Lake County Jail on $1 million bond.

( via Gurnee Review  )
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

I AM THE SISTER OF THE STAB VICTIM, TEDDY POWELL, WHO DIED AS A RESULT OF THOSE INJURIES. MY MOTHER AND I WRECK OUR BRAINS EVERYDAY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW AND WHY THIS HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE BROTHER. HE DIDN'T BOTHER ANYBODY AND WAS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OUT ANYBODY WITH ANYTHING. WHICH IS HOW THIS HAPPENED TO HIM THAT NIGHT. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!! HOW CAN SOMETHING SO BRUTAL HAPPEN TO SOMEONE SO CARING AND DEDICATED? MY LITTLE BROTHER IS GONE-WHICH NOW MAKES ME AN ONLY CHILD. I'M SO USED TO HAVING MY BABY BROTHER AROUND AND NOW THAT HE'S GONE-DUE TO THE HANDS OF 2 INDIVIDUALS: JAMES E. LEFLORE AND ANTONIO CIFRE. BOTH SUSPECTS ARE IN JAIL FOR THE MURDER OF MY BROTHER, BUT THAT STILL WON'T BRING MY BABY BROTHER BACK! WE WANT JUSTICE!!
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

i am so sorry for the lost of your brother. i am tonys sister and i a cant explain how sorry me and my fam is for your mothers and your lost! i know we cant bring him back but just to let you know that my brother didnt do the stabbing leflore did he came cleaned about the whole thing! still do this day i try to figure out what happen and how the whole thing got started? but once again i am so sorry so is my fam! um... my brother was stabbed as well had two balck eyes , and a broken nose so we feel sad for my bro cuz now he is gone for a very long time and for something he never did he was defending him slef by trying to fight those other men off of him! james were fightin your brother! if you want to talk let me know but i we r very sorry for your fams lost!
Doc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

I was one of the men who gotten stabbed. James leflore did not have his trial yet. I refuse to talk on this about the whole situation, considering me and Teddy were defending our friends. The situation had nothing to do with us at all. I really did wish things could have went a different way, but I cant stand by and watch a female get punched and her boyfriend get beat up by a bunch of guys. what kind of friend would that make me just to sit there and watch my friends get beat up. I was standing there when everything went down, cause it happened right infront of me... Antonio is the one who was fighting with me and was the person who stabbed me. Me, being a christian man, I forgive what he had done to me.I would hope that he can find peace and forgive himself for what he has done as well. I got a 6 in scar to remind me of that fateful night. I was laying next to Teddy in the ER when they pronounce him dead. There is not a day that goes by to where I dont think about that and i owe my life to him. He was a great person, and very loyal to his friends. I been to Iraq twice and this is up there with that. I know that we are just waiting for closure on all this, its almost been a year next month...Tasha, I was trying to get ahold of you and wilma. Please respond on this with your email so I can get some information from you. Again, I am sorry that a man had to loose his life over something stupid, and 5 other peoples life will never be the same, not to mention the family members of each individual. May god bless everyone..
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

i am so sorry for your pain and i wish i csn change all that for you and everyone else but we cant. i speak with my bro everyday and he swears he didnt stabb noone. i dont know but all we can say is that we are so sorry for everyone lost but we . so he has also said that he was the one who got stabbed to did you know he was hurt as well he had two black eyes and a stabb wound so we would like to kniow who stabb hin as well all i can say is read the discovery papers again my family is sorry for everyone lost. but just know that tantrum is the one to blame for all of this.he should of neva pulled the blade,tasha we r so sorry i hope you can find it in you guys heart to forgive
Doc

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

It must have been his friend that stabbed him, because none of us had knives, not to mention, none of us were looking for a fight. We were celebrating teddy's last day before he went off. It is bad when you cant go out with a bunch of friends, just to have a good time, without trouble and people who want to start fights. Again, i forgive both of the guys who did this. You say that your brother did nothing, but i saw everything. It still plays in my head till this day, and I try to think the WHAT IF's all the time, but there is nothing none of us can do. I am not saying your brother is guilty of killing my friend, but why did he take a plea deal for 14 years if he was innocent? that just doesnt make scence you know. I am not sure if they were intoxicated or what the whole fight was even about. me and ted were there at the wrong place at the wrong time. I regret fighting with the guys, but speaking for teddy and myself, we were loyal to our friends..I just wished this never happened.
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

i feel for you he had to take that plea! he was scared! i dont know who stabbed him and thats what we dot understand about the whole thing either he was always taught not to kill or hurt people but i wasnt there but from me to you and teddys fam i am so sorry if people would know how to walk away their would be less killin you know what i mean.in the discovery papers it said that the girl waas pushed for behind! and it did say that cleveland had hit him first. i dont understand why that be in his discovery papers and your sayn something else,so plz tell me whats the deal, k talk to you later
Doc

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

my brother wrote:
i feel for you he had to take that plea! he was scared! i dont know who stabbed him and thats what we dot understand about the whole thing either he was always taught not to kill or hurt people but i wasnt there but from me to you and teddys fam i am so sorry if people would know how to walk away their would be less killin you know what i mean.in the discovery papers it said that the girl waas pushed for behind! and it did say that cleveland had hit him first. i dont understand why that be in his discovery papers and your sayn something else,so plz tell me whats the deal, k talk to you later
Again, i was standing right there and saw the whole thing unfold. Just a question for you....would you be able to walk away watching your friends get jumped? Its just natural to help your friends. I was always taught that. I just don't understand why a knife had to be involved in the whole thing. I am not sure how intoxicated or what not they where, but if they wer elooking for a fight, they didnt have to murder, you know?? Again, whatever happened had nothing to do with me, but Me and Teddy where defending our friends and fellow shipmates. Your brother was actually the one that attacked me. I was not the persuer. I walked over to see what the problem was and he came and started swinging at me. After that, I had to defend myself.
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

HEY I AM NOT COMIN AT YOU WRONG I WAS JUST ASKIN QUESTION I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE CUZI WASNT THERE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, IJUST WANT SOME ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS THATS ALL YOU KNOW WHAT IMEAN SO DOES MY MOTHER CUZ HE WAS SUPPOSE TO GO TO SCHOOL THIS YEAR BUT NOW HE CANT CUZ OF HIS CHOICE OF FRENZ
Doc

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Thats understandable. I dont have a problem answering any type of questions that you or your mother might have. I don't know who your brother is personally, so i can't judge his charachter. Like you said, some people make mistakes of choosing the friends they hang around.
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

well i hope you can find it in your heart to forgive him but just to let you that james leflore is lookin at 60 years i know its not enough but i hope can bring you and teddys fam some kinda peace, our fam is hurt as well but hey we cant do nothing cuz he was the one to make the choice tohang with that bad person JAMES LEFLORE
Doc

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

I have to agree with you on that. I heard the dude only got 1 year for shooting someone. Thats crazy! Yeah, I heard he is up for 60 years. Ill be up there for the trial, along with the Powell's and alot of other military members. Like I said before, I do forgive both of them for what happened. Granted, it took a long time to forgive. Its just Teddy was a great guy, and had NO ENEMYS! He would take his shirt off his back for anyone.
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

Judged:

HEY, ITS TOSHIA, TEDDY'S SISTER. MY MOTHER AND I BELIEVE THAT THE RIGHT PEOPLE ARE IN JAIL FOR MY BROTHER'S MURDER. BUT, PERSONALLY WE DON'T THINK THAT 14 YEARS OR 60 YEARS IS NOT LONG ENOUGH!!! MY BROTHER WILL NEVER LIVE AGAIN AND NO AMOUNT OF YEARS IN JAIL WILL AMOUNT TO HIS LIFE BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM ALL OF US! THEY BOTH SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON AND GET F***** IN THE ASS EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!!!
Scott

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

Hey Toshia. This is Scott Reid. I hope that you and your family are doing well. Me and other people that teddy was stationed with was hoping to get your address and all, so I can send your family a card. Alot of people still are thinking about you guys and keeping you guys in our prayers. Its hard to believe its been almost a year since this happened. Are you going to be at the trial?
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

hEY SCOTT, IT'S TOSHIA. WE ARE DOING OKAY, I GUESS CONSIDERING THE 1 YR. ANNIVERSARY IS COMING UP. YOU ARE SO FAR AWAY FROM US. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A MEMORIAL ON AUGUST 13TH AT TEDDY'S GRAVESITE. I KNOW YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, BUT WE KNOW YOU'LL BE THINKING OF THAT NIGHT ONE YEAR AGO. I TRIED TO GIVE YOU THE PHONE NUMBER BUT THE COMPUTER WON'T LET ME. SO, I'LL SPELL IT OUT:AREA CODE SIX ONE EIGHT TWO ONE FIVE ONE ZERO FIVE THREE. AND THE ADDRESS IS SEVEN THREE SEVEN VERONICA AVENUE, EAST ST. LOUIS, ILLINOIS ZIP CODE IS SIX TWO TWO ZERO FIVE. SO, HOW ARE YOU DOING? YES WE WILL BE AT THE TRIAL, WHENEVER THAY FINALLY DECIDE TO START IT!!
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

SCOTT, MY MOTHER WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU. WHENEVER YOU GET THE PHONE NUMBER THAT I GAVE YOU IN MY LAST COMMENT, PLEASE CALL HER OR GIVE US A WAY THAT WE CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. IT'S HARD FOR US TO BELIEVE THAT IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR TOO. TIME FLIES BY THESE DAYS. DO YOU AND THE REST OF HIS FRIENDS MISS HIM AS MUCH AS WE DO? TELL ALL OF THEM THAT WE LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR THINKING OF US DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME OF OUR LIVES. WE WISH YOU COULD COME TO THE MEMORIAL BUT WE UNDERSTAND THAT "DUTY CALLS"!!! IT SEEMS LIKE IT WAS JUST YESTERDAY THAT HE WAS HERE WITH US. WHEN ACTUALLY IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 365 DAYS SINCE WE'VE SEEN THAT MILLION DOLLAR SMILE!!!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT, RIGHT? PLEASE RESPOND TO MY COMMENTS AND CALL US A.S.A.P. WHEN EXACTLY IS THE TRIAL SUPPOSED TO START ANYWAY. LAST TIME WE KNEW, IT WAS JUNE 25TH, AND THEN IT GOT CONTINUED UNTIL SOME TIME IN SEPTEMBER. DO YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS DUE TO START? WHAT DATE DID THEY TELL YOU TO BE IN WAUKEGAN? I'M READY FOR IT TO START BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED, WHO DID WHAT, AND WHY? AND YOU WERE THERE SO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWERS TO ALL OUR QUESTIONS. WHAT HAPPENED, SCOTT?
Scott

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

THanks! I got all your information. Is it ok to pass this along to everyone else? It will be nice to see you guys again. Yes, i am stationed back wih the Marines in North Carolina now. I was supposed to Deploy to Iraq this month, but they are keeping me back for this trial. they keep pushing the trial back..I am just ready to get this over with so teddy can Rest in Peace you know..I am glad that you guys are doing well. If you guys ever need anything, let me know. My email is SMOOTHSTL@HOTMAIL.COM...Take care:)
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

OF COURSE IT'S OKAY TO PASS THE INFO. ALONG. IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN ALSO. I'M READY FOR THE TRIAL TO BEGIN TOO CAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE WILL FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. WE WANT TO KNOW EVERY MOVE MY BROTHER MADE FROM THE TIME HE ENTERED THE COVE. I JUST HATE THAT WE'LL HAVE TO RELIVE THIS WHOLE NIGHTMARE ALL OVER AGAIN. MY MOTHER TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO CALL THAT NUMBER I GAVE YOU TONIGHT SO SHE CAN TALK TO YOU. SHE HAS A LOT OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND BY YOU HAVING A "FRONT ROW SEAT" TO THE INCIDENT, WE KNOW YOU CAN ANSWER ALL OUR QUESTIONS. WE HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE WE'RE COMING FROM. WE HATE TO MAKE YOU GO BACK TO THAT NIGHT BUT WE WERE 400 MILES AWAY WHEN IT WENT DOWN SO WE'RE BASICALLY LEFT IN THE DARK WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT HAPPENED. I WAS THE ONE WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE WHEN DANIELLE CALLED FROM VICTORY HOSPITAL AT 3 IN THE MORNING AND SHE DIDN'T SOUND LIKE MY BROTHER'S INJURIES WERE LIFE-THREATENING. THAT WAS ONE PHONE CALL I COULD HAVE WENT WITHOUT ANSWEREING!! sO, CAN YOU PLEASE CALL THAT NUMBER I GAVE YOU TONIGHT? WE'D RALLY APPRECIATE IT. I'M SITTING HERE WITH THE PHONE RIGHT HERE HOPING IT RINGS AND IT'S YOU ON THE OTHER END!
MADFLY4U

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS WWW.MADFLY4U@YAHOO.COM
my brother

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2007

I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT I WAS ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE IS THAT WAS UNESS, TO SAY YOU HOPE MY BROTHER GETS IT LIKE THAT! I WAN TO KNOW THE REAL DEAL TO MY MOM FEELS HORRIBLE AS WELL, WE CANT CHANGE WANT HAPPEN BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS SAY SORRY FOR YOU GUYS LOST I HAVE THE DIS COVERY PAPERS AND FROM WHAT IT SEEMES LIKE TO ME THAT JAMES WAS THE ONE DOIN ALL THE STABBIN, THAT NIGHT MY BROTHER WAS STABBED ONCE IN THE TUMMY, BROKEN NOSE, 2 BLACK EYES SO HE COULD OF DIED TO AS WELL, I CANT SAY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL CUZ I DONT BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS FIND COMFORT AND PEACE, I AM TONYS SIS AND I AM NOT A HORRIBLE PERSON WE JUST WANT OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED AS WELL AGAIN WE R VERY, VERY SORRY IF YOU WANT TO SEE THOSE DIS COVERY PAPERS
DANNY

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

james is a great friend and somebody else had to of done the stabbing because james was strong and wouldnt use weapons he doesnt need to. i back him up 100 percent.sorry for the person that lost theyre life it is sad.and the person who said they should be in jail for the rest of theyre lives can go to hell. everyone brings things on themselves.he was playing with fire and he got burned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Waukegan Forum right now

Search the Waukegan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Zion Resident Buys Very High-End Drones to Spy ... 53 min Doc Smith 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Pay to Play 1,881
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Nono 6,592
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 4 hr Chicagobunny 528
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 hr truth 49,025
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu Audit 3,853
Judge jay ukena (Mar '13) Wed Susanne Wood 120
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waukegan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waukegan People Search