Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

Last night I ordered Applebee's Car side to go. The bill came to $31. I gave her $40 and was asked if I needed change. I'm I really expected to leave a $9 tip for them to walk my food to my car? How much do you all tip for this?
Interweb

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I usually give $2.00 if they have a good attitue. Same at Sonic burger as well.
bird lover

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

Just Curious wrote:
Last night I ordered Applebee's Car side to go. The bill came to $31. I gave her $40 and was asked if I needed change. I'm I really expected to leave a $9 tip for them to walk my food to my car? How much do you all tip for this?
Nothing! I don't tip for take out.
Waterloo2

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I do not tip Carside To Go. They are not waiting on me and I do not tip take out either. I cannot believe they asked if you need change for $9! Amazing.
wondering

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I was at a set down restraunt and had $5 and some change coming and she asked me if I wanted any change. I informed her that I was going to leave it but because she was so bold to ask me that way she was out of luck. Against my better judgement after she left I put a tip on the table.

The proper thing for her was to state "she would be right back with my change". When approached like that most people would respond by saying keep the change.
Agreed

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I do not tip to-go food. They are not taking my order or bringing drinks or silverware or checking on me. Too many people expect tips nowadays.
wondering

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

You have to remember the same people bringing it out carside or the same ones waiting tables inside for about $3.50 an hour. Unfortionatly they rely on tips to make a living.

The waitress was rude for asking if they wanted change back is the only thing wrong here.

Does anybody know if Sonic pays min. wage like other fast food places? Or do they pay less like a sit down restraunt?
KJI

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

wondering wrote:
You have to remember the same people bringing it out carside or the same ones waiting tables inside for about $3.50 an hour. Unfortionatly they rely on tips to make a living.
The waitress was rude for asking if they wanted change back is the only thing wrong here.
Does anybody know if Sonic pays min. wage like other fast food places? Or do they pay less like a sit down restraunt?
Sonic employees get min. wage.
Mr Know It All

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

wondering wrote:
I know for a fact that Applebees waitresses get paid more than $3.50 an hour.
High Dollar

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Mr Know It All wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that Applebees waitresses get paid more than $3.50 an hour.
Holy sh*t what do they do with all that money??????????
I do tip

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

I do tip to go orders,someone has to take my order, make sure everything is correct,bring to car,pay tip out on what they ring up.I tip less on go orders,but do tip.
Mr Know It All

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

I do tip wrote:
I do tip to go orders,someone has to take my order, make sure everything is correct,bring to car,pay tip out on what they ring up.I tip less on go orders,but do tip.
Do you tip at Sonic? They have to take the order, make sure its correct, and bring it to the car. So does Burger King when you go there and your food isn't ready and you have to pull up to wait for it. Do you tip your to go orders at Pizza Hut when you pick it up? Does them bringing it to the drive up window instead of walking it the 10 steps out to your car mean they are not working just as hard?
USED TO WAITRESS

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

The wage in Illinois for servers is currently $4.80 per hour. The person taking your togo order is responsible for taking your order,correctly boxing it up and bringing it out to you. They depend on the tips the same as if they were waiting on you in the restaurant. Not saying you should give them a $9 tip on a $30 dollar check but atleast 10% which would be a whole $3. If you calculate a 40 hour week at $4.80 an hour would be $192 before taxes could you survive on that in a week? Have a heart and give your server a little something
Mr Know It All

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

USED TO WAITRESS wrote:
The wage in Illinois for servers is currently $4.80 per hour. The person taking your togo order is responsible for taking your order,correctly boxing it up and bringing it out to you. They depend on the tips the same as if they were waiting on you in the restaurant. Not saying you should give them a $9 tip on a $30 dollar check but atleast 10% which would be a whole $3. If you calculate a 40 hour week at $4.80 an hour would be $192 before taxes could you survive on that in a week? Have a heart and give your server a little something
Please see my comment above yours...do you do the same?
USED TO WAITRESS

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

I tip like a $1.00 at sonic and let them keep the change. As far as pizza delivery guys i tip about $5.00 but i also know that pizza hut automatically charges a 2 or 3 dollar delivery fee. I am aware the fast food restaurants are required to pay employees atleast min wage so I do not tip them. but in the case of a server earning server min wage I do tip them to compensate for the fact that they are not getting paid regular wages.
Mr Know It All

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

USED TO WAITRESS wrote:
I tip like a $1.00 at sonic and let them keep the change. As far as pizza delivery guys i tip about $5.00 but i also know that pizza hut automatically charges a 2 or 3 dollar delivery fee. I am aware the fast food restaurants are required to pay employees atleast min wage so I do not tip them. but in the case of a server earning server min wage I do tip them to compensate for the fact that they are not getting paid regular wages.
What if you go to the drive thru at Pizza Hut? Do you tip them for bringing you your pizza? Same thing as Applebees. They just aren't walking thru a door to hand it to you.
USED TO WAITRESS

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Like I said those people are most likely making min wage so NO I dont tip them. I usually ask if they are making server wages or min wage.
It's a common courtesy to tip the people who are making your life a little easier.

Mr. Know It All, you must be one of those customers that expect your server to bend over backwards for you so that you can leave them a really shitastic tip. I've experienced these kind of people and they always got a little something extra from the kitchen staff if you get what Im saying. And yes believe that it does happen. NEVER SCREW WITH THE PERSON HANDLING YOUR ORDER OR YOUR FOOD.
Mr Know It All

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

USED TO WAITRESS wrote:
Like I said those people are most likely making min wage so NO I dont tip them. I usually ask if they are making server wages or min wage.
It's a common courtesy to tip the people who are making your life a little easier.
Mr. Know It All, you must be one of those customers that expect your server to bend over backwards for you so that you can leave them a really shitastic tip. I've experienced these kind of people and they always got a little something extra from the kitchen staff if you get what Im saying. And yes believe that it does happen. NEVER SCREW WITH THE PERSON HANDLING YOUR ORDER OR YOUR FOOD.
Way to judge a person from a Topix post. That really says alot about YOUR character. Actually I was a waiter too and a bartender for more years than you've probably been alive. I know what its like to work for tips, and as I have said in an earlier topic that was started about this very same thing, I knew when I took my job that it was shitty pay and tips were a BONUS, not what I should budget my life out on. I tip for the service I get. I know how easy it is to check an order before you take it to a table to make sure its right. I know how easy it is to ring up the right bill. I know how easy it is to make sure your customer are taken care of. Its not brain surgery. That's why the pay scale is what it is. Just making sure all you people that are spouting off about to go orders needing a tip, that you tip EVERYONE that gives you a to go order. It doesn't matter what they are getting paid, they are providing you with the exact same service. When you were a waitress would you have liked it if your customer asked how much you were getting paid, and tipped you accordingly? Oh, you're making minimum wage...well then you don't deserve a tip, but that person over there who isn't and provided me with the exact same servie, them I will tip.

Now THAT is some bullshit.
the wrong one

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

if you wanna know who SHOULD be tipped....its the guys picking up the recycling in columbia/waterloo every week. they make next to nothing for doing it and are legitimately helping the environment. what would everyone in town do without their respective trashman/recycling man?
Whatever

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

the wrong one wrote:
if you wanna know who SHOULD be tipped....its the guys picking up the recycling in columbia/waterloo every week. they make next to nothing for doing it and are legitimately helping the environment. what would everyone in town do without their respective trashman/recycling man?
Thats the first post on this topic i've seen that makes sense. Good post!``

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Waterloo Forum right now

Search the Waterloo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
tom buckley 4 hr wow 2
Demolition Derby (Jul '10) 7 hr Bubba 111
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr skwirts 3,835
good defense lawyer 14 hr Pop 8
Jeep Clubs? 15 hr Same problem 6
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
Kris Reitz 15 hr now what? 3
FAIR is Unfair (Jul '13) 15 hr Pete n Repeat 48
Thurs. Night Jul 25 labor who 108
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waterloo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••