Sgt Suck It

Columbia, IL

#24 Jul 13, 2012
I agree. the owner is greedy.
CJJ

Saint Louis, MO

#25 Jul 13, 2012
I am the owner of Studio J Salon/Spa. There seems to be a lot of confusion about my salon this week. I would love to personally answer any questions you may have. Please call the salon with any questions or concerns. We are not closing now or ever.
hair dos and donts

Columbia, IL

#26 Jul 14, 2012
Ive been to every salon in town in the last 20 years except Studio J and really couldnt find a stylist that would listen to me or give me a good hair cut. I met a stylist thru a friend and have been driving to a salon in Stl for 8 years every 6 weeks. Id love to see a new salon make it here and may just give Studio J a try, but a bad haircut takes weeks to grow out and im afraid to switch stylists.
Former Studio J client

Waterloo, IL

#27 Jul 14, 2012
I started going to Studio J right when they opened. I was looking for a new stylist and a friend of mine told me about one of the stylists there and I made an appointment. After years of searching for someone who could get my cut and color just right, I finally found it! I enjoyed going there and liked the fact that it was a full service salon. A little over a year ago, I had an appointment with my stylist and got a call about an hour before my appointment telling me they would have to reschedule me with another stylist. They would not tell me why. I told them I would wait for my stylist to reschedule. No one would come out & tell me why, but they said she no longer worked there. I followed this stylist to another local salon and I have heard many of the stylists at Studio J have also left. It's a shame, because I liked the full service they offered, but I will take a good stylist over a building any day. My mother and at least 3 or 4 of my friends have stopped going there also to follow their preferred stylist. Too bad they can't keep their stylists.
uhh

Waterloo, IL

#28 Jul 14, 2012
Former Studio J client wrote:
I started going to Studio J right when they opened. I was looking for a new stylist and a friend of mine told me about one of the stylists there and I made an appointment. After years of searching for someone who could get my cut and color just right, I finally found it! I enjoyed going there and liked the fact that it was a full service salon. A little over a year ago, I had an appointment with my stylist and got a call about an hour before my appointment telling me they would have to reschedule me with another stylist. They would not tell me why. I told them I would wait for my stylist to reschedule. No one would come out & tell me why, but they said she no longer worked there. I followed this stylist to another local salon and I have heard many of the stylists at Studio J have also left. It's a shame, because I liked the full service they offered, but I will take a good stylist over a building any day. My mother and at least 3 or 4 of my friends have stopped going there also to follow their preferred stylist. Too bad they can't keep their stylists.
what exactly is full service?
Former Studio J client

Waterloo, IL

#29 Jul 14, 2012
By full service, I mean you could get manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, massage,and spray tan as well as hair services.
Customer

Euless, TX

#30 Jul 14, 2012
Go to Beauty Network!
Stylist

United States

#31 Jul 16, 2012
Cessie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jiggys, it is fair the owner has to absorb every other expense AND pay a commission?? Come on folks - a little less money is better than NO money - don't be so greedy stylists! I know Studio J treats their employees THE BEST! I worked there!! And you couldn't have chosen a WORSE place to go (Headquarters????)- that owner is meaner than a junk yard dog!! And I wouldn't take my DOG to Headquarters!!
Maybe you'd take a pay cut but I'd say a good percentage of people prefer raises or at least the rate they were offered when they took the job. In ANY profession. Especially with the loyalty those stylist were giving. The non compete was a good idea I've seen other stylist take employees and all to their new salon that's just bad business. But a pay cut.... In this business you can't even guarantee your next paycheck will pay the bills if the economy goes down and people cut back on services. Know what your expenses are before you offer the wage. Everybody is hurting. Not just the owners.
HAHA

Carlyle, IL

#33 Jul 17, 2012
i dont honestly think if someone called up there and asked you these questions you would tell them exactly what was going on. Nobody said you were closing. They asked if you were. Thank you for clarifying that you are not closing.
What

Columbia, IL

#34 Jul 17, 2012
Man.I don't think I would ever say "we are not closing now or ever." no one knows what will happen tommorro. plus if you keep losing stylists,your business will keep losing money.Might of been a better idea to cut expenses and not cut staff commission
happierelsewhere

Euless, TX

#35 Jul 20, 2012
My stylist recently left studio j and moved to vida verde in Columbia. I followed her there bc it's hard to find a good hairstylist. She continues to charge me what I paid at studio j. Vida verde is very nice inside too. I hope studio j can survive but that owner drives her employees out...
uhh

Waterloo, IL

#36 Jul 20, 2012
Who owns studio j anyway?
happierelsewhere

Euless, TX

#37 Jul 22, 2012
uhh wrote:
Who owns studio j anyway?
Christy Johnson
uhh

Waterloo, IL

#38 Jul 22, 2012
happierelsewhere wrote:
<quoted text>Christy Johnson
she went to school here I think
Enough

United States

#39 Jul 22, 2012
I can't believe im even writing on this stupid website, but i couldn't help look when i was hearing about all these comments. Anyone who thinks the owner is greedy or drives out her employees is only hearing one side. Let me see you open and run a buisness and lets see how you pay the bills. Everytime i have gone there all the stylists who arent there were spoiled and good luck to them honestly as a client i feel safer and more peaceful with negativity gone. As for all you negative people posting on here great way to show support to local buisness who have done and made a difference in this county. Shame on you.
crazyowner

Euless, TX

#42 Aug 7, 2012
Saw of Facebook that the owner of studio j fired her own daughter in law...this woman is crazy! Another one bites the dust
kristin

United States

#43 Aug 7, 2012
Is an amazing stylist and will go far in her life. Her personality is rare these days with how much love and kindness she has for family, friends, clients, and even strangers. There is nothing that she could have done to make that witch mad enough to fire her; especially considering she is getting paid to feed and support her grandson!! It's ridiculous and I will no longer go there and support that woman.
poor management

Columbia, IL

#45 Aug 7, 2012
The owner is very rude. Time will tell, but in my opinion this salon does not have proper management to succeed.
sas

Saint Louis, MO

#46 Aug 12, 2012
Cessie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jiggys, it is fair the owner has to absorb every other expense AND pay a commission?? Come on folks - a little less money is better than NO money - don't be so greedy stylists! I know Studio J treats their employees THE BEST! I worked there!! And you couldn't have chosen a WORSE place to go (Headquarters????)- that owner is meaner than a junk yard dog!! And I wouldn't take my DOG to Headquarters!!
ok so if you worked for that crazy Bi-Polar owner of Studio J i am so sorry an you yourself know its a freaking roller coaster,they treat there employees like crap...leaving there was the best thing i could of ever did. As far as the owner of Headquarters she is great:)
uhh

Waterloo, IL

#48 Aug 12, 2012
poor management wrote:
The owner is very rude. Time will tell, but in my opinion this salon does not have proper management to succeed.
is her name Christy Johnson? I went to
school with someone named that.
Waterloo high. Class of '78

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waterloo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Home Contractor 44 min Mary Kathryn Blat... 34
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min On Again Off Again 50,020
Waterloo Doctors 58 min Mary Kathryn Blat... 10
Sheriffs race new backers 59 min yeah 74
Green Forest Vapor Shop 9 hr jussayin 10
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 21 hr Spermcount1 4,050
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Mon LOL at Gomer Pyle 78

Waterloo Jobs

Waterloo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waterloo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waterloo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]