Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

I just left there...what SH^T they serve!!! And when I complained about it..they were VERY rude!! The fish was fried frozen and it was as hard as a rock! All I wanted was fresh fish!! Is that asking to much?? Just want to warn others...BAD FOOD!! and BAD SERVICE!!! BUT, they didn't have a problem taking my $30.00!!!
Kenny

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

Wah, wah, wah!
Frozen

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

Honestly, all of the places around here that do the fish fries use frozen fish. It is not like they are hiding this fact because you can clearly see them making the food. I used to love the fish up there, but in the past few years their prices have increased, while portion size and food quality have decreased. If you want fresh fish I suggest you make it yourself or go to J Fire's.
Terry

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

go to bobecks if you want great fish
bobsfat

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

Terry wrote:
go to bobecks if you want great fish
That was the worst suggestion I have ever read. You need your head examined!!!!!!!!!!
KLB

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

FPO wrote:
I just left there...what SH^T they serve!!! And when I complained about it..they were VERY rude!! The fish was fried frozen and it was as hard as a rock! All I wanted was fresh fish!! Is that asking to much?? Just want to warn others...BAD FOOD!! and BAD SERVICE!!! BUT, they didn't have a problem taking my $30.00!!!
Awwww! Let's all go cry about it! Boo hoo! Someone is high maintenance...
so you know

Chillicothe, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

All fish is frozen served around here it's all about the preperation when it's fried can't fry fish frozen solid it has to be thawed completely may be hard for the VFW to do that since they only serve one day a week....
plowboy

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

I quit going there years ago, everytime I have got fish there it sat in there roasters to long or it was cold when I got it, rt 3 and willies has the best fish in the waterloo area and at a fair price and there not much waiting time.
cook

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

fried fish sold at local fish frys is bought flash fried and frozen. This means it was fried at a very high temp for about 30 seconds when it was processed. It's partially cooked, this adheres the batter to the fish, and reduces total fry time. The fish is then fried frozen. The same process is used for chicken, onion rings, french fries, almost all fried foods that aren't 'home made'. It's the same everywhere.

If you want fresh fish, grab a pole and hit up a pond or lake. One good outing will supply enough fish for three or four fish frys.
FPO

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

I understand that is it frozen...thaw it out before you fry it! It was really all about the way they treated me..they act like i was trying to rip them off a piece of fish...I just wanted what was comimg to me and wanted it cooked right! I don't think that is asking to much! But..thats ok..I just won't be going back to the VFW for ANYTHING!
FPO

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

* it is*
The Shadow

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

FPO wrote:
Try Millstadt. I like their food better. Short drive AND get your picture taken on the Tank!!! Bonus!!!!
The Shadow

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

I just had a thought:

All these old dudes (and the chicks in Ladies Auxiliary) can get their old uniforms out and they can have a Battle of the VFW Fish Fry's!!!! Sort of a "Civil war reinactment" only the weapons are wire baskets, peanut oil and deep fat fryers!!! Participant cooks and servers get to wear their funny hats while duking it out on the culinary battlefield!!! Pay one price at the gate and sample what each VFW makes then YOU the paying public vote to decide who gets the Golden Deep Fat Fryer Basket!!!! Are you ready to ruuuuuuummmmmbbbbble???!!!!???
Home fryer

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

I batter my fish and freeze it right after I fillet them. I layer them with wax paper in the freezer and put them in a large zip lock bag. I Throw them from frozen right in the fryer. They turn out perfect every time. This cuts down the prep time, it makes for a little more work while I'm cleaning the fish but well worth it. I always fry within three months of freezing to keep from getting freezer burnt.
haha

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

FPO wrote:
Dont cry little boy grab your cane pole and catch them your damn self
who

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

FPO wrote:
who was rude? I'm having a little bit of trouble believing ANYONE from the Waterloo VFW would be rude.
millstadt native

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

millstat fish was better than waterloo, just tried them both
mbromme57

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Just ate at Waterloo Sportsmans club great hot fresh fish homemade dessert good prices
Get smart

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

bobsfat wrote:
<quoted text>That was the worst suggestion I have ever read. You need your head examined!!!!!!!!!!
Got a pound of cod there last-night it was great. You just obviously have a problem with them. I mean your stupid screen name says it all. Total cheap shot at Bob. I bet your one of those people who only eat McDonald square fish.
frydaddy

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Otts in Millstadt! Only way to go Baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Waterloo Forum right now

Search the Waterloo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
no shoes 13 min agree 4
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Te rigs 48,996
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 33 min nono 3,845
Fair Board removes 2nd post over missing hambur... 1 hr Agriculture Dept 16
FAIR is Unfair (Jul '13) 2 hr listen to this 51
Topix Posts Result in Prosecution 2 hr FYI 1
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr newpoly 1,867
Demolition Derby (Jul '10) Mon Bubba 111
•••
•••
•••
Waterloo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••