Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2009
Where is the justice

Danville, OH

#1 Apr 23, 2008
All she got was 1 month in prison an 9 months home confinement if it was anyone else they would have done the year in prison.....
u people are stupid

Hannibal, MO

#2 Apr 29, 2008
if thats not the truth
Tom Dubrick

Chicago, IL

#3 May 5, 2008
I think All of you people should reserve judgment.( Is that not biblical...?)
I have met,known and worked with Mrs. Lustfeldt. I do not believe she poses a threat to others, or the community. She will NOT be employed in a financial institution any time soon. I also believe that restitution was made, arguments AND testimony heard, remorse shown, etc.
Home confinement is indeed a form of punishment. It lessens the burden to state, and federal government, and other stresses on the community. She has also sought family, professional incl. capable legal and medical help, who had input.
The presiding judge is also a very fair, decent and honorable man. who served nn the Il. Appellate 3rd District( incl. chief Justice) before his federal appointment. The sentence falls within guidelines, and his discretion.
"let he who is without sin cast the first stone...". This was not a "fixed" trial, or race matter, so spare US ALL that view. TD

Mount Prospect, IL

#4 Aug 31, 2009
She's not actually doing total home confinement - she's able to go to "work" @ the Mental Health Center.
Must be known

Downers Grove, IL

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Newbie, That is correct...
Finally

Fairport, NY

#6 Sep 1, 2009
I seen her at the store twice. Her husband needs a wake-up call he acts like he is so much better than the rest of us, when he and his family are no better than the next family!
really

Sun City, CA

#7 Sep 1, 2009
yea i wonder if he conciders that shit when he is on the bench judging everone else. think not!
let it be known

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 6, 2009
i don't care what anyone says,they are good people,she made a mistake and has payed for it.
Let it be a lie

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2009
I ca't believe she works at mental health,sure she isn't a patient?
Let it be a lie

United States

#10 Sep 8, 2009
Cause she is def wacko jacko,Gordon isn't too bad. But anyone with the income those two have and to be embezzling, wow. If that were me i'd still be in lock up. And i have no criminal record either.
Nice people

Ashkum, IL

#11 Sep 26, 2009
I agree she totally messed up..but she is paying for it. They seem like nice enough people.
unhappy client

United States

#12 Sep 29, 2009
She has worked at the Mental Health Center for quite some time now... I personally am a client, and I do NOT appreciate the fact that she has access to personal, confidential files. It's all because her husband and the Executive Administrator Dennis Hopkins are good buddies. I said something to Dennis about it - this was back before she was ever convicted - and all he had to say was "Innocent until proven guilty". Well... she's been proven guilty - why is she still there? I think every single person that is a client of the MHC should file a grievance against Dennis Hopkins - for having a convicted felon working with confidential files, and see if something can't be done. Dennis is retired from a state job, and I'm sure he gets a hefty pension - let's get him out of there and let him take Deanna Lustfeldt with him....
judici dot com

Elk Grove Village, IL

#13 Oct 1, 2009
I agree some with both sides. Don't really care for Gordon but the family seems nice enough & I'm sure her penalities fall under what's right but I also don't think it's right that she is working anywhere with confidential information.
unhappy client

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2009
Gordon's a JERK and Deanna is a stuck up b*tch. She treats the clients like crap, but it doesn't do any good because of Gordon and Dennis's friendship. I never said that her punishment didn't fit her crime... the prisons are overloaded as it is. But don't you think she got a break because her husband is a judge? Of course she did, because she had herslf admitted to an inpatient mental health facility when it happened - probably at his recommendation - that way she could ask for leniency due to her "mental illness".

My point was: she is working with confidential information every day of the week. I was told that she signed a confidentiality agreement in order to work there. Well, don't you think she also either signed something or it was understood that she wouldn't steal from the bank when she worked there too?
Michael

Charleston, IL

#16 Oct 9, 2009
I was convicted of a Felony, white collar-type of thing. I served 3 years probation,$2500 fine, with the first year of probation on Home Confinement (not one moment in prison or a holding cell - wasn't even arrested). As a parent, trust me, that's a major pain in the arse (especially since my son doesn't live with me AND I'm deeply involved with him).

Home Confinement is NOT house arrest - people can go to work, go to the store, and carry on with life ALMOST as before. One big hitch: EVERYTHING outside the home must be planned and approved before it's done. Travel restrictions suck, too. I worked in Chicago at the time of my "confinement," and that permission thing had me missing ten days of work (not including weekends) just to await a decision and eventual approval.

I am not complaining. I deserved it. Although my time and probation is now served, I will never forget that experience. Easy as the courts were on my particular crime the whole thing taught some rather large lessons. And even though no one really cares about my crime when they find out, it's always gonna be a sore spot for me to know I have the Big F on my record.

I feel for Mrs. Lustfeldt because I know what she's going through - and I think I know that she's not only kicking herself for what she did to herself but also for the shame she brought upon her family.

The positive thing is the Judge stood by his wife and their family stayed together. I can't say the same for mine. That alone is something to admire about them.

Perhaps she got off light. I know I did. Here's the difference between the two of us:

Mrs. Lustfeldt may be connected and lives comfortably, but I am and do not. The judge for my case was the same for hers. That judge's philosophy was stated over and over. Take responsibility and he'll go as easy as he can. Take it to jury and LOSE, he'll hammer you with the max and possibly find other related charges to suggest slapping on. I listened and did what was suggested. So did Mrs. Lusfeldt. THAt is why they went easy on her (and me). Well, also the fact they they can kinda tell who's going to be gracing the courts again. PROBATION is also something they use to determine that. One can fake stability and intent for a short date court case, but no one can keep that up for years.

I will also say that her attitude of late might be due to defensiveness over that whole thing. She's prominent in certain higher circles, as is her husband, and she is a parent. She must live with what she did for the rest of her days (even if she's eventually pardoned - as I could be). I'm lucky to be of low station because people will forget (most already have). But she won't have that privilege.

I'm betting she learned, and thus fixed whatever was the chief cause.

Cut her a break.
Watseka citizen

United States

#17 Oct 10, 2009
Michael wrote:
I was convicted of a Felony, white collar-type of thing. I served 3 years probation,$2500 fine, with the first year of probation on Home Confinement (not one moment in prison or a holding cell - wasn't even arrested). As a parent, trust me, that's a major pain in the arse (especially since my son doesn't live with me AND I'm deeply involved with him).
Home Confinement is NOT house arrest - people can go to work, go to the store, and carry on with life ALMOST as before. One big hitch: EVERYTHING outside the home must be planned and approved before it's done. Travel restrictions suck, too. I worked in Chicago at the time of my "confinement," and that permission thing had me missing ten days of work (not including weekends) just to await a decision and eventual approval.
I am not complaining. I deserved it. Although my time and probation is now served, I will never forget that experience. Easy as the courts were on my particular crime the whole thing taught some rather large lessons. And even though no one really cares about my crime when they find out, it's always gonna be a sore spot for me to know I have the Big F on my record.
I feel for Mrs. Lustfeldt because I know what she's going through - and I think I know that she's not only kicking herself for what she did to herself but also for the shame she brought upon her family.
The positive thing is the Judge stood by his wife and their family stayed together. I can't say the same for mine. That alone is something to admire about them.
Perhaps she got off light. I know I did. Here's the difference between the two of us:
Mrs. Lustfeldt may be connected and lives comfortably, but I am and do not. The judge for my case was the same for hers. That judge's philosophy was stated over and over. Take responsibility and he'll go as easy as he can. Take it to jury and LOSE, he'll hammer you with the max and possibly find other related charges to suggest slapping on. I listened and did what was suggested. So did Mrs. Lusfeldt. THAt is why they went easy on her (and me). Well, also the fact they they can kinda tell who's going to be gracing the courts again. PROBATION is also something they use to determine that. One can fake stability and intent for a short date court case, but no one can keep that up for years.
I will also say that her attitude of late might be due to defensiveness over that whole thing. She's prominent in certain higher circles, as is her husband, and she is a parent. She must live with what she did for the rest of her days (even if she's eventually pardoned - as I could be). I'm lucky to be of low station because people will forget (most already have). But she won't have that privilege.
I'm betting she learned, and thus fixed whatever was the chief cause.
Cut her a break.
You are missing the whole point. She is working with VERY personal, confidential information. Sorry, but no matter how "white collar" the crime is, it's still a crime, and a felony to boot. She, in my opinion, has absolutely NO business being in that type of situation. Period. End of story.
inbreeders

United States

#18 Oct 10, 2009
ARE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
SNAKE

United States

#19 Oct 10, 2009
I slither in and out of those files all the time. Nothing in them anyone is gonna give a rats ass about. Me and my snake friends sit around and discuss the files every friday night at our drunkin parties. Hell if it's not in the file we add shit.
anomyous

Fairport, NY

#20 Nov 6, 2009
Yah for real our local States Attorney and our judges are all crooked .They protect their own but the ell with protecting others or giving them a brake hell no becuz we aren't policital people like they are .Hows about JAmes Devine and his wife getting drunk at the fire fest uptown you don't see them getting a DUI .
duh im an inbreeder

United States

#21 Nov 6, 2009
let them get drunk, and enjoy life once in a while without having to deal with al you losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min mahz 49,516
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr only one voter 1,909
Watseka police officer at party (Jul '13) Aug 30 dropline 7
Uarco (Nov '08) Aug 29 all4america 18
new to the area Aug 28 smart 4
jessica avalos Aug 28 letsplayhidethesa... 3
Swingers? Aug 28 monsterbalz 8
•••
•••
Watseka Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••