Paul Ryan's congressional record

Posted in the Washington, DC Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 12, 2012
To date, Paul Ryan has been a congressman for 13 years and has seen exactly 2 of his bills passed into law.

His first success was in naming a post office in his home district. A huge career boost by any measure.

The second was passage of a bill taxing arrows used for hunting

What a successful congressional record for 13 years of work,

Impressive
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Wow way better than Nobama's four years destroying our Economy, and ignoring our Constitution! Gosh don't we wish this was Nobama's record!!! Go Paul Ryan!! Go Romney/Ryan Tea Party 2012!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for starting this thread!
FFS- wrote:
To date, Paul Ryan has been a congressman for 13 years and has seen exactly 2 of his bills passed into law.
His first success was in naming a post office in his home district. A huge career boost by any measure.
Impressive
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Aug 12, 2012
FFS- wrote:
Impressive
And to think nobama has even LESS accomplishments than that! Nobama NEVER passed any bills into law. Hell he hardly ever voted on legislation, and when he did he voted present most of the time. Face it there is nothing you can pull out of your a$$ on Romney or Ryan that is going to make nobama look any better. The countdown continues! Tea Party 2012!
Used to be conservataive

Toronto, Canada

#4 Aug 13, 2012
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
And to think nobama has even LESS accomplishments than that! Nobama NEVER passed any bills into law. Hell he hardly ever voted on legislation, and when he did he voted present most of the time. Face it there is nothing you can pull out of your a$$ on Romney or Ryan that is going to make nobama look any better. The countdown continues! Tea Party 2012!
You probably actually believe that nonsense. Why don't you look up Obama's U.S. Senate record before running off at the mouth. Find out how many bills he sponsored or co-sponsored, how many votes he cast, how many of them were "present" votes. You'll find to your great surprise that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You could start here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bills_sp...

And by the way.... I imagine you meant to say FEWER accomplishments, not LESS accomplishments. Apparently you don't know squat about correct English either. Typical Tea Party ignoramus
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Apparently you do not live in Illinois, the Democrats here including the President who was here before arriving at the WH has helped drive this state into the financial ground, joined at hip with the public unfunded union pensions. Illinois cannot pay their bills, and with 93 billion pension gap by 2013 it appears Illinois is in financial ruin... in 2002 when Blago was elected with all the Dems and unions and Crook County stood behind him smiling including BO the Illinois Dems assumed "control" of the mess raising payroll taxes by 66 percent did nothing to solve the problem, it all went to the unions. Oh the web they have weaved in Illinois, how we wish Governor Scott Walker was our Governor, could we borrow him please, Illinois needs help ever so badly.......
Used to be conservataive wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably actually believe that nonsense. Why don't you look up Obama's U.S. Senate record before running off at the mouth. Find out how many bills he sponsored or co-sponsored, how many votes he cast, how many of them were "present" votes. You'll find to your great surprise that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You could start here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bills_sp...
And by the way.... I imagine you meant to say FEWER accomplishments, not LESS accomplishments. Apparently you don't know squat about correct English either. Typical Tea Party ignoramus
Reality Check

Bellmore, NY

#6 Aug 13, 2012
There's a man running for Vice-President of the United States who has voted to prohibit same-sex marriage, voted for tougher penalties for non-violent drug crime, voted for the Patriot Act, and voted for the Iraq War.
ussurf

York, PA

#7 Aug 13, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Apparently you do not live in Illinois, the Democrats here including the President who was here before arriving at the WH has helped drive this state into the financial ground, joined at hip with the public unfunded union pensions. Illinois cannot pay their bills, and with 93 billion pension gap by 2013 it appears Illinois is in financial ruin... in 2002 when Blago was elected with all the Dems and unions and Crook County stood behind him smiling including BO the Illinois Dems assumed "control" of the mess raising payroll taxes by 66 percent did nothing to solve the problem, it all went to the unions. Oh the web they have weaved in Illinois, how we wish Governor Scott Walker was our Governor, could we borrow him please, Illinois needs help ever so badly....... <quoted text>
If Illinois has problems it is because the people of your state voted for the wrong guy.Don't you get it?
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#8 Aug 13, 2012
I sure do get it, Obama was voted State Senator 1997-2004 term in Illinois, and US Senator Illinois 2005-08, and President 08...! Obama, along with Governor Quinn, Senator Dick Durbin, Governor Blago, etc.. all progressive libs, all part of the Chicago political machine way....
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>If Illinois has problems it is because the people of your state voted for the wrong guy.Don't you get it?
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Aug 13, 2012
<quoted text>
So according to Wikipedia nobama has 2 bills passed into law That's the SAME as Ryan? I'm an uneducated hick... I mean gov't educated. So you USE to be someone of character and conviction. Now you're a sellout to a anti-American, anti-capitalist? Tea Party 2012!
Election 2012

Washington, DC

#10 Aug 14, 2012
FFS- wrote:
Impressive
Now-President Obama was a US Senator for 180 days. During that time, he sponsored no bills whatsoever. Every time he was asked to vote on something, he voted "present," failing to take a position one way or the other.

You're completely insane to compare the two.
Reality Check

Brentwood, NY

#11 Aug 14, 2012
Paul Ryan’s Budget Deals a Body Blow to Women’s Bottom Line: Where Mitt Romney has been vague, Paul Ryan has long been very specific about his support for policies that take a disproportionate toll on women.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#12 Aug 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
Paul Ryan’s Budget Deals a Body Blow to Women’s Bottom Line: Where Mitt Romney has been vague, Paul Ryan has long been very specific about his support for policies that take a disproportionate toll on women.
Ryan was the best choice for an obama win!
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#13 Aug 14, 2012
Oh ya the Sandra Fluke fake war on women, we are not all the feminists out here in the USA lol. And we are also married many of us. We are not those that are the Democrat voting base, single divorced, kiddies, who are married to the government for their support, daddy is out making more babies with another future welfare mom. We have other concerns including jobs for our families including our college grads that can't find work and find themselves back at home these days..... our home values are also important to us, also those having underwater mortgages, and foreclosures as well. And rather than have the kids on our insurance until 26, which btw costs the same as them having a policy off the internet, saves nothing, the kids and their parents would much rather they have a job and their own benefits. The majority still does not want obamacare, repeal this when we vote obama out. Millions of women loves Ryan's plan, I know I am one of them!
Reality Check wrote:
Conservative 2

Ripley, MS

#14 Aug 14, 2012
<quoted text>
What are some of obamas accomplishments
Wake Up

Plainfield, IL

#15 Aug 14, 2012
What is the win really, 53 percent of college grads who cannot find work, unemployment that has never dropped below 8 percent, millions unemployed and underemployed, a shattered housing market, home values down 38 percent, mortgages underwater, foreclosures everywhere, a failed green agenda with taxpayers money wasted when they knew these companies were flopping, holder's fast and furious, a failed jobs stimulus package one trillion taxpayers dollars wasted and obama laughed saying jobs not so shovel ready, robbing from medicare 700 billion for obamacare. Obamacare forced on us all, the majority still does not want it, and the cost of trillions we can't afford, de facto immigration, 5 trillion in new debt added on his watch without obamacare included yet, telling the Russians he will have more leverage after the election, our country heading for a financial collapse if entitlements are not reformed, Obama is the best choice ah... maybe for those who do not realize it is the Economy Stupid! You didn't build that. Gosh if this what a winner resembles for the last four years, I will eat my hat lol...
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Ryan was the best choice for an obama win!
Chuck

Hicksville, NY

#16 Aug 14, 2012
Conservative 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love the way he pisses off conservatives, it's priceless.
american

Saint Charles, MO

#17 Aug 14, 2012
FFS- wrote:
Impressive
What he raised taxes!!!why is the tea party not all over this,i mean what a anti-american lib. How america, can we let him get by with this anti buissnes, anti constitution act? what a discrace to the free market.I bet that is why the economy is struggling,cause you know how much a little extra tax will just kill job growth!
Justin Igger

Washington, DC

#18 Aug 14, 2012
american wrote:
<quoted text>What he raised taxes!!!why is the tea party not all over this,i mean what a anti-american lib. How america, can we let him get by with this anti buissnes, anti constitution act? what a discrace to the free market.I bet that is why the economy is struggling,cause you know how much a little extra tax will just kill job growth!
Yes, from what I understand 3 arrowmakers were laid off at the Acme Arrow Company last week. Arrows have skyrocketed in price. You can still find the cheap arrows that are made in China, but they dont work right. The nitches in the arrows are sideways.
Justin Igger

Washington, DC

#19 Aug 14, 2012
Conservative 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For one he was elected President.
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

#20 Aug 14, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>If Illinois has problems it is because the people of your state voted for the wrong guy.Don't you get it?
Yea, and they are ALL DEMOCRAPS! Cali has done the SAME thing, and look at them! Just keep talking! Tea Party 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington, DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 1 hr R12 Freon 137
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr melody colombus 19,556
Obama administration accused of political motiv... 5 hr ronnie 3
Barack Obama Came From A Monkey 6 hr obama is a liar 10
Barack Obama Came from A Monkey 6 hr obama is a liar 6
Barack Obama On His Way To Hell 10 hr Obama Is A Liar 15
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 12 hr Scirolimpcock 1,801
Washington, DC Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Washington, DC People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Washington, DC News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Washington, DC

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:26PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Philadelphia
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Jay Gruden Finally Trusts Washington Redskins' Running Game to Carry the Offense
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Despite Win Redskins' D Still Major Problem
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Washington
ESPN 8:51 PM
Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D